Episode 1d - Setting Up Shop

load previous
Jun 16, 2016 6:02 pm
"I would like nothing better!"
Jun 16, 2016 6:28 pm
"Great! Lets go!" Tionne grabs the droid's hand and leads him off to a nearby scrap yard she found. She's after the parts she needs to mock up the tech shells, as well as any "furniture" pieces she can bring back to the shop for cheap.
Jun 16, 2016 6:46 pm
Zen wanders around the scrap yard, touching pieces with his oversized arms and generally acting like a kid in a candy shop.
OOC:
Okay, roll an Average mechanics check to see if you find everything;
1 success: enough pieces to mock-up a piece of tech
2 successes: enough pieces to mock-up both pieces of tech
For each subsequent success one more piece of furniture/tool for the repair shop
A triumph: find a droid shell in good condition
Jun 16, 2016 6:51 pm
Tionne peruse the scrap heap
OOC:
FYI: spent my 15 XP to purchase 3rd rank in Mechanics.

Rolls

Mechanics (Int-4, 3 ranks)

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 3 Advantage

Jun 16, 2016 6:58 pm
OOC:
Do you want to reduce Strain or claim some kind of furniture item?
Jun 16, 2016 7:02 pm
OOC:
I am only one Strain short of max. So I guess some kind of furniture item. A toolbench or something I suppose.
Jun 16, 2016 7:11 pm
"Is this why you brought me along?" asks Zen as he lugs the toolbench out of the scrapyard.
Jun 16, 2016 7:17 pm
"No! I was gonna do this alone, we just met! I just," Tionne averts her eyes shyly, "I just like you is all."

When we get back to the workshop and get the workbench in place, Tionne pulls out her datapad and begins looking into other scrap yards around the city. Once she finds a few, she gets distracted and begins researching cybernetic droid-human linkup devices and their implantation.

"What do you think XN? Do you want to try linking into my datapad? You said you gain knowledge from whatever droid you link up with, maybe you can link to the holonet and learn some things permanently. I dunno though, your neural net is really small and limited. Hmm, I think what we need to do is figure out why you blow the brains out of these droids when you detach. Imagine if you could just droid hop all the time, and leave no trace behind.
Jun 16, 2016 8:50 pm
"I also burrow into their cranium, which they might notice."
Jun 17, 2016 12:12 pm
"Well XN, I'm less worried about them 'noticing' than I am about their entire personality getting wiped out. Although...that droid shop upstairs said they wipe all their refurbished droids before sale. I guess if a droid has already been wiped, its not quite so bad. Although you're still destroying them. I think we need to talk about finding you a semi-permanent 'host'. Shell-hopping isn't really cool, nor is it a good idea. Where did you come from by the way? Were you left here after a battle or something?"
Jun 17, 2016 4:55 pm
"I am afraid I do not have that information."
Jun 20, 2016 5:53 pm
"Well, you're just a trove of information aren't you? What can you do right now? What was that droid you took over made for? I'm not familiar with its make."
Jun 20, 2016 6:07 pm
"It is an ASP series loading droid, built for moving cargo."
Jun 20, 2016 7:52 pm
OOC:
What is the relative timeline between this thread and Dalla's thread? Was that convo in this thread's future, past or approximate present?
Jun 20, 2016 8:04 pm
OOC:
Good question, I've been trying to work that out. I'm pretty sure it was when you were cleaning up the repair shop, so before you met Zen.
Jun 22, 2016 4:44 pm
"I'm getting nowhere here. I need to call a friend." Far away, Dalla's comms chirp.
Jun 22, 2016 5:14 pm
What's up, buttercup? Did you find the stuff I needed?, you hear back in a distinctly non modularized way. Wait..., you hear some more clicking and noise and suddenly the sound warbles as it should. There. When did these things get so complex.
Last edited June 22, 2016 5:15 pm
Jun 22, 2016 7:25 pm
"No, not yet. But I think we can kill two mynocks with one blast here. I need to find some parts for our next, uh, "party". Legitimate avenues have failed me, and my former contacts all want me dead. Think we could make something happens with your new contacts?"
Jun 22, 2016 7:30 pm
Maybe, what's on the shopping list?, I say. You hear quietly in the background rhodian speech and then a small voice respond to it.
Jun 22, 2016 7:39 pm
"I'll send you a list of the parts I need. While we're at it, we can find what you need for your meth lab. I've set up a little workspace-oh! I just remembered, I need a power converter too! I'm pretty short on credits, so maybe we can strike a deal for tech services or something. I'll send you a list and the address of the workshop."

Tionne's tone suddenly changes and she sounds like a giddy teenager, "Yeah! You can see my place and meet my new friend XN-8!"

Tionne sends a list to your comm.
Last edited June 22, 2016 7:39 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.