Episode 1e- Brunch

Jun 16, 2016 6:09 pm
Tisha pressed the door chime outside of her parents' penthouse apartment and unconsciously smoothed her dress. She had managed to get invited to family brunch after a wild night of Sabacc and near death. When she called her parents after getting home as the sun was rising, she wasn't expecting either her mom actually answering nor being asked to come over that very morning.

Tisha checked her makeup, hoping that she did a good enough job of covering the telltale signs of lack of sleep. There will be plenty of time to sleep after brunch is over and she's had a chance to scan over pending litigation that may interest her cell. With a sigh and a mental affirmation I did my best, she takes a deep breath as the door slides open and B4 answers. Tisha smiles at the droid and walks inside, not entirely prepared to spend time with her parents but reminding herself that her cell could use the information.

Mother, Daddy, I'm here... Tisha calls out.
Jun 16, 2016 6:50 pm
B4 shuffles back in front of Tisha,

"Your mother and father will be with you shortly, Miss Tisha. Please make yourself comfortable in the lounge. Would you like a Trondashan Spritzer?"
Jun 16, 2016 6:59 pm
That would be lovely, thank you

Tisha walks towards the lounge, keeping her eyes open for any unattended datapads or flimsiplast (assuming hard)

Rolls

perception

4 Success, 3 Failure

Total: 1 Success

Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm
As Tisha passes her father's study she sees that he has left his datapad on the edge of his desk, as usual.
Jun 16, 2016 7:07 pm
checking to make sure that nobody was watching her, Tisha calls out to B4 you know what? can you scratch that spritzer and mix me up a pink nebula? I'm feeling fancy today, thanks!

knowing that bought her a little bit of time, she enters the study and quickly goes through the datapad, scanning for recent litigation that would be of interest. she's searching emails, rough drafts, anything that catches her eye

Rolls

computers

3 Success, 4 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 4 Threat

Jun 16, 2016 7:16 pm
Tisha finds several emails and a draft document that look interesting and quickly transfers them over to her own datapad. Just as she is finishing up, the adjoining door to her parents' bedroom opens and her father walks through, still pulling his tunic over his head,

"...put anything on, Tisha doesn't care," he is saying as he comes through.

"Do you even know our daughter?" comes the reply.
Jun 16, 2016 7:18 pm
Tisha quickly places the datapad back where she found it and calls out Daddy? is that you? and comes out of the study to give her daddy a hug and a kiss.
Jun 16, 2016 8:57 pm
"Tish! We were, uh, just looking at the bedroom. We might redecorate," he looks around, "Where's B4? I need a Spitzer."
Jun 16, 2016 9:00 pm
He's already mixing drinks. Tisha steps back and smiles at her parents.

How is everything? I haven't seen you since I came back to Corellia. the Senate must be keeping you busy.
Jun 19, 2016 9:47 pm
"You know those guys," said Arrish, "they never shut up. Why just come out with it when you can talk all day? It's like they think the taxpayer pays them by the word!"

Eevy comes around and kisses Tisha's cheek and then holds her shoulders as she looks her up and down,

"My, that dress is lovely. I haven't seen it before, is it new?"
Jun 19, 2016 9:55 pm
oh, this old thing? I got it a few months ago. So when's brunch? I'm starving.

Tisha calls out towards the kitchen

I'm also thirsty, too, B4
Jun 20, 2016 10:40 am
B4 glides into the dining room holding a tray with three drinks, two in long glasses with iridescent green bubbles and one in a large bowl-like glass with clear liquid and a swirling pink cloud in the middle.

"You can't hurry the perfect aperitif, Mistress Tisha," he says, putting the drinks down in the appropriate places, "I have prepared a delicious gartro egg omelet, to be served with diced roba, and garnished with calarantrum. Shall I serve it immediately or would you prefer to sip the drinks first?"
Jun 20, 2016 1:34 pm
Oh, I'm sure the Senators probably have to rush off soon. The Law never rests, right, daddy?
Jun 21, 2016 10:18 am
Arrish smiles proudly at his daughter as he takes his seat,

"That's right, not for a minute. I don't think your mother has had a break since, what do you think hun, the Taanab trip? And even that was mostly business."

Eevy nods,

"I barely saw anything outside of the hotel and the conference centre. Not that there's much to see on Taanab; bantha, nerfs and patchwork fields as far as the eye can see."
Jun 21, 2016 1:42 pm
Tisha also takes her seat and sips at her drink a bit

seems like you two have been unusually busy lately. Any important legislation in the works for our dear empire?
OOC:
just a general, softening you up question. do I need to start rolling?
Jun 22, 2016 12:38 pm
OOC:
I don't think you need to roll yet, this seems like chit-chat. When you do roll you can have two boost dice if it's a persuasion against Arrish (daddy's girl bonus) and one against Eevy.

Btw, Arrish is a senator for the Senate of the Corellian System. Eevy is a Galactic Senator.
Eevy's smile seems to hold no real amusement,

"Senator Organa is trying to block our Emperor's Registration Programme, which will be getting tested on Lothal. He calls it 'undemocratic'. I don't know why he can't see that this will help the people that he claims he is defending. I suppose we cannot expect the husband of a Queen to be in touch with reality."
Jun 22, 2016 1:35 pm
No, I suppose not. How about you, daddy? I hear you've been wrapped up in committees and such. any exciting plans for the people of Corellia?
Jun 22, 2016 2:32 pm
Arrish takes a long drink from his spitzer and then places it carefully on a coaster on the table.

"The Diktat is making another grab for power. This time he is trying to get the Judiciary answerable to him! It's ridiculous. I don't know why the Emperor puts up with him."
Jun 22, 2016 5:53 pm
Unbelievable. the gall of some beings... Tisha says after another sip of her pink nebula Hells, why did I ask B4 for such a big drink? and he made it too sweet, I'm going to get a buzz faster than I want She thought

Anything else to deal with the more.. unsavory parts of our society? I was just commenting to a friend the other day how there's a lot more gang activity in Coronet than I remember.
Jun 22, 2016 6:37 pm
"I've noticed that too. Why, you're not even safe at my country club these days! One of the newer members, a being by the name of...Thane. Yes, something Thane I think. Well, rumour is he's some kind of gangster!"

B4 enters the room with a tray of steaming food and places it in the centre of the table then starts to serve onto each individual plate.

"He's not so bad, though. I've had a few drinks with him. He's actually quite charming. Strange sense of humour, though. And a temper like you wouldn't believe. I once saw him smash up a serving droid just for putting ice in his drink!"

B4 gasps and falters as he tries to serve some egg on Tisha's plate...
OOC:
Please roll an easy Coordination (agility) check to avoid getting egg on your face.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.