[Recruitment] Waterdeep:Urban Adventures

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

OpenDungeons & Dragons 5thPrivate1 / dayForgedchaos
Waterdeep : Urban Adventures is a sandbox game set in the Sword Coast, Mainly in Waterdeep. Characters can either start out from the city itself or be coming from surrounding areas. Between Job boards, Adventuring Companies, the Undermountain and the city intruge, there will be plenty to keep everyone busy. Players can for groups or strike out on your own, but this is a living city and what one group does can affect everyone else.

Books that will be used in this campaign are:
Sword Coast Adventures
Volo's Guide to Monsters
Xanathar's Guide to Everything
Tasha' Cauldron of Everything
Dragon Hiest
Dungeon of the Mad Mage
Acquisitions Incorporated.

Sep 15, 2022 6:25 pm
Waterdeep: Urban Adventures is a living city sandbox game run in 5e. There will really be no player cap because your can party up with others or strike out on your own, but actions will have conquences and affect others. Will prefer characters be from the city proper or from near by. Although there will be elements from Dragon Heist and Dungeon of the Mad Mage, Acquisitions Incorporated will be influencing the game the most. So go explore the Undermountain, Maybe meet up with Volo, or possibly get hired by AI or get in their way!

This game will be a casual game, so post when you can and wont be very combat heavy (unless you want to). So come and have fun and see what the City of Splendors can do for you.
Sep 15, 2022 6:42 pm
I am absolutely down for a nice casual sandbox game.
Sep 15, 2022 7:09 pm
That sounds interresting. Sign me up
Sep 15, 2022 8:03 pm
Sounds interesting and what would the level be?
Sep 15, 2022 8:36 pm
I'm interested too!

@Gene: this is in the game description:
Character Generation Info
4d6 Drop Lowest
Max Starting Gold
1st Level
Sep 15, 2022 8:39 pm
LOL. Blind Gene missed seeing the HUGE RED "Game details". Well sign me up with some blood. I'm good.
Last edited September 15, 2022 8:45 pm
Sep 15, 2022 8:42 pm
Sounds interesting
I guess I would also like to try, if you accept players who would like to try. I believe the most important in such a game is players who will be playing, so I would like to reserve my rights to leave without explaining the reason.
Sep 15, 2022 10:55 pm
GreyWord says:
... so I would like to reserve my rights to leave without explaining the reason.
If you start playing and want to quit for any reason, thats fine, just drop me a note saying your dropping out, no questions asked
Sep 16, 2022 1:06 am
Would like to sign up. Thank you
Sep 16, 2022 3:14 am
I'll come aboard. Dealing with a funeral tomorrow, but I should be able to get a character ready after that. I do not have AI, but I assume that won't be a problem?
Last edited September 16, 2022 3:14 am
Sep 16, 2022 6:29 am
Casual, low commitment works for me right now. I'm curious how well a sandbox will work in PbP. I volunteer as tribute!
Sep 16, 2022 2:10 pm
Adam sent a note to Forgedchaos
Sep 16, 2022 2:32 pm
Wow thanks! Ill have to look into that, this will help alot!
Sep 16, 2022 5:19 pm
im interested if this still a thing?
Oct 1, 2022 2:11 am
This sounds fun! is it still happening?
Oct 1, 2022 4:09 am
TheFrenchNorth says:
This sounds fun! is it still happening?
Not currently sure.
Forgedchaos hasn't been on for 6 days. While we have no idea about his real life, the timeframe puts his last log in three days before Ian ripped Florida new hole... so most of us are giving it some more time on the off chance the guy is dealing with aftermath of the storm. 🤷
Oct 2, 2022 6:45 pm
I once ran a similar campaign (not so sandboxy) set in Waterdeep called Waterdhavian Knights. All characters were young nobles who started at 0 level (this was in the days of 1E, transitioning to 2E) and began as adolescents for their species. The first adventure was inspired by Adventures in Babysitting and they earned their stripes and became 1st level at the end of it. Further adventures in and around Waterdeep were planned, but the campaign didn't last.
Last edited October 2, 2022 6:47 pm
Oct 15, 2022 9:55 am
I'd be interested in participating in the campaign! Just wondering, since I was thinking about playing a Dragonborn, it's ok if I use Fizban's Dragonborn variant, or should I use the standard ones?
Oct 15, 2022 11:03 am
@samdragon I'm afraid that you have missed your chance on this one.

1. The initial Recruitment post is a month old. (Sep 15, 2022). A game usually starts after a week.
2. The player that made the Recruitment post has Zzz. by his name. That means that he hasn't logged in for more than 2 weeks. So even if the game had started, it would have ended again.
Oct 15, 2022 1:20 pm
DM disappeared right after character creation, 19 days ago. Most of those who signed up have since bailed. A few of us are still hanging around but it's probably not happening.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.