Returning

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 15, 2022 12:18 am
Was on here some time ago, wasn't sure of my way around, then found rpgcrossing site, it was easy, so spent my time there. Now I have returned. Still had the id and password, which was nice. Now I am learning my way around again. I noticed like other sites, it doesn't have character sheets for older versions which bummed me out. Anyway, I enjoy D&D, AD&D (except 4e), and Pathfinder (except Pathfinder 2e). So once I am familiar with everything, then I will jump in. I played D&D since 1979. DMed for only 3 years in the early 90s. I'm staying as a full time player, DMing seems a lot harder than it used to be.

Well, good gaming everyone.
Last edited December 15, 2022 12:19 am
Dec 15, 2022 12:33 am
Welcome Back!

There aren't specific character sheets for a lot of games bust they're generally covered by the Custom Character sheet. I'd recommend jumping on the GamersPlane DISCORD (link should be coming soon via @BowlofSpinach's welcome post). We don't play there but it's a good place to get to know the community and hear about upcoming games.
Dec 15, 2022 12:35 am
Thanks!

Glad we don't have to play on discord, being hard of hearing, it's not easy
Dec 15, 2022 1:25 am
Welcome back, seekr34. As Witchdoctor said, there are many character sheets built for many games. Here's a list of them so far, but if you're looking for something specific, they're kind of fun to build so just let us know.
Dec 15, 2022 1:43 am
Welcome back. Things look a little different here now and hopefully it's easier to find your way around.
Dec 15, 2022 2:59 am
Welcome back to the site, seekr34!
Dec 15, 2022 3:04 am
The more the merrier!
Dec 15, 2022 3:49 am
Welcome, seekr!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Dec 15, 2022 11:54 am
Welcome :)
Dec 15, 2022 1:32 pm
If you want the advantages of a character sheet but don't want to get into the BBcode for making custom sheets you can use this tool to host a Form Fillable PDF or other type of remote character sheet on a different website.
[ +- ] Example
Dec 15, 2022 1:36 pm
A lot of games do have great custom sheets, though, which are even better than some of the official ones. Make sure to check if maybe someone already wrote what you need
Dec 15, 2022 1:41 pm
bowlofspinach says:
A lot of games do have great custom sheets, though, which are even better than some of the official ones. Make sure to check if maybe someone already wrote what you need
As Bowl said The Other Option is to learn a bunch of BBcode (personal opinion, it's not that complicated) and use it to make a sheet that calculates things for you and lets you just press a button on the sheet to add your roll to your post. If you do this you can also help everyone else and share the sheet where everyone shares custom sheets they create.

As Someone hasn't offered up a sheet they've created I'd guess that none have been publicly shared but it's still possible.
Last edited December 15, 2022 1:45 pm
Dec 15, 2022 3:02 pm
Welcome back!
Dec 16, 2022 6:43 pm
Welcome back to the fold!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.