Clarification about the rules :)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 14, 2023 11:45 pm
Hello there -

Please call me Starsong. Playing RPG for a long time, and ran plenty of PBP games since an accident that kept me home a lot.

Before I jump in and consider hosting games here, I'd like to understand better the rules so that I can contribute positively to the community.
Quote:
No violence or depictions of violence
This point stands out to me. Does it mean we can't, for example describe someone being cut in two by a sword? After all RPG usually involve hurting NPCs and Monsters with weapons.

Please this is asked in good faith so that i can respect the site rules.

Thanks for the clarification
Last edited June 14, 2023 11:55 pm
Jun 14, 2023 11:59 pm
Welcome, Starsong!

The violence rule is intended for IRL depictions of violence rather than fictional ones in games. Clearly many games here involve lots of fictional violence.
Jun 15, 2023 12:04 am
Thank you so much.
Jun 15, 2023 12:56 am
Welcome Aboard, Starsong!

In case you haven't had the Welcome Wagon stop by, here's Bowl's list of helpful links:
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome, Starsong!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)
Jun 15, 2023 1:01 am
Thank you very much! Trying to get up to speed, will make a proper introduction later.
Jun 15, 2023 1:01 am
Welcome to GP!
Jun 15, 2023 1:05 am
Thanks Nezzeraj.

A small question please. Where can i see my subscription posts, is it only by email? I, for example, didn't saw notification on the site that someone posted here, but i did subscribe. :) Sorry, not familiar with this platform :D
Last edited June 15, 2023 1:08 am
Jun 15, 2023 4:08 am
Welcome to the community, Starsong! It'll take a bit to get used to how it all works, but it'll be worth it!
Jun 15, 2023 4:11 am
Starsong says:
Thanks Nezzeraj.

A small question please. Where can i see my subscription posts, is it only by email? I, for example, didn't saw notification on the site that someone posted here, but i did subscribe. :) Sorry, not familiar with this platform :D
Yes, I think subscribing refers to email notifications, but I'm not 100% sure, since I never use that feature. I always just browse the Latest Posts page, but there are a lot of ways to interact with the site and you just have to find what works best for you.
Jun 15, 2023 4:22 am
Gracias. Have a great end of the week.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.