Wandering this realm for the first time.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 24, 2023 1:24 am
It's always such a nice experience to find a welcoming place. Hi, I'm Excidiar, and for a while I will be wandering mostly the dev subforums, as I'm working on a project myself. It's not my first rodeo in the world of game design, I have already published two zines for the Cypher System, as well as a One Page Game. Now I'm working on my first large scope project. It's been 2 years already and several iterations. In that project I plan to pour and enrich my personal canon verse, as well as the things I have been learning about this little world of pen and paper over the years I have been interacting with it. I'm also studying a Professorate in Language and Literature. Which, I hope, helps enriching my prose and writing skills so they can catch up to my already prolific imagination.

In matter of tastes, they are varied. Along my life I have been obsessed with more things than I can recall. Currently my high tier obsessions are One Piece, everything written by Brandon Sanderson outside TWOT, my career, my game, and a freeform pbp I've been enjoying for almost 3 years on discord in which my main character is an hydra.

Speaking about hydras, dragons in general have been an obsession of mine for years and I've been struggling to find any sort of media in which they feature as protagonists. But in the case of hydras in particular, I vaguely remember a quote from GURPS Dragons. They said it was impossible to pull off a playable hydra in a point buy system and keep it balanced. And I took that personally. It's one of my personal challenges for after I release the core of my system. Am I crazy? Maybe. But who isn't, here?
Sep 24, 2023 5:16 am
Welcome, Excidiar!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Sep 24, 2023 5:44 am
Welcome to the GP community, Excidiar!
Sep 24, 2023 2:04 pm
Welcome to GP, Excidiar!
Sep 24, 2023 3:46 pm
Welcome, Excidiar. I'm a dracophile as well, and a dragon features as a protagonist in my yet to be released third novel. I've long wished to run a game where the players are Dragon riders (rekindled recently after reading Rebecca Yarros' The Fourth Wing).

I hope you have great adventures on Gamers Plane, and I'd love to hear more about your RPG. Perhaps you'll playtest it here when you're ready?
Sep 24, 2023 7:27 pm
Qralloq says:
Welcome, Excidiar. I'm a dracophile as well, and a dragon features as a protagonist in my yet to be released third novel. I've long wished to run a game where the players are Dragon riders (rekindled recently after reading Rebecca Yarros' The Fourth Wing).

I hope you have great adventures on Gamers Plane, and I'd love to hear more about your RPG. Perhaps you'll playtest it here when you're ready?
Yes, that's the idea. No dragon lineages are planned for the playtest, sadly. Unless you count kobolds as lesser dragon humanoids.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.