Out-of-Character Posts Thread

load previous
Nov 9, 2016 1:45 am
I've got a B2! Not great... but no double Ob penalty. :D
Nov 9, 2016 1:47 am
Oh yeah I guess you can disguise Gord... Nice! Right skill right time...?
Nov 9, 2016 3:02 am
Sorry guys, don't think I can manage IC posts today... to f-ing stressed about the U.S. election.
Nov 9, 2016 3:16 am
My wife is holding me to a strict "only talk about it once per hour". I am drinking. :( :(
Nov 9, 2016 10:34 pm
No worries. It's got me and mine pretty bad too.

And i think we'll have to see how the disguise pans out before calling right skill right time. :)
Nov 11, 2016 11:42 pm
Sorry again for the absence all. The election hit my family pretty hard, have some in-laws that are members of a demographic that one might consider at risk depending on exactly how Trumps policies go... Been focusing on the family a bit. But I'm back!
Nov 12, 2016 3:30 am
Sorry to see that. It was definitely a rough week.

On the upside, I did get to do some excellent Q&A sessions for AetherCon this morning! Being "on" for three hours straight took a lot out of me though. XD
Nov 16, 2016 3:19 am
Re: Persuasion test.
1. Failure consequences?
2. Will Tomas help? With 1D or 2D?
Nov 16, 2016 4:31 am
1. To convince him to let-up, outright, through these letters will be pretty dang hard. Im thinking like a 6 Obs? He has an absolute need for a scapegoat right now that would require some expert persuasion to discount, and there are also behind the scenes circumstances that would present a Disadvantage for you. Failure condition would be he isn't convinced, but would have a seed of doubt planted, and would also take them directly to Nicastro.

2. Can you propose something for Tomas to do that can Help with the test? He's not really a written prose kind of guy so I don't think he'd have an applicable Skill, and he doesn't know anything about the situation that you haven't told him, and so is kind of just a different set of handwriting to mask the ruse should it have to hold up to some technical scrutiny, right? As well as of course getting the letters directly to Heimart.
Nov 16, 2016 5:20 am
Cool. Is it base Ob 5 with +1 Ob disadvantage, or base Ob 4 with +2 Ob disadvantage? (Matters since this is Beginner's Luck)

Tomas and Nulgha have been talking about the contents of the letters and he will be delivering them. Seems like helping with Persuasion, Falsehood, Forgery, or a -wise like Scheme-wise or City-wise are all plausible candidates. Since I will be rolling Beginner's Luck, he can also help with a base stat if he doesn't have them.

Do either of rich paper or the Thieves Guild will in fact have some shake ups due to Maestro being gone translate to advantage?
Nov 16, 2016 11:31 pm
Obs 5 was my initial conception of it.

Yeah, he would have an applicable -wise I suppose, just by knowing his father - how he thinks, what pushes his buttons...

No Advantage based on that stuff I think, that's the persuasion itself, voicing it convincingly.

You could try a slightly less ambitious Intent, if an 11 Obs seems a little steep :P
Nov 16, 2016 11:57 pm
I'm a student of Mouse Guard sometimes even when I shouldn't be... I know "no weasels" isn't a BWG rule but it's kinda how I like to play games in general. :)

Rolls are up in the post, not good enough to Hail Mary Fate, so failure.

Still need to know whether Tomas is helping with 1 or 2 dice for advancement purposes - it's a challenging Will test if he handed over 1D or a difficult Will test if he handed over 2D.
Nov 18, 2016 2:28 am
Never played Mouse Guard, always been intrigued by the setting and "BW-lite"ness of it. But if I can't even get a game of BW going IRL, I don't even want to think about MG...

1 Help die from Tomas.
Nov 19, 2016 4:17 am
As much as I'm loving this game, I'm going to have to drop it. I've got a lot of things demanding my attention and it's driving me all over the place and I need to trim some of the things away. I apologize and thanks for letting me join for awhile.
Nov 19, 2016 7:17 am
Sad cat! Thanks for letting us know, SB.
Nov 19, 2016 5:07 pm
Ok, see ya around S_B.
Nov 20, 2016 6:25 pm
Bye. S-B. Well that knocks the wind out of my sails. I really don't know where to go from here.
Nov 20, 2016 6:50 pm
Well, it's like he asked; what were you gonna do before he came along?

Or, we can shift focus to another one of your Beliefs.
Nov 22, 2016 4:21 pm
Sorry, was super busy for a few days. I'm back though. I work in one of the layers enabling ecommerce so now and just before Christmas are the most hectic.
Nov 23, 2016 8:38 pm
Hey guys, have an interested party that may want to join in. Between that and travel/holiday/travel, may not be moving too fast in the IC thread for the next couple days.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.