1.4 - The Wyr River: Out of the darkness, into ...

load previous
Mar 26, 2015 1:45 am
Utazó resists shooting Darazen a glare. "Can't even pronounce 'Utazó' correctly, always screwing up the last syllable. 'UtaZO'? What the hell is an UtaZO?"
Last edited March 26, 2015 1:46 am
Mar 26, 2015 2:37 am
"It's Zó, not Zo! And unless you're my father it starts with an Uta. Utazó, not Utazo, Utazó", she answers before realizing that the only way Darazen would know she was upset was that he was reading her mind.

***Stay out of my head or the next time you call me 'Zo' it will be pronounced incorrectly through the gurgle of your own blood!***
Mar 26, 2015 3:33 am
Darazen's dark visage turns a little whiter when he "hears" the fatal threat. ~This woman has issues!~ ***OK, I'll call you Utazó in future.*** Realizing he and Utazó are the last to leave the room, he feels a little vulnerable, and hastily types in the passcode before moving rapidly away from her. As a passing thought as he walks away he adds, ***Your father must have been a fine man. ***
Mar 26, 2015 5:24 pm
Tara proceeds down the hallway to the intersection and glances both ways to be cautious.. (Assuming she sees nothing out of the ordinary) she turns right and proceeds to the doorway where we heard the noises.. She'll glance through the window while seeing if she can hear any noises through the door. She'll position herself so Vult can get access to the panel at the side of the door.

(In case you need a roll.)

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Intellect - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Mar 26, 2015 9:51 pm
***He was, thank you***

Utazó will stay near the closed door as the others move ahead. Once they've all moved out of sight, she'll slowly move up to the "T" in the hallway, carefully watching behind her towards the locked door.

Rolls

Intellect (keeping watch) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Mar 27, 2015 6:49 pm
As Tara approaches the corner, she looks in both directions. The hall is empty. Looking right, Tara confirms there is a room with a sign above the door says "Rememdium". The door is clicking, not quite closed. Tara pushes on the door and it opens. Inside, the room is lit. The room is about 120 ft by 120 ft. There is another door, closed, on the east (left) side. Shelves and panels line the walls. Four beds are attached to the south wall with panels over each. Desks and chairs are scattered throughout as are several beds. In the center is a 10 ft wide square "column" floor to ceiling with panels. There does not appear to be anything moving.

Tara reports to there are no dangers and moves in, encouraging the rest to do so.

As Utazó leads on the rear guard. She keeps her eye on the door. The rest of the party turns to the right, following Tara. As Utazó takes a step to the right, ONLY she sees the door shimmer and a ghostly figure step through the door, followed by another and another. They seem to be walking in step and wearing white jump suit type uniforms. None seem to wearing weapons and none seem to see her.

(Intellect Roll: 1) Utazó freezes. The figures walk up to the intersection and turn left. They move towards the far door. The door shimmers and the figures walk through.
Mar 27, 2015 7:18 pm
A stunned Utazó tries to call out but is unable to make a sound. "WHAT THE HELL!" she screams internally as the figures approach and move past her as if she didn't exist. She watches in fear as the last figure walks through the opposite door.

*** DARAZEN!!!! ***
Mar 27, 2015 8:24 pm
***Are you sure you are pronouncing that right?*** he responds in a huff.
Mar 27, 2015 10:04 pm
*** What the hell were those things? ***
Mar 27, 2015 11:42 pm
Something in Utazo's tone makes Darazen spin around, alert to potential danger, but the sight that meets his eyes astounds him. He sees Utazo alone in the corridor. ***Are you messing with me? I told you I am sorry for mispronouncing your name!***
Mar 28, 2015 3:10 am
*** I forgive you already, just get the hell over here ***

Utazó recovering a bit more from what she saw turns to Darazen. "Three figures. Walked right by me. Went through that door", she uses her sword to point to the opposite door. Catching her breath a bit she says, "It's like they either didn't know or didn't care that I was here.

"No one else saw anything???"
Last edited March 28, 2015 3:10 am
Mar 28, 2015 4:42 am
Sympathetically Sarazen listens to Utazo's explanation. The others have already moved on, and he nods as he looks towards the door she is pointing at. "I'm sorry, I am sure you saw something, but I didn't see it." ~she seems pretty shaken up. She must have seen something.~ "We are in a strange place. Maybe things are different here?"

In an attempt to find some insight to help advise Utazo, Darazen draws on his intellect.

Rolls

Intellect - insight with effort - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Mar 28, 2015 5:55 am
Tara checks to see what the commotion was about, but sees Darazen trying to comfort Utazo about something, she sees no enemies, no one else seems about to fight, so she goes back into the room and checks the doorway on the other side of the room and looks thought the transparency in the door to ensure no one is coming.
Mar 28, 2015 4:50 pm
Whirling about, Vult levels his bow, searching for foes. Finding none, he lowers the weapon. "Uta...zo" Vult stumbles over the name. "Can you describe the figures in greater detail? They could be projections, a recording of sorts. Did they look anything like this:"

Vult will describe some of the men and women from his dream, including the clothes they wore.
Last edited March 28, 2015 4:51 pm
Mar 28, 2015 6:19 pm
"They were dressed in white, almost like plain white uniforms, walked right by me in perfect unison. Three of them, they all appeared to be male, but I'm not sure. It's almost like they weren't even there, kind of transparent looking", Utazó stammers as she recalls what she had seen.

She quickly shakes her head and rubs her eyes. "I think you're right, Darazen, things must just be different here", she says, trying to convince herself she just wasn't seeing things. "If no one else saw anything or has any ideas then I suggest we just move on then."
Mar 30, 2015 10:55 am
(Ooc: anyone heard from Khoren or Kai lately? As a courtesy we should probably post on the strategy threads if we are unable to post for any reason.)
Mar 30, 2015 1:22 pm
Ooc: I've been following the discussion, but haven't had anything to add during the short walk.
Mar 30, 2015 1:56 pm
ooc: very cool. thanks. I guess it is up to GM, but I get the impression he waits for everyone to post before prompting the next action. Cheers.
Last edited March 30, 2015 1:58 pm
Mar 30, 2015 10:23 pm
Merlin says:
ooc: very cool. thanks. I guess it is up to GM, but I get the impression he waits for everyone to post before prompting the next action. Cheers.
ooc: I DO try to wait for everyone, but have skipped in the past. I tend to wait more if there is combat (as we are in rounds) or when there is blatant actions that one or more are doing int the group. This past weekend had me swamped though and work is picking up some.

Utazó is clearly shaken at what she saw.... three ghost like apparitions walking towards her and then turning and walking away like they never saw her. More disturbing to her was that no one else saw them.

Darazen offers some comfort and tries to understand what just happened (int check).

Vult listens as Utazó recounts the description of the trio, wondering if they were similar to that of the men he saw in his dream. (int check)

Khoren steps into the room and sees shelves and panels on the walls, beds pushed about and desks with notes, books, view tablets and such. (per check)

Tara walks directly over to the other door and pears through the window. She sees nothing but darkness. She waits for her eyes to adjust, but even the shadows are dark. She presses her hands and eyes to the panel and waits for her eyes to adjust. (perception check)

Yui looks at the beds and says, "Figures"
load next

Thread locked