LFP for Burning Wheel game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 22, 2016 8:03 pm
Hello GP people,

I have an opening in the Burning Wheel game I am running and wanted to put out the word I am looking for a player to fill the slot.

I would ask that any interested party is either familiar with the basics of the system, or is willing to download the "Hub n Spokes" PDF - which is free - from BWHQ and give it a read.

Here's a link to the game, cheers!
Nov 23, 2016 4:53 pm
I'm definitely interested. I'm currently in the middle of GMing a home BW campaign, so I'm familiar with the system, but have never played as a PC or in a PbP game (for BW I mean - I've played Mouse Guard in PbP).

I checked out the game link and it seems interesting. Any additional details you can give me re: scope, i.e. high adventure with lots of battles, or is play based primarily within the city walls? Seems like it could be either based on the description. Also, any guidelines for expected post frequency or specific playtimes? I'm available more often than not, but occasionally work and life eat up hours. Just want to make sure that I line up in that regard.
Nov 23, 2016 6:22 pm
Hey! It's mostly based within the city walls or in the immediate area of the city, PCs are mid-to-upper level players in the Thieves Guild but I don't know that it would classify as high adventure, more gritty political scheming. Heres a link to the campaign burning thread if you want to see what went into it. There haven't been any physical battles yet (less than 24 IC-hrs/~100 posts in), and any that do take place would be taken care of via "Hub n Spokes" methods (very quick, very basic). Here's a link to the game forum, I've marked it as Public so you should hopefully be able to browse the IC thread and Character record sheets/Beleifs, etc. see if it's something you want to get involved in.

We're trying to keep to 1 post a day on average. Now that the game has managed to get off the ground and I seem to have two dedicated players, I'm not as concerned, but thats still the stated goal. Understood that life takes precedence I just ask that you keep us informed if there will be a prolonged absence.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.