Part 4: Wave Echo Cave

load previous
Mar 29, 2017 1:26 am
"What did you say?" I follow the others into the small room, confused at the sight before me. Have I heard tell of anything like this before?

Rolls

Nature check? - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Mar 29, 2017 2:20 pm
OOC:
It'll be more of an arcana check, but I'll still use your roll
Xora amazingly recognizes this as a Spectator, younger cousin to a Beholder. It doesn't appear to be aggressive.

Why are you here? Did you come for the Forge? the voice speaks again in your mind, while the eyeballs focus on each one of you all at the same time.
Mar 29, 2017 4:21 pm
"More for the mines, I guess," answers Kama. "Some dwarves asked us to come down and get rid of some squatters. Sorry if they were friends of yours, but they weren't as polite and civil as you."
Mar 29, 2017 5:12 pm
OOC:
nicely played...
Last edited March 29, 2017 5:12 pm
Mar 29, 2017 5:13 pm
I have no friends, I merely guard the forge, the creature imparts, If you are here to also protect it, you are welcome. Beware the undead roaming here.
Mar 29, 2017 5:19 pm
"Wait, you guard the forge?" Kama repeats. "Uh, I mean, well I guess we're sorta protecting it, too, right?" He looks to the others for confirmation, then returns his attention to the floating ball of eyes. "Were you just hired? Gundren never mentioned anyone else he paid to come down here."
Mar 29, 2017 5:31 pm
A Spectator! Here, of all places? I don't know what to make of that. "If you're not protecting the forge from the undead, what are you protecting it from?"
Mar 29, 2017 5:37 pm
You hear an amused sound in your head, I have been here for longer than you've been alive, I'm sure, it says, I guard it against any who would wish to misuse its power
Mar 29, 2017 5:51 pm
"And the undead don't want to misuse the forge?" asks Kama. "I guess that makes sense. They didn't seem interested in the mine itself.

"So what counts as misuse? Forging a badly-made sword for a baby?"
Last edited March 29, 2017 5:52 pm
Mar 29, 2017 5:53 pm
I don't know what their intentions are, but they have approached here before, the Spectator muses, It could be that whoever sent them DOES want access to the forge. I usually kill them on sight.
Mar 29, 2017 5:59 pm
Kama rubs his chin. "Never really heard of a dead thing wanting to forge a nail, unless it's to keep their limbs together. That might be an idea.

"Um, anyway. There are some dwarves that will want to start up things here again. Is that going to be a problem if they have to use the forge?"
Mar 29, 2017 6:09 pm
Good dwarves, humans, and elves built this place. Their return would be welcomed
Mar 29, 2017 6:15 pm
Kama nods. "Good to hear, and I'm sure they'll be happy that you're around. So... I guess we'll let you get back to your... job?"
Mar 30, 2017 1:58 pm
Another amused sound in your mind, Beware the undead and whoever is leading them

Map
OOC:
Where to?
Mar 30, 2017 4:06 pm
"Wait, what?" Kama starts, turning back around. "Someone's in charge?"
OOC:
Might as well check out the next building.
Last edited March 30, 2017 4:06 pm
Mar 31, 2017 7:42 pm
Kama finds the door to the next room stuck as well. With a little bit of effort, he is able to force the door open. Dust, ash, walls blackened by fire, and heaps of debris beneath the sagging ceiling show that this room was damaged by a destructive blast. The furnishings - tables, chairs, bookshelves, beds - are charred or splintered, but otherwise well preserved. A scorched iron chest stands near the foot of one of the beds. There is another door on the south end of the room.

Map
Mar 31, 2017 8:38 pm
Follows Kama in, wand and shield ready. If there's nothing in the room, he'll try to kick the chest open.
Last edited March 31, 2017 8:39 pm
Mar 31, 2017 8:43 pm
As Stormsong steps into the room, a phantom rises from beneath the floor. The figure is that of a middle-aged man with flowing robes. The aura he gives off gives you chills and he speaks in a rasping whisper, "Your presence is offensive to me, your life forfeit. My treasures are mine alone, not yours to plunder!"

It doesn't immediately move to attack you.
Mar 31, 2017 9:08 pm
Readying 4 magic missiles to be fired at the first sign of aggression, Stormsong says "We are not here to plunder -- we work for the rightful dwarven owners of this mine and intend to help them get it operational again!"
Last edited March 31, 2017 9:09 pm

Rolls

4mm - (4d4+4)

(1312) + 4 = 11

Mar 31, 2017 9:17 pm
The wraith growls at you, "This mine belongs to me and I will not tolerate anyone else laying claim to it."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.