Part 4: Wave Echo Cave

load previous
Apr 3, 2017 8:21 pm
Kama nods. "We can make use of the hallways, too. Keep them hemmed in to take them down one by one as they come up."

While they talk, Kama heads over to the south door and tests whether or not it is locked.
Apr 3, 2017 8:23 pm
The southern door is unlocked and empty. It looks like it was once used for storage.

MAP
Apr 3, 2017 8:56 pm
Since this appears to be one of the big bads, Stormsong will turn the room over looking for more loot.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Apr 3, 2017 9:01 pm
Stormsong finds a number of magically preserved tomes, most of which appear to be history.
Apr 3, 2017 9:37 pm
Tosses them in the pack for the Rockseekers.

"Let's complete our exploration before extermination so we know what we're dealing with."

Heads down the south hall, torch in his shield hand, sword ready.
Last edited April 3, 2017 9:40 pm
Apr 4, 2017 7:13 pm
Stormsong leads the way south and into the next room. This room is filled with a large amount of luminescent green fungus. There is an exit on the other side of the room and two paths through the fungi patches.

Map
Apr 4, 2017 7:21 pm
Kama quips, "I guess this would be food for dwarves? I never thought much about what they eat.

"Well, let's finish our scouting."
He continues forward.
Apr 4, 2017 10:43 pm
I examine the fungus. Does it look familiar? Is it dangerous, or tasty?

Rolls

Nature - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Apr 5, 2017 1:16 pm
Xora notices the fungus is a particularly nasty type. It releases a poisonous cloud of spores whenever anyone nears in. She is able to point it out to Kama before he crosses the patch.

You do realize that the area leads to a part of the cavern you've already been to and you can just take the long way around safely.

Map
Apr 5, 2017 4:07 pm
Kama nods in relief and thanks as Xora saves him (again) from a terrible fate.

"Who was keeping track of the map?" he asks. "I'm getting turned around in here and can't recall if there are areas we didn't check out yet. This way?"
OOC:
Heading to the undiscovered darkness.
Apr 5, 2017 4:15 pm
Taking the long way around to check out the only area you haven't seen yet. The eastern wall of this chamber has collapsed rubble. To the north, a door stands ajar, leading to a good-sized storeroom. Dusty kegs are tucked neatly against the walls, all of them cracked and split open from age.

Map
Apr 5, 2017 4:47 pm
Kama nods, mostly to himself. He briefly steps back into the hallway and closes his eyes, concentrating on the sensations of undeath to determine if the ghouls are still in the area (using Divine Sense). He then returns to the room.

"Okay, so up ahead was where Gimblyn saw all them running dead. I know Stormsong had the good idea to hit-and-run and whittle their numbers, but the more I think about it, they'll probably start chasing after whoever hit, right? What if we double-back around to the bellows (#12) and get their attention, then lure them over to our floating friend (#15) so it can help us out with them?

"I can see in the dark just fine, so I won't need a torch. I'll stay here and streak through, get them drooling over my handsome face, and join up with the rest of you at the bellows where we can fight a retreat to the brazier. How's that sound?"
Apr 5, 2017 5:07 pm
Kama senses that the ghouls are still in area 9. He senses 7 distinct undead auras in that area.
Apr 6, 2017 2:48 am
Sound so good! He heads to the bellows room with Gimblyn and Xora.
Apr 6, 2017 7:10 pm
"I'll wait for about... 10 minutes?" Kama says as the others depart. He isn't certain of the time required for them to reach the bellows and set up.
Apr 6, 2017 9:09 pm
The others make it to the bellows room in a good amount of time, leaving Kama all alone.
Apr 7, 2017 5:36 pm
Kama thinks to intone a prayer, but can't find the proper words. He instead settles for, "Good luck," and jogs into the chamber containing the undead.
Apr 7, 2017 6:00 pm
As Kama enters the room, all of the ghouls turn to look at him. They begin following him as he runs off toward the others.
OOC:
Roll d20 for complications of the chase
Apr 7, 2017 6:03 pm
OOC:
Stormsong wants to have the pursuers gather in a cluster in the tunnel to the bellows room. To prepare, he suspends the dead flamskull from the end of his spear with twine, covers it with his cloak and casts the light cantrip on it, choosing a greenish light similar to a live flameskull. After Kama runs through, he'll uncover the skull and have it "float" up in the mouth of the tunnel. With minor illusion hell project the skull's voice commanding them to stop and gather here for his orders. He'll be hiding around the corner.

Xora and Gimblyn can pick them off as long as they stay in the tunnel. If he can affix his spear somewhere and join in the killing at range, he will, otherwise he will hold the spear.

Once it looks like the ghouls are on to him, he'll cast faerie fire into the group.

What do you think? Performance roll?
Not sure what they roll to save against a sound illusion. DC13.

Last edited April 7, 2017 6:05 pm
Apr 7, 2017 6:20 pm
Kama tries to make sure he watches where he steps. No sense in falling and presenting himself as a buffet.

Rolls

Chase! - (1d20)

(16) = 16

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.