Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Jun 2, 2017 4:11 am
Leth is just gonna try and take some cover, if he can. Idk if that needs an initiative roll or not

Rolls

initiative - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Jun 2, 2017 4:30 pm
Domarc's common sense tells him the smoke door is probably a trap of some kind.

Last chance to take an action before the jinn and elemental collide! Who can say if either one of them will survive this clash!?
Jun 2, 2017 4:42 pm
Zangua yells, "You wanna go home? Here!" and he forcefully tries to jam the bracelet around the jinn's wrist, or at the very least into her hand.

Rolls

Athletics? - (1d20+7)

(17) + 7 = 24

Jun 2, 2017 7:38 pm
"It's a trap," Domarc muses. For a moment he thinks he sees a squid like head in the smoke door, and then turns to watch the action with Zangua.

Edit - as a bonus action, Domarc will inspire Zangua, giving him an additional d8 on his attempt to do...whatever he's doing.

"He's back from his watery grave,
Goodbye unto you we wave!"
Last edited June 2, 2017 7:45 pm
Jun 2, 2017 10:19 pm
Somehow, Zangua manages to swing the bracelet onto the stump of the jinn's severed hand as she charges past, but with a quick flick, she flings it off, sending it rolling and bouncing down the hill.

Steam screeches and flames roar as the jinn and the fire creature collide, the jinn blocking the spinning wheel of conflagration with her spear and trying to twist the point into it, so that the fire creature's spinning momentum causes it to shred itself apart against the weapon, while the fire creature tries to bear its bulk down on the jinn, engulfing her arms and head in its flames, trying to consume her...

Edit: The spinning wheel of flame wobbles as the jinn stands her ground. Does anyone want to take an action or intervene at this point?

Rolls

Jinn rapid attacks! - (1d20+10, 1d20+10, 1d20+10)

1d20+10 : (11) + 10 = 21

1d20+10 : (12) + 10 = 22

1d20+10 : (8) + 10 = 18

Fire creature rapid attacks - (1d20+6, 1d20+6, 1d20+6)

1d20+6 : (6) + 6 = 12

1d20+6 : (3) + 6 = 9

1d20+6 : (3) + 6 = 9

Damage - (6d6+18)

Jun 3, 2017 5:07 pm
Zangua brings the blade of his glaive about, trying to carve through the fire. "Damn, girl! Your cousin gave me that to give to you!" he growls, referring to the lost bracelet.

Rolls

Glaive vs Wheel in the Sky Keep on Burning - (1d20+7, 1d10+4)

1d20+7 : (12) + 7 = 19

1d10+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

Extra Attack - (1d20+7, 1d10+4)

1d20+7 : (9) + 7 = 16

1d10+4 : (1) + 4 = 5

Bonus Attack - (1d20+7, 1d4+4)

1d20+7 : (14) + 7 = 21

1d4+4 : (3) + 4 = 7

Jun 5, 2017 5:16 pm
As Zangua unleashes his fury on the spinning wheel of flame, it begins to lose integrity, sending embers and fragments of flame flying into the air and skidding down the hillside, finally passing in a great belch of smoke over the jinn, fading and dissipating into nothingness, carried away by the breeze and mingling with the smoke still pouring steadily from the holes on top of the hill.

The jinn stands there for a moment, looking down at Zangua. "My cousin," she finally asks, "sent you back here?"
Jun 5, 2017 5:24 pm
Zangua plants his glaive into the ground. "Yes," he answers, glaring up at the jinn. He jerks his thumb over his shoulder. "That thing was your ticket home. It's not like I like you or anything, but your cousin helped me out, so I owed him."

He sighs. "I did what he asked. Ain't my fault you chucked it into the brush." Squinting up at the jinn, Zangua chews on his words for a moment, in serious contemplation.
Jun 5, 2017 6:55 pm
"He serves his own ends," the jinn says with a dismissive nod. She turns to stare at the archway and the smoke-choked passage it frames. "But I will reward the assistance you tried to give me. I will allow you to question Pafthinel before I kill him."
Jun 5, 2017 6:59 pm
"How's about you go get that bracelet?" counters Zangua. "In that time, my companions will meet and talk to the elf. Once you have what your cousin wanted you to have, you make the choice to either follow us or activate that thing and go home. Or follow us, then activate the thing."
Jun 6, 2017 9:09 am
Felor watches the dying embers on the hillside and breaths a sigh of relief. He'd had quite enough of battling elementals for one day.

"Good work, Zangua," he says, nodding at him, before heading over to examine the smoke door. "Don't like the looks of this, after what happened on the other hill." Felor turns to Terra to explain: "The entrance to the tunnels over there was boobytrapped with elemental water magic. Damn near killed Vhezyen." Felor sighs. "Well, I suppose the water got him in the end."
Jun 6, 2017 6:03 pm
The jinn raises her hand and shoots a jet of water into the smoke, which disperses out into the air. Her concern for the bracelet appears to be nil. "Go on and enter," she says. "I will be close behind you." With a faint smile, she folds her arms over her chest, and in the blink of an eye dissolves into a fine mist that pools onto the hillside, swirling in eddies around the party's feet.
Jun 6, 2017 6:18 pm
Zangua would shrug, but pressed for time heads for the archway. He spares only a passing glance at the newcomer Terra as he moves on.
Jun 7, 2017 4:50 pm
Absolutely.

Mordred looks from the jinn to Zangua and back to the jinn, quizzically, as he follows through the archway. Zangua has some explaining to do.

Nice job, CancerMan.
Jun 7, 2017 5:53 pm
Domarc nods at Zangua as he passes by, and then follows him into the archway.
Jun 7, 2017 9:23 pm
"Oh." Leth says after a moment upon seeing Zangua's exchange with the elemental. "You... You literally had something to give her. I thought that was all bravado revenge-speak." He mumbles a bit sheepishly, mostly to himself. "Well, I uh... let's get this over with."
Jun 7, 2017 11:42 pm
The party squeezes through the narrow passage single-file. It opens to an irregularly-shaped vestibule about forty feet wide, with passages branching off to the southwest, the south, and the northeast. The southwest and northeast exits seem to lead to long, narrow corridors; the south passage leads up a curving inclined passage.

It's strangely warm in here, a marked contrast to the chill of the jinn in mist-form as she pools around your feet and ankles.
Jun 8, 2017 4:11 pm
So the jinn is still hanging around, so to speak? If so, we should probably figure out a plan if we need to get Pafthinel off the island...

I'm inclined to start with the south passage, if it's all the same to everyone else.
Last edited June 8, 2017 4:12 pm
load next

Thread locked