Chapter Five: Bapdis Orjo's Gift of Reconciliation

load previous
Jun 14, 2017 5:44 am
BullOctorok says:
It certainly could be an elf. Feel free to try a Perception roll.

The person squatting in the flames does not seem to hear you.
Terra, who's been loitering in the back out of the way, checks the scene.

Apologies for the silence - life was kicking my ass.

Can Terra help with Find Trap in addition to a Perception roll?
Last edited June 14, 2017 5:45 am

Rolls

Assistive perception roll - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Jun 14, 2017 3:21 pm
Domarc squints into the flames.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Jun 14, 2017 4:07 pm
BullOctorok sent a note to GirlGeekWriter
BullOctorok sent a note to nubs
Terra can go ahead and make a separate roll to look for traps.
Jun 14, 2017 6:45 pm
"I think it might be him!" Domarc cries. "Can we remove him from the flames?"

Domarc looks at the statues emitting the fire jets. Do they have an off switch, or could we topple them or are they carved into the floor/walls? Use whichever roll seems appropriate.

Edit: This is definitely an investigation thing, right? Right?
Last edited June 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Investigation check - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Jun 14, 2017 6:51 pm
The statues seem to be attached to the ground. They each have two empty holes for eyes and the mouth hole from which the fire is emitted. There is no obvious way to "turn them off" or otherwise control the flame jets.

Edit: For a visual reference imagine something like haniwa, but without the posed arms. They're about two feet tall.
Jun 15, 2017 6:01 pm
Domarc eyes the figure in the flames again. "This seems odd to me; I don't think this was his plan!"

Arcana check to see if I have any idea what might be going on here or if there's a way to shut it down

Rolls

Arcane check - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Jun 15, 2017 6:06 pm
No obvious solutions come to mind for Domarc.
Jun 15, 2017 6:09 pm
Do the figures mean anything to Mordred? Perhaps some Infernal connection? He cautiously waves his hand close to one of the flame jets, to get a sense of how hot it is.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Jun 15, 2017 6:35 pm
It's very hot. The entire chamber is uncomfortably hot for anyone without fire resistance; standing by the edge of the pit, the heat is nearly unbearable.

The statues don't look like anything to Mordred, they're too simple and crude to be clearly representational, and the style isn't anything he's seen before.
Jun 15, 2017 10:03 pm
Fjorgyn's teeth! It was sweltering in here! Barely able to see the center of the room over the waves of scorching heat, Felor asks his companions "Maybe we should smash the small figures?"
Jun 16, 2017 5:14 am
Zangua tries to see if there's anything else in this chamber that might be used, even if it's as simple as opening a window to let in some air.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+6)

(3) + 6 = 9

Jun 16, 2017 12:08 pm
BullOctorok says:
Terra can go ahead and make a separate roll to look for traps.
Terra cursed. More fire. Suddenly being surrounded by water didn't seem like such a terrible curse, earlier. She scans quickly for traps as Felor suggests breaking the statues. "Wait... we have no idea if they're booby trapped." She concentrates...
Last edited June 16, 2017 12:09 pm
Jun 16, 2017 3:31 pm
Could I pour water into the eyes of the figure?
Jun 16, 2017 3:39 pm
There are no windows in this cavern. Yes, you can pour water into the eyes if you'd like.
Jun 16, 2017 4:15 pm
Zangua mutters, "Probably another one of them elementals. Break 'em free just like we did the water girl."
Jun 16, 2017 4:30 pm
"Has anyone checked the chest?" Domarc asks, heading over to it. "Let's not run about like our hair's on fire...because it's not. Yet."

Inspecting the chest for signs of traps

Edit - investigation, I mean
Last edited June 16, 2017 4:30 pm

Rolls

Inspect - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Jun 16, 2017 4:40 pm
A careful inspection reveals no signs of traps on the outside of the chest, and gingerly lifting the lid a few centimeters suggests that there are no locks or traps hidden inside.
Jun 16, 2017 5:26 pm
Totally forgot about the chest. I'll hold off on the water for now.
Jun 19, 2017 7:04 am
Zangua looks back at the entranceway and the mist lingering there. "Is that the elf?" he asks, pointing at the kneeling figure and trying to be heard above the spewing flames.
Jun 19, 2017 11:11 am
CancerMan says:
Zangua looks back at the entranceway and the mist lingering there. "Is that the elf?" he asks, pointing at the kneeling figure and trying to be heard above the spewing flames.
Terra confirms: "I see elf like ears - is there more than one elf involved in this debacle?"
load next

Thread locked