Yet Another Age: The 13th Age

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Apr 8, 2015 3:15 am
Fixed the middle stat issue. I still need to figure out racial abilities... I need suggestions!
Apr 8, 2015 4:13 am
Ok, I've added racial under background, because it feels right there. I also updated the Abilities/Talents section to be about class stuff.
Apr 8, 2015 1:27 pm
Modifiers seem to be working for me now!
Apr 12, 2015 3:04 am
Home stretch!

Basic attacks each need a damage field that can take a xDy+z format.

I can't add notes to the attack fields, don't know if that's on my end or your end.

Defense modifiers seem to be calculating correctly now.

I think that's about it. Those couple of changes and it should be ready to go.
Apr 12, 2015 5:56 am
I don't know if a decision was reached if Racial works better under Backgrounds or under Abilities.
Apr 12, 2015 6:34 am
I've fixed up the Attack notes. Given what you were saying about different weapons, I figured people could put Weapon damages into notes under attacks. If you think its better fit as its own field, I'll do that. Most characters only have one weapon?
Apr 12, 2015 6:52 am
Backgrounds as a mechanic are specifically used for skill checks. So I would consider most racial powers to come under abilities, even the ones that are passive. But I mean, anyone who wants to put racials under backgrounds isn't specifically precluded from doing so, I'd leave it as is and up to the preference of the user.

Damage is fine under the notes fields for the attacks, I'm talking about the basic basic melee, and basic ranged attacks. What you have currently calculates the to-hit bonus for each of those attacks, and there's no space to record their specific hit and miss damage. Unless a notes field can be put underneath them, which would be fine.

So in my Cleric's example. They have a basic melee attack, with a to-hit bonus vs AC, it does 5d6+8 damage. IIRC This breaks down to 1d6 damage per level from their mace, + STR, + Item bonuses. Their miss damage for the same attack is 5.

What I'm saying with the different attacks is that they can do Combat Boon as an at-will melee attack. Mechanically it replaces their basic attack as long as they have a functional holy symbol, and don't have magic blocked. When they use combat boon, it does a basic melee attack worth of damage, as holy damage, based on the WIS stat, and allows a nearby ally to roll a save. So what you have for those kinds of class-based attacks is fine, and the notes field is enough to record the details of that attack. But because so many attacks use basic damage as a starting point, you need to be able to record that somewhere.

-edit- hmm, and I still can't add notes to my attacks. Uh, if that's on my end I'll try doing a fresh sheet later on to see if that fixes it.
Last edited April 12, 2015 6:59 am
Apr 13, 2015 3:05 am
That should be everything updated. As for the notes, try hard refreshing, and it should work.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.