2 - Distress on Xorrn

Feb 28, 2017 3:26 pm
Quote:
Gar sends the IFF frequency that Davro was able to extract from the message and he receives a communication from Xorrn to land at "Landing Shaft Besh" with some coordinates. Turning the ship deeper towards the planet, Gar takes it in...

The Gundark descends into the orange clouds and the light around the cockpit has an eerie, sickly tinge to it. Gar complains that the controls are sluggish, but he's able to bring the ship in without trouble. As you break through the clouds and approach the surface you see a few dozen spherical shipwrecks -- Trade Federation cores -- rusting in the sand below. Several deep shafts pock the surface, and one of them has flashing green lights. "That must be Landing Shaft Besh." Gar comments absently. He directs the Gundark there.

Settling into the shaft, the ship descends several hundred meters below the surface, slowly rotating around as it plays the lights outside the cockpit on the walls of the shaft. Somewhat boringly they reveal nothing more than rock. With a deft touch, Gar lands the Gundark on the platform and you all can see a group of four people awaiting your arrival. A young man appears to be in a heated argument with an older, grease-stained woman in engineering coveralls. Behind them, an older grey-bearded man and a thing woman in rich dark robes look on -- seemingly unimpressed by the argument before them.
Keirso tried to quell the unease that was building in him. He was still somewhat rattled by his duel with Venzo while en route, and while things weren't quite normal between them, the dust was beginning to settle. Mostly he was unsettled by the obviously historical carnage that covered this planet. It reminded him of a graveyard more than a battle zone, and that thought was less than comforting.

Still, they had someone to find and rescue - that thought at least filled him with warmth and purpose.

He strolled down the ramp of the Gundark and drew upon his considerable charm and announced himself loudly, trying to pitch his voice just above the din of the argument without being so rude as to yell himself.

"Excuse me, gentlefolk! We're looking for the Clan Assembly, would any of you fine people care to point us in the right direction?"

Rolls

Charming my way into some information

4 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 2 Advantage

Feb 28, 2017 3:54 pm
Curious as to the state of affairs on Xorrn, and as to what exactly prompted Alliance High Command to call for help on this planet, Venzo presses the button to open up the boarding ramp. Taking in the air for the briefest moment, he listens intently as he heads down the ramp to the platform, on his way to greet what he hopes are new allies. Perhaps Cacique Coorsa is here, or at least one of his representatives is.

He approaches the group, vigilant as always, raising an eyebrow at Keirso's barely less than obtrusive greeting. He always was the affable type. I wonder if that's just a part he plays.

Although he knew Keirso considered the possibility, Venzo chimed in, his words suggestive, as much as they were meant as a question for the four strangers on the platform. "Perhaps they are members of the Clan Assembly?"

Saw Keirso's post. That works, and Venzo's fine to listen for the moment, only to add to Keirso's greeting that they were looking for Cacique Coorsa, although he won't mention the Alliance itself.

I'd like to Assist Keirso's Charm, with Skilled Assistance, using Venzo's Force Influence power Control: Skills upgrade. Could we consider Venzo's Force Influence Control: Skills as applicable for Skilled Assistance? It's adding part of Venzo's skill check element as a means of assisting Keirso. I'll add the roll below, with the force dice, as it makes sense to me. Of course, if you don't like it for some reason, feel free to dismiss it.

Also, I posted in the old thread first, and rolled all Dark Side, so go with that if you like. Or, let the force be with Venzo, and allow the roll below!

EDIT: I would add both of those as Advantage, unless they're needed as Successes for Keirso to succeed at his check.
Last edited February 28, 2017 3:55 pm

Rolls

Helping Keirso's Charm with Skilled Assistance

2 White Force Points, 1 Black Force Point

Mar 2, 2017 1:59 am
While Keirso is getting their attention Kellin slips out and starts Exploring the area around the ship looking for anything that could be an ambush or trap.

Rolls

Stealth

2 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Perception

2 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage

Mar 2, 2017 2:23 am
OOC:
Adding difficulty dice.

Charm result: 2 succ 0 adv + 2 adv from Venzo - 2 and 2.
Stealth check: 1 success, 2 threat
Perception: 2 success

Rolls

Cool vs. Charm

2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Stealth in an open landing pad (very very hard) and they're looking right at you (and expecting you)

1 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 4 Threat

Perception check for scary things.

3 Threat

Total: 3 Threat

Mar 2, 2017 2:31 am
The four before you seem to brighten a bit as Keirso engages them and turns on his charm, buoyed by Venzo's astute comment. Kellin manages to pop off the landing ramp and dart quickly behind a landing strut -- staying somewhat out of sight as he looks around. However, while doing so, he manages to clock his head on a protruding part of the gear making a somewhat loud clang as he does so. Although slightly dazed, he comes to no ill effect.
OOC:
Kellin has a setback on his next Stealth roll here.
falryx sent a note to ArchTDS
The young man steps forward and nods vigorously at Venzo. "So correct sir!" He offers his hand to Keirso, "Thank you for coming; we are gratreful you were able to arrive so quickly. I'm Kal Coorsa, Cacique of the Clan Assembly here on Xorrn." He indicates the woman behind him. "The angry rancor behind me is the patrician of the Hardin family and our chief engineer, Lira Hardin." At this introduction, Hardin smirks -- as if the comment proves that she won whatever argument they were having. "Behind her are Patrician Viola Sargan and Security Chief Bellows. Welcome to Foundry Four. If you'll follow me?"
Mar 2, 2017 3:11 am
Vhezyen deadpanned sideways toward Keirso. "Well... it would appear we are already pointed in the right direction." Back to business, he continued, addressing the Cacique by way of introducing himself, making eye contact to acknowledge the others. "Venzo. By all means, lead the way."

I'm assuming the group's going along here, in general. While walking, Venzo would ask about the general state of the situation in the area/Landing Shaft Besh/on Xorrn.
Mar 2, 2017 3:57 pm
As soon as the group's back was turned Keirso raised an eyebrow in Venzo's direction and shrugged. If they were truly expected, that didn't bode well for them. However, for the moment he assumed that this was a case of mistaken identity - the group was expecting someone they just didn't know who it would be. For now, it was probably best to continue in that assumption until they discovered the nature of the problem.

Discreetly he pulled a datapad out of his pack and sent a quick message to the others.

::Venzo and I are being led... somewhere by the Coorsa Clan. Feel free to follow discreetly, or keep an eye on the situation::
Mar 2, 2017 6:52 pm
Wordlessly and cautious, Zara followed her compatriots. She tilted her head towards the greeting party in silent acknowledgement. She scanned the mind of the younger man in an attempt to see exactly what it was he was acquiescing to.

Rolls

Sense Thoughts

2 White Force Points, 1 Black Force Point

Mar 3, 2017 5:14 am
Coorsa leads you from the landing pad into what is clearly a factory. As you pass along a winding platform, you hear the rhythmic hiss and bang of molten metal being poured and stamped. As you walk along, Venzo engages Coorsa in some casual conversation. In response to his questions about the general state of things, Coorsa is friendly but firm. "I'd rather wait until we are in the assembly room. Not everyone here knows just yet, and I'd like to avoid a panic."

Zara reaches out with the Force to see what's on the mind of the young man.

falryx sent a note to justin77
OOC:
I'll pause in case y'all have questions for anyone or other items to do -- otherwise later tomorrow I'll move you to the next point.
Mar 3, 2017 4:16 pm
Venzo acknowledged Coorsa's preference to defer discourse on the state of Foundry Four and Xorrn. "I see." While he could appreciate Coorsa's pragmatic use of confidentiality as a means of preventing civil panic, it definitely piqued Venzo's interest, pushing his thoughts toward a machine-like processing of potential scenarios and outcomes. Terrorists? Criminals? The Empire? The last one caught him off-guard and made his hunger pangs for vengeance come alive, catching fire.

His mind went back to the hyperspace sparring match in the cargo hold with Keirso. Water. In that moment, Venzo inwardly struggled for balance, harmony, calm, his face devoid of expression.

He turned his attention outward, seeking distraction, bantering in Keirso and Zara's general direction, a hint of curiosity discernible in his voice. "Well now, things just got a little more interesting, didn't they?"

The fire went out, the pangs replaced by a hollowness inside. His mind went back to calculating, projecting, methodical and disciplined.

Xenos infestation? Hostage situation? Violent civil conflict?

The Empire?

Taking the opportunity to play on the Obsession part of Venzo's morality here, the negative side of his Curiosity. And clearly he is obsessed with laying waste to some imperial scum.
Mar 4, 2017 8:04 am
As they walked, Zara looked around taking in their environment, trying to discern the nature of the operation.

She asked Kal, as she looked around "what exactly do they manufacture here?"

Rolls

Perception

2 Success, 3 Advantage

Mar 4, 2017 2:48 pm
Kellin is still trailing the group keeping an eye out for anything suspicious or useful.Keeping to the shadows as best as possible. His head is still ringing from the blow he took getting out of the Gundark. He thinks that they are going to need to install some type of escape hatch so that he can get out easier.

Rolls

Stealth

2 Success, 3 Advantage

Perception

1 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 1 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Mar 4, 2017 3:03 pm
Always mindful of danger, Venzo's vigilance toward potential threats puts nearby friends just a little more at ease.

This is my best translation of Heightened Awareness into RP flavor. Rolling two Boost dice to add to Zara's Perception check.

Also, I'm sure it's easy to forget, especially since it's something my character adds to the rest of the group's checks, but whenever you're close enough, feel free to roll those Boost dice with any of your Perception/Vigilance checks.

EDIT: Niiiice. This is the second time in a row that I've rolled snake-eyes for Heightened Awareness.
Last edited March 4, 2017 3:05 pm

Rolls

Heightened Awareness for Zara's Perception

Mar 4, 2017 3:11 pm
OOC:
Adding some difficulty rolls.

Rolls

Zara perception

3 Threat

Total: 3 Threat

Kellin stealth

3 Failure

Total: 3 Failure

Kellin perception

1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Mar 4, 2017 3:16 pm
Hardin responds to Zara's question, "Foundry Four makes starship components and armament to order. We'll even install it in our orbital yard. You see the yard on the way in? You shouldn't have; we went through a lot of trouble to hide it. Anyway, we've refitted ships for Hutts, pirates, Rebels, you name it, with the Empire none the wiser."

Although attention is otherwise directly, Kellin is not able to stay out of sight and Chief Bellows spots the wayward Zabrak and gives him a friendly wave forward, "Looks like we have a straggler..." So spotted, Kellin has little choice but to close the distance to the group and join them.

falryx sent a note to justin77
falryx sent a note to ArchTDS
As you walk on, you move through a secure door, opened by the Cacique, and onto a long catwalk that spans a vast pit of glowing, orange mist. At the end of the walkway another door beckons that appears to be your destination.
OOC:
Uncertain if Davro remained behind or came with the group, FYI - so judiciously not mentioning him until Davro chimes in. One more pause if you want to interrogate the NPCs some more, and if not I'll roll it forward.
Mar 6, 2017 3:01 pm
"Good to see you got my message, Kellin!" Keirso smiled brightly and slapped the Zabrak on the back with a friendly firmness. With that, Keirso turned his attention to the Cacique. "It's too bad our friend Davro stayed behind, he'd be fascinated by your operation. He's quite the artist with a hydrospanner."

Keirso considered what the leader of this operation had just admitted - they were an illegal operation, arming ships whose goals ran counter to the Empire. He had admitted this to them without even knowing who they were, a fact which was disconcerting to him. If they were, indeed, helping the Rebellion, they would have to be more circumspect about it in the future.

"If we were to want upgraded arms for our own ship, how much would it cost?" Keirso asked, just to fill a silence that was beginning to grow awkward. Actually... now that he gave it a second thought, that might not be a bad idea. The Gundark wasn't state of the art by any means, perhaps it could do with an upgrade or two...
Mar 9, 2017 3:08 pm
"That's a good question -- but perhaps we can revisit that in a few days after we've dealt with our problem." the Cacique answers. As you get to the final doorway it opens up and leads you into a hexagonal control center that has been slightly reworked to also act as a meeting room of sorts.

As you enter, Coorsa takes his seat in a raised chair in front of a workstation from the factories of this Foundry. Seattle along a table ringing the raised chair are a about 10 people. As Hardin and Sargan take seats at the table, separating themselves from you, you realize these may be clan leaders of the operation. Chief Bellows walks over to where another man sits and finds himself a seat.

"Are we all here then?" Coorsa asks. He looks around, and satisfies himself. "Excellent." Looking about the room, Coorsa says, "You have met me, Hardin, Sargan and Chief Bellows." He begins to point and name the rest that are gathered here before you. The man near the Chief is referred to as Captain Skahvi Renlow. And the other 10 named patricians are as easy to forget as they are to remember. Two stand out in particular. One because he's the doctor -- and he looks like a child. Rees Vinder is his name. The latter is even more covered in soot and dirt than Hardin, Jessa Korrin who responds with a dry cough and "Can we get this frakkin' started?"

"Indeed" Coorsa coolly replies, apparently used to her foul mouth. "Gentlebeings, could you please introduce yourselves?"

He turns to look at the four of you gathered before them.
Mar 9, 2017 4:28 pm
Addressing the room, Venzo stepped forward and began, business-like. "I am Venzo. A message was relayed to us by a well-connnected associate, one that recognizes and appreciates your need." He looked around the room, considering his words carefully. Opting for the direct, blunt approach, he spoke again. "We're here to represent the interests of the Rebel Alliance, as de facto agents. We're you're only hope, and your last chance, because no one else could come."

He let that sink in for a moment, then continued, his voice and attitude matter-of-fact. "That being said, fate has smiled on your plight, because we're more than capable, and having us on your side is the best thing that could have happened to you. The Alliance has a sincere and invested interest in bringing a desired resolution to whatever difficulties you're experiencing, and we are here to make that happen, on their behalf."

Curious, Venzo concluded. "Now, exactly how may we be of assistance?"

Putting Venzo's own brand of stoic Charm out there for something to interpret socially, for better or worse (confident, on the ball, and ready to take care of business). Roll below with Sense Emotion Talent (boost) and Force Influence: Skills (force dice). Adding a Boost because, well, they need help, and we're actually here.

If there's even a difficulty beyond Simple for the check, any white force pips not needed for Success will be used for Advantage.
Last edited March 9, 2017 4:30 pm

Rolls

Stoic Charm from Venzo: Here to help, and Taking Care of Business.

5 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 White Force Point, 1 Black Force Point

Total: 5 Success, 2 Advantage

Mar 10, 2017 1:11 am
The Cacique looks pleased at this. Hardin, however less so.

"Yes. Well. Thank you all for coming," the Cacique says to everyone. At the press of a button, a holoprojector illuminates the air on either side of Coorsa. On the one side is the red raptor, symbol of the Rebel Alliance, and on the other is the orange viper of the Zann Consortium. Given your familiarity with holoprojectors, your recognize these are identless avatars for voice transmissions -- it would appear that neither side wishes to reveal itself to the other -- or to those gathered here.

With that, Kal Coorsa continues, "We have just learned that Imperial forces, spearheaded by a captain by the name of Nervi, plan to attack Xorrn in approximately... forty eight hours." At this the patricians around the table mutter among themselves and Coorsa holds up a hand, "Our friends within the Rebel Alliance, in addition to informing us of this impending assault, have pledged to send an armada sufficient to wipe out the Imperial forces." Coorsa rests his eyes on Venzo and the rest of you. "Unfortunately, they won't arrive in time to stop the attack. We need to convince regional allies to join in our fight and help us hold out for several hours until the armada arrives. We are fortunate, however, to have a team of experts here to aid us in bolstering our defenses..."

Looking back to Venzo, Keirso, Kellin and Zara he asks, "What questions can we answer to help you prepare us?
Mar 10, 2017 1:59 am
Kellin shakes his head at what Coorsa just said. "What defenses do we have on planet? If this used to be a droid factory are there any droids left we can put to use defending this place?" Kellin asks, he kinda wished they would have went with the space outlaw option at the moment but is keeping his mouth shut.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.