Character Creation

Apr 28, 2015 11:41 pm
Here's where you can discuss your ideas for characters.
Apr 29, 2015 4:28 pm
I'm thinking of playing either a Kel Dor healer, or a Mirialan Ataru Striker. Probably someone a bit late to the padawan role, so he would be a bit of a rebel against the Jedi order's traditions.
Apr 29, 2015 11:06 pm
What kind of a group are we looking to play? Warriors? Diplomats? Sneaky grey jedi fighting the low war against the separatists?
Apr 30, 2015 1:56 am
From what I see in the game description, we'll all be padawans who have passed our first trial during the Clone Wars. So we'll probably start as acquaintances/friends before trouble comes our way. (Don't it always?) But I do get your drift: what do we want our group to become? I think we're probably going to wind up as some kind of gray Jedi fighting a shadow war against either the separatists or the early Empire. All depends on how things pan out.
Apr 30, 2015 11:35 am
Well sure, that's the obvious way to take the campaign. But if everybody wants to be a sage/healer/consular then we might be more suited to negotiating with neutral worlds for the rights to pass troops through or get supplies. Or maybe everybody wants to be a healer type, maybe we're the Clone Wars equivalent of a MASH unit.

War is a huge, complicated machine with lots of moving parts. There's room in one for every kind of character.
Apr 30, 2015 2:06 pm
I was going to go with a martial artist who specialized in the Enhance power, but a counselor who uses negotiation first sounds like fun!
Apr 30, 2015 4:25 pm
What do you have in mind, Sandchigger? You make some good points, but I don't have much of a vision for what our party would do down the line. I'm still trying to decide what I want to play, but if someone is going to play good cop I'll play bad cop. It might be fun to play an aggressor to counter the negotiator's aboveboard methods. Especially if the aggressor is a genuinely nice person, but is just one of those downright scary/intimidating people you sometimes meet.
Apr 30, 2015 6:09 pm
Please, call me Chigg. And I see several ways we could do this. We're one of a very small (perhaps only two) number of groups of jedi who have somehow survived Order 66. Further, we're recent graduates of the jedi academy. So.

1. We were a combat unit being sent to one of the contested planets. We survived by being tipped off somehow when our clone troops turned on us in the shuttle. We managed to subdue or kill them and now we're on the run.

2. We were literally just graduating when the Order went out. We were in the jedi temple when Anakin and the 501st began killing everybody. Seeing that all hope was lost, we fled into the underworld of Coruscan't and now have to get off planet before we're found.

3. We were on a diplomatic mission to a neutral planet. Our contingent of clones received the Order but because of local custom were unarmed. Thankfully the royal guards were able to keep them from killing us and the queen helped us escape.

4. We were part of Explore Corp, our talents better suited to long range exploration and first contact situations. We didn't have any clones trying to kill us but the last several communication attempts with the jedi temple have not gone through for some reason, ever since we all felt that great disturbance in the force...

5. We were in a huge battle before Order 66 was sent out. All of our clones were dead or wounded and we're currently MIA, wanted for crimes we didn't commit. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find us, maybe you can hire the J-Team.
Apr 30, 2015 6:53 pm
So where this is actually going to start is your group has been sent to Illum to retrieve your lightsaber crystals. The actual start of the game is you guys coming out of the caves, each having passed whatever test the force decided to give you.
Apr 30, 2015 7:14 pm
HI was leaning towards Human Engineer/Scientist from the Age of Rebellion source book. Been a while since I played a character like that and it sounds like a lot of fun mixing it with force powers.
May 1, 2015 12:38 am
Well Chigg, those are some good ideas. Obviously we'll start on Illum as DarthWash said, but I have to admit some partiality to the J-Team and explore core ideas. And I'd still like to play bad cop to someone's good cop. ;)

Bearkat, I don't have AoR but I'm guessing that's a mechanic-like specialization?
May 1, 2015 12:52 am
Ooh! Can wookiees be jedi?
May 1, 2015 1:26 am
As far as I know, Wookies are force-sensitive, so yeah. I think the rules state that only droids cannot be Jedi. You want to play Mr W?
May 1, 2015 1:30 am
J-team would be a fun one. Jedi mercenaries helping out where ever they can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz_2DEah4o
May 1, 2015 1:34 am
I'm thinking a wookiee Pathfinder. Very in tune with nature and the Force,not a big combat guy. Almost a jedi druid.
May 1, 2015 2:47 am
If EldritchFire still wants to play a good cop Face role, I'll take the bad cop bruiser. Probably start as Trandoshan Shii-Cho Knight, then take Aggressor down the line. Otherwise I do have an idea for a Face too. (My problem isn't coming up with characters, it's picking and sticking with one.)
May 1, 2015 1:04 pm
Rust, yeah it is the mechanic specialization. Was shooting for a techie thats has a natural affinity with machines. I am still deciding what force sensitive class I am going to use. I was working with the Emergent out of the AoR book, but I just aquired the Force and Destiny PDf so I am going to read into that when I am at work today.
May 1, 2015 1:38 pm
Bearkat, just beware that FaD rules state that taking the specializations as non-primary doesn't grant a force rating. So you'd need to take Exile/Emergent first. Check out the Artisan spec to see what the FaD engineer is like. That'll help you make your decision.
May 1, 2015 2:06 pm
Well appears there is an Artisan path in the Sentinel tree, so I will be taking that. The core stuff is done, only thing that is left for me is gear and weapons. Just need to know what the credit distribution will be to purchase it. Also I will be creating a thread on here to post my characters background.

EDIT: After reading the Sentinel class/ Artisan, I am considering dropping the Engineer class and picking it up later as a secondary so that I can more efficiently create a character.
Last edited May 1, 2015 2:11 pm
May 1, 2015 5:54 pm
You each get 500 credits plus whatever you get from your morality and you all get an Ilum crystal as well.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.