Character Creation

load previous
May 2, 2015 5:31 pm
Posted my (still sorta a WIP) character in his own thread. Comment away!
May 2, 2015 6:39 pm
Posted my WIP character as well. Critique, comments, etc please!
May 2, 2015 7:13 pm
And posted mine too. Comments/critique/suggestions/etc!
May 2, 2015 10:23 pm
Everyone's characters are looking really good so far.

Did any of you know each other already, or was this trip your first time meeting?
May 2, 2015 10:28 pm
I'd like to have known at least one other person to establish why someone here speaks Shyriiwook.
May 2, 2015 10:49 pm
I have an option: I backed backstory cards on Kickstarter.

The idea is, it'll give inspiration for how we know each other and our involvement in various events. We basically come up with a list of: 3 groups/organizations, 3 noteworthy individuals, 3 places, and 3 events as our "grid". Then our cards say things like:
Quote:
You had an ulterior motive at event, and pc found out. What did you offer to keep them quiet? Did they agree to your terms?
Quote:
You sparked a conflict between individual 1 and individual 2, and it’s still not resolved. How do others see you for your involvement?
Are you guys interested? If so, I can randomly pick 2-3 cards per PC (so long at it's not all solo cards, so at least 1 tie w/another PC) and we can work relationships into our backstories.
May 2, 2015 10:54 pm
I'm willing to give it a go. Though I reserve the right to say "nah".
May 2, 2015 11:04 pm
Quote:
Though I reserve the right to say "nah".
Of course. I'd just pick another card to replace each you turn down.

Card tags:
Quote:
Adversarial: PCs have a history that pits them against each other.
Anywhere: Prompt doesn’t directly involve a setting element. Incorporate one that fits, if you can.
Co-Op: PCs have a history that shows off how amazing or competent they are.
Drama: There’s dramatic history or complex tension between PCs.
Everyone: After drawing the prompt, every player answers it in turn. The player who drew this then goes again.
Everyone–Together: is as an Everyone prompt, but the players come up with a single answer together.
Open: Player chooses the elements for this prompt themselves, and can’t say "no one."
Solo: Prompt doesn’t directly tie to another PC.
If you want, vote one or two out.

Let me know if everyone else is interested.
Last edited May 2, 2015 11:05 pm
May 3, 2015 12:22 am
I'm not a huge fan of adversarial but I can see how my naturalist guy and bearkat's techy might have differing view points on some things.
May 3, 2015 3:44 am
I mean, I dont think that would be an adversarial role. More like a role of differentiating views on the universe.
May 3, 2015 4:11 am
If you wanted to solve the womp rat problem in the temple by poisoning them all or with deadly traps it might be adversarial.
May 3, 2015 1:19 pm
RustInPieces says:
I have an option: I backed backstory cards on Kickstarter.

The idea is, it'll give inspiration for how we know each other and our involvement in various events. We basically come up with a list of: 3 groups/organizations, 3 noteworthy individuals, 3 places, and 3 events as our "grid". Then our cards say things like:
Quote:
You had an ulterior motive at event, and pc found out. What did you offer to keep them quiet? Did they agree to your terms?
Quote:
You sparked a conflict between individual 1 and individual 2, and it’s still not resolved. How do others see you for your involvement?
Are you guys interested? If so, I can randomly pick 2-3 cards per PC (so long at it's not all solo cards, so at least 1 tie w/another PC) and we can work relationships into our backstories.
I backed that, too…and totally forgot about it! The PDF is collecting dust while I wait for the physical cards to ship out to me. Great idea!
May 5, 2015 6:11 pm
Alright, once I get a character submitted from Chigg and Eldrich, we can get started.
May 5, 2015 7:40 pm
I'm trying, but man is this frustrating. I have to enter each skill, save, then edit to add another. Same with talents.
May 6, 2015 10:20 pm
I'll get mine posted this evening.

Aaaaaand done.
Last edited May 8, 2015 10:58 am
May 9, 2015 12:05 am
Candi, do you have any ideas for your character yet?
May 9, 2015 12:31 pm
I'm getting the book on Sunday so my decisions so far are based on reviews of the book.

I'd like to create more diversity so I'm thinking of doing something that no one else has yet (either race or career). So I'm thinking Mystic and either Makashi Duelist or Seer (just based on names and vague descriptions in reviews) and based on images of the species (I've seen most of the clone wars cartoon so that helpfully gave me a sense of most of them) I like the look of Mirialan (mostly because I found this picture). Hopefully those two things go together.
May 9, 2015 12:34 pm
Also, I should say, you guys were ready to start before I barged on in so feel free to start. By the end of day today I'll probably have a character and backstory thought out, and by mid this week I'll have the crunch done (hopefully... depends on some unknown variables coming up on Monday). So, by tonight I could contribute to the game as long as I don't do something that requires dice rolling, and by mid-week I should be fully locked and loaded.

In the worst case, my character will have been 'slow' and barely gets out of the caves in time, and 'turns up' at whatever moment I finish the character (wherever the other characters are, and the onus is on me to explain what happened to me in that time and how I caught up to them).
May 9, 2015 12:35 pm
I'd feel rude if we started before everybody was ready.
May 9, 2015 12:50 pm
Then help speed me up! Any advice on the propose Mirialan Mystic (and further advice on Seer vs Makashi Duelist?).
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.