Character Creation

load previous
May 1, 2015 6:22 pm
Woohoo money! I'm rich!
May 1, 2015 11:06 pm
So, if I buy a lightsaber hilt can I start with a lightsaber, or at least build it early? Or would hilts be provided?

I'm about 50% through building my character.
May 1, 2015 11:25 pm
RustInPieces says:
If EldritchFire still wants to play a good cop Face role, I'll take the bad cop bruiser. Probably start as Trandoshan Shii-Cho Knight, then take Aggressor down the line. Otherwise I do have an idea for a Face too. (My problem isn't coming up with characters, it's picking and sticking with one.)
Wow, this thread exploded while I was off watching Age of Ultron! But I'm not so sure about being a primary face. I'll have to review the classes and get back to everyone tomorrow. I'm still drowsy from the late night, but want y'all to know that I'm here and keeping up with the thread!
May 1, 2015 11:58 pm
Rust, you all will get a chance early on to try building your lightsabers.
May 2, 2015 12:33 am
So...should we take the lightsaber skill?
May 2, 2015 12:37 am
Ok well I have bought the gear and all. Are we specifically limited by color on the crystal?
May 2, 2015 12:42 am
Because it's just a basic Ilum crystal, I don't see any color limitations. So I think it can be anything you desire.
May 2, 2015 12:44 am
Lightsaber is strangely not a class skill for Sentinel/Artisan.
May 2, 2015 12:52 am
Yeah, lightsaber is a class skill for specializations based on saber forms only. I will be taking one of those specializations to start, then getting another one later. I figure we might need some raw fighting skills early in our game.
May 2, 2015 12:53 am
Rust, yes any color you like. I believe in the new cannon, the crystal gets its color when the jedi activates it with the force so it matches them. Also you can pick whatever hilt type you'd like.

Bear, each career gets one Specialization that focuses on lightsaber combat. Those are the way you get lightsaber as a career skill and also they'll give you a talent that will change what characteristic you use for lightsaber skill.
May 2, 2015 1:06 am
Ah ok well, from being human I get 2 skills that are non-career skills with 1 rank each in them and I just used that.
Last edited May 2, 2015 1:15 am
May 2, 2015 2:07 pm
bearkat says:
Rust, yeah it is the mechanic specialization. Was shooting for a techie thats has a natural affinity with machines. I am still deciding what force sensitive class I am going to use. I was working with the Emergent out of the AoR book, but I just aquired the Force and Destiny PDf so I am going to read into that when I am at work today.
If you're going off of the FaD PDF, I'd highly recommend that you read up and become familiar with all the errata made to it.

As for my character, I'm thinking of doing a "white mage" type. I'll be the team medic with the Heal/Harm power. Start off as a Guardian/Protector and grab Consular/Healer when I can.
Last edited May 2, 2015 2:31 pm
May 2, 2015 3:48 pm
Ok guys, what do you think is more necessary on the team? We have a Pathfinder force over fight character by Chigg, a techie (what spec?) by Bearkat, and a "white mage" protector/healer by EldritchFire. Which of these roles do you guys think is more essential: a strong face character who can charm/negotiate tough situations (Consular/Niman Disciple); or a warrior/bruiser capable of taking a beating and handling multiple opponents (Warrior/Shii-Cho Knight)?

I have concepts for either, but I want to know what you think is more important to the team. If it helps, I'm nearly finished building the bruiser character. Just need to settle on talents/force/gear then he's done. I was just trying to decide whether or not to start with the Enhance power, or the Toughened/Parry*2 talents. I haven't started the face character, but was thinking of a Twi'lek Niman Disciple; that'd handle Negotiation/Leadership/Charm skills but also provide a combat-capable face character.
Last edited May 2, 2015 3:51 pm
May 2, 2015 4:07 pm
Rust, it looks like we're building a D&D group: Chigg is the druid, I'm the cleric, and Bearkat is the artificer. We could use a rogue or fighter :p

I'm also wondering what group resource we want to take. If we have a starship, someone might want to pick up some piloting skills. Just sayin'
May 2, 2015 4:08 pm
Starship. Jedi don't take the bus, man. Also, holocrons are booooooooooooring and Mentors are likely dead.
May 2, 2015 4:23 pm
Well, the only specs that I see with piloting skills as career are Seeker and Warrior/Starfighter Ace. The only one with Astrogation as a career skill is Warrior/Starfighter Ace.

So maybe I should take the fighter then, and start with Shii-Cho Knight and buy Starfighter Ace ASAP. Then I could dump 10 XP to train Piloting (Space) and Astrogation for a total of 30 XP (spec + skills). Otherwise, piloting is up to you Chigg. :D

Edit: Now that I think about it, if I take human I can get a rank in each of those skills for free to start. Then if we need it later, I can buy the other spec. Choices, choices...

(Oh, and I'm going to work a bus into my characters history just for that remark. :P )
Last edited May 2, 2015 4:24 pm
May 2, 2015 4:36 pm
I think I'll take fighter then. But that does leave the pilot slot mostly uncovered for a bit, till I could buy the Warrior/Fighter Ace specialization. If I rebuild my character as a Sentinal/Ataru Striker I can have the trees compliment nicely. Unless you were planning on being pilot, Chigg?
May 2, 2015 4:39 pm
RustInPieces says:
I think I'll take fighter then. But that does leave the pilot slot mostly uncovered for a bit, till I could buy the Warrior/Fighter Ace specialization. If I rebuild my character as a Sentinal/Ataru Striker I can have the trees compliment nicely. Unless you were planning on being pilot, Chigg?
Looking at everything, I'm going to do a Duros from AoR. They get a free rank in Piloting(Space) and generate one free advantage on all Astrogation checks. So I'll have basic piloting stuff covered until one of us dips into the ace pilot spec.
May 2, 2015 4:40 pm
I took Piloting (Space), yes. I only got the one rank in it so don't expect anything super fancy or anything.
May 2, 2015 5:02 pm
Ok, well, the two of you hash out who gets to be the pilot. :P I'm going to go finish my brawl-based bruiser now.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.