Octagon - Another Purpose - Game Thread.

load previous
Nov 13, 2015 1:50 pm
The Doorkeper turned his gaze towards Nyom and replied:
"Your understanding is not correct - If anyone from your resettlement will find the place to which his heart and soul belongs, in order to pledge for Settlement majority will be required, whatever target entity is, and you are not majority anyways, but the thing is that four of your resettlement can't find better place than the one, to which they are being guided by hands of Daar La, so, probably you will need to adapt to the best of your friends" - and he made slight head movement towards Ronna.

He added, addressing eveyone "Enter the Door please. Ones who didn't recieved guide can ask for it from The Door... Unless you want to "drink" from Cannons of Acceptance."

If your character asked the questions, it's better to enter the Door, if your character does not want to anger the gunners.
If your character did recieved proper guidance yet, he can ask standing within "The Door" .
New Turn, Everyones action required, Ronna and OOLIN can move to The Door and ask in same turn
Nov 13, 2015 2:01 pm
Zinobia moved towards the Door , and asked the Doorkeeper :
"Where and how I can find my son?"

The Doorkeeper answered :
"There are many options, but none of them is easy one, Daar La touched your soul, perhaps talking to his Keepers will be wise thing to do? "
Nov 13, 2015 3:20 pm
Mandoric looks at the gunners, and then - with resignation on his face - moves through the Door. He mutters a proverb from Lhauric, just loud enough for his companions to hear, "Better a live pauper than a dead priest."
Nov 14, 2015 3:16 am
OOLIN has not asked a question, and she remains silent. She steps up to the doorway but waits for T'Jekyll before going through.
Nov 14, 2015 9:35 am
"That T'Jekyll person is right", Ronna says to Nyom through the mental link. "There is only way out and that's forward. Come, I want to get out of here."

Ronna does not say anything. She does not look at anyone. She stares ahead with vacant expression in her eyes and walks through the doorway.
Nov 14, 2015 3:03 pm
I will need moves of T'Jekyll and Nyom to complete the turn to ensure anyone enters the gate and do not anger the gunners
Nov 14, 2015 4:28 pm
T'Jekyll steps up to the portal with everyone else, takes a breath, and steps through.
Nov 14, 2015 5:11 pm
Agreeing with Ronna, Nyom will follow her closely through the doorway, not saying a thing.
Nov 14, 2015 9:10 pm
As Nyom entered the pavillion, white light blinded our party members for few seconds.

At next moment they were in completely different, new place.

http://i.imgur.com/4zBJML3.jpg

SOUNDTRACK : HERE

Party members were standing on top of the small pyramid. The top of the pyramid was flat and around 3 metres in diameter. The pyramid itself was about 2 metres high, and had stairs at the side, which was facing long, endless gray wall.
The huge stone wall was covered by moss and random vegetation, which adapted to grow on completely vertical, but un-even surface. It was very tall - around 100 metres high , but not as hight as enormous black wall to the left side of the party which was cutting the gray wall there. That, seemingly, was the same black wall which devided octants. The stone wall was ending at party's left side in about 300-400 metres at the black octant wall, and to other side - party's right side - it was stretching towards the horizon, and was seemingly endless.

Starting from the black wall, and running towards the horison, gray stone wall had numerous stone triangle-shaped balconies, which were placed at hight of about 30-50m . From here our party noticed human figures there - those were white-clad Dogmats. Those balconies were full of cannons and other different numenera and devices, and probably were some kind of watching posts, from which they were observing wide flat area to which the party arrived.

This area, on which the pyramid was situated, was wide and flat. Starting from the black wall, it was running towards the horizon at party's right following the gray wall it's edge was drawing zigzag line on the background of quite dark forest, which was filling everything beyond area's edge. At it widest point the area was around 130m, and at its narrowest - around 70m.
It was on the same level as tree tops, but since the trees looked like really enormous ones, it was apparent that the area is situated around at hight of at least 20-30 metres above the ground - above the forest, ending it.

It was cold rainy weather, quite strong and cold rain suddenly washed their faces, and the temperature was lower than the foggy landscape of the Gateholds. The visibility was much better than at Gateholds, but still not as good because of heavy rain and the evaporation coming from the wall.

At their level - at edge of the flat zig-zag area - in the wall party noticed numerous triangle-shaped arcs, and people inside. All those arcs were emitting evaporation and warm dim light.

Then they noticed few people standing not far from them, and not far from the stairs of the pyramid. It were simple people, wearing quite simply and dirty clothes, which were wathing the newcomers with utter curiosity. Right near the stairs was group of people, which looked like beggars. They were dirty, one of them had one arm, they were old, and most of them revealed almost toothless mouths when they started to smile, excited by the "show" of newcomer arrival. As Zinobia made his first step towards the stairs, they all rushed towards the stairs, stretching their arms and mumbling something. "Food, food, you have food" - they mumbled, as some young woman rushed towards those people and pulled them all aside, and said : "Stop, leave the settlers alone, before Dogmats will feed you and the settlers with their Acceptance".
Nov 14, 2015 9:11 pm
She turned towards the party. She was young, pretty, but her face was dirty, and she worn quite simplistic dirty and completely wet robes. She.... she was noticeably different from what the party saw before, as some people behind her, which were, seemingly, just curious spectators. She and those people were... normal. She was much more like people the party used to see - people of Steadfast. More like them. No one had visible weapons, and everyone were wearing dirty and very simple, wet clothes.

She smiled, raised her head to adress the party, and said : "Lucky day indeed! Settlers! Six settlers. Well armed settlers." .. then she stopped, smiled again and said :
"I am Horoika. Please, if you could spare some extra food to those old dwellers that will be very kind of you, and excuse their rude behaviour. You are lucky that Dogmats did not fed you with their "Acceptance". As you are settlers and probably have many questions, I can offer something you will be really glad to have - a warm place to rest, and some explanations. I can help you with that for free, well.... for one small thing - that you will listen my single offer to you. Perhaps we can help each other. I will help you first, and then all I ask is to listen my proposal. You are not obliged to agree on it..... but I almost certain that you will gladly accept it. I hope so....
So..... If it's ok with you, please .... come with me. Settlers are rare at those times, especially six, and so well armed. Really, you have nothing to fear - anyone here do not have even weapon. Only harmless, weak, and poorly fed dwellers reside in the "Edge", watched by the Dogmats from above. Some get their food from working for white crap, and some..... are poorly fed.

Free mode, M0T2 - up to 2 repliques by character, i will skip if i will get enought stuff to advance the action and alot of time passes. tho I advise to everyone to make their moves, but if majority accepts Horoika offer party will move with her.
Nov 14, 2015 10:23 pm
Ronna moves nervously, stepping back from everything and everyone approaching the group. Her arms are drawn close to her body and her eyes dart around without settling on anything.

She does not say anything, but Nyom can sense a flash of anger through the mental link - probably an overspill, rather than something that was intended for her.
Nov 14, 2015 10:32 pm
Sorry forgot completely something important:

Each character within the party gets 1 XP point. New places. New Experience.
Nov 15, 2015 3:23 am
Mandoric smiles grimly at his companions and mutters, "Live paupers indeed..." He then turns to Horoika, smiling more warmly and raising his hands in friendly greeting.

"Thank you for your welcome, Horoika, and for your offer of shelter from this weather. Now let me see if I have something for these wretched elders..."

Mandoric loosens his backpack and checks his provisions.
Nov 16, 2015 5:18 am
I will need T'Jekylls, OOLINs and Nyoms post in order to determine if party agrees to follow Horoika or not.
Nov 16, 2015 6:42 am
T'Jekyll is annoyed at the rain, on top of everything else. He feels exposed out here, in the firing arc of the "Cannons of Acceptance." And wet. Very, very wet. He glares at the wall, half-seen through the sheets of water, at the moment in no mood to provide charity, and growls at Horoika: "That, up there -" - pointing to the giant wall - "...that's the White?"

He looks around at the 'ledge' they are on, and at the wretched people he sees here. "...and this...this is the White's Edge."
Last edited November 16, 2015 6:44 am
Nov 16, 2015 6:54 am
Horoika nods and answers : "Completely correct. This is wretched White's Edge, and that -above us is The White. So, dear Sirs and Ladies - you going to take here showers, or will go to warm and cozy place with me?
Nov 16, 2015 7:56 am
"Let's just get away from that creepy place we just left. Let's go with Horoika." OOLIN whispers.
Nov 16, 2015 8:01 am
Hearing OOLIN, T'Jekyll shakes himself, nods at her, and with an effort tears his eyes away from the cannon emplacements high above them. He manages to smile at Horoika as best he can, eyes blinking to keep the rivulets of rain out of them. "Miss - Horoika - lead the way. Warm and dry sounds good about now."
Nov 16, 2015 11:37 am
Mandoric digs out the last of his travelling rations and gives them to the paupers with a beneficient smile, making sure not to lose anything more valuable in the process. He considers giving the last of the seskii's foul-smelling sausage to them, but thinks better of it. The seskii, sensing the danger of the situation, stays alert, giving only a cursory hungry look to the sausage in the backpack.

"Horoika - I have one question, if I may. You mentioned your happiness that we are well armed. Apart from the Whites, what physical dangers are there in this place and how do you defend yourselves?"
Last edited November 16, 2015 11:45 am
Nov 16, 2015 12:23 pm
Attitude change : Horoika >> Mandoric ++ to Sympathy

Here, in the Edge - only and mainly the Whites. We are not on the northern frontline, and this part of Edge rarely being attacked. Except the danger of the Dogmats other dangers lay beyond the Edge, but I am unsure which one is more dangerous for You - the Dogmats or ...
Anyways, my hapinnes is related to my offer to you. If you will lose time here you risk to become wretched weaponless dwellers like all the people here. And I want to propose something that will prevent that. I will explain everything in bit more warmer place, if you please.... Your main danger for now are Dogmats
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.