Octagon - Another Purpose - Game Thread.

load previous
Nov 16, 2015 8:29 pm
Zinobia spitted on the wet floor, and said with tired voice :
"Damn all this, those whites, this rain, this place..... Whatever, lead your way, Horoika..."

And he started to descend from the pyramid.

I need at least more one confirmation, preferably more than one to order to follow Horoika.
Nyom or Mandorics post/confirmation (or deny) needed to follow her with the party..
Nov 16, 2015 8:31 pm
Nyom will say nothing unless directly asked.
Nov 16, 2015 8:35 pm
I do not limit other characters posts at this turn (even the ones who posted) - you can post again (OOLIN, Ronna, T'Jekyll, Mandoric).
The party need to deicide what to do.
In order to move with Horoika i assume majority needed (4/6), and for now 3 of the party accepted to follow Horoika, so unless Ronna or Mandoric agrees on following her as well party will need to have inner conversation and deicide, and perhaps this inner conversation will be required to advance the game.

Generally, as we play team game, It will be great that the party will have some inner dialogue analyzing future options. (if it fits character's RP, of course)
Nov 16, 2015 8:41 pm
Horoika turned towards two ladies and sir with seskii , which did not started to descend from the pyramid, and said:

"It is not so good for you health to stand there under this chilling rain. It's warm under the wall, and, trust me please, it's much safer there than here"
- she smiled, pointing towards the arcs in the wall.

Rolls

Charisma (+effort) - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Nov 17, 2015 8:43 am
T'Jekyll thinks he recognizes something similar in the pair Nyom and Ronna; he goes over and speaks to them. "Listen, I hate this situation and I really don't want to be here. But what do you say about hating the situation over there, out of the rain?" He squints back at the balconies on the wall. "...and away from those cannons...I'd feel a lot better dry, and out of view of all those prying eyes. Then we can figure out what to do next. She's got a place for us. Will you come?"
Nov 17, 2015 8:51 am
"Why do you trust them?" Ronna asks, her voice barely stronger than whisper - although not out of politeness, it seems. "Why do you assume that dry would mean safe?"
Nov 17, 2015 11:06 am
Horoika enters the conversation politely : " Excuse me, just look at those people. Anyone living here - harmless. And that's the reason why they are alive. Ones who are not harmless are killed or else by the Dogmats, or left this wretched, damned place. I am your only ally here, and my offer is about leaving this place. You do not seem to be harmless, and that is very good for what I am going to propose to you. I have information, knowledge of this place, and can hold myself in combat without weapons. I also offering warm place to you. You are many, armed, and that makes some idea of mine quite possible. Please... Come" - and she smiled, seemingly unaffected by Nyom and Ronna's suspicious attitude.
Nov 17, 2015 2:16 pm
Mandoric echoes the warmth he is sensing from Horoika, "Thank you for your frankness, Horoika. Then let us get out of the rain and away from the Whites' cannons."
Nov 17, 2015 5:23 pm
T'Jekyll whispers to Ronna and Nyom.
spaceseeker19 sent a note to Gargoyle,szemely
Then T'Jekyll turns and puts his hand on OOLIN's shoulder. "Are you OK to go?"
Last edited November 17, 2015 5:27 pm
Nov 17, 2015 5:52 pm
OOLIN nods wordlessly. With all this strangeness going on she is just grateful for T'Jekyll's comforting presence.
Nov 17, 2015 8:14 pm
Because 4 of 6 party members accepted Horoika's offer i assume that party moves together, and Ronna and Nyom did not stayed alone, without the party, under the cold rain and guns turned on them.

Horoika cheerfully nodded, and pointed to one of the arcs in the wall, it was not the closest , but it was not far from the pyramid.

The party moved, leaving beggars under the rain, eating the food, which been kindly presented by Mandoric. They were really hungry, they were eating with passion, sometimes eyeing the party and Mandoric with gratitude and sorrow in their eyes. Aside from the loud sound of food consumption they were silent.
Sometimes they also gazed towards the balconies at the wall. Their gazes were full of fear, and all the picture... was grim and unsettling.

The rain became even heavier, and they left the beggars and urchins standing near the pyramid, enjoying bits of food provided by Mandoric.

Once the party entered the arc, all the party felt wave of warmth. Much warmer air enveloped them. It was city. City within the wall. City with endless ceiling, at top of which was enother city with bridges and corridors. And, there, at upper passages and balconies party recognized the shapes of Dogmat cannons.

The passage was wide, it was some kind of central street. With walls which had windows and doors, and more passages with cellars. People around were really poor, majority were greasy and poorly fed. They were following the party with gazes full of curioisty mixed with fear. The people they met at the street tried to move from Horoika's way, giving the passage to the armed company which entered streets of their "city".

After few turns the party, led by Horoika, approached the door of one of the buildings. She took something from her hood's pocket, which was resembling stone with circuits, and the door opened.
Nov 17, 2015 8:16 pm
Horoika smiled and said : "Please come in" .

It was cozy living area. All was made of wood and simple stone. The appartment had few more rooms inside. The lighting was dim, but it was really warm inside, and that gave pleasant sensation to the entering party members after the chilling rain showers.

"This is house belongs to my old friend. You come here with his approval. His sons left, and he is making food for himself now. Working for the Whites.
That room at right side have fabrics on the floor. Alot of fabrics. It is quite big too, enough for you six. It is well warmed. I will be sleeping with you in same room. I think it's better for you to rest and then we will talk - or if you think otherwise we could do it now, before you go to rest, but i would advise to have a rest first.

I will lock the door, and if you want I could give the keys to This kind man"
- she pointed towards Mandoric.
"For best of what I going to propose to you, I want you to trust me, and want to show that I trust you. I trust to your healthy sense. I trust to my very hope that you are not going to stay in this damned place and wait till you become nothing."

She locked the appartment door, opened the door of the "sleeping" room, stretched her arm towards Mandoric with keys in her hand, and said:
"So - i would prefer to talk with You after your rest, but if you want now, please comfort yourself, i have some things to explain to you, Settlers. You are new here, and I am not. I do know much more than you. I know what is better to do, and especially, I do know things that .... that are bad... from my own experience.
You are six. You are not looking like ones who in awe of this place. With me - we are seven. And you are armed, and i can hold myself too. It's only chance for me and for you to leave this place - now. Tomorrow. If we leave.... the problem is not the Dogmats... You are protected while you marked as Settlers. But once you are not they will feed you with their guns. You will be awful to yourself. You will be doing everything they command. Will tell everything you know. Will lose part of your self each time you exposed to their cannon's shell explosion. It is called Acceptance.... People forget own selves here. They become fanatics like them, brain-washed, Octani-fed slaves of their Daar, or live poor lives of those wretched beggars. You have ability to leave this place now, with weapons. I do not want to miss my chance and I am willing to help - to You and to my own self. It is very simple.
I saw different things here and around. I tried to be ... tried to adapt. It is a long talk. Better sleep well, and we will talk at the morning. Right?
" - she ended her emotional explanation.

New turn. Free conversation mode. Party can talk with Horoika now or to rest first.
It seems to be quite safe. Party can rest/ roll rest trolls and have long sleep. Horoika will continue her conversation after that , perhaps.
Nov 18, 2015 1:34 am
Mandoric accepts the keys from Horoika with a paternalistic smile, ,"Thank you, my dear." Although he does not trust Horoika as much as she apears to trust him, her trust seems profitable for him and his companions, so he is satisfied. He is also glad that the investment of giving food to the paupers is already paying dividends.

Mentally exhausted as he is, he can barely take in all the new information Horoika shares, let alone think straight enough to ask any more questions. So he gratefully stretches himself out on the rugs to sleep.

As he rests, any who care to observe would notice that his visible scars start to pulse with increased vigour, and occasionally the merchant's monacle glows blue. Perhaps in the dark caves under Lhauric the Challifani are restless.

Rolls

Recovery Roll - hour (Intellect) - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Recovery Roll - 10 hours, Intellect - (1d6+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Nov 19, 2015 8:59 pm
Waiting for everyones post except Mandoric
Nov 19, 2015 9:16 pm
OOLIN sleeps.

Rolls

1st Recovery roll - (1d6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

2nd Recovery roll - (1d6+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Nov 19, 2015 10:34 pm
"I think it would be best to rest in shifts." Nyom says to Ronna telepathically "One of the two of us should always be alert until we're out of this place."
Nov 20, 2015 12:14 am
T'Jekyll rests, grateful to be out of the rain, and takes off his wet clothes to dry more quickly. His attitude, after years of living on the edge, is to grab sleep and food when he can, so he inspects the quarters and then lays down for a catnap, confident that he is capable of waking at a moment's notice if necessary.

(OoC: still getting used to the system mechanics, so correct me if I do the recovery rolls incorrectly.)
Last edited November 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Rolls

Recovery for rest action (1d6+tier) - (1d6+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Recovery for 1 hour rest (1d6+tier) - (1d6+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Nov 20, 2015 1:59 pm
Zinobia removes his wet hood and lays himself on the rug.

"Still expecting Ronna's action.

Rolls

Rest 10 h - (1d6+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Nov 20, 2015 2:36 pm
"She calls us competent, armed, able to take care of ourselves. She clearly has not seen me before", Ronna whispers through the mental link to Nyom. "I don't need to sleep yet. I can't sleep yet. You can rest now."

Ronna sits into a corner, leaning her back against the wall. Watching everything, not speaking, wrapped into herself.
Nov 20, 2015 4:47 pm
Horoika dropped the hood she worn, and moved towards the corner of the room with rugs. She was barely dressed under it - more intimate parts of her body were wrapped in elastic stripes made of old elastic fabric. She had thin, slim body with prominent bones, and she had numerous scars on her legs and hands.
She placed herself in the "embryo" position on the rugs and quickly entered deep slumber.

Nyom and Ronna had interference of their minds and were on guard so both of them were not able to have full, long time sleep and rest.

"Rest time. Ronna and Nyom stll can make anything and any rest roll except 10h reset rest roll. (Could add their actions now). Others were sleeping including Horoika.

10h passed. Nothing happened.
"
New turn, completely optional. Ronna and Nyom can add action for the 10h period. Two can not make 10h roll.
I will do update on Horoika's actions in 24h from this post. For now any actions are welcomed but are completely optional.

Everyone started to wake up.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.