Game's Discussion

load previous
Jun 15, 2015 4:38 am
Can one help Zinobia and do two recovery rolls? Or is the act of recovery considered a solitary action?
Jun 15, 2015 4:50 am
Yes, as long as two recovery rolls are not 1 hour ones.
I mean yes, if they are action and 10 minutes rolls.
If they are 10 minute + 1 hour rolls then no, all the break must be spent just for rolls.
Jun 20, 2015 6:04 pm
Just to say I love the description of this scene, complemented by the picture (complete with seskii) and atmospheric soundtrack!
Jun 20, 2015 7:58 pm
:) I am glad and happy that you like the game, the setting and the encounters. More to come, cheers. We kinda warming up :)
Jun 23, 2015 5:06 pm
BlackStork says:
The second, by the road (the real one, not refracted one) leads towards distant hills on the horizon, clear and straight pass with the road
The third is the one where the refracted corridor points. The only one which is visible without the membrane, which have road under it, if membrane is not used.
I'm sorry, but I don't really understand. Which roads can we see with and without the membrane? Are we to assume that only the road we can see with the membrane is really there, and the other one is an illusion? Or are both paths 2 and 3 safe enough ways through the spores?
Jun 23, 2015 8:30 pm
The real road is the corridor 2
But it appears under the 3rd one without the membrane, and Zinobia was walking the 3rd one before he stopped.
Without membrane only 3rd is visible. And the road appears under it, while with membrane the road is under 2nd, completely different corridor.
Jun 25, 2015 6:22 am
I'm not entirely clear what kind of an object these 'membranes' are. How big are they? Can they be stored easily somehow or do we have to carry them in our hands?
Jun 25, 2015 6:33 am
3-6 cm diamteter... it is similar to dandelion seed structure - like umbrella, while the bottom needle is very thin (almost invisible) and flexible and soft, and having rubber like properties

No you must hold it

And btw i forgot - Ronna got 1 damage to Speed from initial charge
Jun 29, 2015 4:13 am
Jax turn required for advance of the game for 3+ days, assuming that Schauer made posts in that period (since only his post required for turns end) in other threads and been online few times during those days i should request:
Please dear players - check if you have turns to commit, i am not very fond of idea of reminding the players about delayed turns that needed to be done at constant basis. In order to advance turns (minimum) one post from each player required. Pls help me to advance the game , and if possible shorten un-needed delays, so we could keep the pace and the game progress exciting. Thanks.
The posting frequency per day is 0.75 posts per day for each player, the current delay brings us to 0.3 posts day for last period, please try to avoid such slowdowns, especially if you are active and able to post on the forum.
Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
I have a suggestion - from a D&D 5e game which I'm playing on GP and is going at a much better pace.

How about you BlackStork commit to post at a certain time each day (convenient for you). We the players then have about 24 hours to post, knowing that you will post again at about the same time the next day and keep the story going.

If people don't post, their character just does the most neutral thing - moves along with the party, takes the Defend action in combat etc. But in any case the game moves on.

I have found this both a motivator to post on time in that other game, and I'm really enjoying the pace of that game.

Edit: One additional idea I've had (not tested in gameplay) is that players could give 'standing orders' for their characters, like "in combat I will attack the biggest threat" or "in combat I will provide support with numenera and cyphers", and then if players skip a turn the GM could follow these standing orders for them. There could be a Standing Orders thread for this, and players can modify them when they want. It could also work well for dealing with holidays/vacations.
Last edited June 30, 2015 3:51 am
Jun 30, 2015 5:01 am
Both ideas are great.

The first one will be implemented not for one day, but for two.
I am usually active from my phone so i can track messages of others. I can do posts twice per day - Morning and Evening GMT.
In case of long delays i will do "skips"

Leaving "Standing Orders" good idea. Players should mark with green text
Standing Orders: blablabla
In this thread or gameplay thread in case they know they wont be able to post in time.
Jun 30, 2015 5:31 am
BlackStork says:

The first one will be implemented not for one day, but for two.
Do you mean every 12 hours or every 48 hours? As we agreed to "5 posts per week", I guess every 24 hours during the week and then every 48 hours at the weekend would fit with our original agreement. To be honest every 12 hours would leave me out of the picture sometimes, as I can only guarantee being able to post in my evening (GMT + 6).
Jun 30, 2015 7:58 am
48 h
thats the maximum waiting time in the future - after it passed i will skip turn
Jul 1, 2015 6:26 pm
Quote:

Gesture that suggests to the party to move away - he waved his hands in direction opposite to the party's approach.
Gesture where the man waves with his hands to the north-west direction, towards larger hills on the horizon, and
gesture which suggests to party to move in that direction.
Is he gesturing to back up and for us to change direction and go northwest? Or did we come from the southeast and the northwest is just the direction opposite to the party's approach?

Did the compass lead us here or did we come here only because of the corridors?

Is this bunker the same as I saw in my vision or are their significant details that are different or would that be an intellect roll?
Jul 1, 2015 6:41 pm
1. Yes, he is certainly attempting redirect your movement from the object towards northwest, the party came from southeast, the building (the corridor) was in west direction from the place where party "changed corridors". Seems he is just hinting to the party to move in its intended destination and to turn back and to leave the place with the building through the corridor.
2. Both "misguiding" corridor and real corridor ( which been seen through membrane) were towards the northwest hills , illusionary pointed bit more towards north.
3. Compas led Zinobia here, he also used his common sence and own navigation knowledge before party reached Traavix fields.
4. The bunker is exactly same, as far as Lucas remebers it. There not much details, further analysis will certainly require Int roll (knowledge / noticing small details.)
Jul 2, 2015 6:06 am
I don't have my sourcebooks with me - would anyone be able to copy-paste how Erase Memory nano esotery works?
Jul 2, 2015 6:33 am
Btw if you go to Ronna character sheet all notes are there, i've placed them before long time. Go to Ronna CC, click notes of particular skill or cypher, and you will see the quote from the book
Quote:
3 Intellect points: make Int roll, remove up to five minutes of memories.
Jul 2, 2015 5:45 pm
Um, doesn't Mandoric get a major effect for rolling a natural 20 for initiative? :-)
Jul 2, 2015 5:55 pm
Oh sorry yes !!! %) i messed things abit, now corrected. Mandoric gets 2 actions, not Lucas!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.