Game's Discussion

May 24, 2015 10:27 pm
Thread for game's discussion.

Also:
Please try to update your character sheets yourselves, because it could be too much for GM to maintain all the recods. I will be checking from time to time, but do not forget to update efforts/damage every change on your sheet yourself. Cheers :)
May 25, 2015 1:56 am
Is this the place to ask rules questions? I obviously want to keep those out of the game thread for the sake of immersion.
May 25, 2015 4:36 am
Sure. This is the place, of course :)
May 25, 2015 4:59 am
Great. I actually answered the rules question I had by myself (read the proverbial manual!). But I have a question about one aspect of playing by post.

As I have discovered, it is possible to edit posts after making die rolls, and the die rolls stay the same. So is it ok to give some general idea of intention, and then roll the dice, and then based on the result point towards the likely outcome. Of course the precise outcome will be up to you the GM, but the roll might give some idea of how adept the attempt was.

I think Gargoyle did this in his post of May 25, 2015 9:57 am, and it made sense and made for a good narration:
Gargoyle says:
Ronna is glancing around and clambering around the rocks awkwardly - she is very much out of her comfort zone.

The thought of broken hounds makes her fidget with her dart launcher constantly and she keeps looking around for this or that high rock or other hiding place she could go for if attacked. This nervousness keeps slowing her down, as she is watching around herself half as much as in front of her.
So in my first post I could have added after my terrible roll of 1 something about my words sounding hollow even to my own ears, which would have segued in to your description of his anger.
May 25, 2015 5:03 am
Yeah, it's exactly so as you said. You can add more details and flavour after you rolled the dice. :)
May 25, 2015 3:25 pm
Considering his travels and his interest in beasts, is there any chance Mandoric knows what any one of "Avatrols, Baliknas, Ergovores, Chirogs and even Ferno Walkers. " sound like? I'm thinking about a creative use of my voice altering pill cypher.
May 25, 2015 4:15 pm
Perhaps... he could know and could roll. We could roll 2 rolls. One for knowledge (diff level is creature level) (cant use skill modifier since this is actual roll for particular knowledge within that skill) - also a permanent roll (if yes we will add it to skill notes), and one for imitation of the voice (same here) + any modifiers from skills.. Animals are normally sensetive to frequences, and persive not only the sound but tembre, nuances and frequency
May 25, 2015 4:20 pm
Ok that makes a lot of sense. I'll include those rolls then should the opportunity arise. Good point about beasts not only going on sound. If only I had a smell pill ;-)
May 25, 2015 5:54 pm
Sorry this only seems to be me asking questions here, but understanding how the Cypher system works was one of my reasons for joining the game. It's about my seskii - as I understand it, he is a level 2 beast so basically it is suicide to put him up against anything tougher? In related news, would Mandoric or the seskii always be able to sense when the opponent is tougher?
May 25, 2015 10:18 pm
At this moment, how far is Nyom from Jax?
May 25, 2015 10:35 pm
Corrected the number btw, it is 60 feet, 18 meters 3 meters more than short range (short range is 4-15 m)
May 26, 2015 2:34 pm
So I'm still trying to work out how to use my seskii companion in combat. One of the reasons I didn't take the Onslaught esotery (which I'm regretting right now...) is that I thought my seskii could do some fighting. Then I read the stuff about NPC on NPC fighting, where it says that the highest level creature just wins ("A Closer Look at Situations Which Don't Involve PCs", p 98), which was the reason I wrote the post above.

Now I've gone back to the "Controls Beasts" description in the Core Rulebook (p 56), and there it says:
Quote:
You and the GM must work out the details of your creature, and you’ll probably make rolls for it in combat or when it takes actions. The beast companion acts on your turn.
So GM :-) Can the seskii attack, and I roll for it? This would mean I could actually use it here, at least against individual broken hounds. Of course it only has 6 health, so I might call it back after it is wounded, but still better than a sausage! :-)
May 26, 2015 4:47 pm
First of all I will need to check all with rulebooks myself. As GM I think we will roll definitely, but we'll consider Seskii level during rolls, your companion is not simple NPC and extension of your PC. I'll dig and think and we will rule it now in detailed form. For now you need separate rolls for Seskii, but mind I could require rolls from Seskii as well, at same way I do require them from players. And rolls will be modified according logic.

For now attack calculation is difficulty mod = Seskii level - target creature level, and in case of broken hounds there no special creature level diff mod since hounds lvl 2 as well.
May 27, 2015 11:46 am
In one Youtube actual play I saw of Numenera, the player simply rolled for their pet's attacks and the damage dealt was determined by the pet's level.
May 27, 2015 11:57 am
I'm happy to go with BlackStork's decision, but just a thought - wouldn't doing (Seskii level - target creature level) mean that the difficulty is basically doubled? For example the target number for a level 3 creature would be 9 AND the seskii gets a one-level shift down, basically making the target number 12. For a level 4 creature (TN 12), the effective target number would be 18! Is that your intention, BlackStork?
May 27, 2015 12:17 pm
No. I also checked it and it does not makes sense. Its too hard. But you will have extra 2 points of damage which also can roll 17-20. I will reduce damage bonuses (but not special effects).
The Seskii will remain lvl 2 creature forever in terms of HP and damage. You could craft or buy armour for it though.
In term of rolls you will just normally roll for your Seskii. This include all group rolls done by party members including negative ones . And positive ones too.
May 27, 2015 6:20 pm
OK great, that makes sense.

I'm looking forward to the next move, but it's my late night now, so it looks like I'll be last to declare in the next round. Most activity seems to happen in this game at my 3am!
May 27, 2015 8:44 pm
So, being as I'm new to PbP, how long is it considered appropriate to wait between posts? I have a job that allows me so much freedom and a personal life that has rare obligations so I am frequently checking throughout the day for updates and such. I may try to join another game just to keep myself from going to crazy on this one. In which case . . . how do I join a new game?
May 27, 2015 8:55 pm
You can create one as GM or wait for one to open.

It depends on players free time, but we are going at nice pace in this game. The only delays we have are exist because of timezone differencies between players. From 4 games i participating in (2 as GM and 2 as player) this is the fastest one if we talking about advance speed.
The players are active and its great.
If it's not enough - just make your game? :D. Also from all resources this is most Numenera-PbP-centric. There alot of Numenera games going right now.
May 27, 2015 9:08 pm
Yeah, I eventually found the active games list by pouring over the new game forum. For some reason, there's not a way I can get there from the games tab. Either way, I'll pepper it with requests to play. I thought about running a game but I already run 4 live DnD 5e games and like being a player when I can be.
May 28, 2015 1:38 am
I'd recommend going to http://gamersplane.com/forums/10/ and seeing what buzx there is around new games.
May 28, 2015 2:04 pm

Details from Zinobia explanation on liquid's effects:

Regular Failure:
4 Speed damage
- 1 speed edge, up to 0 (can not be negative) for one hour
+1 difficulty on speed tasks for one hour (stacking, per failure)

Nat 1 Fumble (Full Dive)
- 1 Damage track/3 rounds in liquid, could recover fast though
6 speed damage
-1 edge, can do negative edge that will require speed spent even on trivial speed tasks for one hour/2 rounds in liquid
+2 to speed rolls dificulty
May 28, 2015 2:21 pm
Btw i feel that you bit wonder why the encounter is challenging, but that how this game made to be, its very doable with some though and effort, and i hope that you like the game being actually challenging, demanding some creativity and weighting of decisions instead of being pure crawler where you can just blaze through story, level and finish it.

Believe me, it is easy puzzle encounter.
May 28, 2015 3:02 pm
Easiness is a matter of perspective. Personally I'm still having trouble picturing what exactly we are facing, so it's not easy to figure out how to get around it. That's what all my questions have been about - trying to understand.
May 28, 2015 3:11 pm
Maze.

Something like this but much bigger and more complex, where walls are surface stripes.
It have some parts of surface blocks disconnected so jumps required.

Small GM tip - your character tries to find solution in wrong way. There is very simple solution that exists.
May 28, 2015 3:58 pm
to Jax and Nyom players - i know that there new 2.5 of discussion pages from moment you saw the game thread last time, but the game in free discussion mode now, w/ o turns, till the party consolidates one collective decision on next action. Please start reading from page 4.
There alot of OOC talk too, and different experiements of other party members.
I simply wanted to not to freeze game by allowing some free discussion, but it became very active one with alot of experiements and stuff, so it grown into 3 pages. I wont do such thing at this scale, and will at least limit any free mode/do special threads for personal experiements.
The party trying to solve puzzle, or to deicide to go to battle some strong creatures or to go into mysterious flowers field which is expected to have some real dangers.
Cheers :)
May 28, 2015 10:01 pm
Well, I tried catching up, but at this point I think I'll just wait until an action is needed from me before speaking up. I can't post when I'm at work and generally am not home until at 5PM (UTC-5). If I'm going to be slowing things down I can bow out.
May 28, 2015 10:04 pm
szemely says:
Well, I tried catching up, but at this point I think I'll just wait until an action is needed from me before speaking up. I can't post when I'm at work and generally am not home until at 5PM (UTC-5). If I'm going to be slowing things down I can bow out.
Action is needed from you.
Now, actually, in the game thread, i mean you could at least tell what you think about next party action.
And please no, we want you in, i will just limit the pace next time. The game was set at much slower pace initially, and i really want to have all players participating in the game, without losing the interest.

All i may use is free mode rounds for such cases of discussions where player will need to do 1-3 posts or actions/mini actions, and which will end when all players are posted at least once.

And i really invest alot into story and setting, and i hope you getting glimpse of it, and experience it, because this is my main goal.
Some people love to read updates, some do not. You never know who you have in your player team before game actually gets going.
I hope that wont be too much to catch up, at least i sent already you some main aspects of what been there. You can skip it too if you cant ready it all - anyways i will limit such discussions by very large margin.

And yes, i also trying to provide joy, interest and challenge to other players. I will keep the golden balance between advancing and waiting for all players to cast their actions, allowing extra talk where it could be allowed, and will limit it .
May 29, 2015 3:21 am
Good assessment of the puzzle, harlandski. I think the breaking the walls thing may work and is worth a shot before continuing to the Avitrols. Also, I agree with your only posting once everyone else has posted since that was kinda what was in my head before. That should be about 1/day because of the time zone thing. I'm also UTC-5 but my schedule is much more open and keeps me up late. Even I woke up to a lot of posts but only added to the fire trying to get some thoughts in there. As such, I feel like this is the space that BlackStork would prefer us to use for such idle chatter to keep the in game immersion from getting clogged. We'll all be more vigiliant about that I'm sure. But for now, and before I get too carried away, let's see what our other three part members think before breaking walls or avitrols.
May 29, 2015 4:55 am
I made GM hint, because, well , Mandoric deserved it from different viewpoints.
It means what it means.
If after the spin he wont find the solution, the strong and sure party position on killing Avatrols might win.
And yeah, keeping occ discussions here is much better idea, and people who have time could go nnuts on discussion too, without creating pages of content to read in main game thread, it was initial purprose of this thread
:)
May 29, 2015 5:18 am
Do the walls move at all? Can we reposition them to make the jumps easier?
May 29, 2015 5:20 am
themightykobold says:
Do the walls move at all? Can we reposition them to make the jumps easier?
No. :)
The hint saying - all this approach is completely wrong direction, and Mandoric HAD glimpse of right idea, which is buried, undeveloped completely, under wrong ones.
Mandoric could solve it, may be.
May 29, 2015 5:25 am
Well, I had originally thought that burning the opposite field would help. If it is a self seeking coolant, it might try to fight the fire. If the field of energy eating plants were on our side, I was going to say let's light them on fire. If they are on the far bank, we could have some one that's trained jump over and light them on fire hopefully knocking two birds out with one stone.

You don't have to answer as to whether that's right or not, it was just an unexpressed thought from a while back and would rather have the party's input on it.
Last edited May 29, 2015 5:25 am
May 29, 2015 5:30 am
Ha ha - great minds think alike - I made my post on the Game thread before I read yours here, but the extra XP has your name on it, if I get it after all. I had also thought of burning the field, but was worried that that much fire might attract the beasts, but if the torch trick works it might be the way forward.
May 29, 2015 5:31 am
I deliberately confirmed that idea of moving walls will not work, as GM i am planting thoughts, datasphere input in Mandoric nano head. The answer is very simple, and .. Mandoric had something right...a direction.... once.
I will hint no more from now, and will leave this place for your discussion till we solve the puzzle or move on Avatrols. :)
May 29, 2015 5:39 am
Oh well, it really was fun trying to figure it out, and it's just a really interesting artifact in itself in terms of what it says about the history of a previous age.

Looks like we're going to get us some avatrol hides!

BlackStork - once we're past the Avatrols and the question of the canals is no longer relevant, any chance you could let us know what the solution was?
Last edited May 29, 2015 5:41 am
May 29, 2015 5:44 am
harlandski says:
Oh well, it really was fun trying to figure it out, and it's just a really interesting artifact in itself in terms of what it says about the history of a previous age.

Looks like we're going to get us some avatrol hides!

BlackStork - once we're past the Avatrols and the question of the canals is no longer relevant, any chance you could let us know what the solution was?
Yes, i will tell.
And you have your last chance, still.
Do not hurry to do the post there. Making it will mean you are using your last chance to solve it and find the way. Make Mandoric scan his previous thoughs and think about everything from the start.
May 29, 2015 5:47 am
I did, and that was my assessment. Even if my rope idea was right, nobody bought that anyway. I think we should move on and do what most people wanted to do anyway now! :-)
May 29, 2015 5:59 am
Statement from game thread:
its ok for others to try to solve. Please keep busy conversation ihere though. Trying time is over, now its better to find final solution and present it or its idea, complete, before all the party, before the party completely loses any belief that the canals thing could be passed safely.
Now each one does 1 turn. It could be presentation, experiement, which must bring or at least explain solution. If it does not, it does not, and if Avatrols smashing gets majority and/or all final experiements fail, then the party goes to hun
May 29, 2015 5:59 am
Yeah, I've gone back twice now and the only two ideas that seem viable paths for exploration are the "strong helping the weak", finding some option where we help each other, or that your original nano scan didn't roll high enough and that scanning again may reveal more info. The tying rope thing I was thinking about was send one person over that had high jump (anchor 1), tie rope to them and someone on the far end (anchor 2), have everyone cross over one at a time, and then maybe have anchor 1 go back (if anchor 2 is just strong and not a jumper), have someone else hold the rope on the far bank (anchor 3) with anchor 1, let anchor 2 cross, tie rope to anchor 1 in case he falls in on final crossing, and then have anchor 1 jump accross one last time.
May 29, 2015 6:04 am
Jumping and balancing do you mean? Or would one of the two be enough. Do we need balance for the walk sections?
May 29, 2015 6:07 am
themightykobold says:
the only two ideas that seem viable paths for exploration are the "strong helping the weak", finding some option where we help each other, or that your original nano scan didn't roll high enough and that scanning again may reveal more info.
I would say it has to be the helping each other thing rather than the scan - I rolled 19 and am skilled, so that's 22 - a difficulty 7 roll.

However, I feel that I should now let someone else take the lead on this, as I have taken up too much airtime already, and failed to come up with a solution. I'm really going to wait until everyone's posted now, and will go along with the majority decision.
Last edited May 29, 2015 6:19 am
May 29, 2015 6:07 am
The landing surface could be very thin, and that is main complexity of the jumping. Jumping helps with long jumps, but balancing helps with landing precisely and balancing the body after jump on top of very thin stripe of surface.
Both those skills will reduce complexity of the passage by 1 level of difficulty for one who passes and trained in them.
May 29, 2015 6:13 am
By the way, does anyone actually have the jumping skill?

To be honest, I suspect that facing six avatrols (I think there were six?) would be the end of this adventure, so despite everything, I'd be voting for whichever method we decide to use to pass through the canals. At least that's safe for anyone who can actually jump.
May 29, 2015 6:16 am
It would not be the end for sure, but it would be really tough bloody fight, without causalities, but probably with injuries....or without, depends on roll.... its 6 vs 7 , and party is much stronger, but the Avatrols are lvl 4, so DCs for defence and attack is 12 by default, so the fight will require creativity from players, also it could be made bit more easier if party sucess to sneak on them while they are resting.

And... Teamwork solves all. To be solo Genius is good and sometimes very helpful, but the teamwork is the key to overcome complexities.

And there are flex skills.
May 29, 2015 6:21 am
Maybe it's just being lost but I'm not seeing anything else. I can flexskill jumping. Either of the glaives have a 50/50 chance of being trained in jumping or balancing since they have to select from four including those two. Truly, I think that we could not only get the drop on the avatrols but somehow get them to chase us/me back to the canals where we can use the coolant to our advantage as well.
May 29, 2015 6:22 am
harlandski says:
However, I feel that I should now let someone else take the lead on this, as I have taken up too much airtime already, and failed to come up with a solution. I'm really going to wait until everyone's posted now, and will go along with the majority decision.
I share this feeling. Ronna has hurt her hand, Zinobia has pretty much told her that she's an idiot, and I've been posting rather much already. I don't have any solution, just things that one might've tried out, so I don't think I have any place in taking the lead on solving this.
May 29, 2015 6:23 am
themightykobold says:
The tying rope thing I was thinking about was send one person over that had high jump (anchor 1), tie rope to them and someone on the far end (anchor 2), have everyone cross over one at a time, and then maybe have anchor 1 go back (if anchor 2 is just strong and not a jumper), have someone else hold the rope on the far bank (anchor 3) with anchor 1, let anchor 2 cross, tie rope to anchor 1 in case he falls in on final crossing, and then have anchor 1 jump accross one last time.
Put more simply, couldn't we just have two anchors, holding a taught rope which the others use to steady them as they cross.

Blackstork - how far across is the whole canal thing, at the point of route 5 (the one with all the 1s and 2s)? Could for example Ronna jump across the whole thing with one end of the rope and then hold it whilst the rest of us jump across, with the rope as a kind of handrail?

Even if someone can't get all the way across, are there widish points in the middle where anchors could stand?
May 29, 2015 6:24 am
If anyone is ready or gives up they could do their final post. The ones who still want to find the solution should present it before the party.
May 29, 2015 6:25 am
BlackStork says:
It would not be the end for sure, but it would be really tough bloody fight, without causalities, but probably with injuries....or without, depends on roll.... its 6 vs 7 , and party is much stronger, but the Avatrols are lvl 4, so DCs for defence and attack is 12 by default, so the fight will require creativity from players, also it could be made bit more easier if party sucess to sneak on them while they are resting.
By the way, if it comes to facing Avatrols, I'm going to let others plan the strategy. Ronna is of course pretty useless in an encounter like that, so in a way it's only natural, but I also know the stats for the creatures, so I don't think it would be fair for me to say much.
May 29, 2015 6:26 am
themightykobold says:
Maybe it's just being lost but I'm not seeing anything else. I can flexskill jumping. Either of the glaives have a 50/50 chance of being trained in jumping or balancing since they have to select from four including those two. Truly, I think that we could not only get the drop on the avatrols but somehow get them to chase us/me back to the canals where we can use the coolant to our advantage as well.
That's a nice idea - lure them into the liquid.
May 29, 2015 6:28 am
The rope wont help. You'd better do not have rope, but having anchors might be a good idea. The rope will just connect bodies and will create unneded pull.
The jump will require rebalance after jump. If there will be anchor, it could be bit easier. If anchor is trained , then may be even more easier for the jumping person, because anchor could rebalance after he catches the jumping person and tries to drag and help him to land properly. Perhaps one person or even two who give hand to the jumping person could be a good idea?
May 29, 2015 6:32 am
harlandski says:

Blackstork - how far across is the whole canal thing, at the point of route 5 (the one with all the 1s and 2s)? Could for example Ronna jump across the whole thing with one end of the rope and then hold it whilst the rest of us jump across, with the rope as a kind of handrail?

Even if someone can't get all the way across, are there widish points in the middle where anchors could stand?
This was kinda the track I was thinking when I asked what the widest/narrowest point was. I was hoping to know the distance across the entire canal since I only have 50ft of rope. If we have more rope, we can tie it together at the sacrifice of a few feet but yeah, a hand hold may make it an asset for everyone crossing after the anchor.

Also, I'm tired. I need to hit the hay. See you all tomorrow.
May 29, 2015 6:34 am
I mean, why have everyone jump if the rope won't help that much? If the anchors are strong enough, people could just shimmy along the rope over the canal as the anchors held it.
May 29, 2015 6:43 am
There are two things you should think about:
common sense, physics and very basic things
game rules

You are close. Very close. Mandoric is almost got discovery, and Lucas with him.
May 29, 2015 6:43 am
Also. before I nod off, the two glaives with limited schedules already weighed in saying that we should fight so in lieu of any greater insighs, I think we should just go get the avitrols instead of holding another vote.
May 29, 2015 6:46 am
themightykobold says:
Also. before I nod off, the two glaives with limited schedules already weighed in saying that we should fight so in lieu of any greater insighs, I think we should just go get the avitrols instead of holding another vote.
Right, but then Jax changed and was almost ready to help to smash the wall. We will wait for their vote, or at least Jax's. Or we might have Mandoric finding the solution.
May 29, 2015 6:48 am
So after a lot of hinting from BlackStork ;-) it sounds like what we should do is:

1) We take 'route 5', which if I've understood right is all 1s and 2s.
2) Someone with a relevant skill jumps across, meaning the 1s are 0s for them, and can use effort on the 2s if they want to make them 0s too.
3) That person gets ready to catch everyone else as they come across. I'm not sure if this would count as an asset or just a second chance, but in any case, it would make falling in less likely. People can use effort on the 2s as well.
4) If people end up numbed, we can either deal with that immediately (healing), or just use rests etc - we can sit on the bits between the pools. In any case on the other side it looks like it is relatively safe and we can rest 10 hours if neccessary.

In any case, this sounds like the less deadly option. I've bought the Ninth World Bestiary (still Scifi week sale on dtrpg!), and Avatrols are badass!

I don't think it would be appropriate for me to suggest this, as Mandoric is definitely looking for a technical solution by now, and I haven't thought of this - I've just summarized our discussion above. If this works maybe we should all get 1XP ;-)
May 29, 2015 7:35 am
This is pretty much the direction of the solution.
Yes, i will award all 3 players who tried to solve it.
Pls check page 101 of corebook.

If 2 persons who are skilled go forth (and we have 4 like that due flex skill of the jacks)
an will provide hand to those who do the jump, the complexity will be 1 diff les for ones who are not skilled and jump
For ones who skilled having hand from other also counts as +1 bonus to roll
+ we have jacks and glaives who can use effort with speed edge.
+ team will be able to pull ones who do not have skill and will need to roll on jumps of 2nd lvl of complexity and will roll low (1-2)
When ariving person can just advance further on the ssurface stripe in order to provide space to next jumper.

This means that skilled person who goes first will need to do diff roll 1 x2 times, or can use speed effort to forfeit any rolls,
next persons who are skilled will need to roll twice the lvl 1 roll, and will have +1 bonus to it (any roll above the 1 is sucess)
Unskilled ones will have help of 2 skilled persons, who will pull & catch them, and balance themselves .
Unskilled will need to do 2 diff 1 rolls, or use effort to forfeit any rolls, same as it with skilled person who goes first and does not recieve any help.

Team play is a key.
May 29, 2015 7:37 am
I's ok to declare the solution in-character by either Lucas or Mandoric.
The initial glimpse idea was by Mandoric.... so i think actually he is most aporiate person also i made some datasphere intrusion post there. The idea of healping each other was his, so ....

Lucas (for being constructive and helpful), Mandoric (for right idea and for scientific approach) and Ronna (for determination, and also somethimes when you being hurt you get experience from that) will get 1 XP after passage is done.
May 29, 2015 8:37 am
Ok, cool thanks!

Now as:
themightykobold says:
Lucas is a Tough Jack who Leads.
And as Mandoric and Ronna both feel they've said too much, I suggest it makes most sense for Lucas to introduce the plan into the game thread.

We'll have to wait for the US to wake up in any case!
May 29, 2015 8:45 am
One thing to note: for Ronna, all the rolls are at +1 difficulty until the effects of the liquid end. So she'd probably be the last one to go.
May 29, 2015 8:46 am
harlandski says:
I've bought the Ninth World Bestiary (still Scifi week sale on dtrpg!), and Avatrols are badass!
Ack! Thanks for reminding me! I've been meaning to stock up on my Numenera materials from the sale, but haven't gotten around actually doing it.
May 29, 2015 2:40 pm
I am downto express the solution in game but out of game it feels wrong. For a couple reasons.
A) Once againg, the four of us pretty much did exactly what we said we wouldn't do yesterday. Discussed the game to the point of leaving the other two without any agency in the dicussion. One of them may have found this solution had they been as active.
B) The hint. Or at least the in game data sphere intrusion that prevented us from knocking down the walls. The only reason Jax and I entertained the idea was that it sounded good. The hint took away player agency based on a small comment from way back and now here we are, with a solution, only because we were stopped from what sounded like a good idea to three of us based on the evidence we were presented.

I mean, I'll take the xp, I shouldn't complain, but our characters, when Mandoric weighed in with his experiments, were nowhere close to this type of solution, which given the nature of the ideas we were testing, would not have even been discussed if not for the the hint that we were on the wrong path. Sometimes players get on the wrong path and fuck the world up and you just roll with it. I would say in the future, we have be more consistent with player agency. Even if I announce the idea, can I award to the XP to Zyob/szelmy since they really had the least agency in all this?
Last edited May 29, 2015 2:40 pm
May 29, 2015 2:44 pm
Yeah similar thoughts have been troubling me too. Let's not make this suggestion? Let's just go and kill us some Avatrols? Or at least go for the lure them into the goo idea to give us an edge?

I think our PCs are stuck for ideas about the canals even if we three players have figured it out with a lot of help from the GM.

I'm not criticising you for helping us BlackStork - it's a perennial question about how much the GM should help stuck players.
Last edited May 29, 2015 2:49 pm
May 29, 2015 2:52 pm
I am ok with your choice, i tried to do some datasphere intrusion - you rolled alot of hight numbers on scan and such - afterall. and Mandoric is character who actually been close to this, and developed idea after it too. Ropes also the thing that might lead into use of cooperative actions.

My personal GM position is that Mandoric have rights to reveal the idea. He made so much experients , and even said base of the good idea - of strong helping weak.

I am ok with any way you go, i thought it could be easier for the party.... i been wrong abit here. And, of course any other options, be it flowers or Avatrols, will require certain level of creativity from the party, otherwise they wont be easy. They wont finish the game, but could be harder than brave glaives think it will be. Creativity is a key. As well as team play.

If party choose to go for Avatrols i wont award any experience.
If Mandoric actually declares the idea, ( and i think he is only one person who is really could do that, HE BEEN CLOSE to it, afterall), then three members get XP for just trying and going nuts with their experiements.

My help was.. legit. I actually did not helped you when you called for idea 1st time. And Zinobia tried even to mess things abit.
Mandoric rolled alot of high numbers on his scans and checks, so got detasphere intrusion.
You had few ideas, that , as i think, when mixed could be nice base for forming the correct one - the idea of team work and catching trained people who go first on longest but easiest route.
May 29, 2015 3:08 pm
BlackStork says:
My personal GM position is that Mandoric have rights to reveal the idea. He made so much experients , and even said base of the good idea - of strong helping weak.
I'm grateful for your encoragement, but in-game that original suggestion was ignored, and I went off on those fun and for me fascinating experiments.

I also agree with themighykobold's point B about agency. It would have been fun for the glaives to try smashing some walls even if it didn't lead to anything. I think that would have been the best way to find out Mandoric's theory was wrong, not the datasphere thing when I wasn't even using my Numenera skill.

And themightykobold's point A all the way - we need to be careful to allow each player equal agency, which as far as I can see means waiting until everyone responds, even if some of us are itching to move things along.

I'm having a great time playing this game by the way, just learning the ins and outs of pbp! :-)
May 29, 2015 3:16 pm
Well, mistakes been made - we all 4 run too fast, not leaving chance for other 2 players to participate. Now, as we realized hwo to do right, we are moving on.

I als think that involved glaive players were able to propose correct ideas, but we are not there at the moment.

Also, as you figured, the setting is not cakewalk. So i leave for me, GM, some rights for intrusions.
It just start, i mean, it just start of Act 1, and actual game and Octagon setting start at it's fullest from Act 2.
And all we have gone through till now helps us to adjust things before we actually dive into Octagon, which is really complex, living world with alot of choices and reactivity and quite riddled as well. I, you, and the setting, this is the stage when we learning each other, for further Act 2 game

I agree on point about agency. As i said, this part exist to learn the setting and GM for the players, and to learn the players and do some work-outs and learn his mistakes for GM.
May 29, 2015 3:26 pm
PS As another option i could leave for me to act on Zinobia behalf. He , actually able to propose ideas as well. But i want to do things that are percieved as correct by players. So:

1. Party goes for Avatrols. As some figured simple fight wont be easy. Some creativity will be required.
2. Mandoric declares abot the idea, Lucas, Mandoric and Ronna get XP.
3. Zinobia propose to develop this idea of Mandoric, Only Mandoric will get XP (and Zinobia)

Tell me what you percieve as most correct. I am fine with any of those.
May 29, 2015 3:26 pm
BlackStork says:
It just start, i mean, it just start of Act 1, and actual game and Octagon setting start at it's fullest from Act 2.
And all we have gone through till now helps us to adjust things before we actually dive into Octagon, which is really complex, living world with alot of choices and reactivity and quite riddled as well. I, you, and the setting, this is the stage when we learning each other, for further Act 2 game
Ah I see. That's helpful to know Act 1 is a sort of training ground. Whatever we do about the canals, our discussion today was certainly useful to me as a player to properly engage w Corebook 102 and how we can assist each other.

From where I'm standing you're doing a great job, BlackStork, and I'm looking forward to the Octagon!
Last edited May 29, 2015 3:28 pm
May 29, 2015 3:30 pm
BlackStork says:
1. Party goes for Avatrols. As some figured simple fight wont be easy. Some creativity will be required.
3. Zinobia propose to develop this idea of Mandoric, Only Mandoric will get XP
Seriously, I suggest:

4. Wait to see what Nyom and Jax suggest, and take things fron there :-)
May 29, 2015 3:31 pm
Thanks friend! :)
Now, dear players, please just choose the option of urther development you percieve the most correct from ones i listed in my previous post.
May 29, 2015 3:33 pm
harlandski says:
BlackStork says:
3. Zinobia propose to develop this idea of Mandoric, Only Mandoric will get XP
Seriously, I suggest:

4. Wait to see what Nyom and Jax suggest, and take things fron there :-)
Ok, sure , thats correct, simply their characters already voiced for attacking Avatrols.
But ye, lets wait abit.
Let's play a game ow, you can cast your in-game in-character votes or wait for glaives and do that after them
May 29, 2015 6:32 pm
I made separator post in the games thread. I will need each character to post once after it in order to advance. And actually any character still is free to come with team help idea. As I said Act 1 is introduction before real Octagon starts, and it aims to introduce gm to players and vice versa, and to find and solve any issues which could arise before the game.
The setting could be riddled sometimes, and is not hack-and-slash cakewalk game. Team cooperation and creativity are keys to overcome challenges of the Ninth World. Character sheet will be not sufficient tool to solve encounters in most of times, but creative and smart use of it, world around, and teamwork.
May 30, 2015 9:45 am
BlackStork, did Zinobia deliberately not answer Mandoric's question about the cypher?
BlackStork says:
Vocal Changer
Level: 3
Internal: Pill
Effect: Changes the pitch, timbre, pronunciation, and
other audio characteristics of one creature to match
another, or as desired. The change lasts for 28 hours.lackStork]Vocal Changer
Level: 3
Internal: Pill
Effect: Changes the pitch, timbre, pronunciation, and
other audio characteristics of one creature to match
another, or as desired. The change lasts for 28 hours.
Mandoric suggested Zinobia could use this to lure the creatures, from a safe distance and place of course. I figured Zinobia would know which animal noise would have the desired effect on the Avatrols.
Last edited May 30, 2015 9:46 am
May 30, 2015 9:46 am
I know. Zinobia said that there is simply better solution, that will work better, because it will call animals closer, and make them more enraged and less cautios. This will save the cypher for Mandoric and will do better effect.
He is local flora and fauna specialist, and, there is good reason to listen him on his expert knowledge. :)
Ps added one sentence into Zenobia's answer.
May 30, 2015 10:05 am
I just remembered that Ronna has an inability with movement-based tasks. So I guess for her, all the jumps are two steps more difficult right now. One of the reasons I had picked the Far Step esotory for her: to compensate for her awkwardness in rapid movement.

How large is that field of flowers, by the way?
May 30, 2015 10:10 am
1. Movement with Far Step is pure Int/mental action. It moves Ronna in second for distance of 50-70 meters, making Ronna fastest moving character in the group at expense of her mental resources - and that is part of Ronna understanding and knowledge, and probably known fact to ones who saw Ronna's trick during the hound fight.
2. Field of Flowers is huge. To get to other side of the canals, to big gray platform she need to cross lesser distance - about 300 meters. Technically, Ronna could cross the field of flowers, but alone. IT is unknown how she will feel herself inside of the field, though.
3. My suggestion for you is to check different details with me here, and then to make post after analysis is made by your character (which could require details which i could provide on your (Ronna's attention and analysis) request here) :) It's ok to edit post though if you want to extend your action/proposition
4. Party deicided on fighting Avatrols. If Avatorls will be defeated there will be no need to run through canals or thru field. , the party will be able to travel by land. Leaving party alone when they plan on fighting avatrols without her help, and moving through field of flowers alone will be really self-centered, bad move.
May 30, 2015 10:46 am
Can't Ronna also use a recovery roll to get over the effect of the canal liquid?
May 30, 2015 10:50 am
Hmm. Ok. Yes. She will need 2 recovery rolls for that (since she have 2 stacked effects) in order to cure back to Speed diff modifier 0. The effect of canal liquid affects only Speed rolls. It does not affect any Int or Might rolls btw.
May 30, 2015 11:22 am
Also BlackStork is there any chance you could post a little diagram on the main thread of where everyyhing is in relation to each other, and any relevant points of geography (hills, valleys, big rocks etc)?
May 30, 2015 11:31 am
Numenera is normally done without detailed landscapes, but i think i could, tho i do not promise. I will be bit busy today in evening, and that will require drawing.

Anyways, as Zinobia said, there many good ideas, the only thing party needs to solve is how they lure the avatrols into the canals without having anyone charged by them. In order to figure how to do that no detailed diagram needed.
May 30, 2015 11:34 am
We seem to have a very different interpretation on how Far Step ability works. To me, it seems simply an esotery-aided physical jump along a clear, unobstructed path to anywhere within Long distance - even three meters away, if need be.

Either way, I have no need to edit Ronna's actions for now. The group has decided to fight and Zinobia has confirmed what she suspected already: that she's going to be completely useless against the beasts. Therefore she is just trying to make sure she does not get in anyone's way - hiding is the one thing she is good at, so it felt like a natural course of action. And in any case, combat planning is in no way her strength, so she is just waiting to see if there is something she could perhaps do.

Also: thanks for judging my intentions for something I had not even considered doing. I was asking about the flowers because Zinobia brought them up and I wondered if there would be something small there that Ronna could actually do to help the group. I find it rather insulting that you draw all sorts of conclusions from one question and lecture me what my character should be doing based on that.
Last edited May 30, 2015 11:37 am
May 30, 2015 11:40 am
Gargoyle says:
We seem to have a very different interpretation on how Far Step ability works. To me, it seems simply an esotery-aided physical jump along a clear, unobstructed path to anywhere within Long distance - even three meters away, if need be.

Either way, I have no need to edit Ronna's actions for now. The group has decided to fight and Zinobia has confirmed what she suspected already: that she's going to be completely useless against the beasts. Therefore she is just trying to make sure she does not get in anyone's way.

Also: thanks for judging my intentions for something I had not even considered doing. I was asking about the flowers because Zinobia brought them up and I wondered if there would be something small there that Ronna could actually do to help the group. I find it rather insulting that you draw all sorts of conclusions from one question and lecture me what my character should be doing based on that.
I did not judge. I knew initially that you might consider to do something else. I think you should percieve me as reason check, when character sees something he could get any kind of analysis. Percieve it as thought which Ronna had in mind that perhaps she could help party in the battle, as good-hearted character with obligations to the team.

Also Zinobia didnt tell that Ronna will be useless. He stated that her and his darts will be useless. But not what you percieving.
Perhaps he/me left to you/party to guess how Ronna might be actually useful in upcoming fight.

IT will be very constructive and enjoyable if you will stop taking things personally. Perhaps those things that you think made to insult you, made actually to hint to you/your character something you are missing. And there no personal offence in that, and i am sorry if you felt so.

Yes, i see Far Step as quick teleportation within the long range distance, not precise and uncontrolled, because you can not pericieve precisely the place where you going to jump within the long range (that is completely different action). Thats why you cant Far Step in the canals. dn thats why you wont be able to Far Step within mine field. But Far Step have awesome ways to use it, and should be used, where it provides really big help.

I have some correction - Yes, it is 1-70 m range. Thats part was wrong on my side, but the precision is what i explained. You land safely if the landing point is safe. Bur you can not control precision in terms if few centimeters here or there , even if jump have short distance.
Even if Far Step is not teleportation , it have 1-70m range, and could not be very precise and it does not change anything in terms of current situation.

Flower field is safe to jump/land, and surrounding area as well. They could be used by Ronna for any kinds of maneuvres using her Far Step.

And again, i really sorry if you felt something bad, but i really did not mean that and just want to help and us to have fun, while still want to preserve the puzzles of this encounter, which have actually quite simple solutions, in which Ronna take/could take major role.
May 30, 2015 12:16 pm
I brought the Far Step thing up, because I only now realised that we see it very differently, and it has caused a lot of confusion so far. I have been planning Ronna's reactions based on my interpretation, and that was for example why I was so confused when trying to understand the canal layout. But we'll of course go with your interpretation (as outlined above, after the correction), as you are the GM. Now that we understand the ability in a more or less the same way, I can react accordingly and things hopefully make bit more sense.

And I want to emphasise that Ronna's reactions are simply roleplaying her: she is hurt, she is unhappy and very scared about the direction things are taking, and she feels completely out of her depth with the combat planning. Up until now, her only plan for any physical confrontation has been to avoid it (hence the Far Step), and now Zinobia has told her that her only weapon is useless. She has no other combat-related abilities or even helpful cyphers. It simply makes no sense for her to be active right now.

After the people with more martial and tactical expertise have come up with a plan, she can see if she's able to contribute in some way. And her tendency to help people will certainly kick in at some point. But for now, she's pretty much convinced that she's about to be ripped into pieces.
Last edited May 30, 2015 12:18 pm
May 30, 2015 12:28 pm
Gargoyle says:
I brought the Far Step thing up, because I only now realised that we see it very differently, and it has caused a lot of confusion so far. I have been planning Ronna's reactions based on my interpretation, and that was for example why I was so confused when trying to understand the canal layout. But we'll of course go with your interpretation (as outlined above, after the correction), as you are the GM. Now that we understand the ability in a more or less the same way, I can react accordingly and things hopefully make bit more sense.

And I want to emphasise that Ronna's reactions are simply roleplaying her: she is hurt, she is unhappy and very scared about the direction things are taking, and she feels completely out of her depth with the combat planning. Up until now, her only plan for any physical confrontation has been to avoid it (hence the Far Step), and now Zinobia has told her that her only weapon is useless. She has no other combat-related abilities or even helpful cyphers. It simply makes no sense for her to be active right now.

After the people with more martial and tactical expertise have come up with a plan, she can see if she's able to contribute in some way. And her tendency to help people will certainly kick in at some point. But for now, she's pretty much convinced that she's about to be ripped into pieces.
Very good, rp is fun and very constructive for good game. Again, sorry if i made you feel bad, i meant really to help and to "throw some thougts" into Ronna's head. I really respect your role-playing, your activity and creativity, and i am learning as well, before we dive into complex and rich, full of things setting.
Cheers. v:)

Btw yeah Ronna could do recovery rolls to overcome liquid effects. She have 2 stacks so she need 2 rolls to cure.
May 30, 2015 7:33 pm
harlandski says:
Also BlackStork is there any chance you could post a little diagram on the main thread of where everyyhing is in relation to each other, and any relevant points of geography (hills, valleys, big rocks etc)?
As i said Numenera normally not played with precise mapping , and pls dont take it as something precise but, generally something like that, if that helps
sketchy map
lilac is flower fields, lines are hills, blue dot is avatrols, red dot is party.

This is not required to win. As party mamebers already found, if Avatrols lured into the liquid, they are out, and that oppens all land passage to wanted direction.

There also, probably, Orosomia, which could call Avatrols closer, and enrage them, making less cautios.

All is left is to find how to lure Avatrols.

PS. Tho i have many detailed. well done maps for some other places, but they belong to Octagon and availble starting at Act 2.
Sorry for too raw look, did not had time for more
May 31, 2015 11:51 pm
A bit late for this question but can I ask why the shield asset only worked on one attack. The way the rule states its as long as you have a shield equipped you have an asset to all speed defense rolls. Im not sure why mine was only allowed to apply to one attack.
Jun 1, 2015 1:01 am
Well, the main thing that Monte Cook states a lot of times is to follow the story and logic and reason, and that in Numenera those come always above rules, which could be modified in their favor. Dogs were not making regular attack - there were just on you and attacked somultaneously. Unless you have some defencive sphere you can't defend all directions with your round shield, it can not cover you from your left and right side at same second from very short range.
I could find many quotations like that in N books. (About reason, logic and story, which come always above, before the rules and may adjust them). So i did what Numenera rules suggesting, did slight modification according to specifics of situation, following reasoning and logic, which according the rules may come "over" default N rules calculations.
Also pls do not forget that was GM intrusion, and my decision was part of it. Anyways, that even did not influenced the combat, and Jax deflected all hits, receiving easy GM intrusion, one of easiest I saw in my experience, which is cool cause it shows how cool and stalwart your character is. In case of intrusions GM can modify and alter results and calculations as he may see them fit. I were able to say that your can not defend against attack and you being hit automatically in order to balance the intrusion, or that all rolls now at +2 diff and provide reason for it, because, it is intrusion afterall, and make it worthy of xp, instead of that I adjusted defence according to the delicate specifics of intrusion situation. :)
Rules in N is just outline to follow - at default. They could be altered normally in favor of logic and reason and story, and certainly will be modified in cases of intrusions - because that is what intrusions are.
One of my responsibilities is to make game challenging, rewards worthy of challenges, and the story - engaging.
Jun 1, 2015 3:06 am
Thats fine im ok with your ruling it was just not brought up until after I was making the rolls rather than before them
Jun 1, 2015 4:52 am
Schauer says:
Thats fine im ok with your ruling it was just not brought up until after I was making the rolls rather than before them
Its because there were not only GM intrusion reason but also reason reason - as i saw hounds which were already biting Jax, and attacking from very very close range, in same moment, from different sides. I realized that applying shield to those three attacks is unrealistic, so i mentioned it before i analyzed the rolls, and then calculated them and saw that jax anyways managed to fend of bites.
Jun 1, 2015 4:28 pm
I added poll, pls answer it. I need it in order to know how i should setup the game further, after Act 2, which will need few good encounters before it, but will come in, eventually. Thanks.
Jun 3, 2015 4:43 am
One question about the plan: what is supposed to set the avitrols offs? Just the scent of the flowers after Ronna has shot at them or something else?
Jun 3, 2015 6:12 am
just particles from exploding flowers.
When they explode, they release particles, and they fly around, looking for avatrols, assuming partially neural control over them, bringing them to the creature which offended the plant.
So that means creatures will come themselves, and will be llooking for someone, as Orosomia do not call them for nothing.
Jun 3, 2015 3:41 pm
Can I tie a rope to an arrow and use it like a harpoon?
Jun 3, 2015 3:46 pm
themightykobold says:
Can I tie a rope to an arrow and use it like a harpoon?
Well, you can try everything you can imagine and makes sense in Numenera. Be creative, why not, its good :) :P
Jun 5, 2015 4:05 pm
How is Ronna's position on top of the hill? Does she dare to stay there for a while, until someone needs her, or is she too close to the flowers herself?

Ronna's pools are updated.
Jun 5, 2015 4:13 pm
You didnt specified where she jumped. Hill top was like 60m from where she was, and that is edge of the range, and i assumed she jumped at random, to some safe location intuitively.
There are map somewhere of the area, i posted it before in this thread.

Pic

Jump pad point - 22-25m to initial point where Ronna was, and that point is ~ 45 m from flower field edge position where Ronna leaped at first jump. Now she jumped to point somewhere on the hill top which is 60m distance from the point she were before.

Here is Ronna's jumps map
Ronna jumps
Jun 5, 2015 4:23 pm
Btw update Darts please :) (-3), Ronna will be able to search for darts later though.
Jun 7, 2015 9:50 am
Perhaps my hint was not so clear @Gargoyle (Ronna)
The hiding nat20 have meaning that because of all activities and safe momentum for rest Ronna can concentrate and overcome and completely cure from numbness made by liquid if she takes recovery action now.
You can also modify your last action and add RR to it till i declare results of the round and declare then new one.
Jun 15, 2015 4:38 am
Can one help Zinobia and do two recovery rolls? Or is the act of recovery considered a solitary action?
Jun 15, 2015 4:50 am
Yes, as long as two recovery rolls are not 1 hour ones.
I mean yes, if they are action and 10 minutes rolls.
If they are 10 minute + 1 hour rolls then no, all the break must be spent just for rolls.
Jun 20, 2015 6:04 pm
Just to say I love the description of this scene, complemented by the picture (complete with seskii) and atmospheric soundtrack!
Jun 20, 2015 7:58 pm
:) I am glad and happy that you like the game, the setting and the encounters. More to come, cheers. We kinda warming up :)
Jun 23, 2015 5:06 pm
BlackStork says:
The second, by the road (the real one, not refracted one) leads towards distant hills on the horizon, clear and straight pass with the road
The third is the one where the refracted corridor points. The only one which is visible without the membrane, which have road under it, if membrane is not used.
I'm sorry, but I don't really understand. Which roads can we see with and without the membrane? Are we to assume that only the road we can see with the membrane is really there, and the other one is an illusion? Or are both paths 2 and 3 safe enough ways through the spores?
Jun 23, 2015 8:30 pm
The real road is the corridor 2
But it appears under the 3rd one without the membrane, and Zinobia was walking the 3rd one before he stopped.
Without membrane only 3rd is visible. And the road appears under it, while with membrane the road is under 2nd, completely different corridor.
Jun 25, 2015 6:22 am
I'm not entirely clear what kind of an object these 'membranes' are. How big are they? Can they be stored easily somehow or do we have to carry them in our hands?
Jun 25, 2015 6:33 am
3-6 cm diamteter... it is similar to dandelion seed structure - like umbrella, while the bottom needle is very thin (almost invisible) and flexible and soft, and having rubber like properties

No you must hold it

And btw i forgot - Ronna got 1 damage to Speed from initial charge
Jun 29, 2015 4:13 am
Jax turn required for advance of the game for 3+ days, assuming that Schauer made posts in that period (since only his post required for turns end) in other threads and been online few times during those days i should request:
Please dear players - check if you have turns to commit, i am not very fond of idea of reminding the players about delayed turns that needed to be done at constant basis. In order to advance turns (minimum) one post from each player required. Pls help me to advance the game , and if possible shorten un-needed delays, so we could keep the pace and the game progress exciting. Thanks.
The posting frequency per day is 0.75 posts per day for each player, the current delay brings us to 0.3 posts day for last period, please try to avoid such slowdowns, especially if you are active and able to post on the forum.
Jun 30, 2015 3:49 am
I have a suggestion - from a D&D 5e game which I'm playing on GP and is going at a much better pace.

How about you BlackStork commit to post at a certain time each day (convenient for you). We the players then have about 24 hours to post, knowing that you will post again at about the same time the next day and keep the story going.

If people don't post, their character just does the most neutral thing - moves along with the party, takes the Defend action in combat etc. But in any case the game moves on.

I have found this both a motivator to post on time in that other game, and I'm really enjoying the pace of that game.

Edit: One additional idea I've had (not tested in gameplay) is that players could give 'standing orders' for their characters, like "in combat I will attack the biggest threat" or "in combat I will provide support with numenera and cyphers", and then if players skip a turn the GM could follow these standing orders for them. There could be a Standing Orders thread for this, and players can modify them when they want. It could also work well for dealing with holidays/vacations.
Last edited June 30, 2015 3:51 am
Jun 30, 2015 5:01 am
Both ideas are great.

The first one will be implemented not for one day, but for two.
I am usually active from my phone so i can track messages of others. I can do posts twice per day - Morning and Evening GMT.
In case of long delays i will do "skips"

Leaving "Standing Orders" good idea. Players should mark with green text
Standing Orders: blablabla
In this thread or gameplay thread in case they know they wont be able to post in time.
Jun 30, 2015 5:31 am
BlackStork says:

The first one will be implemented not for one day, but for two.
Do you mean every 12 hours or every 48 hours? As we agreed to "5 posts per week", I guess every 24 hours during the week and then every 48 hours at the weekend would fit with our original agreement. To be honest every 12 hours would leave me out of the picture sometimes, as I can only guarantee being able to post in my evening (GMT + 6).
Jun 30, 2015 7:58 am
48 h
thats the maximum waiting time in the future - after it passed i will skip turn
Jul 1, 2015 6:26 pm
Quote:

Gesture that suggests to the party to move away - he waved his hands in direction opposite to the party's approach.
Gesture where the man waves with his hands to the north-west direction, towards larger hills on the horizon, and
gesture which suggests to party to move in that direction.
Is he gesturing to back up and for us to change direction and go northwest? Or did we come from the southeast and the northwest is just the direction opposite to the party's approach?

Did the compass lead us here or did we come here only because of the corridors?

Is this bunker the same as I saw in my vision or are their significant details that are different or would that be an intellect roll?
Jul 1, 2015 6:41 pm
1. Yes, he is certainly attempting redirect your movement from the object towards northwest, the party came from southeast, the building (the corridor) was in west direction from the place where party "changed corridors". Seems he is just hinting to the party to move in its intended destination and to turn back and to leave the place with the building through the corridor.
2. Both "misguiding" corridor and real corridor ( which been seen through membrane) were towards the northwest hills , illusionary pointed bit more towards north.
3. Compas led Zinobia here, he also used his common sence and own navigation knowledge before party reached Traavix fields.
4. The bunker is exactly same, as far as Lucas remebers it. There not much details, further analysis will certainly require Int roll (knowledge / noticing small details.)
Jul 2, 2015 6:06 am
I don't have my sourcebooks with me - would anyone be able to copy-paste how Erase Memory nano esotery works?
Jul 2, 2015 6:33 am
Btw if you go to Ronna character sheet all notes are there, i've placed them before long time. Go to Ronna CC, click notes of particular skill or cypher, and you will see the quote from the book
Quote:
3 Intellect points: make Int roll, remove up to five minutes of memories.
Jul 2, 2015 5:45 pm
Um, doesn't Mandoric get a major effect for rolling a natural 20 for initiative? :-)
Jul 2, 2015 5:55 pm
Oh sorry yes !!! %) i messed things abit, now corrected. Mandoric gets 2 actions, not Lucas!
Jul 2, 2015 5:57 pm
harlandski says:
Um, doesn't Mandoric get a major effect for rolling a natural 20 for initiative? :-)
I believe he gets the points spent on effort back as well, correct?
Jul 2, 2015 5:59 pm
szemely says:
harlandski says:
I believe he gets the points spent on effort back as well, correct?
It was my mistake, I messed Lucas and Mandoric. Mandoric gets 2 actions, not Lucas, Lucas made two actions last turn. (and contributed to delay of guardian reaction)
Jul 2, 2015 6:12 pm
Great - can I retroactively add effort to that attack to do damage, or do I have to declare that I'm doing that before I attack? If I can, I will!

Also is that Vocal Changer cypher still in operation, and can I use it for other voices, or only for broken hounds?
Jul 2, 2015 6:15 pm
harlandski says:
Great - can I retroactively add effort to that attack to do damage, or do I have to declare that I'm doing that before I attack? If I can, I will!

Also is that Vocal Changer cypher still in operation, and can I use it for other voices, or only for broken hounds?
The Vocal Changer wont do any effect, that tells to Mandoric his common sence. They are guardians which have only purpose - to guard in all costs. They are constructs, and contructs normally emotionless, self-less and dedicated to the task they were created for.

No, sorry, but the rule do not allow that. Now when Mandoric realized that his precise hits wont do much effect, he could adjust his combat tacticts. But not before he actually tested it, and not without guessing that prior to fight start.
Jul 2, 2015 6:17 pm
Ok, but I guess that if I attack and say I'm going to use effort for damage but then miss, I don't use the effort?
Jul 2, 2015 6:20 pm
harlandski says:
Ok, but I guess that if I attack and say I'm going to use effort for damage but then miss, I don't use the effort?
Yes. The rules says - you declare effort before the action. And if you used effort for damage it could not be readjusted.
If you misplace it - thats it, it is gone. You can not assign effort for damage and readjust it for attack after the roll is done and vice versa. Those are two separate efforts, which must be declared before the action. Those are Numenera rules . :)

Perhaps Mandoric could find other ways to be helpful in the fight. Or will need to use effort constanly, draining his own physical resources, in order to be able to do any damage.
Jul 2, 2015 6:41 pm
BlackStork says:
Perhaps Mandoric could find other ways to be helpful in the fight. Or will need to use effort constanly, draining his own physical resources, in order to be able to do any damage.
Oh sure, Mandoric will adopt a different strategy soon, but it's fun to play the glaive when the opportunity presents itself! :-)
Jul 6, 2015 6:07 am
Seems that Schauer (Jax) is MIA.
I'll wait some (12h from Gargoyle last post) and will skip his turn, moving his character by myself.
Jul 6, 2015 6:14 pm
Quote:
He was concentrated on predicting whip's trajectory and failed to perform his attack, missing the guardian's body
Sorry, I wasn't attacking. I was trying to draw the attack as on page 101 of the corebook:
Quote:
Draw the Attack: When an NPC attacks a character, another PC can prominently present herself, shout taunts, and move to try to get the foe to attack her instead. In most cases, this action succeeds without a roll—the opponent attacks the prominent PC instead of her companions. In other cases, such as with intelligent or determined foes, the prominent character must succeed at an Intellect action to draw the attack. If that Intellect action is successful, the difficulty of the prominent character’s defense tasks is modified by one step to her detriment.
Two characters attempting to draw an attack at the same time cancel each other out.
If it requires no roll, up to you or how intelligent they are, I succeed at getting them to attack me. If it does require a roll then I most likely failed.
Jul 6, 2015 7:02 pm
themightykobold says:
Quote:
He was concentrated on predicting whip's trajectory and failed to perform his attack, missing the guardian's body
Sorry, I wasn't attacking. I was trying to draw the attack as on page 101 of the corebook:
Quote:
Draw the Attack: When an NPC attacks a character, another PC can prominently present herself, shout taunts, and move to try to get the foe to attack her instead. In most cases, this action succeeds without a roll—the opponent attacks the prominent PC instead of her companions. In other cases, such as with intelligent or determined foes, the prominent character must succeed at an Intellect action to draw the attack. If that Intellect action is successful, the difficulty of the prominent character’s defense tasks is modified by one step to her detriment.
Two characters attempting to draw an attack at the same time cancel each other out.
If it requires no roll, up to you or how intelligent they are, I succeed at getting them to attack me. If it does require a roll then I most likely failed.
oh sorry , i understood.
the thing that Mastrigophores VERY intelligent (as/more than humans) (as they appear in the corebook) and extremely determined, ones that not easily distracted from their target/task , so i guess roll of 3 is undoubtedly fail.
Jul 6, 2015 7:12 pm
also corrected Lucas turn results
Jul 7, 2015 6:17 pm
BlackStork says:
Mandoric still need to do his defence action, because he been attacked by same guardian in same time, and attack been performed.
The attacker is out of the game after that, though.
Really? As I understand it, we won initiative, so Zinobia killed the guardian before it had time to attack Mandoric another time?

Edit: yeah, I just checked the Game Thread. Zinobia got 17 initiative and Mandoric 20, so I'm pretty sure we act before the guardians each time.
Last edited July 7, 2015 6:25 pm
Jul 7, 2015 6:32 pm
This time all is correct and Mandoric needs to roll defence with +1 diff penalty.

The turn order was just readjusted after initiative was rolled, and all extra turns (mandoric got 2!!) from initiative were made before the battle started, giving certain edge to the party.

But now the attack on Mandoric was done before the next turn - new turn when Zinobia finishes the guardian.
First party does turn A
then guardians did turn A (already stunned mandoric was attacked once more)
Then Zinobia did turn B and killed the guardian
Mandoric was attacked on turn A, while guardian was killed on turn B. Mandoric needs to roll defence related to turn which is previous to one when guardian is killed
Mandoric got hit and stunned > New attack > Mandoric Defends > Zinobia NEW turn commence

This means technically the GM post before zinobias post is Guardian move, related to the turn which happened before the new one started wehn Zinobia made his attack. And the Mandoric defence is related to that "older" turn, as being result of guardian attack, which came after the party attack.
Zinobias turn is completely new move, and it happends seconds before attack was made.

I do not follow party members turn move order according to initiative - i just made extra turns first, then assuming that guardians are last to move, doing turns in sequence of party attack > guardians > party defence > party attack > guardians and so on

If this messes things up i could wait with Zinobia turns to prevent confusion
Jul 8, 2015 5:03 am
OK, got it. Turns and rounds are pretty confusing with PbP!
Jul 10, 2015 9:30 pm
Sorry for the delay, didn't realize I was up. If it's been a while that you're all waiting on me, feel free to send a message.
Jul 11, 2015 6:35 am
Ok, :)
Cheers
Jul 12, 2015 6:38 am
Jax went MIA. Long time MIA.
The Mastigophores focusing him, and his character will play heroic role in this battle, probably falling dead, but saving other team-mates from having serious injuries in this "boss level fight" of the act 1 which could make party more powerful for future journey. Heroic sacrifice.

If Schauer will be back after Jax's death and will desire to play dedicately - Another character could be created for him in start of Act 2 and he will be able to join the party and game once more.

Of course if Schauer will be back before Jax falls as brave protector hero, and JAx still will be breathing, and will desire to continue with dedication then Jax will remain alive. You can not change fortune, puprose and fate. They change you. (At least in Numenera ;) :P)
Jul 12, 2015 6:46 am
How far away is Ronna from the fighting?
Jul 12, 2015 7:20 am
Gargoyle says:
How far away is Ronna from the fighting?
Short range. Will take 1 turn of movement to get into immidiate.
Guardians were able to move and attack in one turn because they are MUCH faster than humans with their linear movement capabilities

She can attack with ranged from there though.

Rest of party are in immidiate distance from the Mastigophores
Jul 13, 2015 4:05 pm
BlackStork says:

Used copperative attack bonus (it didnt changed a thing this turn though).
I meant it to count for last turn, as that was the turn Zinobia attacked with an 11 - +1 would have brought it to 12. I know it is kind of 'cheating', but on the other hand maybe we can be flexible about the exact order of events, considering the nature of Pbp?
Jul 13, 2015 4:42 pm
Ok, i wll try to apply to actions done in same turn (also btw Mastigophore defence lvl is 5,, so that would not change anything (making 11 as 12, as Zinobia needed 15 to hit). This have sence. I wont influence turns retroactively (previous turn), though. :)
Jul 13, 2015 4:47 pm
OK, cool. I hadn't realized they were level 5. Tough cookies...
Jul 13, 2015 5:19 pm
harlandski says:
OK, cool. I hadn't realized they were level 5. Tough cookies...
they are lvl 4 creatures, but their defence is lvl 5 and they are extremely tough, and they stun.
Jul 15, 2015 4:36 pm
Hello everyone,

Not sure about the rest of you, but I feel this combat is kind of dragging. I wonder if we can speed things up somehow. We all seem to be doing the same basic actions, and I certainly have no cyphers or other tricks that can help us here, so one option would be for us all just to make a block of 5 rolls or something, and then BlackStork could just summarize the results.

Another option would be to save us, deus ex machina, with some consequence (we don't get the cyphers). Maybe with a GM intrusion - then at least we'd get XP out of this!
Last edited July 15, 2015 4:38 pm
Jul 15, 2015 5:49 pm
Well, about GM intrusion i wont do that. Simply because this is last and "boss-level" really tough fight of Act 1. Which is first introduction, and barely the Octagon Game. It is more test, trial.
The point that the end and victory of this fight will and designed to be the well-earned, hard-fought gain. The prize is big, and it itself means that party will get 2 * XP for whole party (in addition to any numenera party will be able to find), as discovery prize and Act 1 completion prize.
I deisgned Act 1 to be VERY VERY XP intensive already, and this done on puprose to set up each character with 4 XP at start of Act 2 so each one could already start customizing and correcting their builds if they feel they require so.
So after trial and test, which was Act 1, players will be able to take missing abilities or stats or just improve their edges - depending how they felt Act 1 game.
And also party will need the cyphers, and more things they may get from this.

On other side i can speed things abit.
We could make "DOUBLE turns" (or triple) for next rounds, if party agreees.
It could be mess but , well, we can do it, we will need some rules though.
Also let to the party use the knocked down state, This fight is doable, simply the party have 2 characters which could not effectively contribute to the fight. And Party do not have large weapon hitters.
This is plot. Consider this is big boss fight for very valuable prize. This is made on puprose, because this way party learns that it have some weak spots and any experience is valuable.
Jul 20, 2015 8:16 am
As i promised before, Jax is out. If Schauer comes back and will want to continue as dedicated player, we i could "inject" new character in Act 2.
Also if party thinks that they need more one player (for any reasons) we could try to find people and do the same.
for now the game will continue with 4 PC and one ally NPC (Zinobia).
Jul 21, 2015 9:26 am
Ronna found 4 pills. Are these considered 1 cypher or 4, in terms of the number of cyphers she can carry?

EDIT: And how should I classify that neck bracelet? Is it a cypher that has not yet been identified or something else?
Last edited July 21, 2015 9:26 am
Jul 21, 2015 9:39 am
Neck bracelet is numenera-related item, you can threat it as minor artifact or simply numenera-originating equipment piece (as it is something lower than artifact but is not cypher).

4 pills are 4 different indentical cyphers. If any of party members will hold them together it could cause all consequences which could be caused by holding cyhpers in quanity that exceeds "safe" limit.
This means it's better to spread them between party members, some of them recently used cyphers so could hold some extra.
Jul 21, 2015 10:08 pm
Just to make sure I understand. Nyom has yet to climb the bunker, but feels that it would be fairly easy to do so. Correct?
Jul 22, 2015 1:54 am
Not actually, the surface is very even, and the building have very curved, somewhat conical shape, without any extra protrusions one could use in order to climb.
She could reach that hole in the protrusion with her spear though.

Nyom also can just ask Lucas about his vision again.
Jul 31, 2015 6:12 pm
I'm going on holiday/vacation for three weeks in an area with patchy Internet access. I will do my best to post daily, but if you don't hear from me for longer than usual, you know why.

Please don't kill Mandoric if I don't manage to check in for several days! Feel free to use him as an NPC though, following his usual way of approaching things:

* Use seskii to full advantage
* Do his best to understand Numenera (+trained -inability)
* Use his social skills if we actually meet some more human like things
* Make a profit out of any deal
Jul 31, 2015 8:27 pm
Sure thing! Have fun on vacation. If you will be able to post from there just tell me that here so i wont force NPC control over him once turn will be completed by other players.
I will do my best of managing him, thanks for informing :) Cheers
Sep 17, 2015 10:37 am
Dear Players,
we are quite near Act 2 so i asking to be active and not to delay/doubt when you post. Any post will move plot/ensure there is some advance or at least will provide a hint, or check things. Active posting is good.
I making this post becuase i am also going to trip for 2 weeks starting 26.09
In my trip i will be able to connect to net via my phone and make posts, but i prefer to start Act 2 before that as it have to deal with alot of posting, material, pictures and what not - many things i prepared for Act 2 that reside on one of my PCS (and i do not take PCs with me). I wont be able to provide all that from my phone.
So starting Act 2 before my trip would be great. If not, Act 2 transition could happen only when i return from my trip. (One of options you can choose is to delay Act 1 and explore things or if you will be not as active it will be delayed naturally)
Cheers. :)
Sep 18, 2015 8:28 am
Yes, BlackStork, it would be cool if we could move things on. But I know from my own perspective that I've been at a bit of a loss in this place. Mandoric's attempts haven't discovered much of use, and it seems Nyom is the key person here. I went back and read over the thread since we came into this place, and Mandoric's most recent post was the best I could come up with.
Sep 18, 2015 8:53 am
But new attempts may help. Good example that even when angry Nyom passed the ball to Zinobia with short post he rolled nat20 in addition to his specialization which made it as roll enough to beat task of lvl 8 without even accounting of nat20. It solved and made quickly things which otherwise could take more time and could require more actions.
Also if one fail in one direction there are more other directions. "Non-key" person could help to the key person to solve things. Key person having help is better than key person working alone just because she/he is one. Help will net ideas, collaboration roll improvements and sudden advances.
Also, there always more things to try and ways to help. The one that might work is not necessarily obvious or easy to figure. But as I said before, creative approach may solve things in surprising ways.
Sep 18, 2015 11:35 am
harlandski says:
But I know from my own perspective that I've been at a bit of a loss in this place. Mandoric's attempts haven't discovered much of use, and it seems Nyom is the key person here.
We're in trouble then because Nyom is at a loss as well. :-)
Last edited September 18, 2015 11:36 am
Sep 18, 2015 3:25 pm
Thats the good point i want to put your attention on. The key person is not the person who can solve everything - in such case the no balance and total absense of team game, collaboraitve game.
Key person is the person that have the key, but need support and teamwork in order to unlock key's full potential. Keys are also heavy load, heavy burden.
It is some extra burden that such person must carry.
With such burden solving everything for everyone is even more complex task. Instead, with help to carry such burden or to solve it, key person can be much more productive.
Sep 19, 2015 5:48 pm
Fair enough. One question which would be obvious to Mandoric, but isn't for me: Was there a significant above-ground part of this building, wasn't there some sort of spire? For example is it plausible the lift goes up as well as down from ground level?
Sep 19, 2015 5:56 pm
Nope. Outside part is 3 meters high and have curved cone shape, so there nothing above entrance.
Sep 26, 2015 3:48 pm
I'm sorry everyone, but I'm out of ideas and the dice roller hates me this week :-/
Oct 3, 2015 7:00 am
Hey guys I am on trip in China right now. It's hard to communicate and post GM posts esp assuming I spend quite few times in mountain areas.
I'll take small break and will continue GM job after 8.10. Please keep being active after that.
Oct 5, 2015 1:11 am
Oh cool. Where are you in China? I live on the other side of the Tian Shan...

Have a great time! I'm looking forward to entering the Octagon when you get back.
Oct 7, 2015 10:16 pm
I am back. What about activity? Please checkup for activity check. I am very determined to continue so if some players become inactive i will find the way to continue game even with fewer players (or substitutions)

Pls check up for activity check.

PS. I was in Guangzhou (Canton) area and Chaozhou / Fenghuang mountains - Guandong province, now I am returned to my country already.
Oct 13, 2015 8:05 am
OK, that's a looong way away from me!

Sorry I've been inactive. My work schedule has completely changed, but now I think I've found another time each day when I can check in on my games.
Oct 14, 2015 5:15 am
I think Lucas is afk.
What we do?
Can't wait for him. I may eventually find substitution/or just remove his character from the game if he does not return.
Oct 15, 2015 1:47 am
I'm alive but I'm kinda phasing out of the site as things have gotten crazy over here. Feel free to blow me up. But it better be cool, dammit. Jk. Sorry to leave you all hanging. Hope we won!
Oct 15, 2015 4:52 am
O Hey there!~
I would prefer to leave you and have you in game! Pls tell if that possible
Wecant just simply hang game because you are being busy, but if that temporarily we could wait
Oct 15, 2015 5:29 am
Sorry, that's confusing . . . I am leaving the game and the site probably. If you want to run my character as an NPC that's your call. You seem to have been progressing fine without me or at least have been posting with some frequency without my involvement.
Oct 15, 2015 7:43 pm
I found 2 guys who want to join the game to inject more action into it.
I plant to add them as 2 man party addition at start of Act 2.
If you have any objections please speak up, i will be really glad and respectful to hear them. If not, then i will add them at some point. As they said they are very active and determined.
Oct 20, 2015 12:04 am
Fine by me.
Oct 28, 2015 5:41 am
Based on my book keeping, I now have 4 XP. Can I spend them at this point? Pick up a new esotery from the spell of unconsciousness caused by the Numenera.
Oct 28, 2015 5:44 am
Sure thing. Please also check Game rules thread, i posted condenced level up / XP spending guide (Numenerapedia thread). I will appreciate if you will describe it with RP/in-character descriptive post and summarize changes at end of the post with green text
Oct 29, 2015 10:07 am
I only seem to have 3 XP. Is that right, or just bad bookkeeping on my part?
Oct 29, 2015 10:09 am
harlandski says:
I only seem to have 3 XP. Is that right, or just bad bookkeeping on my part?
its ok, Ronna was awarded by others after GM intrusions
Oct 29, 2015 12:38 pm
Ok, did I do that correctly? Specialization lowers task difficulty 2 levels, right? And 1 level of Effort lowers task difficulty another level? But GM does the math, I just roll d20?

Because I spent 1 Effort I'll subtract 3 pts from my Intellect pool. I have 1 Edge in Intellect. How does that affect things?

Thanks!
Oct 29, 2015 12:53 pm
If you state your effort and skill you try to apply you can roll only 1d20, and you did right. (and decreased complexity of the task by 3 levels! Which mean your roll of 11 is sucess for difficulty 6 task).

As for effort you need to supbstract 2 int points from your pool : 3 initial effort cost - 1 edge = 2 pts lost.
Pls substract them from the pool.

Also i want to add somethign general - as you are new players - i use note system very frequently - i pass hidden messages or results which are personal to single characters this way. You can interact with GM this way as well, if you want to make/pass/ do something subtle/hidden from eyes/attention of others.

Sometimes the game is very plain on surface but it have x3 more text within those notes as in bunker sequence with Nyom. And i do that all the time, if there anyone who may know something or can feel something extra.
Oct 30, 2015 3:54 pm
Wanted to say (without any spoilers) that i think this was very good and correct choice for Ronna to take on Mental Link:
1. RP and storywise - player should be feel his character and pick reasons which influenced by mechanics but by story and character personality and his/her (character's) common sense.
2. The compaign, as Numenera as setting itself is full of riddles, and very often even diplomacy game could be very riddling. Great choice on that, because some shortcuts may prevent some violence at times, or to provide subtle communication in order to win stuff.
3. Nice character flavour.
4. Could be very useful with creativity.

I endorse and encourage RP/Plot inspired choices. Wont spoler anything, but some things could be more harder than fights.

PS. Poor Nyom, eveyone attmpting to invade her mind lately :P

PPS I added Mental Link ability and ability costs to Ronna's Character Sheet
Oct 31, 2015 8:49 am
So to fully activate The Ambassador OOLIN needs to input some commands. She's afraid to do this, but it will be easy to convince her as she is naturally curious. Zinobia thinks it will help find his son and he cold be right. At the moment OOLIN and T'jekyll don't know anything about what Zinobia and the others are about. Only Zinobia has actually introduced himself, though Mandoric and Ronna have been friendly. They've stated nothing of their purpose, though based on what little he's said, Zinobia is seeking his son. On the other hand, T'jekyll has given his and OOLIN's names, and has indicated a search for Aeon Priests.
Oct 31, 2015 9:30 am
Blackstork says:
Just character post, to spice up discussion, it's not a turn skip, just GM-led PC action.
Hi! Do we need to take turns or follow some sort of initiative order even when not in combat? I'm sorry if I've been interrupting!
Oct 31, 2015 9:46 am
Normally the simple rule works if i am not stating othewise - 1 post/action per player per one round, and all players turns required in order to advance (i will wait till all do their turns) - thats why it's important to follow game turns and post if you did not .

But this turn was declared as special : Players can do up to 2 posts /actions in one round. In any order. This means you can do one more just now, and next time you will be able to do post is only once i advance the plot as GM and declare new round.
Oct 31, 2015 10:33 am
BlackStork says:
Normally the simple rule works if i am not stating othewise - 1 post/action per player per one round, and all players turns required in order to advance (i will wait till all do their turns) - thats why it's important to follow game turns and post if you did not .

But this turn was declared as special : Players can do up to 2 posts /actions in one round. In any order. This means you can do one more just now, and next time you will be able to do post is only once i advance the plot as GM and declare new round.
Ok, thanks! Will post in a few minutes.
Nov 1, 2015 7:48 am
T'Jekyll still need to pick: Non-combat task of specialisation (need to choose now) , and Flex Skill(can be left not set for now and be picked on need - can be changed once a day)
Please update your Character Sheet :) Ty
Nov 2, 2015 11:49 am
BlackStork says:
Ronna, Nyom and Mandoric resisted "gentle and lingering" intrusion into their minds without alot of effort.
Strange thing happened to Mandoric Seskii as it went to Zinobia and started hissing on him angrilly.
Sorry I don't understand - Mandoric wasn't trying to resist, but to establish communication. Was that the result anyway? Mandoric actually has an inability in resisting mental influence.
Last edited November 2, 2015 11:50 am
Nov 2, 2015 11:57 am
The rusult of his attempt is that the loyal Seskii defended him from intrusion and took that something on himself. As Seskii are very loyal they feel when they need to protect masters. The contact failed, and as Mandoric was weak with his Mental defences his urge was intercepted by loyal and more primal, often led by it's animal urge creature -his Seskii. His Seskii have much more familiarity with it, and it bravely took it, as it felt it could harm the master. Mandoric lost control on his Seskii now (for now) but himself he is safe and sound.
Sorry for not expanding and posting those details. I hope now it's clear.
Did not wanted to spoil. Hurried abit , needed to do another post to do note with it. Hope its OK now.
Was planning on expanding it in new post as more details after turn end.
Nov 2, 2015 12:25 pm
Now i arrived home. Yesterday, when i had time i prepared the post because i had 4 posts of 5 (excluding your one which came at morning).
So, instead of waiting whole day till evening after your post i posted immidiately at morning, when all the post was prepeared and i provided shortened version of your personal data, planning on "expanding" it as thigs reveal themselves little by little, but i do agree there could be more than that. I am editing original post and will post it as regular (because note system is buggy and you can not post more than 1 note in one post without problems.)

Pls check on edited version of the turn post here. Thnks for mentioning that. I appreciate that
Nov 2, 2015 4:44 pm
Note that I have updated my character sheet with my non-combat task of choice (repair implants) and tracking as my flex skill. Thanks for your patience.
Nov 2, 2015 6:23 pm
Yeah, saw that, thnks and yw :)
Nov 2, 2015 9:15 pm
To attention of players which are not influenced by "The Urge" which OOLIN called from The Ambassador (Ronna, Nyom, Mandoric) - your impact is critical, and your actions could influence whole flow of campaign now (or at least where and how Act II starts and will happen) - following and basing on what going on with Zinobia , OOLIN and T'Jekyll - but the situation and outcome not only created by them.

And the vibe of the situation and importance of what happening is quite apparent to all characters not influenced by "The Urge".

Your characters are not passive watchers (unless they are really want to be ones), they are ones who can influence and impact events that are escalating and developing in front of their eyes - if they want to

Just needed to state and emphasize importance of what i just stated and importance of having teamplay in such situations
Nov 3, 2015 7:45 am
Great, thanks for the clarification, both of Mandoric's situation and the general danger. Mandoric's now doing his bit to try to help Zinobia. I don't think he's figured out OOLIN and T'Jekyll yet, but will do what he can if/once he 'saves' Zinobia.
Nov 3, 2015 8:06 am
The main danger it to lose control and implications. No one in party knows which octant is "better" so technically they are all equal except that after partially losing control 3 party members been pulled towards different sections.
Nov 4, 2015 5:54 am
Quote:
OOLIIN recieves 2 xp as reward for GM intrusion, 1 for herself 1 to give up to other player (as GM i can suggest - my suggestion would be T'Jekyll)
Yes, granting the XP to T'Jekyll.
Nov 4, 2015 8:40 pm
BlackStork says:
Please OOLIN and T'Jekyll, please add Intelligence rolls to your actions (edit your posts). I will modify them myself.
Done. :-)
Nov 4, 2015 11:25 pm
Yes, done.
Nov 8, 2015 7:07 am
Sorry for the silence...been incredibly busy...will post later today.
Nov 8, 2015 7:43 am
Cool. Np . Thnx for notifcation.Cheers :)
Nov 8, 2015 9:31 pm
Small note: When i post big posts I composing them first. Normally its easier for me to post more raw version first, and then make it more clean & correct later.
If you read it fresh after my post and plan to post later, I advise to re-read before you post, because I usually edit post alot at some point after i release it. It's easier for me to work with existing post and tune it when i see it.
Nov 9, 2015 2:38 am
Good to know. Thanks! :-)
Nov 10, 2015 8:16 am
Incidentally, BlackStork, I like your artwork. I do a fair amount of hand-drawn artwork myself, and the scans never come out looking as clean as what you've provided.

Someday I will (in English we have a lot of weird figures of speech I want to insert here: "bite the bullet," "knuckle down," "take the bit in my teeth," which all mean the underlined:) force myself to do what I am reluctant to do, and I will take the time to learn how to do digital artwork. I admire anyone who has already done so.
Nov 10, 2015 9:18 am
Thank You! I am very happy you like it. It helps to create immersion, and the feeling of the story/plot and campaign.

I am not illustrator. But i have alot of experience in vector graphics, and that will be used in campaign (later, Act 3 and further) - alot of vector art that will help to explain and deliver alot of homevbrew stuff i adding to core Numenera Setting which is unique and special to Octagon story, plot and factions.

This drawing was made by mouse using vector programm, and then just painted with some simplistic brushes with opacity. I actually can do bit better ones, but i prefer to spend time on working on plot/making posts so i do not have time to make better illustrations using wacom and doing them for longer time with much more patience and polishing. Perhaps i will do it at certain milestone points, but for now i invest into story / immersion, and 2d vector support for complex homebrew additions so it will be fancy and clear for you.
Nov 10, 2015 10:52 am
As the game intensifies and advances - i have question to all of you - if i will grant you roles to edit Octagonpedia thread in order to maintain alot of things that coming and will come - there alot of terminology, factions ,items. If you want and are willing to maintain it i can do that so you will have good place to store things in pedia style. Otherwise i will not maintain it alot, and will add myself only most basic things as i prefer to focus on the story etc.
If you will have such pedia it could be very helpful that it will store data and details your party collects during the story progression - so anyone will be able to have quick access to it.

So yes to editor rules for players in Octagonpedia and Player-managed pedia entries or not, and scarce basic stuff will suffice, and rest could be datamined in main game story thread?
Nov 11, 2015 7:48 am
harlandski says:
Using a formal and polite tone, Mandoric addresses the Doorkeeper, "O Doorkeeper, I am a merchant, and trading is my life. Once we pass to White's Edge, will it be possible to have trade contacts with the ... er ... ladies and gentlemen here," he gestures to the Whites and gray-hooded women, "or will we be limited to contact with those on the other side?"
Partly I want to know the answer to this question, but partly I am also hoping to somehow activate Mandoric's dormant ability to have an important contact. From the Charming descriptor:
Quote:
Contact: You have an important contact who is in an influential position, such as a minor noble, the captain of the town guard, an Aeon Priest, or the head of a large gang of thieves. You and the GM should work out the details together.
If now's not an appropriate time to forge such a contact, then let's not lose sight of it as a possibility as the game progresses...
Nov 11, 2015 8:17 am
I already took care about it. It will come eventually. Do not want to spoil stuff. :) And I'ts not a time yet. Small hint to Mandoric which i can release as answer to your request:
His seskii pet behaviour in that room with colorful exits - cant escape his mind. There is something about it. As it knew that Zinobia might run into brown direction, and it was... Cooperating with possessed T'Jekyll. It stopped Zinobia so T'Jekyll could open the purple one. Also... Going back into memories and feelings Mandoric understood.. That thing .. Which tried to possess him... May be it't not Seskii took it from him, but the thing itself decided to pick Seskii instead of him.
Nov 11, 2015 8:18 am
BlackStork says:
So yes to editor rules for players in Octagonpedia and Player-managed pedia entries or not, and scarce basic stuff will suffice, and rest could be datamined in main game story thread?
I'd be willing to give it a shot; I certainly find having a well-organized reference is very useful.
Last edited November 11, 2015 8:19 am
Nov 11, 2015 8:24 am
Cool I will arrange rights later today when will be at home
Nov 11, 2015 9:44 pm
Update:
I moved all informative & pedia threads to new forum Pedias - thing where all things related to setting, Numenera and campaign will be stored by me or by willing players. I gave right to spaceseeker to moderate that forum. If you want such right too pls tell and I will provide.
I can say now that there will be ALOT of things to note and alot of info to keep organized. Keeping information stored in one place will be almost necessary. (Without spoiling, my homebrew setting tied to the Octagon campaign and adds techincally 4th character customisation layer with alot of options (to descriptor, foci and class), which is related to the Octagon itself - it will appear in Act 3, + Octagon have hugeton of factions, creatures, items, special weapons and lore). So I really think that managing Pedia forum will be a nice idea.

Sidenote : I realize that Fallout 4 is out and last post was very big and complex to digest (also sorry if i made few language mistakes, sometimes my imagination and own language storytelling capabilities exceed what i can do in English) - but please do not forget to post at some point :)
Nov 12, 2015 4:51 pm
I've done a couple of tweaks to the Pedia entries already, most visibly a change to the XP rules to distinguish what we are and aren't using for tier advancement. Take a look and see whether it's OK.

Question: will you continue to use the red color-coding for material that should be entered in the Pedia?
Nov 12, 2015 8:34 pm
There is also purple color. I think i will use purple color for what i intended to - Reputations and plot-mechanics-related stuff.
You can use red if you want and purple will be the color which connects to the plot itself.

Blue color will be extended. There is complete and very complex system of character customisation called Learning/Secret Studies, and it will be included into the blue color text together with experience.

So far so great. If you will keep it updated it will help alot. Because the world of The Octagon is very complex :) Not insanely complex but there is a lot of stuff in it.
Nov 12, 2015 8:35 pm
And please lets advance with game, if you log in - better to do shorter post, and extend it later with edit before i do summary, than to wait and freeze the game's advance.
Nov 12, 2015 8:52 pm
I'm trying to figure out what Nyom is supposed to do in this case - was hoping to leech off of someone else's response. :-) I'll have something later tonight....
Nov 12, 2015 8:55 pm
Would it be possible to hear the Doorkeeper's response to each question as it is asked?
Nov 12, 2015 10:21 pm
Generally he will provide one sentence of answer to each ones question. (one question)
He will not answer, probably to more questions, and his answer could be anything, even not things that asking person might expect, assuming all the "situation circumstances and enviroment". But, perhaps, question could be anything that comes to mind of the asking person.
Nov 13, 2015 7:47 am
I mean can we wait for him to answer Mandoric's question (1st) before Ronna asks the next (2nd) question? And then the answer to that before someone else asks theirs (3rd)?
Last edited November 13, 2015 7:49 am
Nov 13, 2015 3:22 pm
So ... things are pretty railroady right now, but I'm accepting that as "the Octagon" is the name of the campaign, so I suppose we have to get in somehow :-) I'm guessing that on the other side of the Door options are going to open up again?

Edit: ooh! can we all get an XP for accepting this as a GM intrusion?! :-)
Last edited November 13, 2015 3:23 pm
Nov 13, 2015 4:19 pm
It's mot GM intrusion, it's part of the plot, and this small short piece is actualy railoadly straight, it just part of the Octagon and it introduces you to The Octagon, The Dogmat and Serenitas, to Keepers, and creating certain knowledge base about The Octagon, knowledge that will help to the party to understand what's going on further. There is big and tricky and complex plot behind, and this is just "video sequence" with few "less optimal" choices.

Do not worry for XP. You will get it in time (hint: after the door?)
And act 2 will have some important and serious choice, and once choice done also picks also pretty straight vector line if we talking about healthy common sense optimal way. Of course it is also influenced by player personalities (by great measure), story and other factors , so there could be "more optimal" way and "less optimal" way, and party will know which choice is which.
In Act 2 the party have very basic tasks - to get understanding of what the hell going on, and to survive and to move to more understandable, adequate place, which could provide some answers.

Act 3 will open HUGETON of options, alot of new mechanics, alot of homebrew stuff. It will be real explosion of information and things to do - it will become quite open-ended, sandboxy, and openworldy with some plot behind . For now for mentioned before reasons it is just the "sequence experience". As i said - there could be many options initially, but as you guess - all things now influenced by "party"s pick of going into certain gate, and things are tied to that choice.

And as for The White - i hope the characters got the hint that this place/entity is not for them - and Dogmats are just ones who hold the gate and just giving the passage, because being obligated to do so. They would act differently without such obligations.
The party entered the Gateholds - and got automatically encounter with people of The White.
Nov 14, 2015 9:47 am
Couple things I want to note.

This was a huge info dump with a large number of new concepts and names introduced in one go. Even though I've read the posts several times, I am not confident that I understand half of them well enough to do any reasonable decisions or draw conclusions from them. Especially since in PbP it might easily be 1-2 months before we come back to these things. Perhaps some OOC summary of the key things we've learned (concepts and their relationships to each other would) help moving ahead? If this stuff is going to be important, I mean.

Was this place meant to be this uncomfortable? Especially the way the treatment of women was described made this area and the people seem very creepy. Ronna is going to be very shaken after this.
Nov 14, 2015 11:00 am
Yes, thats why i told that maintaining Pedia is necessary. I with spaceseeker will maintain it - and I will dump all the info which party should have in RP but very organized in same time form there. It will be like encyclopedia, where you can remind and clarify for yourself party learned already.

Yes, this place meant to be so unconfortable. the party will later learn who the Dogmats and the Serenitas are, whom they serve, what is their "puprose" and what they are about. They are not faction that could accept the party, or party can join it. It is part of the Octagon structure and story, and things will be revealed during the campaign. Again, yes, the feeling you got from this place is right. (For Ronna, as i percieve her - exeptionally right - it should be very uncomfortable)
Nov 14, 2015 11:12 am
Added some entries to Octagon pedia. Watch that thread. I will add things there all the time. If you miss something you can ask here and i will add, if party already should have such entry.
Mainly i am trying to maintain and will maintain it with new entries.

Octagonpedia
Nov 14, 2015 11:33 am
Gargoyle says:
Was this place meant to be this uncomfortable? Especially the way the treatment of women was described made this area and the people seem very creepy. Ronna is going to be very shaken after this.
This is also the case with OOLIN.
Nov 14, 2015 2:58 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Gargoyle says:
This is also the case with OOLIN.
Mandoric is from a city where people are randomly selected for torture (often to death) for the sake of the mad whims of the million gods. So just about any other approach to things seems perfectly reasonable to him ;-)
Nov 14, 2015 3:04 pm
BlackStork says:
Yes, thats why i told that maintaining Pedia is necessary. I with spaceseeker will maintain it - and I will dump all the info which party should have in RP but very organized in same time form there. It will be like encyclopedia, where you can remind and clarify for yourself party learned already.
I've had a look at the Octagonopedia, and it's really helpful - thank you Black Stork! I can see that this setting is going to take some brain work to get into, but I'm sure in the end it will be all the more rewarding for that.
Nov 14, 2015 4:26 pm
If it's all right with you, BlackStork, I'm going to edit the first post in the pedia thread to create a Table of Contents for the different pedia entries, and edit each entry to alphabetize the entries for easier reference. Is that OK?
Nov 14, 2015 4:27 pm
any improvement You can do is more than wellcome - Yes, sure thing, will be great :)
Nov 14, 2015 4:29 pm
harlandski says:
BlackStork says:
I've had a look at the Octagonopedia, and it's really helpful - thank you Black Stork! I can see that this setting is going to take some brain work to get into, but I'm sure in the end it will be all the more rewarding for that.
I am glad that it helps. :)
If anyone missing something and thinks that party should have such entry just post here. :)
Nov 14, 2015 5:10 pm
Made new posts with short explanation of Secret Studies system :
Post here

Pls tell if it is clear. I did not gave the example, because it is too early, but I want to introduce the party to certain mechanics and concepts before we actually hit them, so when we hit them, players will be focused on checking and analyzing their options, and will be ready to use the system.
Nov 15, 2015 3:37 am
How many days have passed since the beginning of the whole story? I don't actually know if Mandoric would have any food to give the beggars.
Nov 15, 2015 4:55 am
Game days passd 2 and since they exit Yosh-Ul 5 i think. (But lets have assumption that Zinobia cared about food for the trip for those first 3 days)
Nov 15, 2015 5:37 pm
Modified the Study system - TR - Training - character will need roll of relevant stat in order to recieve TR.

The cost will be per lesson and will be fixed - 1 shin * 2 ^ Study Level ( 2 shins for one lesson for lvl 1 Study, 4 for lvl 2, 8 for lvl 3 and 16 for lvl 4)

Please check updated entry.

Please do your turn, i will need majority in order to continue and check if party follows Horoika or they do not.
Nov 16, 2015 8:31 pm
Mandoric (hrlandski) - please update Zinobia's and Horoika attitude to Mandoric in his character sheet
Zinobia >> Mandoric -- Cautious
Horoika >> Mandoric ++ Sympathetic
Nov 17, 2015 2:18 pm
Done. Levelling up, taking Onslaught esotery (at last!) I think it makes sense too in the light of what Horoika said. By the way how did the beggars react to my food?

Edit: another little question, this one about the interaction of my Onslaught esotery and the powers I get from my descriptor. Does the mindslice use of the Onslaught esotery count as a "mind altering esotery", ie would I get the benefit of being trained if I used the esotery in this way?
Last edited November 17, 2015 3:56 pm
Nov 17, 2015 5:19 pm
I will check answer for your question and will add beggars reaction to next post (sorry forgot about it) - will do that later when will be at home.
Nov 17, 2015 8:24 pm
Yes, you have nice synergy there, Mindslice does get bonus from your descriptor.

This means, you have -1 difficulty to attack, i guess. 2 Damage, Int first, ignores armor.
You can state it as 2 attacks - physical Onslaught, and Mindlice, where mindlice gets bonus
Nov 17, 2015 9:40 pm
@spaceseeker - please update your characyer sheet at each change of stats/ or other things. T'Jekyll's character sheet was lacking 2 XP which T'Jekyll have - i just added them. Cheers, because if i will forget and you will forget character will have less or more things that he should, and that wont be good for the game. :) Cheers
Nov 19, 2015 6:47 am
1.5 days passed since my update post and again 1/5 players posted. Pls do posts, and lets try to maintain the tempo of at very least 2 days per turn/update. Cheers :)
Nov 21, 2015 8:46 pm
Last post brings alot of information. I will appreciate any help to populate pedias with new information so it will be well arranged and stored.
Nov 23, 2015 8:52 pm
Hello there.

Wanted to ask you how do you feel about the game.

From my point of view I do invest into the game alot, but i do not feel enought activity/action in amounts i would like to see.
It is complex, story based, full of information setting. It requires one very vital thing - involvement.

I understand that:
1. The setting is complex and updates are very verbose (this is for this stage, because it is much more like sequence, in difference from next or previous one) - this is pro, and con in same time.
2. I may do lexical/grammar mistakes due being not native english speaker and my two mother tongue languages (which are very very different) influence things i write.
3. Some people may be busy, and thats ok.

The issue for me is that :
1. There alot of people (majority) who log to the forums frequently, and some even frequently post on the forums, but in same time majority of players (probably for different reasons) postpone and delay posting in this game.
2. We are beyond 2 days from the original post (far behind the shelude) and we on the point when only 2/5 players did one post after the update which require hot verbose conversation and serious decision making.
3. From certain player's posts I get impression that they do not read the stuff with attention or some things are not apparent and clear enough.

What i want:
1. To fix any problems and do changes if such required to improve the experience, and to hear your feedback on the game.
2. Frequent posting / players that are active and interested to play this game and to advance with it.
3. To ensure that certain things are clear, and despite serious information output on this stage players can navigate and understand basic concepts.
4. Players that value my work and like it.

So, please post your thoughts on the stuff above.
Please tell if there things you think I could improve.
In same time from my side I do really want things stated above.

So:
1.If some improvement needed from my side i would like to hear any ideas and will try to do it with your help of without.
2.If the shelude of 1.5 days per post (we are much behind it btw) is too tight and people are busy or need more time to digest the information, lets adjust it a little.
If people are being busy - its cool and i do respect it, we will just adjust the shelude a bit - this way i could also will know to manage the game differently, providing may be "layers" of updates little by little - if the tight time shelude / update's verbosity is a problem.
3. For amount of the work and imagination I invest/ed into the game I expect to recieve one simple thing - players involvement and interest.
I want to fix anything that prevent that, and even to adjust out crew in case some player really do not like the game and is not involved into it and hate the campaign complexity and verbosity, if someone can not see himself being involved into the plot .

Thanks for cooperation in advance. To summarize - I want to have a team of involved players, who are satisfied with the game, and that this game will provide an adequate experience with alot of immersion and fun, and first of all to improve things from my side, but I will require certain level of player's "involvement" with the game. Thanks for help. :) Cheers.
Nov 24, 2015 3:15 pm
This game, by far, is the hardest for me to follow along. I realize that, in part, it's because of how rich of an environment that you're trying to create for all of us. So when I get on to check games I'll hit up the 'easier' ones first with the thought of coming back and trying to figure out what my options are in this game and I basically wait for someone else to act first so that I can react off of that.

This is also a busy time in the US with all of the holidays coming up (and I'm making the assumption that most of the PCs are in the US - although thinking about it, I'm not sure that's a fair assumption after all) so I'd expect some lulls until the new year.
Nov 24, 2015 3:22 pm
This act is very heavy and verbose but also important as it introduces players to complex world of Octagon. Involvement and understanding are quite neccessary in order to have fluent gameplay later. Harder now = funnier later. Yes, this is mainly because the setting is rich and complex. If some adjustments needed from my part i would gladly do them, and in return i just ask for some minor level of basic commitment and involvement of the players. :)
Nov 25, 2015 11:44 pm
For now 3 of 6 party members agreed on following Horoika.
Party must have 5 of 6 votes in order to choose on of the options.

Please participate further in action, because i can not advance the game without decision. The conversation between characters needed and party must have more less one dirrection to follow.

Horoika probably will join only if "Search for the Citadel" is chosen.
Nov 26, 2015 3:16 am
If Nyom can be convinced that she'll be able to keep her weapons then she'll join the search.
Nov 28, 2015 9:17 pm
Message from Jabes:
Quote:
Hi there! I'm sorry to be doing this but I think I'm going to have to drop out of the game. I've stretched myself too thin signing up for too many games (I am currently in more than 20 games here on PbP). It's too bad, because I really liked OOLIN. And you've built a complex nd intriguing world. I've also let Spaceseeker know as this affects T'Jekyll as well.

Thank you so much for teaching me how Numenera works. Maybe when I have more free time I can join one of your games again! :-)
I am quite dissapointed by this, because, such behaviour harms our game (injecting / removing players takes alot of effort and need alot of adjustments)

First of all I think it is wrong approach to sign for games which you can not maintain, but it is always better to adjust the team earlier than later.

Second i want to get advise from the players about solution choices:
Option 1. I will continue to controll OOLIN till party reach Act 3. (It's long way and that will be hard for me / and then i will need to deal with it through plot - and that requires certain effort as well)
Option 2. There will be lethal GM intrusion for OOLIN during the travel. (May be harsh and bad for other Pcs (esp T'Jekyll))
Option 3. I will give controls of OOLIN to T'Jekyll for certain period, when it will be resolved (their relationships are quite complex including latest urge complications, so this is very good for RP, but will require spaceseeker to rule two (1.5) characters for certain period) - this one also could be mixed with solution 1.
Option 4. I retcon and adjust things (I hate retcons, they destroy immersion, but if it will be your preffered solution.... it is possible)

Ty for input.
Btw, for anyone in this game:
If you enjoy - play and be involved, the game will reward this.
If you are busy - there is no problem, i've lowered the pace abit, just come back when you will be more free and be active when you can
If you feel that you will leave the game some day - this will harm the game even more later - then do it now.
I hate to do those adjustments, and i am really dissapointed by reasons like "i signed for something i can not handle".
For me it is simple and plain lack of real, proper appreciation for effort i put into running and creating this game.

Please tell if you prefer any of those solutions. Especially spaceseeker because OOLIN related to T'Jekyll. Pls choose the option you can handle. - by this i mean it's better to pick another option than the controlling OOLIN if you do not have much of time to handle behaviours of both characters for Act 2.

PS. Act 2 will have alot of combat, and some navigation/outdoors survival as you already guessed. Just confirming this - so controlling OOLIN will, mainly , require managing her combat behaviour above everything else for majority of Act 2 sequences.
As she is subjugated / follows T'Jekyll she could automatically agree on everything he say / propose / do.
Nov 29, 2015 7:55 am
BlackStork says:
I have my 5 cents in it. You sign into games and then abandoning them as you can not handle such quantity. I see such attitude as one which lack responsibility and as one which harms games. When I recruited you into my game I were looking for two active and dedicated players. You signed, taking someone's spot but then abandoned reasoning it with too much games you can not handle. This does harm to my game, my game's immersion etc and require from me certain effort to patch it up. It is not joke, sorry bud but from now you are banned from my games for such attitude.
Blackstork, you are right, and I apologize. When I signed up I actually could handle the number of games but my real life situation suddenly changed over this past week. But it doesn't matter, my actions have harmed your game, and again I apologize.

I haven't clicked Leave Game because once I do that I'm not sure if you'll still be able to take control of OOLIN. I don't want to unintentionally deny you that option.
Last edited November 29, 2015 3:28 pm
Nov 29, 2015 3:31 pm
Keleth says:
Currently, if you leave, your characters leave too. You can add your character to the library, someone favorites it, and then they can reference it to use?
OOLIN has always been in the Library. So there you go. Best of luck to all! Thanks!
Nov 30, 2015 11:13 pm
Since the Favorite feature isn't working at the moment, your posting the link is very helpful.

BlackStork, I am willing to play OOLIN if the rest of the group doesn't mind.
Nov 30, 2015 11:28 pm
Sure! Will be completely fair plot wise / story wise, assuming latest occurencies known only to me and you :)
This will be so at least till end of Act 2. Then i have really good idea how i can use her in the plot - in very positive way :)
Nov 30, 2015 11:38 pm
Later i will update some pedias entries on latest information provided by Horoika in her speach to party after the party rest in the appartment.
Dec 1, 2015 1:00 pm
Hmm. Seems Gargoyle is inactive for few days. I will assume controls of Ronna once there will be time for action till he comes back. I hope everything is alright and he comes back soon.
Dec 3, 2015 9:09 pm
Going to post update soon, and will update all pedia entries later today or tomorrow. I still need to put all the stuff Horoika provided.
Dec 8, 2015 4:57 am
Hello - sorry I'm snowed under with work this week. I'll be back in the game on Monday 14th.
Dec 8, 2015 5:45 am
Cool, the game will me leaped to Act 3 and restarted as new as i want to refresh activity and player base.
Thanks for notifying, i appreciate that.
I adding you to new game rooster.
Pls check main post // Pedia updates
Dec 16, 2015 6:39 pm
Hello again - really sorry, work continues to devour me, but I the end is in sight. Hope to be back on board by the weekend.
Dec 16, 2015 7:00 pm
Np mate, i will start new game soon, waiting you there
Dec 19, 2015 3:46 pm
OK, I'm on it. Sorry for my long absence. I'm really fascinated by the Octagon as a setting, and I love the atmosphere you create, including by using the theme music, so I'm looking forward to properly investigating the world you've created :-)
Dec 19, 2015 5:39 pm
Great :) Nice to know and hear. I will annsounse the new game soon. I have some very tight moment in my life now so i am bit busy (switching jobs), once I will have bit more free time (quite soon) i will start the setup)
Dec 21, 2015 12:14 pm
All good. I'm glad this game is continuing, and look forward to the fresh start. Good luck with starting your new job!
Dec 24, 2015 7:29 pm
Thank You!
One more week left, i am just very busy, but the game and bit lore background update coming tomorrow for new game.

All old players - please follow the game invitations and posts around - Tommorow i will put the game up.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.