Game's Discussion

load previous
Jul 13, 2015 4:42 pm
Ok, i wll try to apply to actions done in same turn (also btw Mastigophore defence lvl is 5,, so that would not change anything (making 11 as 12, as Zinobia needed 15 to hit). This have sence. I wont influence turns retroactively (previous turn), though. :)
Jul 13, 2015 4:47 pm
OK, cool. I hadn't realized they were level 5. Tough cookies...
Jul 13, 2015 5:19 pm
harlandski says:
OK, cool. I hadn't realized they were level 5. Tough cookies...
they are lvl 4 creatures, but their defence is lvl 5 and they are extremely tough, and they stun.
Jul 15, 2015 4:36 pm
Hello everyone,

Not sure about the rest of you, but I feel this combat is kind of dragging. I wonder if we can speed things up somehow. We all seem to be doing the same basic actions, and I certainly have no cyphers or other tricks that can help us here, so one option would be for us all just to make a block of 5 rolls or something, and then BlackStork could just summarize the results.

Another option would be to save us, deus ex machina, with some consequence (we don't get the cyphers). Maybe with a GM intrusion - then at least we'd get XP out of this!
Last edited July 15, 2015 4:38 pm
Jul 15, 2015 5:49 pm
Well, about GM intrusion i wont do that. Simply because this is last and "boss-level" really tough fight of Act 1. Which is first introduction, and barely the Octagon Game. It is more test, trial.
The point that the end and victory of this fight will and designed to be the well-earned, hard-fought gain. The prize is big, and it itself means that party will get 2 * XP for whole party (in addition to any numenera party will be able to find), as discovery prize and Act 1 completion prize.
I deisgned Act 1 to be VERY VERY XP intensive already, and this done on puprose to set up each character with 4 XP at start of Act 2 so each one could already start customizing and correcting their builds if they feel they require so.
So after trial and test, which was Act 1, players will be able to take missing abilities or stats or just improve their edges - depending how they felt Act 1 game.
And also party will need the cyphers, and more things they may get from this.

On other side i can speed things abit.
We could make "DOUBLE turns" (or triple) for next rounds, if party agreees.
It could be mess but , well, we can do it, we will need some rules though.
Also let to the party use the knocked down state, This fight is doable, simply the party have 2 characters which could not effectively contribute to the fight. And Party do not have large weapon hitters.
This is plot. Consider this is big boss fight for very valuable prize. This is made on puprose, because this way party learns that it have some weak spots and any experience is valuable.
Jul 20, 2015 8:16 am
As i promised before, Jax is out. If Schauer comes back and will want to continue as dedicated player, we i could "inject" new character in Act 2.
Also if party thinks that they need more one player (for any reasons) we could try to find people and do the same.
for now the game will continue with 4 PC and one ally NPC (Zinobia).
Jul 21, 2015 9:26 am
Ronna found 4 pills. Are these considered 1 cypher or 4, in terms of the number of cyphers she can carry?

EDIT: And how should I classify that neck bracelet? Is it a cypher that has not yet been identified or something else?
Last edited July 21, 2015 9:26 am
Jul 21, 2015 9:39 am
Neck bracelet is numenera-related item, you can threat it as minor artifact or simply numenera-originating equipment piece (as it is something lower than artifact but is not cypher).

4 pills are 4 different indentical cyphers. If any of party members will hold them together it could cause all consequences which could be caused by holding cyhpers in quanity that exceeds "safe" limit.
This means it's better to spread them between party members, some of them recently used cyphers so could hold some extra.
Jul 21, 2015 10:08 pm
Just to make sure I understand. Nyom has yet to climb the bunker, but feels that it would be fairly easy to do so. Correct?
Jul 22, 2015 1:54 am
Not actually, the surface is very even, and the building have very curved, somewhat conical shape, without any extra protrusions one could use in order to climb.
She could reach that hole in the protrusion with her spear though.

Nyom also can just ask Lucas about his vision again.
Jul 31, 2015 6:12 pm
I'm going on holiday/vacation for three weeks in an area with patchy Internet access. I will do my best to post daily, but if you don't hear from me for longer than usual, you know why.

Please don't kill Mandoric if I don't manage to check in for several days! Feel free to use him as an NPC though, following his usual way of approaching things:

* Use seskii to full advantage
* Do his best to understand Numenera (+trained -inability)
* Use his social skills if we actually meet some more human like things
* Make a profit out of any deal
Jul 31, 2015 8:27 pm
Sure thing! Have fun on vacation. If you will be able to post from there just tell me that here so i wont force NPC control over him once turn will be completed by other players.
I will do my best of managing him, thanks for informing :) Cheers
Sep 17, 2015 10:37 am
Dear Players,
we are quite near Act 2 so i asking to be active and not to delay/doubt when you post. Any post will move plot/ensure there is some advance or at least will provide a hint, or check things. Active posting is good.
I making this post becuase i am also going to trip for 2 weeks starting 26.09
In my trip i will be able to connect to net via my phone and make posts, but i prefer to start Act 2 before that as it have to deal with alot of posting, material, pictures and what not - many things i prepared for Act 2 that reside on one of my PCS (and i do not take PCs with me). I wont be able to provide all that from my phone.
So starting Act 2 before my trip would be great. If not, Act 2 transition could happen only when i return from my trip. (One of options you can choose is to delay Act 1 and explore things or if you will be not as active it will be delayed naturally)
Cheers. :)
Sep 18, 2015 8:28 am
Yes, BlackStork, it would be cool if we could move things on. But I know from my own perspective that I've been at a bit of a loss in this place. Mandoric's attempts haven't discovered much of use, and it seems Nyom is the key person here. I went back and read over the thread since we came into this place, and Mandoric's most recent post was the best I could come up with.
Sep 18, 2015 8:53 am
But new attempts may help. Good example that even when angry Nyom passed the ball to Zinobia with short post he rolled nat20 in addition to his specialization which made it as roll enough to beat task of lvl 8 without even accounting of nat20. It solved and made quickly things which otherwise could take more time and could require more actions.
Also if one fail in one direction there are more other directions. "Non-key" person could help to the key person to solve things. Key person having help is better than key person working alone just because she/he is one. Help will net ideas, collaboration roll improvements and sudden advances.
Also, there always more things to try and ways to help. The one that might work is not necessarily obvious or easy to figure. But as I said before, creative approach may solve things in surprising ways.
Sep 18, 2015 11:35 am
harlandski says:
But I know from my own perspective that I've been at a bit of a loss in this place. Mandoric's attempts haven't discovered much of use, and it seems Nyom is the key person here.
We're in trouble then because Nyom is at a loss as well. :-)
Last edited September 18, 2015 11:36 am
Sep 18, 2015 3:25 pm
Thats the good point i want to put your attention on. The key person is not the person who can solve everything - in such case the no balance and total absense of team game, collaboraitve game.
Key person is the person that have the key, but need support and teamwork in order to unlock key's full potential. Keys are also heavy load, heavy burden.
It is some extra burden that such person must carry.
With such burden solving everything for everyone is even more complex task. Instead, with help to carry such burden or to solve it, key person can be much more productive.
Sep 19, 2015 5:48 pm
Fair enough. One question which would be obvious to Mandoric, but isn't for me: Was there a significant above-ground part of this building, wasn't there some sort of spire? For example is it plausible the lift goes up as well as down from ground level?
Sep 19, 2015 5:56 pm
Nope. Outside part is 3 meters high and have curved cone shape, so there nothing above entrance.
Sep 26, 2015 3:48 pm
I'm sorry everyone, but I'm out of ideas and the dice roller hates me this week :-/
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.