Game's Discussion

load previous
Oct 3, 2015 7:00 am
Hey guys I am on trip in China right now. It's hard to communicate and post GM posts esp assuming I spend quite few times in mountain areas.
I'll take small break and will continue GM job after 8.10. Please keep being active after that.
Oct 5, 2015 1:11 am
Oh cool. Where are you in China? I live on the other side of the Tian Shan...

Have a great time! I'm looking forward to entering the Octagon when you get back.
Oct 7, 2015 10:16 pm
I am back. What about activity? Please checkup for activity check. I am very determined to continue so if some players become inactive i will find the way to continue game even with fewer players (or substitutions)

Pls check up for activity check.

PS. I was in Guangzhou (Canton) area and Chaozhou / Fenghuang mountains - Guandong province, now I am returned to my country already.
Oct 13, 2015 8:05 am
OK, that's a looong way away from me!

Sorry I've been inactive. My work schedule has completely changed, but now I think I've found another time each day when I can check in on my games.
Oct 14, 2015 5:15 am
I think Lucas is afk.
What we do?
Can't wait for him. I may eventually find substitution/or just remove his character from the game if he does not return.
Oct 15, 2015 1:47 am
I'm alive but I'm kinda phasing out of the site as things have gotten crazy over here. Feel free to blow me up. But it better be cool, dammit. Jk. Sorry to leave you all hanging. Hope we won!
Oct 15, 2015 4:52 am
O Hey there!~
I would prefer to leave you and have you in game! Pls tell if that possible
Wecant just simply hang game because you are being busy, but if that temporarily we could wait
Oct 15, 2015 5:29 am
Sorry, that's confusing . . . I am leaving the game and the site probably. If you want to run my character as an NPC that's your call. You seem to have been progressing fine without me or at least have been posting with some frequency without my involvement.
Oct 15, 2015 7:43 pm
I found 2 guys who want to join the game to inject more action into it.
I plant to add them as 2 man party addition at start of Act 2.
If you have any objections please speak up, i will be really glad and respectful to hear them. If not, then i will add them at some point. As they said they are very active and determined.
Oct 20, 2015 12:04 am
Fine by me.
Oct 28, 2015 5:41 am
Based on my book keeping, I now have 4 XP. Can I spend them at this point? Pick up a new esotery from the spell of unconsciousness caused by the Numenera.
Oct 28, 2015 5:44 am
Sure thing. Please also check Game rules thread, i posted condenced level up / XP spending guide (Numenerapedia thread). I will appreciate if you will describe it with RP/in-character descriptive post and summarize changes at end of the post with green text
Oct 29, 2015 10:07 am
I only seem to have 3 XP. Is that right, or just bad bookkeeping on my part?
Oct 29, 2015 10:09 am
harlandski says:
I only seem to have 3 XP. Is that right, or just bad bookkeeping on my part?
its ok, Ronna was awarded by others after GM intrusions
Oct 29, 2015 12:38 pm
Ok, did I do that correctly? Specialization lowers task difficulty 2 levels, right? And 1 level of Effort lowers task difficulty another level? But GM does the math, I just roll d20?

Because I spent 1 Effort I'll subtract 3 pts from my Intellect pool. I have 1 Edge in Intellect. How does that affect things?

Thanks!
Oct 29, 2015 12:53 pm
If you state your effort and skill you try to apply you can roll only 1d20, and you did right. (and decreased complexity of the task by 3 levels! Which mean your roll of 11 is sucess for difficulty 6 task).

As for effort you need to supbstract 2 int points from your pool : 3 initial effort cost - 1 edge = 2 pts lost.
Pls substract them from the pool.

Also i want to add somethign general - as you are new players - i use note system very frequently - i pass hidden messages or results which are personal to single characters this way. You can interact with GM this way as well, if you want to make/pass/ do something subtle/hidden from eyes/attention of others.

Sometimes the game is very plain on surface but it have x3 more text within those notes as in bunker sequence with Nyom. And i do that all the time, if there anyone who may know something or can feel something extra.
Oct 30, 2015 3:54 pm
Wanted to say (without any spoilers) that i think this was very good and correct choice for Ronna to take on Mental Link:
1. RP and storywise - player should be feel his character and pick reasons which influenced by mechanics but by story and character personality and his/her (character's) common sense.
2. The compaign, as Numenera as setting itself is full of riddles, and very often even diplomacy game could be very riddling. Great choice on that, because some shortcuts may prevent some violence at times, or to provide subtle communication in order to win stuff.
3. Nice character flavour.
4. Could be very useful with creativity.

I endorse and encourage RP/Plot inspired choices. Wont spoler anything, but some things could be more harder than fights.

PS. Poor Nyom, eveyone attmpting to invade her mind lately :P

PPS I added Mental Link ability and ability costs to Ronna's Character Sheet
Oct 31, 2015 8:49 am
So to fully activate The Ambassador OOLIN needs to input some commands. She's afraid to do this, but it will be easy to convince her as she is naturally curious. Zinobia thinks it will help find his son and he cold be right. At the moment OOLIN and T'jekyll don't know anything about what Zinobia and the others are about. Only Zinobia has actually introduced himself, though Mandoric and Ronna have been friendly. They've stated nothing of their purpose, though based on what little he's said, Zinobia is seeking his son. On the other hand, T'jekyll has given his and OOLIN's names, and has indicated a search for Aeon Priests.
Oct 31, 2015 9:30 am
Blackstork says:
Just character post, to spice up discussion, it's not a turn skip, just GM-led PC action.
Hi! Do we need to take turns or follow some sort of initiative order even when not in combat? I'm sorry if I've been interrupting!
Oct 31, 2015 9:46 am
Normally the simple rule works if i am not stating othewise - 1 post/action per player per one round, and all players turns required in order to advance (i will wait till all do their turns) - thats why it's important to follow game turns and post if you did not .

But this turn was declared as special : Players can do up to 2 posts /actions in one round. In any order. This means you can do one more just now, and next time you will be able to do post is only once i advance the plot as GM and declare new round.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.