Chapter 6: Mantol-Derith

load previous
Oct 20, 2017 2:35 am
Hunter's fingers, so attuned to magic, tingle with the magic of his amulet.

The men look hesitant to obey, at least until Savy walks in and waves them away, "Right away, miss," one of them says with a bow before he disappears.

Savy sighs, "Now, what shall we do with these two?" he asks, indicating the captured drow and gargoyle.
Oct 20, 2017 3:39 am
Hunter looks over at Mai'ngor. "You said she had stolen something?" She looks over the drow prisoner in his grasp.
Oct 20, 2017 11:49 pm
You can all see that she is clutching a large black gem in her hand. When you mention it, she pulls her hand close to her body, "Let me go!" she shouts, renewing her struggles.
Oct 21, 2017 12:09 am
"There's a certain dwarf that's been looking for similar gem," says Hunter. Heading off any protest from the drow, Hunter adds, "Hand it over, or we'll take it from your dead body. Or even better, hold onto it while we take you back to the duergar." The half-elf shrugs. "Honestly, I don't rightly care whether you live or die, as you've made our lives rather difficult with your petty excuse for a dinner party."

As she speaks, Hunter tries to find the clasp and remove the amulet from Ghazrim's neck.
Oct 21, 2017 1:38 am
As I approach and see Ghazrim's condition, I fling the gargoyle aside and drop next to him. "Wake up!"
OOC:
I forgot I had a healing spell. Not sure if it'll still work at this point since it's been a while.

Rolls

Healing Word? - (1d4+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Oct 22, 2017 1:23 am
The drow spits on Hunter, "You are filth! This gem is mine by right and you will not take it from me!"

Xeliss' magic washes over the dead body, knitting some of his wounds up, but she is not able to restore his soul to his body.
Oct 22, 2017 1:42 am
"Is spitting an Underdark custom?" Hunter asks rhetorically as she absently brushes off the globule with Prestidigitation. She seems nonplussed by the physical and verbal insults as she takes Ghazrim's amulet and slips it into her robes.

She rises to her feet and looks the drow prisoner over. Hunter studies the woman's face, sizes up her body and her equipment, and finally says to Mai'ngor, "Fine. Kill her, if you like."
Oct 22, 2017 6:26 am
Meriele looks disapprovingly at Hunter, and then at the captive drow. The archer crosses her arms and states, "I do not imagine I am the only one with questions left to ask, before there are executions."
Oct 22, 2017 6:37 am
Mai'ngor raises an eyebrow at Hunter, but does raise Sinag as if to strike. He watches both the drow and the gargoyle's reactions.
Last edited October 22, 2017 6:38 am

Rolls

Intimidation (advantage, maybe?) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (17) + 2 = 19

1d20+2 : (12) + 2 = 14

Insight - (1d20+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Oct 22, 2017 7:25 am
Hunter has turned away from the captured drow, the prisoner's life now considered insignificant. "What questions?" she asks, not expecting an answer. "She has the gem. Return it to the dwarf and free the gnome. Since she won't willingly give it up, take it from her corpse."

The sorcerer walks over to Melpomene during this, and stands close to the tiefling to pass along an amulet and a whisper. "Take a look at this for me," she mutters, lips barely moving. "There is something arcane about it, and it seemed important to Ghazrim."
Oct 22, 2017 8:09 am
"Such as why she has the gem," Meriele suggests, despite expectation. "If she stole it from Yantha, then why? And why did she bring it here? Why is she willing to lose her life over it?" Once more, Meriele has to shield her eyes from Sinag's light.
Last edited October 22, 2017 8:11 am
Oct 22, 2017 8:37 am
Hunter has the stature and air of someone who does not care for the why. However, she does not interfere with anyone who wishes to sate their curiosity. She waits, impatiently, focused more on Melpomene than the prisoners.
Oct 22, 2017 8:40 am
Meriele instead turns her expectant gaze to the prisoner, assuming she had heard her questions.
Oct 22, 2017 10:22 am
Poe accepts the amulet with a nod, but pauses before beginning her examination. She suggests, "The gem was probably originally stolen to sow conflict between the duergar and svirfneblin. The drow were proposing an alliance to wipe them out in their weakness; it is reasonable to presume they engineered that weakness in the first place."

"However, the behaviour of those in possession of the gem is unusual. Perhaps it is more than a gem. I would suggest avoiding directly touching it."

She turns her attention to the amulet that Hunter passed to her.

She turns her attention to the amulet.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Oct 23, 2017 3:22 am
The drow scowls and shakes her head, "I didn't take it. It was given to me freely," she insists, still struggling against Mai'ngor's grip.

Melpomene examines the amulet and senses a powerful aura of Divination magic around it.

Sarith slips out of the tent, "Going to take a quick look around," he says before disappearing.
Oct 23, 2017 5:29 am
Meriele ponders Poe's suggestion, "Seems awfully convenient for them, unless they planted the gem in the first place. Regardless, I agree, something is off about it." Meriele speaks, crossing her arms. Turning to the Drow, she asks, "Who gave it to you? Why do you want it so badly?"
Oct 23, 2017 6:21 am
Leaving the amulet in Melpomene's hands and the prisoner in Meriele's, Hunter steps to the food-laden table. Absently, she picks up a fork and twirls its tines upon the tabletop as she looks over what passes for Underdark cuisine.
Oct 23, 2017 6:26 am
Mai'ngor catches Elfog's eye and cocks his head in Hunter's direction with a worried look.
Oct 23, 2017 9:36 pm
The drow scowls more deeply, "It was given to me as advance payment for killing that dammed beholder!" she says, then glances at the gargoyle, which hasn't moved at all, "That one there gave it to me."

The gargoyle turns quickly to look at the drow, a look of pain on its face, "No! I gave it to you as a token of my deep love for you, beautiful Kinyel!" it says in a deep raspy voice.

The drow, Kinyel, stares at the gargoyle, a look of clear confusion on her face.

You see a feast of mushrooms in some sort of sauce, what appears to be beef, as well as some surface vegetables put together in a soup.
Oct 23, 2017 10:11 pm
Hunter checks to see what passes for bread in this outpost, but she spares at glance at the beholder to gauge its reaction to the confessed assassination attempt.
load next

Thread locked