Chapter 6: Mantol-Derith

load previous
Oct 24, 2017 2:42 pm
I walk towards Melpomene and look at the amulet. "What is it?"
Oct 24, 2017 9:21 pm
The beholder's reaction is hard to gage, foreign as its mannerisms are. If you had to guess, you'd say that it was unconcerned by the words of the drow.

There is a large loaf of bread, which is covered in oats and seeds. Based on the fact that it's still warm, you'd guess that it's fresh.
Oct 24, 2017 10:23 pm
Hunter picks up the large loaf of bread and conducts her own evaluation. Finally, she looks at the beholder and asks, "What happens now?" She waves the loaf at the bodies of the drow to give context to her question, which isn't intended to take over the group's discussion of gemstones, gargoyles, and amulets.
Oct 24, 2017 11:10 pm
Melpomene shows the amulet to Xeliss, "Ghazrim's amulet. It has a divination magic cast upon it."
Oct 27, 2017 2:04 am
"I do not know," the beholder says, "It seems that this place is ripe for us to expand our influence, so that is what we shall do. For now, it would seem that he is in charge," it finishes, indicating Savy.

Savy pales, "Argh!" he says, frustrated, "Seems like I'm highest on the chain of command, so I will hold this place together while I wait for Ghazrim's replacement."

"For now, let's return the stone and then we can rest," he suggests.
Oct 27, 2017 3:13 am
Hunter nods to Savy, sparing another glance at the beholder to memorize its details. She turns away and walks back to the others, slipping the fork and loaf of bread into her robes, and looks to see what has developed in terms of the gemstone and drow.

Rolls

Sleight of Hand - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Oct 27, 2017 3:23 am
I stare into the amulet and attempt to determine what type of divination magic it contains, and whether it is dangerous.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Oct 27, 2017 9:12 am
"I feel we need to clarify some things about the gem. Could you bring the prisoners?" Meriele asks both Mai'ngor and Xeliss.
OOC:
Thanks for your patience. I should be back to normal now.
Last edited October 27, 2017 9:12 am
Oct 27, 2017 9:19 am
Mai'ngor nods and brings the drow prisoner.
[ +- ] Telepathically to Sinag
Oct 27, 2017 4:03 pm
Hunter asks, "Why? It's obvious that's the gem that the duergar wants returned. How it came to be in her possession is something Krimgol can determine on his own time.

"Mai'ngor implied it himself when he wondered why we were going out of our way to pursue this gem. I thought that resolving this would make it easier to find Ghazrim and get out of here, but obviously my intuition failed and it's turned into a complete waste of time. And now the one man who could give us direction is dead."
Oct 28, 2017 12:51 am
Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Oct 28, 2017 7:04 am
[ +- ] Telepathically to Sinag
Oct 28, 2017 11:28 am
"I believe this is the right choice. I do not lead here, and if there is a disagreement, I will not contest." She explains, "But if it makes no difference, I believe we might glean something that could be of use by keeping them alive for a bit longer."
Oct 28, 2017 4:50 pm
"Fine, ask your questions," says Hunter. She returns to the table and picks up a goblet, giving its contents a sniff to determine what sort of beverage is within.
Oct 29, 2017 1:52 am
Naatkinson sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Hunter can tell that the drink in the goblet is wine. It smells absolutely heavenly.
Oct 29, 2017 7:23 am
Hunter takes a sip, cradling the goblet in her hand as she watches the interrogation from close by.
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
Oct 29, 2017 12:13 pm
"I only meant that we should bring them to our destination, to get to the bottom of this with all participants present."
Oct 29, 2017 12:28 pm
"There is a dark evil here. It festers while we embroil ourselves with these factions and their petty squabbles." Mai'ngor growls.
Oct 29, 2017 5:51 pm
"Then let's get moving," says Hunter. She turns to Savy and says, "We'll be back for that map." Rejoining the others and prodding them towards the duergar compound, Hunter takes another sip from the goblet still in her hand.
Oct 29, 2017 10:41 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
load next

Thread locked