Chapter 6: Mantol-Derith

load previous
Nov 6, 2017 8:02 pm
"Helpless? Hardly," spits Hunter, gasping in breath.
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
Nov 7, 2017 12:47 am
"What's going on?!" Mai'ngor snarls, seeing Hunter in distress and recognizing an arcane duel. Sinag flares to life anew in the tikbalang's hand as he surges forward and slaps at the drow with the flat of the blade.
Last edited November 7, 2017 12:47 am

Rolls

Attack, advantage, nonlethal damage - (1d20+10, 1d20+10, 1d8+7)

1d20+10 : (9) + 10 = 19

1d20+10 : (9) + 10 = 19

1d8+7 : (6) + 7 = 13

Crit damage - (1d8)

(8) = 8

Nov 7, 2017 3:40 am
As Mai'gnor holds the gem aloft, I focus my arcane energy onto it and attempt to negate its dark magics.
OOC:
Attempting to Dispel Magic

Rolls

Dispell roll? - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Nov 7, 2017 10:27 am
Pulling forward her lyre, Melpomene begins to play a soothing melody in a major chord.
OOC:
Casting countercharm...everyone in our party now resistant to being charmed or frightened.
Nov 7, 2017 11:04 am
Meriele watches intently, keeping a bit of a distance.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Nov 7, 2017 2:12 pm
Sinag flares as it strikes the drow. She grunts in pain and then falls limp, unconscious.

Xeliss' spell washes over the gem. She feels a backlash of dark energy wash over her from the gem. She feels drained suddenly and Mai'ngor feels a surge of warmth from the gem in his hand.
OOC:
Xeliss gains a level of exhaustion
Naatkinson sent a note to MoMo
Nov 9, 2017 5:07 am
Hunter slowly straightens, leaning on her staff. She continues to hold the unconscious drow and moves the earthen fist closer towards the duergar enclave. "Let's get this over with," she says, and looks to Mai'ngor to see what the tikbalang decides to do.
Nov 10, 2017 11:24 am
Meriele furrows her brow, briefly looking around at the others before her concerned gaze settles upon Hunter. "Something is not right," she says aloud, firmly, gesturing to the sorceress, "You seem unstable. It is as though you are half here and half elsewhere. Before we continue, I urge you to tell us: What is the matter?"
Nov 10, 2017 2:32 pm
"She's been like that since before we met you." Mai'ngor murmurs to Meriele. "It's that necklace she's wearing. Think nothing of it..for now." The tikbalang walks over to Hunter and gives her the gem. "I still think that should to be destroyed. But if we need it to trade for the gnome's life then do what you must. Then let us leave this accursed place."
Nov 10, 2017 4:25 pm
Hunter removes her green sari-like sash and uses it to cradle the gem, trying as much as possible to avoid touching it with her bare skin. Now clad in her simple white acolyte robes, she says, "Yantha might be Xeliss' fourth cousin for all we know. Besides, once we've settled our agreement and Yantha is in our custody, nothing would hold you back from destroying the gem thereafter." Hunter ignores the references to herself.
Nov 11, 2017 1:35 am
Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
Nov 11, 2017 1:47 am
Meriele does not seem satisfied by the explanation, but has better sense than to press further.
Nov 11, 2017 1:53 am
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson

Rolls

Secret Roll

Nov 11, 2017 2:06 am
Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
Nov 13, 2017 5:12 pm
Hunter slings the gem over her shoulder like a parcel and resumes her approach to the duergar enclave.

"You got her?" she asks of Mai'ngor, referring to the drow being restrained by her earthen hand. Already the rock begins to crumble away as the spell wears off.
Nov 13, 2017 5:23 pm
Hunter dismisses the arcane elemental hand, releasing the drow like a discarded toy. She walks towards the guards.
Nov 13, 2017 11:49 pm
The duergar are ready for you as you approach and signal for the doors to be opened. Once the doors open, you find a very impatient Krimgol waiting with a couple of guards. He sees you enter and storms over, "Did ye find me gem!?" he asks, obviously agitated.
Nov 14, 2017 2:56 am
"Do ye have me gnome?" Hunter asks in reply.
Nov 16, 2017 11:44 pm
Krimgol nods and waves to the guards, who disappear for a moment, "That didn't take ye long," he comments, seeming almost suspicious, "Lucky ye came around when ye did, eh?"
load next

Thread locked