Chapter 6: Mantol-Derith

load previous
Sep 6, 2017 11:25 pm
"I believe so. Likely in the Duergar compound across the cavern," she says sadly, "If she's even still alive..."
Sep 6, 2017 11:56 pm
"This gem," Hunter says to Gabble, picking out that detail, "you've seen it?"
Sep 7, 2017 1:40 am
Gabble nods, "Kind of," she says, "I saw Yantha talking to Krimgol earlier. He handed her a black gem and they were in some sort of deep discussion, but I had other business to attend to here, and so I left them to it," she explains, small hand stroking her smooth chin, deep in her memories.
Sep 7, 2017 11:38 pm
Poe asks softly, "And have you checked your friend's belongings? Whether she took it or it was planted there, if we could find it and return it...that would prevent further bloodshed."
Sep 7, 2017 11:48 pm
While he's till not convinced she can be trusted, Elfog decides to join Meriele as she walks amongst the fallen Duergar.

"Anything good on 'em?" he asks, poking at one of the corpses with his foot.
Sep 8, 2017 2:02 am
"Probably shouldn't have dropped that one. If I knew you were going to loot the bodies..." I look at the mess of blood and guts strewn over the belongings. Those will take some time to clean.
Sep 8, 2017 4:37 am
Hunter gives a nod of acknowledgement at Poe's question, as well as the unspoken request to search Yantha's room.
Sep 8, 2017 5:48 am
With the rest of the contingent securing the perimeter, Mai'ngor dismisses Sinag's blade and sheaths his other kris. He sits quietly and takes a few moments to regather his strength.

Rolls

Second Wind - (1d10+7)

(1) + 7 = 8

Sep 8, 2017 6:49 am
Meriele moves from body to body, first inspecting them with her eyes and then, for a few, checking their pulse or listening for their breath. She nods to Elfog and speaks, "Some things, here or there." Whether or not she actually found anything valuable, it doesn't seem that she collected anything from the corpses.

At a couple of the bodies, Meriele places a hand upon them and speaks a soft word in Drow.
OOC:
Casting Cure Wounds on the two Duergar that are still alive.
Sep 8, 2017 1:11 pm
Gabble nods, "Of course, first thing we did when she was taken," she informs you, "Did searches manually and with magic, just to be sure. Nothing turned up at all. If we could find it, I'd gladly return it to them, just to stop the madness!"

Among the bodies, you find their armor (scale) and weapons (primarily war picks), but you also find one of them was wearing a suit of plate mail sized for a dwarf. Also, you find a total of 117 gp, 141 sp, and 97 cp on the bodies.

Meriele is able to save a couple of the duergar. They are alive, but badly wounded still and unconscious. Sarith stands back and watches Meriele's actions with open suspicion.
Sep 8, 2017 4:12 pm
"Was anyone else involved in this transaction, or was it just between Yantha and Krimgol?" asks Hunter. "Was anyone else there witness to the entire thing?"
Sep 8, 2017 5:20 pm
With narrowed eyes, Mai'ngor watches both Sarith and Meriele.
Sep 8, 2017 6:36 pm
"What do you think you're doing, Drow?"
Sep 8, 2017 7:33 pm
Probably just have to kill 'em again - Elfog thinks as he watches Meriele stabilize a couple of the dying Duergar. He takes a moment to inspect the dwarf-sized plate mail, briefly toying with the idea of putting it to use.

"Just slow me down" he grunts and drops the armor roughly to the ground.
Last edited September 10, 2017 1:59 pm
Sep 10, 2017 8:25 am
Meriele does not loot any of the bodies, leaving any or all of it to the others, should they choose. She examines the two she managed to save (at least for the time being), not responding for a few moments. Eventually, she rises and turns to Xeliss, "I'm giving them a chance." The drow looks over the bodies, "Perhaps you finish them off. Perhaps not. But at least they have a chance."

She adds, "You could speak to them, as well. Maybe learn something useful."
Sep 10, 2017 2:01 pm
As the duergar Meriele is treating begin to regain consciousness, Mai'ngor rises to his feet and sets Sinag blazing sunlight across the area once more. He points the radiant kris down at the creatures and calls out a command to no one in particular, "Disarm them, or I'll strike them down again!"
Sep 10, 2017 2:10 pm
"Already been done" Eflog says, motioning to the pile of equipment he's gathered in the corner. "They ain't no threat for now."
Sep 10, 2017 2:40 pm
Mai'ngor nods to Elfog and remains guarring the door, weapons drawn.
OOC:
From here can he hear the conversation within?
Sep 10, 2017 5:11 pm
"So far as I know, it was just the two of them," Gabble responds, "And I can't be sure if any witnessed it all, but it's considered bad form to spy on someone else's dealings."
OOC:
You can probably hear the conversation from where you are
Sarith watches the duergar bodies for a minute, thinking, "Perhaps we should restrain them somehow. Last thing we need is for them to wake up and turn invisible on us," he says.
Sep 10, 2017 8:19 pm
Meriele winces against Sinag's light. It is obviously offensive and irritating, but she does not offer complaint. Shading her eye with her arm, she grimaces a moment before expressing to Sarith, "Be my guest."
Last edited September 15, 2017 6:57 am
load next

Thread locked