Story Commentary

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Aug 25, 2015 5:09 am
Oops, I'm sorry, I misunderstood! Thought Lia was with us. Will edit my post. And if it's all the same, will use the bossy post. Good points, harlandski! Thanks!

I wish I could take credit for the description of the Starshadow blade, but that's the official description :-)
Sep 9, 2015 7:07 am
ShadowFire says:
Down the creaking wooden stairs are stacks of cramped cages containing birds, rats and snakes. The light of the sky bathes your immediate area in soft light, with breathing and squawking coming from the surrounding darkness.
(Let me know if any of you stay upstairs)
Asterion's intent is to have Uhlskah scout ahead a little then (because he seems the most stealthy of the group) then come back and bring everyone down there if there's any exploring to be done. But if the other PC's have any other ideas then I guess we're in for some roleplay :-)
Sep 13, 2015 3:53 pm
Wow, this cellar has been producing some really pathetic dice rolls! :-D
Sep 15, 2015 1:45 am
ShadowFire says:

(Uhlskah, does that mean your allies are also unaffected or is their line of sight blocked?)
Edit: because having come down the stairs they would be adjacent to you.
Everyone's line of sight is blocked except Uhlskah's. But it only lasts until Uhlskah's next turn. He's done it to buy himself a little time to recover, and maybe turn the surprise attack tables on the eyes in the darkness.
Sep 16, 2015 10:18 pm
"OOC: Ummm, I attack the darkness?" Lols!
Sep 17, 2015 7:21 pm
-Ravastine your AC is 20? Just making sure I'm reading these weirdly formatted sheets right.

-Can you guys see the result when I hide the roll and dice?
Sep 17, 2015 7:22 pm
Correct, 20... and I can't see the results of your rolls.
Sep 17, 2015 7:24 pm
I can't see the results either. Are the 4e character sheets still buggy or have they been fixed? I still have my entire character crammed into the Notes box.
Sep 17, 2015 10:29 pm
So Ravastine didn't get hit either time.
Sep 18, 2015 8:33 am
Did anyone bloody the wolf? Uhlskah has a power which boosts an ally when that ally reduces an enemy to 0 HP (obviously not the case), or bloodies an enemy (maybe the case from your description, ShadowFire).
Sep 18, 2015 2:36 pm
Yes, the wolf is, just barely, bloodied.
Sep 19, 2015 1:16 am
So I take it it was Asterion who bloodied the wolf? Shame, as Ravastine probably needs the HP more right now (My power grants temporary HP to the ally who bloodied an enemy).
Sep 19, 2015 2:13 am
Yes it was Asterion
Sep 20, 2015 5:31 pm
This is my very first 4E combat so please bear with me.

Asterion wields the Starshadow Blade, a magical weapon granted to him by his pact.
Quote:
Starshadow Blade
Weapon Category: One-handed military melee weapon ✦ Weapon Group: Heavy Blade
Proficiency Bonus: +3 ✦ Damage: 1d10
This round Asterion activates the encounter power Wield the Warp:
Quote:
Wield the Warp
Encounter Standard Melee ✦ Arcane, Implement, Psychic, Radiant, Teleportation, Weapon
Target: One creature
Requirement: You must use this power with your Starshadow Blade.
Attack: Charisma vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d10 + Charisma modifier psychic & radiant damage, and you teleport the target to another square adjacent to you.
It has both the Implement and Weapon tags, so both of Asterion's feats (Rod Expertise and Heavy blade Expertise) come into play.

So here is my attack roll calculation:
Wield the Warp: 1d20 + Cha (4) + Heavy Blade Expertise (1) + Rod Expertise (1) = 1d20+6

Should I have also added the weapon's proficiency bonus to (+3) that?

From his previous action (Eyebite) Asterion is invisible to the creature when he makes the attack. What bonuses, if any, does this grant to this attack?
Sep 21, 2015 1:06 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
This is my very first 4E combat so please bear with me.
Same here: Surprisingly complex for 1st level, huh? At least with play by post we can figure it all out without slowing the game down too much :-D
Sep 21, 2015 1:55 am
Yeah, I find the 4e PHB confusing, too. Double checked everything and I've been shorting myself on attack bonuses a bit. Took awhile to figure out what was right.
Sep 22, 2015 1:59 am
Qralloq, how's Ravastine's Heal skill? I'm not sure how bad things are for Kirrian, but maybe Ravastine could stabilize him, or grant him another saving throw against the poison? Uhlskah could try using his skill versatility, but as we've all seen Wisdom isn't Uhlskah's strongest card :-/
Sep 22, 2015 2:30 am
Oops I forgot - Kirrian is foolsmask's character, and foolsmask has left the site for now:http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/948/
Sep 22, 2015 3:32 am
Ravastine doesn't have the Heal skill, and only +1 Wis.
Sep 22, 2015 5:01 am
harlandski says:
Oops I forgot - Kirrian is foolsmask's character, and foolsmask has left the site for now:http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/948/
Yeah, my post was purely roleplay. I was wondering why you guys were burning slots. I thought, "Well, kudos to them for full commitment to roleplay! We all know Kirrian is dying anyway." :-D

Then again, who knows, Shadowfire might keep Kirrian as an NPC!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.