Story Commentary

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 8, 2015 6:33 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
"...and why I shouldn't consider you a suspect."
Duhn, Duhn. Duhn!
Jun 8, 2015 11:35 pm
That's not suspicious at all. Doubt everyone!
Jun 9, 2015 1:32 am
Asterion is just being a hard-ass hehe! Yeah he can sometimes be paranoid as f**k but no, he doesn't really believe Ulskah is involved :-D
Jun 9, 2015 8:58 pm
Asterion has just suggested splitting up the party! Dun dun duuuuuuuuun! :-D
Jun 9, 2015 9:10 pm
Rule 1: Don't split the party.
Rule 2: NEVER split the party!
;)
Jun 9, 2015 9:22 pm
ShadowFire says:
Rule 1: Don't split the party.
Rule 2: NEVER split the party!
;)
I know, right?! :-D
Jun 12, 2015 4:21 am
"Sometimes, the best hiding place is in plain sight." - the weird scientist guy from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Movie...
the original original movie, not that Michael Bay mess.

Haha...I'm out stealth-ing the stealthy guy!
Jun 21, 2015 5:29 pm
Asterion is pacing back and forth back at the temple, wishing Rynekel would wake up already so he can send him home and not have to deal with the damn parents. XD But don't cut to us yet, I am quite enjoying Kirriand and Uhlskah's scene :-)
Last edited June 21, 2015 6:54 pm
Jun 22, 2015 4:59 pm
Before I post Asterion's reply to Lord Rynekel I'd like to know:

What is the public's perception of the Rynekel family in general, and of Lord Istraud in particular? Is he kind? Corrupt? Just? Popular?

Fox and Keleem are pretty much equal in station. What is their opinion of each other, if any? How about the public? One of the common folk asked "Is he going to be alright?" Is Keleem well-liked among the public so that comment is to be expected, or is that something unusual that would alert a good detective?
Jun 22, 2015 5:52 pm
He is lawful and Just. Which can make him seem unkind/not merciful. His voice on the council represents law, order, stability, not making changes to the statues quo or bringing in new ideas. The Rynkekel family is the smallest of the ruling families, containing only three people. If Keleem dies, Istraud has no heir. The lord and Lady are older and there are whispers/gossip that the lady is now barren.
Keleem is unmarried and seems to have had the creative and adventuring spirit exhausted out of him. From fighting and loosing a war-of-wills his father. He is generally liked but not strongly loved. Most of the common people don't want to stick out in eyes of the nobles. Their wrath can at least stop them from making any income.
Jun 26, 2015 5:55 am
Argh what a sucky diplomacy roll for Asterion!

Qralloq, not only did did you roll really well for Ravastine, but that was also beautifully roleplayed! Kudos! :-)
Jul 17, 2015 3:24 am
Qralloq says:
Anticipating some unease from the boy, Ravastine will attempt to provide a comforting presence during Asterion's onslaught of questions.

OOC: wearing plate armour gives me a bonus on talking to boy children, doesn't it? ;-)
LOL! How old is Keleem exactly? I thought he and Fox might be of the same age but I realize that was never specified. If Keleem is any age past than puberty then yeah a beautiful half-elf in armor would have his total attention haha!
Jul 20, 2015 5:45 pm
Hi, I'm back. Sorry about that.

Keleem is an approximate 17.
Jul 31, 2015 6:10 pm
I'm going on holiday/vacation for three weeks in an area with patchy Internet access. I will do my best to post frequently, but if you don't hear from me for longer than usual, you know why.

If I go completely missing, feel free to play Uhlskah as an NPC following his established modus operandi:
* Investigate mysteries, not necessarily keeping to the rules
* Use force of personality to overcome social obstacles
* Back up the team in combat with his Bard abilities
Aug 22, 2015 4:05 pm
Ya, I keep thinking I can't skip time when when narrating. So I spend forever trying to figure out how to write several paragraphs for short journeys between places or scenes. It's my flaw. I'm working on it.
Aug 22, 2015 4:24 pm
I think it's cool that you're so concerned with the quality of your writing - motivates me to think harder about my posts too. But yeah, cut scenes are fine in my book.
Aug 24, 2015 6:14 am
Quote:
"Someone cover the rear exit, and someone protect the girl." Asterion says sharply, without indicating which of his companions should apply themselves to which task.
As a Kubi, Asterion would have said, "Master Kirrian, take your people and cover the rear exit. Uhlskah, you're with them. Ravastine, with me, but protect the girl." but as a player I don't want to spoil anyone's fun by being so bossy :-)
Aug 24, 2015 5:40 pm
I can't speak for everyone else, but I think it's OK for Asterion to be bossy - it moves the game along, and there's nothing to stop us disobeying or liberally interpreting the Kubi's orders. From my experience of playing other games here, group decision-making can slow things down a lot, so having a 'leader' character might be a boon.

But one little point of order: Is Lia - the girl - with us? I thought we took directions from her and left her at the temple?
Aug 24, 2015 10:11 pm
Yes. You left her at the temple.
Aug 24, 2015 10:16 pm
I absolutely love your description of your weapon, Asterion.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.