Adventure Thread - Atarin's Delve

load previous
Nov 5, 2015 7:44 pm
"Very good. Now about that instrument, dear...where did you find that?" Atarin asks Herja.
Nov 5, 2015 10:45 pm
"Back there, behind a secret door, along with a book and a silver statue." I had a feeling it might be important. Herja hands the flute to Atarin.

OOC: Does anyone need healing? Doesn't sound like we're catching breath.
Last edited November 6, 2015 6:38 am
Nov 6, 2015 4:01 am
(OOC: No I don't think we are...)
Nov 6, 2015 4:41 am
occ - you guys found a secret door, behind which was a book, the instrument and a silver statue which you left there
Nov 6, 2015 10:12 am
"There's something I have to tell you, friends. Maybe I'm scared and it's just my mind playing tricks on me, but...
...well, In the room where we found Atarin there was a mural depicting some cultists of the water godess and one of them... looked like the strange water zombie we fought earlier... but what is more disturbing... I could also recognize the faces of Lord Delmar and his companions..."
Nov 6, 2015 1:43 pm
Atarin chuckles "I believe a group of nobles found this cavern several decades ago and converted the catha deity into their own sex goddess - giving her a human face. I don't know why they abandoned it or why they are so opposed to me and my team digging here."
Nov 6, 2015 1:57 pm
Answering while still making their way to the ruined estate.

"Well, considering we found said nobles barricaded in a room and dehydrated, I can only assume they abandoned it because the cult backfired on them?"
Nov 6, 2015 6:27 pm
"They had been pestering me and my interns for two weeks. That's why I called for Adventurer's Guild help. They would attack my camp, scaring some of the young men. When the cathla attacked, we at first mistook them for more cultists, but whereas the cultists were just trying to scare us, the cathla were out for our blood. They slew my entire staff. Sent both cultist and archaeologist running. For some reason, the cathla are trying to capture me alive." the old man offers up while trying to keep up with the others.
Nov 6, 2015 11:04 pm
"That is odd indeed. Do you have any idea why they would want you alive? Perhaps you found something they want?"
Nov 7, 2015 1:39 am
"We had just began excavating the cavern before the burial chamber. We had found petrified cathla - we suspected they were victims of transmutative magics - something that had turned them to stone....I washed the statues and we were beset with them"

You make it to the mausoleum exit
Nov 7, 2015 4:30 am
"Yeah, we saw those. We briefly mistook them for live ones... Truly life-like... Well, now we must decide what we do. We should probably think of heading back with Atarin in tow, make our report to the Adventurere's Guild and Atarin to the authorities, but then there is the possibilities there might still be more survivors hidden somewhere in the cave, like that old crazy man we found..."
Nov 7, 2015 4:41 am
"I'm sure our good patron wouldn't be opposed to us asking Lord Delmar a few, pointed, questions before we head back to the guild." Bart grins and absentmindedly fondles Gertrude's blade, drawing drawing a small line of blood on his hand and drawing him out of his momentary daze.
Nov 7, 2015 1:32 pm
"Lord Delmar is a respected noble whose influence extends to Praern. I ask that we head back to the city and allow me to bring my findings to the Archaeologist Guild. I can also authorize your payment. Hopefully, my guild will approve a new group of interns and pay you for guard services."
Nov 7, 2015 3:22 pm
"Indeed, if you wish to continue your dig, you'll need some guards... But anyways, wouldn't this frescoe fo Lord Delmar in the caves help in implicating him in that mess?"
Nov 8, 2015 2:38 am
"I defer to your judgement, but I, quite frankly, could use a hot meal, cold pint and a warm bed." Atarin says to Esteber. He turns to Herja "If you recall where you found this flute, I would like to investigate there, I think I am nearly done in this cavern system and that you found this where I had missed it...very promising..."
Nov 9, 2015 4:16 am
"So, is it back to Praern then? Investigating that room now might mean another tussle with the Cathla, as thirsty as Gertrude is, it might be a good idea to rest up first."
Nov 9, 2015 4:43 am
"Praern it is. I'm afraid we can't offer you much of a meal Atarin. We only have trail rations, and we can use water here for obvious reasons..."
Nov 9, 2015 4:54 pm
The group makes its way out of the caverns and up through the mausoleum without issue. The walk home is as uneventful. When the group no longer sees the loch, tensions relax. Soon you happen upon an community well and are able to fill your waterskins and take rest, drinking some much needed water. Atarin gets a drink and also washes his face, combs his hair and starts looking a bit more academic.

You walk at a pace that suits the old man, guarding his way back to Praern. Once in town he pays you each 10gp - "Let's say it's a week earned. Now I assume you have to report to the Adventurer's Guild and tithe your findings - perhaps you found gold in that place that my team could not?" - he smiles, in reference to the flute. Please, take this - he palms Herja another 10 gold coins. Get a hot meal and a room in White Oak Square, it's a district of Praern that I find pleasant. It's mostly shops and cobblers - get yourself a pair of new boots! There's a great tavern there, the Gray Mule.

It will take me a few weeks to work out what happens next in regard to the Cathla den. I will look for you if I am allowed to return there, if you still need the work! Fairwell for now, at least, and thank you for rescuing me!"
'
Nov 10, 2015 12:35 am
Esteber will head to the Adventurer's Guild to make his report about the attacked camp, the caves, the Cathla, the rescued nobles, the crazy guy who ran away, etc. Once this is done, he'll give Bart Gertrude 1.0 back and head off for some shopping, upgrade his equipment.
Nov 10, 2015 4:05 am
Herja will join Esteber at the guild, pay back the amount advanced to her (5 tokens) and the tithe (1 gold), get a meal and a bath.
Last edited November 10, 2015 4:10 am
load next

Thread locked