New Blood!

Jun 11, 2015 1:54 am
I'm familiar with FaD and don't have access to EotE book. So, I'll need some help chugging through this. My plan is to pick a specialization, species and lay down some story and theme then let the community/GM build the crunch to go with it. Sound good?

So, my first question, what do we have so far? I don't want to step on anyone's toes and so I don't want to pick a specialization that's already covered. If I read the request correctly, your missing a Pilot (so Smuggler was it?). I'm also partway inclined towards Force Sensitive Exile, if only because the FaD game I was involved in seems to have lost its GM before it really got started and I was all primed for some Force action.

I'm open to comments thoughts and suggestions! Really I'm just keen to actually try out this cool looking system!
Jun 11, 2015 5:58 pm
Hey Candi! Have a look through the other character threads for builds built so far. My dude, Wuc'vulog, is a Twi'lek doctor.
Jun 11, 2015 6:26 pm
Togruta Force-using thief here!

And welcome!
Last edited June 11, 2015 6:27 pm
Jun 11, 2015 10:19 pm
For skills the biggest holes I know of is Piloting (Space), Computers, and maybe Leadership. I think Thrakazog was intending to play a Gank Slicer (which is cool), but we'll see soon enough.

At this point, the crew is a ragtag bunch and just about any character you make they'll probably fit in.
Jun 11, 2015 10:42 pm
One thing to keep in mind is that this isn't D&D: there is no "needed" class/race/etc. We don't need a pilot spec to have a decent piloting skill—we just won't have all the fancy talents.

Also, I have faith in our GM that Rust won't throw stuff at us we have no way of handling.
Jun 11, 2015 10:53 pm
I more concerned about competing with anoth character over specialization (and so taking away something that makes a character special) than I am about covering bases ;)

Since I don't have the book, the force exile doesn't seem to be a carrer. So I take it that it is an "multi class" option you spec into with xp?
Jun 11, 2015 11:14 pm
Candi says:
Since I don't have the book, the force exile doesn't seem to be a carrer. So I take it that it is an "multi class" option you spec into with xp?
Correct, it is a "Universal Specialization" that you can buy. It's pretty handy for making a character who just has that edge no one can explain, especially with a few of the talents that let you add boosts or remove setbacks.
EldritchFire says:
Also, I have faith in our GM that Rust won't throw stuff at us we have no way of handling.
Yeah, I hate that. There's always a way out in anything I throw at you guys. So yeah, pick the career and specialization you think is a good fit for the character you want to play. Even if you start with the same specialization or career, as your characters gain XP you'll branch into distinct secondary specializations for certain.

Now that I think about it, we have no bounty hunters or explorers in our party (or a technician yet, for that matter).
Jun 11, 2015 11:27 pm
I think that document you shared is missing the Bounty Hunter carreer information (it starts at the Assassin Specialization).
Jun 11, 2015 11:49 pm
That's because the Bounty Hunter hasn't had an extra book for things like extra specializations, and special talent trees.

Career Skills: Athletics, Brawl, Perception, Piloting (Planetary), Piloting (Space), Ranged (Heavy), Streetwise, Vigilance
Jun 12, 2015 12:23 am
Poor Bounty Hunter!

Reading through Explorer, Archeologist, Driver and Scout all caught my eye. I'm not sure how multi-speccing works at the end of the day, but I think an Archeologist core with a plan to dabble in a bit of Driver (and Force Exile to get a good bit of uncanny luck) might develop into a nice, down-on-her-luck Indiana Jones-inspired fortune seeker :)
Last edited June 12, 2015 12:23 am
Jun 12, 2015 12:52 am
Buying a spec "in career" is 10xp * the number of specs you'll have. Therefore, buying Driver is 20xp (10xp * 2). There's a 10xp surcharge on out-of-career specs, except universal specs like Force Exile. So buying something like Scoundrel would be 10xp + 10xp x 2. (Or 10xp * 3)
Jun 12, 2015 1:01 am
Ok so to eventually get Driver and Force Exile it would be 50 XP. Cool. I get it :)

Oh, Piloting (Space) is an Explorer career skill. So that can cover that. I'll then specialize as an Archeologist with plans to spec into Force Exile first (aiming to get a bit of mechanics to support an "uncanny lucky" image; maybe even get Sense as well) and eventually Driver or Scout depending on how the game has progressed and the character developed.

How much XP for creation? And, what species options would be good for this career? (remembering that the rough-and-ready inspiration here is a downtrodden-Indiana-Jones)
Last edited June 12, 2015 1:02 am
Jun 12, 2015 1:14 am
XP depends upon the species you pick, but it's typically 90 - 110xp. You can buy up to 10xp more by taking extra obligation.

Knowledge skills are all based on Intellect, but the only species I know of with 3 starting intellect (if that's what you want) is in FaD (Cerean?) but doesn't have the greatest race bonus. I'm really not sure what the best race for her would be, especially since I don't have any supplements to state what races like Duros, Chiss, etc, get (they're in the explorer book I think).

What do you guys think?
Jun 12, 2015 1:18 am
Piloting (Space), Cool, Perception, Knowledge (Outer Rim), Knowledge (Lore), Athletics and Discipline are skills from the Career skills list that I am considering (and I'll definitely take Well Rounded to make 2 skills of my choice Career skills -- at least one of which will probably be a combat skill... probably a melee one too looking at the Specialization tree). So what's that aiming towards, Intellect / Agility (if there is an Agility based melee skill?)?
Jun 12, 2015 1:39 am
Melee is strictly strength based, only the FaD classes add talents that enable other characteristics to be used in melee (and then only with 'sabers). So probably Strength if you want melee, or Agility if you want blasters.
Jun 12, 2015 2:05 am
Definitely melee given the career tree
Jun 12, 2015 2:44 am
Wookie, Trandoshan, or Nautolan start w/3 Brawn. And I think the first 2 are better suited to an Archaeologist. Wookies do get a rage "trait" from their species so when they're hurt they deal more damage via melee/brawl. But Wookies start with 1 rank in brawl, and Trandoshans have claws that deal extra brawl damage.
Jun 12, 2015 3:13 am
I'm thinking the brawl angle will be secondary. What species are there in eote? (Last time i choose by looks and lore)
Jun 12, 2015 12:11 pm
Humans (same as FaD)
Twi'lek (again, same)

Bothan

BRA 1
AGI 2
INT 2
CUN 3
WIL 2
PRE 2

WT: 10 + BRA
ST: 11 + WIL
XP: 100

Starts with 1 rank in Streetwise, and a free rank in the Convincing Demeanor talent.

Gand

BRA 2
AGI 2
INT 2
CUN 2
WIL 3
PRE 1

ST: 10 + WIL

Starts with 1 rank in Discipline.

Choice of ammonia breathers w/lungs which gives a starting respirator, or a non-breather w/o lungs. Picking ammonia breather grants that ordinary atmosphere is toxic to the Gand, hence the respirator, while granting +10xp.

Rodian

BRA 2
AGI 3
INT 2
CUN 2
WIL 1
PRE 2

ST: 10 + WIL

Begin play with 1 free rank of Survival and 1 free rank of the Expert Tracker talent.

Trandoshan

BRA 3
AGI 1
INT 2
CUN 2
WIL 2
PRE 2

WT: 12 + BRA
ST: 9 + WIL
XP: 90

Begin play with 1 free rank in Perception. Regeneration ability enables rest to heal more wound points, can also regrow lost limbs. Has claws that deal +1 damage and have a crit rating of 3 when brawling.

Wookie

BRA 3
AGI 2
INT 2
CUN 2
WIL 1
PRE 2

WT: 14 + BRA
ST: 8 + WIL
XP: 90

Begin play with 1 rank in Brawl. Can go into rage when it has taken any wounds, deal +1 damage with Brawl and Melee attacks; when critically injured this increases to +2 damage.
Jun 12, 2015 12:40 pm
Totally Rodian because I found this

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130820195709/starwars/images/0/04/Rodian_Fringer_Explorer.jpg
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.