New Blood!

load previous
Jun 12, 2015 12:42 pm
Hi People! Glad to be here. I'm running a monthly in-person EoTE game so I'm happy to be able to try my hand at running a PC.
And yes, ever since I picked up Lords of Nal hutta, I've had this idea for a Gank that wasn't all "shooty-shooty-stabby-stabby" all the time. So I figured using the cybernetics options would make for a pretty awesome Slicer.
Do any of you use OggDude's character generator? It is awesome and saves me so much time.
Candi, since you don't have the books, it could help you make a legit character that fits in the rules in under 15 minutes. Of course, it might take longer once you get to tweaking things...my point is that its super super easy.
OggDude's Character Generator
If you guys aren't familiar with it, I'm happy to help out.

Rusted, I should have my PC posted later today for you to weigh in on.
Jun 12, 2015 1:02 pm
Unfortunately all of the machines i have access to are Macs :s
Jun 12, 2015 1:15 pm
Candi says:
Oh...uh...nevermind :/

Rolls

Computers Roll to add Windows to Mac

4 Success, 3 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 4 Success

Jun 12, 2015 1:59 pm
Candi says:
Ditto. As I work for Apple, my entire house is Apple-Powered! lol
Jun 12, 2015 2:31 pm
So back to plan B, community effort ;)

So, I've got Rodian explorer spec. Archaeologist. In force and destiny you got to pick a subset of your career skills to receive a free rank in, is that the same here and if so how many? Also, of the skills I listed on the previous page can some one let me know what attribute they are each tied to? I'm also accepting suggestions for what second skill to make a career skill with my 5xp talent (skill one is brawl).
Jun 12, 2015 3:54 pm
You get free ranks in 4 different career skills, and free ranks in 2 different specialization skills. You can reference the Skills chapter in FaD to see a table of Skill/Characteristic relationships, the only difference I know of is the addition of the Lightsaber skill (which is purposefully omitted from EotE).
Jun 12, 2015 3:56 pm
Career skills for Explorer are: Astrogation, Cool, Lore, Outer Rim, Perception, Piloting-Space, Survival and Xenology
Specialization skills for Archaeologist are: Athletics, Discipline, Education and Lore
Jun 12, 2015 4:04 pm
You get one free rank in four of your career skills, and one free rank in two of your specialization skills.

As for what skill is linked to which characteristic (not attribute), check out the character sheet. It's only missing the Lightsaber (Br) combat skill.
Jun 12, 2015 4:07 pm
You're all awesome :)

Sounds like everything else works just like FaD (and that as far as spending XP goes, having access to the talent trees is all I really need from the book - and I've got those from the reference Rust shared already).
Jun 13, 2015 3:57 pm
Yup, but we also need to choose an obligation for your character. The value starts at 5, but you can increase it to gain either more credits or XP. I'll have to work on typing up a list of obligations, unless you want me to roll one and see what you get.
Jun 13, 2015 6:40 pm
Roll one, see what I get!
Jun 13, 2015 8:17 pm
Just playing around, here's an option (assuming I calculated everything right that is):

Skills Rank 1: Athletics, Cool, Perception, Piloting (Space), Survival, Lore, Outer Rim

100 XP -
Intellect +1 to 3 (30XP)
Presence +1 to 3 (30XP) (could also be Cunning, or neither)

Talent - Grit (5XP)
Talent - Researcher (5XP)

Specialization: Force Exile (20 XP)
Talent - Intense Focus (10XP)

Immediate Future Plans -- use 5 XP to grab Well Rounded Talent (add 2 career skills). If I took Presence add Charm and Leadership as Career skills and grab ranks, if I took Cunning add Skullduggery and Streetwise and grab ranks
Last edited June 13, 2015 8:19 pm
Jun 13, 2015 9:29 pm
I believe that Well Rounded doesn't grant 2 ranks, but marks those skills career. At that cost, you could buy the talent and a rank in one of the two skills you mentioned.

For obligation I rolled Bounty. So with +10 obligation for +10xp, that nets you 15 obligation for Bounty. That's a pretty hefty bounty, probably Han-grade.

Rolls

Obligation - (1d100)

(25) = 25

Jun 13, 2015 9:37 pm
Well Rounded doesn't grant ranks, you are right. That was a statement of "next time I get XP, this is where I spend it!" Unless you were saying the XP from my newly rolled Obligation will be enough to grab Well Rounded and 1 Rank in one of the two skills I pick.

That said, given that I have 10 more starting XP, I'm inclined to take Sense, actually (which is part of the reason I wanted Force Exile. I'm going to eventually grab the "luck" talents, but I wanted access to Sense).

I love the obligation! That I have such a bounty will be a good reason to join up with the first ship that the crew will let me fly it. Gotta keep them hunters on their toes. EDIT: It also tells me I want to go the Streetwise route and ride on the 'black' side of the grey line of the law.

Also, every time I've sat down to make a character in this system, I can't help but get the feeling that it takes effort to make a terrible character. That's definitely a strength of the system I think.
Last edited June 13, 2015 9:38 pm
Jun 13, 2015 10:09 pm
Correct, you can opt as follows:

+5 — 1,000 Credits
+10 — 2,500 Credits

+5, +10 — for XP at 1:1

So yes, if you want 110xp to start you just start with 5 (base) + 10 (bonus) obligation. Truth be told, everyone's nearing the end of this session and the beginning of the next. So it won't be long before I grant everyone some XP.
Jun 13, 2015 10:26 pm
That is a sweet looking Rodian!
Jun 13, 2015 10:50 pm
Oh yeah, spending money on stuff. How many starting credits do we get?
Jun 13, 2015 10:57 pm
Your budget is 500 credits. Most of the gear from FaD applies too, except the lightsabers.
Jun 15, 2015 1:48 pm
I need some advice now -- I just don't know what to do with my Obligation bonus! Here are my thoughts (note that I'm only using FaD Equipment because that's the only book I have):

Options:
+10 XP
Take the Sense Force Power

+5 XP and + 1000 Credits
Take Well Rounded
+ Padded Armor (500 Credits)
+ Light Blaster Pistol (300 Credits)
+ Misc Tools (remaining credits)

+2500 credits
+ Armored Clothing (1000 credits)
++ Mod that provides protection against stamina drain (500 credits)
+ Light Blaster Pistol (300 Credits)
+ More Tools than I can dream of ever needing
Jun 15, 2015 2:58 pm
It's a tough choice. I would either go for the 10 XP or the 5 XP and a 1000CR. For 500CR you can get Excavator's Precision Toolkit for 500. It's essentially a large case with all the tools an Archaeologist would need. It's pretty heavy at 5 Enc, so its probably not something you'd want to leave on a ship instead of lug around.

With that being said, maybe you don't have your own tools and you are looking to take any kind of work so you can save up some creds to buy your own tools and fund your own expedition? With the base 500CR you could still the light blaster pistol and some Heavy Clothing.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.