LMoP game thread

load previous
Jul 29, 2015 10:41 pm
http://tbx.me/6Piy.png
Medve knocks the goblin clean out. Shane doesn't have enough movement to flank, and loses balance as he runs around Travok.
Salix: 23
Gob 2 (barely injured): 21
Medve: 15
Shane: 13
Temerity: 8
Travok: 4
Aug 1, 2015 1:49 am
Temerity only needs to see the little green goblin to send mocking words it's way. So he moved to where he was in range and sight and let his mockery loose. "Foul little creature, you were never strong enough to win!.". (Vicious mockery: Wis save DC 13..failure also = disadvantage on its next attack...if it somehow lives that long)

Rolls

Vicious Mockery Damage (if it hits) - (1d4)

(2) = 2

Aug 1, 2015 7:45 am
The goblin is perturbed...and bends over, weeping

Rolls

Goblin save - (1d20-1)

(10) - 1 = 9

Aug 4, 2015 4:37 pm
"TORM guide this implement, and let it strike down the enemies of justice!!!!" Travok will bring his hammer down on the weeping goblin, unmoved by the pathetic monster's plight.
Last edited August 4, 2015 4:37 pm

Rolls

Attack! - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Damage w/warhammer - (1d8+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Aug 4, 2015 6:06 pm
Torm's might comes down upon the cowering creature.

All characters gain 20 EXP

The guards are finished, and no-one seems to have heard the racket. The dark cave is empty inside (for those with darkvision), and the music of the stream seems to be amplified by the long, hollow cave, which happens to stretch back as far as you can see. There is also an opening on the right side, just a few feet past the cave mouth, connected to the narrow path which is the only section of dry land entering the cave.
Aug 9, 2015 8:05 pm
"I'm going to take another look", Medve says to the others as he works his way back into the cave. This time he decides to follow the path to the right and will slowly make his way about 20' along before stopping to take a peek around.

Rolls

Perception [+4] - (1d20+4)

(17) + 4 = 21

Aug 10, 2015 11:13 am
Just inside the cave mouth, a few uneven stone steps lead up to a small, dank chamber on the east side of the passage. The cave narrows to a steep fissure at the far end, and is filled with the stench of animals. Savage snarls and the sounds of rattling chains greets your ears where two wolves are chained up just inside the opening. Each wolf's chain leads to an iron rod driven into the base of a stalagmite.

Your darkvision allows you to see further. The main passage from the cave mouth climbs steeply upward, the stream plunging and splashing down it's west side. In the shadows, a side passage leads west across the other side of the stream. This small passage bears left from the main passage, and appears very difficult to climb.

The stream passage continues up beyond another set of uneven steps ahead, bending eastward as it does. A waterfall sounds out from a large cavern somewhere ahead of you. A rickety bridge spans the passage, connecting two tunnels that are 20 feet above the stream.
http://tbx.me/fGf1.png

Rolls

Secret Roll

Aug 14, 2015 12:20 am
OOC: Waited a few days for others to jump in, but I'll go ahead again.

The thought of leaving the wolves chained up turns Medve's stomach. (Personality Trait: I was, in fact, raised by wolves.)

Slowing approaching the entrance of the den, he walks towards the animals, being very careful not to get within their 'chain range'. Lowering himself to one knee, he looks into one of the wolves eyes and attempts to calm him.

Not sure if 'Animal Handling' applies here, but I figure it might work with the personality trait.
Last edited August 14, 2015 12:21 am

Rolls

Animal Handling [+4] - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Advantage, obviously! - bf - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Aug 14, 2015 8:37 am
An obvious time for Medve to gain inspiration. It also makes sense to give you advantage. Oh look...nat 20!!

The wolves do not appear to oppose you on terms of pack rivalries, and you seem to subdue them despite your unfamiliar scent. They tell you that they are starving, and that something is at the top of the steep rubble passage to to the east of this cave room. There is a dominant leader here. You're not sure what this means, as you are only interpreting their behaviour based on your years of close-contact experience.
Aug 15, 2015 6:36 pm
OOC: Does it look like it would be fairly easy to free the wolves?
Aug 15, 2015 7:01 pm
It doesn't look impossible. The stalagmites are chalky, but the wolves haven't successfully pulled themselves free. There's no telling how they would behave around the others.
Aug 16, 2015 5:51 am
After Torm smashes the last guard, Shane will look over the area and the guards for anything useful before heading into the cave after Medve.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Aug 16, 2015 8:43 am
Shane finds the goblins were wearing the usual tatty leather, with dog-earned scimitars and surprisingly well-strung bows and 15 neatly fletched black-feathered arrows. 9cp was scattered in their pockets.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Aug 17, 2015 2:24 am
Medve does his best to reassure the wolves that he will free them as soon as he is able and will move to investigate the rubble passage to the east of the room.

szemely sent a note to Biscuitfiend
Aug 17, 2015 8:27 am
due to outlander background,Medve does not start with food. Your speciality is scavenging! You would have to 'borrow' some or improvise. (Also, you don't need to 'allocate' spell slots. You can expend a slot to cast any spell you have prepared at that level or lower)

The wolves whine a little, and it seems their attention is drawn to the cave mouth where your companions are. The steep rubble passage tapers to a small opening at the top. It seems to be some kind of disposal pile as there are animal bones mixed amongst the rocks. There is the glow of a fire coming from that direction too.

There's about 20ft of it, it's difficult terrain and will require a successful athletics check to climb it. The lighting in this room is dim.
Aug 17, 2015 9:48 pm
OOC: The spell slot has been used, just my way of keeping track is all. :-)

Looking over the rubble, Medve decides to turn his attention back to the wolves and the rest of the party before going any further into the cave. "I'll be back for you shortly", he whispers to his new friends before working his way out to the cave entrance to speak to the others.

Running into Shane before exiting the cave he warns him about the wolves and says, "may as well let them fill up on goblin meat before we set them free", and then exits the cave to find the corpses.
Aug 18, 2015 4:12 pm
Shane heads back with Medve to collect the corpses, having no intention of upsetting any wolves.
Aug 19, 2015 7:56 am
Some consider goblin meat a spicy delicacy, and others find it fishy and repulsive. The wolves gladly accept the raw, slimy meat though, and pay no attention to you while they consume.

When you leave the cave to find the others, something catches your eye: owlbear tracks in the mud. You find no sign of your friends.
Aug 19, 2015 9:39 pm
OOC: I assume at this point it's just Medve and Shane?

Medve points down at the tracks to make sure Shane sees them as well. "Going to have a look at these and if it doesn't look like we're in immediate danger I'm going to go back into the cave and release my friends." he says quietly as he takes a knee and bends down to inspect the tracks.

Medve is trying to see if he can tell how fresh that tracks are and how big of an owl bear may have left them.

Rolls

Nature Check [+2] - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Aug 20, 2015 8:47 am
It looks like there might have been several of various sizes, but it's hard to tell as the ground is not soft. Blood is also present on the ground, but there are no bodies. They can be silent killers at times.

They attacked while the two of you fed the wolves inside the cave
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.