LMoP game thread

load previous
Aug 28, 2015 9:24 am
Medve reaches the top of the chimney having scrambled up. It will take half movement (no check) to arrive on the surface next turn.

"KLARG WILL MAKE PRIVY FROM YOUR BONES!", roars the bugbear in the common tongue. He brutishly swings an iron-spiked morningstar at Arashe, who falls sideways, crumpled.

Rolls

Klarg clubs Arashe with Morningstar - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Damage - (2d8+2)

(54) + 2 = 11

Aug 28, 2015 11:40 am
The sight of Arashi thrown to the side like a doll sends Movith into a rage. The tattoos on his back and shoulders begin to change from the inky black of a night sea to a glowing blood red. His eyes take on the color of flames. He feels his muscles tense as he purposefully strides toward the big oaf.

Movith positions himself in almost the exact spot that Arashi was standing second before. Using his shield to offer a little extra protection against the retaliation, Movith bobs high, then swings his hammer at the bugbear's knees.

EDIT: assuming a 15 hits, here's damage.

OOC: Rage gives advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws. When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a +2 bonus to the damage roll. You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

Also, with the shield my AC is 18. It's not on my sheet anywhere.
Last edited August 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Rolls

hammer attack - (1d20+6)

(9) + 6 = 15

damage - (1d8+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Aug 28, 2015 1:13 pm
Klarg swings his free arm in, revealing a huge metal bucker. He blocks the blow at the handle, rattling the chains on his hide armour. His bloodshot eyes link with yours and his nostrils spray mucus of rage.

Goblin 2 ducks low to avoid klarg, and swings at your legs hopelessly.

Rolls

Goblin 2 scimitar Movith - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Arashi death save - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Aug 28, 2015 1:58 pm
Egan looks at Shane, then looks at the chimney, then looks back at Shane...then back at the Chimney.

"Here goes nothing. Selûne bless my actions!" then attempts to dash up the narrow rock formation.

Rolling athletics with disadvantage.
Last edited August 28, 2015 1:59 pm

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Athletics - (1d20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Aug 28, 2015 2:25 pm
Egan makes 5ft, but slips and loses balance as the slope climbs more steeply
Aug 29, 2015 11:27 pm
"Careful not to slip!" Shane calls up before attempting the ascent himself

Rolling Athletics with disadvantage

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20-1)

(16) - 1 = 15

Athletics - (1d20-1)

(7) - 1 = 6

Aug 30, 2015 6:52 am
In rushing, Shane falls where Egan did, having to rebalance himself to stay on his feet. They stand together at the wide end of the slope, hearing the clash and thud of combat above.

Movith dodges and blocks a few strikes.

Rolls

Wolf bites Movith, pack tactics - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (11) + 4 = 15

1d20+4 : (10) + 4 = 14

Goblin 1 scimitar movith - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Aug 30, 2015 4:17 pm
Staff in hand, Medve will run towards the wolf. The thought of injuring such a beautiful beast turns his stomach, but he can't allow its attacks to continue. When (and if) he is within range he will strike at the wolf with a powerful two handled swing.

Rolls

Attack Roll [+4] - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Damage [Bludgeoning/Versatile +2] - (1d8+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Aug 30, 2015 7:48 pm
http://tbx.me/0or.png"RIPPER, KILL PUNY ONES! Make dinner for doggies!"

Klarg loses balance and drives his morningstar into the ground.

Rolls

Klarg strikes Movith - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Aug 30, 2015 10:17 pm
Movith brings his shield down hard, right at the handle of the morningstar, hoping to disarm the big adversary, but, more strategically, trying to generate more momentum as his hammer comes over the top. He swings down towards the bugbear's collar bone, as his back and shoulder tattoos continue to glow dark red.

Rolls

attack - (1d20+6)

(8) + 6 = 14

Aug 31, 2015 8:47 am
Klarg swings out the way with surprising dexterity, with his weapon barely in his bruised fingers.

The goblin behind Klarg leaps out and takes a nervous swing.

Rolls

Goblin 2 scimitar Movith - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Arashi death save - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Aug 31, 2015 1:58 pm
Egan grumbles something about knowing this would happen and charges toward the rock pile and formation like an angry bull.

Egan attempts to dash again (rolling Athletics with disadvantage)

Egan loses his step and flops back down on the ground, muddying his armor. He looks up at Shane, helplessly.
Last edited August 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Athletics - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Aug 31, 2015 10:50 pm
Shane says to Egan,

I will toss down a rope if I make it up and don't get my skull bashed in immediately!

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20-1)

(5) - 1 = 4

Athletics (disadvantage) - (1d20-1)

(10) - 1 = 9

Sep 1, 2015 7:19 am
Ripper winces at Medve, but lunges to protect his master at an opportune time.

Goblin 1 rolls out of reach of Movith and makes a panicked swipe at Medve
http://tbx.me/nH.png

Rolls

Ripper bites Movith, pack tactics - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (17) + 4 = 21

1d20+4 : (20) + 4 = 24

Movith damage (halved) - (4d4+2)

(3124) + 2 = 12

Goblin 1 scimitar Medve - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Medve damage - (1d6+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Sep 1, 2015 4:00 pm

Wind in his hair. The smell of good, tilled earth. Arashi plays among the rice paddies. He is an elf-child. The mud makes sucking sounds as he lifts each small, sandaled foot. String in hand, he whoops with delight as his kite dips and soars, dancing in the wind.

Hammers clanging. Red hot steel. Charcoal smoke. Arashi is in his father's workshop. As a youth, a mere 120 years old, he is well into his apprenticeship to the old master swordsmith. He wields the large hammer while his father, seated, holding the blade being forged, wields the small hammer. The steel is folded transversely, hammered out, then folded longitudinally. They work together silently, meditatively.

Sand between his toes, salt on the wind. Thunder rumbling. Arashi has left home. He is on a strange shore. Strapped to his back, the first and last katana that he forged by himself, after his father died. Countless people of different races bustle about - sailors and fishwives, cutpurses and chaplains - all eager to conclude their business and find shelter before the storm hits.

Sweat in his eyes, blood in his mouth. Arashi fights on the losing side of a war. 'It has been a good life,' he thinks to himself, 'now I must make myself a good death.' He glances sideways at his brother in arms, Laikalasse, a human. Yes, a good death.

Snow crunching under his bare feet. The wind howls through the woods and knifes through his threadbare cloak. Arashi shelters in the ruined temple of some ancient, forgotten god. He has been on this solitary pilgrimage for 20 years. He ducks into a stone alcove and sits cross-legged to his supper of foraged herbs. He lays two swords before him: Tatsumaki, his katana. And Swansong, Laikalasse's rapier. His friend died in his arms in that war decades ago. Every time Laikalasse had drawn this blade he had known it might be the last time. He had always said that each duel should be fought in such a manner as to be worthy of a poem.

Thunder and lightning. An ancient empire, lost. Netheril. Eyes of flame, searing flesh. A warning: Cataclysm. The End of Days.

In the waking world, Arashi stirs, still unconscious, dying, his cheek caked with blood. The fight rages on around him but he is oblivious. In his delirium he is reliving the vision he was given among the ruins of Netheril on that winter night long ago. The vision that was burned into his mind and changed him forever.
Last edited September 2, 2015 11:17 am
Sep 1, 2015 10:26 pm
Surprised by the goblin's appearance Medve is pleased to have something other than the wolf to attack. Raising his staff above his head, he attempts to swing down with all of his might on the gobo's head!

Rolls

Attack Roll [+4] - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Damage [Bludgeoning/Versatile] - (1d8+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Sep 2, 2015 9:22 am
Medve smacks the goblin on the head with great force, which seems to make it angrier and more stupid.

Arashi gains inspiration, for that last save!

http://tbx.me/AlX.png

"KLARG DIRTY PLAY TOO!"

Klarg sidesteps near to Arashi's corpse, nearly shoving Movith into the fire, but instead swings his weapon over his head.

Rolls

Klarg strikes Movith, flanking advantage - (1d20+4, 1d20+4)

1d20+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

1d20+4 : (17) + 4 = 21

Damage, halved - (2d8+2)

(68) + 2 = 16

Sep 2, 2015 12:52 pm
Movith is down to 2 health

Enraged by the wounds he incurred by getting smashed with the morningstar, and bleeding from his head, Movith ignores any defensive posture the bugbear might be taking and with wild eyes simply tries to smash the creature with all his might.

Rolls

KILL THIS DUMB KLARG - (1d20+6)

(5) + 6 = 11

Sep 2, 2015 4:39 pm
Egan stands up out of the mud feeling completely foolish for being so pig-headed. He looks over at Shane. "Come Halfling! It's time to earn our keep around here! Need a lift?" Egan braces himself against the wall and forms a platform with his hands.

OOC: Egan will take his action to "help" Shane up the chimney, granting him advantage to his athletics check.

(Forgive me if this is out of turn, I'll be away from my computer for a bit and wanted to make sure to not be the cause of hold up on the action!)
Last edited September 2, 2015 4:40 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.