LMoP game thread

load previous
Oct 28, 2015 9:17 am
The object is obscured by a dark, dense spot in the woods, along with bushes and other plant coverings. It looks like it has been deliberately hidden. The grunt of two oxen catches Movith's ear. The tiny voice has stopped.

Shane can't find cover large enough and slinks up against a tree.

"Could that be a supplies wagon? Gundren sent a group with a similar vehicle"

Rolls

Sildar perception - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Nov 1, 2015 1:27 pm
Movith sets Sildar down by Medve, and moves towards the sound of the oxen. Still brandishing a handaxe, Movtih begins clearing away the brush, trying to uncover what he suspects is a cart that might be useful to the group. He doesn't seem overly concerned about the small voice; it's likely someone who discovered the cart and is trying to take some supplies for themselves, which wouldn't really bother him.
Nov 3, 2015 3:31 am
Crossbow and whip ready, Otto has got Movith covered.
Nov 3, 2015 3:34 am
Medve will stand guard over Sildar as Movith moves to investigate.
Nov 21, 2015 11:14 am
The oxen stand obediently by the stealthily-covered cart. Beside it, a small angry goblin glares at you. It appears the ropes behind his back have been bitten and frayed. As it has only been hours since he was left here, no-one appears to have noticed the cart or his pathetic squeals for help.

Rolls

Encounter - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Nov 22, 2015 2:52 pm
As Movith discovers the restrained goblin, he looks around. Seeing no other signs of threat, and knowing his new compatriots are ready, he relaxes, if only slightly. He sheathes his axe and unhooks his warhammer. With extra slow and deliberate movements, he gently lays the blunt end of the hammer on the goblins forehead. Then, Movith places a single finger over his own pursed lips, indicating that the goblin, for his own sake, should be silent.

Without turning, he says to the group, "There's a single goblin here, tied up. What shall we do with him?"
Nov 25, 2015 1:28 am
Sweat beads on the goblin's forehead, forming pools over his tightly shut eyes.

"Slay it, the creatures are no good to anyone except for the information they carry and the obedience they offer to the enemy! These goblins are servants to a creature whom they call King at Cragmaw Castle!"
Nov 25, 2015 4:09 am
Looking over Slider, Medve offers, "Perhaps question it before slaying. It may have some valuable information for us."
Nov 27, 2015 7:53 pm
"Question it if you may. These uncivilised beings should not be quickly trusted, however, and may even mislead you, even without meaning to."
Nov 29, 2015 3:02 pm
Otto only nods. He's anxious for Movith and his friends to be about their business so he can get back to his.
Nov 29, 2015 3:29 pm
Movith nods at the group.

"Goblin, look at me. If you make no sounds except to answer our questions, I will not cave in your skull. Your clanmates just killed my friend, and I would not think twice about extracting some modicum of revenge from your flesh. Nod if you understand and will comply. Any other response will be the end of your life in this world."
Nov 29, 2015 5:49 pm
The goblin slowly nods his head, the rest of his body being remarkably still.
Nov 30, 2015 12:16 am
"Why did you attack Sildar and Gundren on the trail? Was it random or specifically targeted?"
Nov 30, 2015 4:06 pm
The little goblin mutters some words in broken language from the common tongue whilst the giant towers over him:

"K-klarg....King Grohl...black spider!! Gundren ambush is order, and take map. Black Spider pay it!! Cragmaws obey Klarg!"
Nov 30, 2015 4:53 pm
"Klarg, was the bugbear, yes? As Sildar just mentioned, is King Grohl at Cragmaw Castle?"

Movith pauses while trying to put the pieces together. "So, the Black Spider paid King Grohl to retrieve the map, and Grohl passed the orders on to Klarg? Does the Black Spider have the map now? What has become of the dwarf that was with Sildar when you ambushed?"
Nov 30, 2015 5:36 pm
"King Grol lead Cragmaws! Yes, Cragmaw castle. Black Spider take everything of Gundren. They go to Castle. Only worthless Sil-dar stay with Klarg."

Sildar snarls, but confirms that the goblin's information sounds very familiar to him, and leaves the creature's fate in your hands.
Nov 30, 2015 10:38 pm
"It sounds as though the creature has served its purpose."
Dec 1, 2015 9:42 am
"No, I help you. Let Pinky go! Pinky not go to Klarg because traitor now! I find solitude somewhere to hide"
Dec 8, 2015 7:45 pm
"Solitude, eh? That's a pretty big word for a goblin." Otto says with a grin, crossbow still aimed at Pinky's throat.
Dec 8, 2015 8:02 pm
Egan approaches and stands next to Otto, looking intently at the goblin.

If we let you go, you promise you won't return to the Cragmaw, but where will you go instead? How can we be sure the Cragmaw won't find you?

OOC: I'll make an insight check on his answer to see if he's telling the truth or not.

Rolls

Rolling for Insight - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.