The Temple of Elemental Evil game thread

load previous
Sep 14, 2015 3:01 pm
The room opposite is also a wreck. Once the quarters of a castle troop leader or some other petty official, this place is now a total wreck. The bed is chopped to pieces, and the furniture is smashed or missing.

Spugnoir approaches.

"Excellent work, soldier. There may be some way down from one of these rooms. Perhaps that vicious creature was guarding it? Good job I say!!

My, that halfling looks out of it. Do you think he needs some attention?"

Stopping briefly at that thought, Spugnoir opens the remaining door and walks in. You hear him stub his toe, and he re-emerges.

"I can't see a thing. Can I borrow this?"

Picking up Anrin's torch, he takes it into the room, temporarily blinding those without darkvision to their surroundings.

"Rats!

Or mice?

They really aren't that big..."

It takes a little more time, with clattering and breaking sounds, before he emerges, lighting up the room again.

"Looks like an old conference room. Someone stuck this broadsword behind a wall case! Aren't they supposed to hang on the wall?"

Giving it a swing, it's evident he doesn't know how to use a sword, but isn't so weak he couldn't give it a good swing with both hands.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+4)

Secret Roll

Sep 14, 2015 3:03 pm
Kaxaon hurriedly follows Spugnoir into the room.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Sep 14, 2015 3:08 pm
Matthias will cast light on the first loose stone he finds on the floor so that he can see. He will then grab Anrin's sword and then gently lift him up and carry him to the entrance that they came in so he can get fresh air and Matthias can see his wounds better. He will then inspect the wounds.
Last edited September 14, 2015 3:08 pm

Rolls

Medicine to inspect wounds - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Sep 14, 2015 3:08 pm
This room was once a conference chamber, but is now empty. Its dirt and wreckage show no signs of any recent occupant, though a couple of small rats are seen scurrying away. You also see a splintered wall case, the contents of which are long gone. Why such a fine broadsword was found there untouched seems a mystery to you.
Sep 14, 2015 3:12 pm
Matthias finds that the wound is clotting, but Anrin's chest rises and falls as you would expect someone in sleep. His leg twitches, giving evidence that he will likely be ok and just needs a short time to recover.
Sep 14, 2015 3:23 pm
Matthias will try to make Anrin as comfortable as possible and will stand nearby, saying to the party members that are near him, "It looks like he'll be ok, might take a bit of time for him to wake up though. I'm gonna wait here and keep an eye on him while he sleeps it off."
Sep 14, 2015 3:28 pm
"Yes, good idea. Kobort and I will scout the area outside for trouble, while the others check the rooms!"

Turuko grabs Kobort by the arm and tugs along so that they can check the drawbridge.
Sep 14, 2015 3:51 pm
Kaxaon stands guard in the doorway while Spugnoir does his poking about.
Sep 14, 2015 6:24 pm
"I don't think we checked all the doors down the other way?"
Sep 14, 2015 6:32 pm
"This place doesn't seem worth the time, man. And I'm not helping it by bleeding all over it."
Sep 14, 2015 7:18 pm
Grumble will look at the dagger further, trying to see if there's some significance to it. (should I wait for a direction to use History or Arcana, or should I just roll both?)

"Pleased to meet other defenders of virtue! I am Danj: Prestidigitator, Philosopher, Adventurer, Poet?...yes, I think I might do that, sometime...oh, and Keystone in the Cosmic Battle Between Good and Evil!" Attempting to be surreptitious, he'll retrieve a bit of the snake and put in his pouch for cooking later. "Some people are uncomfortable when I talk about Evil and my opposition to it, perhaps because they harbor evil thoughts themselves...or perhaps because 'Cosmic Battle Between Good and Evil' is rather unwieldy to say...I'm trying to come up with an acronym for that that makes sense, because 'CBBGE' " (here he makes a sound like "Cub Buggy") "is hard to pronounce..."

Unless interrupted by combat or a trap encounter, Grumble will continue searching the adjacent rooms, moving to the closest unexplored one nearby. When the illumination gets too dim, he'll invoke "Sh'Atima!", casting light on the end of his staff, and keep looking, while we wait for Anrin to complete his short rest.

(edit: to post as character)
Last edited September 14, 2015 7:18 pm

Rolls

History - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Arcana - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Perception (searching another room) - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Sep 15, 2015 2:00 am
Brave Sir Anrin bravely lies unconscious. ..
Sep 15, 2015 8:30 pm
Grumble doesn't know which rooms they have tried. There is another corridor on the North side, large doors opposite the entrance, and a small room by the other corridor with downward leading stairs.

The other corridor's doors are all open except for the double doors at the end
Sep 15, 2015 9:40 pm
Don't want to duplicate what Kaxaon is doing...does that mean that the double doors are the next closest? Danj will amble over to those. What condition are they in? Just as decrepit as everything else, or is there sign of recent use?
Sep 16, 2015 3:57 am
Darf waits with Anrin, for he sees no use in scrutinizing the ransacked ruins.
Sep 16, 2015 8:25 am
One door is slightly ajar. The doors are the same as all the others, but there is a large scratch on the lower panel. It's probably quite dark inside.

Something small scrapes across the floor on the other side. From the echoes it seems like it might be a large room like the other one where you found the dagger.

(This is the last 'corridor' room)

Rolls

Secret Roll

Sep 16, 2015 4:43 pm
...bravely lies unconscious, unconscious, brave, brave Sir Anrin...
Sep 16, 2015 5:57 pm
Kaxaon is growing impatient with Spugnoir's poking around rotten furniture. "Come on, man, my wounds need tending." He steps out into the corridor and notices the talkative one, the one who called himself Danj, at the end of the hall. Something has piqued the man's curiosity. Despite himself, Kaxaon approaches.
Sep 16, 2015 9:11 pm
Anrin gains inspiration for lying so bravely. So bravely. Anrin

"Ehhh...then we must set up a camp. I have a suitable tin for boiling red tea. Yes! Then we can set bandages to your wounds."
Sep 17, 2015 12:52 am
Danj nods at the barbarian and mentions to those in earshot: "I heard something move in here, I think. Anyone care to investigate with me?" He'll wait to see if anyone cares to join him, and then, after a pause long enough for others to join him and with the light still glowing on the end of his staff, will push open the double doors.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.