The Temple of Elemental Evil game thread

load previous
Sep 17, 2015 8:02 am
"We should check this floor before we rest. I'll check with you whilst the others stand watch or search".
Sep 17, 2015 3:18 pm
Matthias will stay near Anrin, but position himself in such a was as to see the group as they open the door. He wants to be able to lend assistance if things go badly beyond the door.
Sep 17, 2015 5:17 pm
...when danger reared its serpent head, he bravely lay on the floor and bled, brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Anrin...
Last edited September 18, 2015 7:26 am
Sep 17, 2015 7:04 pm
Grumble considers the wisdom of going into the dark room alone, without the company of his doughty companions, and then (if he can rescind his earlier declared action) will return to where Anrin lies insensate. He has no healing, but he's confident that the grave combatant in the CBBGE will recover soon.

If he can't rescind his earlier declared action, he'll push forward and face the consequences like an idiot.

OOC: should we all just say "short rest" and let Anrin spend his hit die to get back on his feet before we continue?
Sep 18, 2015 3:33 am
Getting rather bored of watching bravery build up in an unconscious warrior, Darf stands up, shakes his beard, and pulls a pair of dusty wooden dice out of his bag. He counts out ten pebbles from the ground and sits cross legged opposite to mathias. Setting the dice in the middle and five stones on each side, he calmly says" we could be waitin a while for somethin to kick up, so why not pass the time,". then, rubbing his hands on his thighs, smiles up to Mathias and gestures for him to roll first.
Last edited September 18, 2015 3:38 am
Sep 18, 2015 6:17 am
Grumble, having waited and then seeing the others start to play dice, nods in appreciation to Elmo, the only one to have joined him. Then he turns and pushes open the door with his lighted staff ahead of him, trying to see any threats in the dark.

Rolls

Perception: looking beyond the double doors - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Disadvantage - dim light - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Sep 18, 2015 12:06 pm
Grumble spots a huge lizard in the room. It doesn't seem hostile to you right now as you stand in the door, but it turns its head to you with interest. As it moves, you notice it's belly has an unusual shape, as it it's ribcage is holding something that is making it uncomfortable.

(edit: I added disadvantage but forgot that you were using light. The nat20 counts!

https://roll4d6.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/inix.jpg
Sep 18, 2015 2:49 pm
"Do you know what that is, my good man?" Grumble asks Elmo, realizing that, while he's introduced himself, he doesn't know anyone else's name (and he doesn't know that Elmo is suspicious at all). "Hmm. I wonder if I know what that is?"

Rolls

Nature check to identify creature - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Sep 18, 2015 5:11 pm
"I'm more worried about what it thinks we are. We have no business with this creature at this time".

The giant lizard takes a step to face you. These creatures are unremarkable, other than their size, capability to be used as mounts (normally by lizardmen), and having a very carnivorous diet.
Sep 18, 2015 5:29 pm
Matthias picks up the dice and rolls them, and then stands where he can see the door and the dice at once. He is determined to be able to help if things go badly.
Sep 18, 2015 6:36 pm
Kaxaon leaves Spugooinr to his devices and joins the group at the stairs. He isn't interested in the dice but looks Anrin over. The halfling looks like he'll live. "Where did the chattering one go? And the shifty fellow...Elmo?"
Sep 18, 2015 6:38 pm
Matthias motions toward the door down the corridor, "They went over there, trying to make sure we're in a safe place before we wait for Anrin to wake up."
Sep 19, 2015 4:20 pm
Grumble is considering how best to interact with this thing - to attempt to train it as a mount, or to blast it into oblivion - and suddenly his frown of concentration is replaced with a quizzical look on this face. He turns to Elmo. "You take care of it. I'll be right back." Danj mutters to himself as he walks back down the hallway to Matthias, Darf, and Anrin. "I think I could do something to help with turmeric, basil...maybe a bit of cacao, or perhaps coca..." He stops murmuring long enough to notice Kaxaon: "It's just a lizard." Then he arrives at the group gathered around their unconscious companion, squats down, and begins rummaging through his pouches for helpful herbs.

Rolls

Medicine check with herbalism kit - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Sep 19, 2015 5:11 pm
"N-nope!!"

Elmo quietly shuts the door and walks backwards as quietly as he can.

Grumble rummages through his kit: clippers, mortar and pestle, pouches and vials, and realises that he has neglected to collect useful herbs and plant fluids. They shouldn't be hard to find in a swamp, but who knows what effects might be available in this locale?
Sep 19, 2015 5:24 pm
"Well, I am just so scattered today!" Grumble grins apologetically, and then gets up again. "I believe I can help him, but does anyone have some medicinal herbs? If not, I need help finding herbs outside. Would anyone care to help me?" Assuming that no one else does have a (complete) herbalism kit, Grumble will venture back outside the moathouse, explaining to anyone nearby (such as party members who accompany him) what they're trying to find. Hopefully I can get some assistance on the roll, so it may be less than the 1d4 hours that Anrin would have to wait anyway.

I'm going to roll both Nature and Perception, not knowing which you'd rather I roll. Take the one that applies.

Rolls

Perception (searching swamp for herbs) - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Nature (identifying herbs in the swamp) - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Sep 20, 2015 7:59 am
Assuming you conduct a basic search of 10m...(nature is the roll I'm looking for)

Grumble finds a large amount of knockleweed around the swamp. It has a greasy texture with rough hairs and is known to instil vitality when crushed into a potion and heated. Not so sure about application...topical or oral?
Sep 20, 2015 2:26 pm
Given that the halfling is out, Grumble opts for topical, and he will crush the leaves into a salve after returning to the courtyard of the moathouse. Rather than being disappointed that no one joined him in searching for something to help their companion, Danj is excited at the opportunity for camaraderie represented by the group. He's spent so much of his life alone that he never expects assistance.

OOC: Do you want another medicine check to prepare the knockleweed and/or apply it?
Sep 20, 2015 3:26 pm
Make a check with herbalism kit to make the potion - should be all that is needed
Sep 20, 2015 3:54 pm
Grumble prepares and applies the knockleweed paste to Anrin's pale form.

Rolls

Herbalism Kit check (wisdom + proficiency) - (1d20+4)

(17) + 4 = 21

Sep 20, 2015 6:33 pm
Kaxaon watches Grumble with interest. "Got any more of that stuff, man?"
Last edited September 20, 2015 6:47 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.