The Temple of Elemental Evil game thread

load previous
Aug 3, 2015 6:56 pm
"I think it would be a wise idea to sit down, get to know one another, and exchange information on these bandits before we hurry out," Matthias says stiffly, offended by his insult.

A little bit bothered by his slip of tongue he will try to keep an eye out for anything that seems off about these two.
Last edited August 3, 2015 6:56 pm

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Aug 3, 2015 7:09 pm
"Well, why not. We have little money for drinks though, for we came upon *unfortunate* circumstances". It's all right though. We need not ask for any share of the treasure, for as soon as the road is safe once more, we can travel to Nulb and begin trading again. You'd be very surprised how quickly Kobort here can drum up some coin with a little tinkering. You see, his enormous size tends to deter those petty thieves you'll find scurrying around the Nulb marketplace. Kobort, shall we tell them how we ended up like this?"
Aug 3, 2015 7:11 pm
"Them banditsmen took our wagons! 'Ruko and I waiting for adventurers to help us. Maybe find wagon, Ruko?"
Aug 4, 2015 3:39 pm
Anrin listens to them with optmistic trust, though his craftsman roots lead him to question one thing.

"'Tis a terrible loss you have suffered, and any enemy of those evil bandits is a friend of mine. But I'd like to know what you were carrying in that wagon of yours? What foreign goods to folks herabouts like to buy?"
Aug 4, 2015 6:16 pm
"Wonderful trinkets...and oddities! There were even some gnomish ticking...thingies amongst our stash, but I doubt they are any use now the bandits have laid their grubby fingers upon them!"
Aug 4, 2015 6:16 pm
"Yuh...stoopid bandits took our stuffs!"
Aug 5, 2015 3:29 am
Darf, a little tipsy, confidently struts over to the table. "I see you boys are making friends, as for me, i shall sleep."he says. He then walks to his room and prepares for his slumber.
Aug 5, 2015 10:16 am
"D-ye have a bookin', Dwarf lad? Rooms be fillin' up"
Aug 6, 2015 2:45 am
ooc- i thought i bought a room earlier wih the golden piece, but if not here is a thing. Also i only have gold soo i may need help with that.
"I beg your pardon, i nearly forgot, hahaha! What can i get for a gold piece good sir?"
Aug 6, 2015 9:12 am
I checked through the posts - can't remember you paying him except for drinks. Correct me if you did. If you prefer, you can choose to take a daily/weekly lifestyle expense which is 1GP per day on a modest lifestyle. It looks like the party could do with finding treasure soon!
"One gold piece is fer your own room, a hearty meal and a cooked breakfast". He checks you off on the guest list.

It's evident, to those watching, that the man who was reading scrolls in the corner has put his down and is now doing something out of sight, like sifting through coins.
Aug 6, 2015 9:15 am
"We will be up at first light. It is time for us to retreat, Kobort. Farewell, kindly travellers. Remember, I do not ask for shares of the treasure, and only hold gratitude for you to assist us on this task to remove this *scourge*."

Turuko gracefully sweeps away from the common room and travels to the first floor. Turuko follows, a little slow on the uptake.
Aug 6, 2015 12:10 pm
After Turuko leaves, Matthias will turn to the rest of the party, "Looks like we'd better get some rest, we have a busy day ahead. Good night, I shall see you in the morning."

Matthias will retire to his room, and mentally prepare himself for the next day.
Last edited August 6, 2015 12:21 pm
Aug 6, 2015 12:34 pm
The group settles in for the night, as the journey's exhaustion quickly takes it's toll on the body. The ambience of voices and tankards below does not unsettle your sleep, and it dies down quickly after midnight. It was a restful night, for the sheets were clean and comfortable, even in the common bunk room which was nearly empty.

Darf was the first up. As he passed down the hall, he caught the eye of the mysterious man who they saw downstairs but did not speak to. He closes the door quickly and retreats back inside his room.

Downstairs in the common room, a potboy is stoking the fire for the morning is a little cold. Serving wenches bring fried fish, gammon and fresh fruits to the Inn's patrons, apparently from all corners of the Flaeness.

There are 10 patrons in the room eating breakfast, sitting and eating and enjoying the added warmth of the low burning fire. Also, Turuko and Kobort are with someone you recognise.

Turuko speaks: "This local fellow says he knows the way to the moathouse. He may have had a bit to drink last night, but beyond his...simple disposition, he seems to have a strong axe-arm. He insisted..."

Rolls

Secret Roll

Aug 6, 2015 12:41 pm
"Hey...hi...guess what, I found my axe and mail armour!! Though I sold it, bu' I just put it away in a safe place! Haha...oww..."

He clutches his head, and takes a hearty swig from his waterskin.

"Anyway, I'm coming along. Jaroo said you lot might benefit from a guide, so here I am."
Aug 6, 2015 3:42 pm
Sanora rises and dresses in her room with her retinue. Before to long she makes her way to the common room and greets those eh met the night before. When Elmo is introduced she says to him, "Greeting brother Elmo, your assistance in this matter is most welcome. It is always good to have someone with knowledge of the local lands when traveling."
Aug 6, 2015 3:44 pm
Anrin attempts a smile, but his eyes remain narrowed. Now this is an unpleasant surprise, though a guide in a forest is certainly no bad thing. "And who, may I ask, is Jaroo?"
Aug 6, 2015 3:53 pm
"Welcome to the group Elmo, I'm very glad to have a guide in these unfamiliar lands," Matthias will greet Elmo warmly. Maybe his conduct the previous day was just a result of his inebriated state and everyone deserves a second chance, and to Anrin he will say, "The alcohol must have affected your memory my friend, Jaroo is the venerable druid we spoke to yesterday. I'd think that you of all people would remember that!" Matthias chuckles at his companion's faulty memory.
Last edited August 6, 2015 3:54 pm
Aug 6, 2015 5:37 pm
"Jaroo said you would buy me a few when we got back!"
Aug 6, 2015 5:46 pm
Being Darf is fairly uninterested in Turuko and Kobort's help, he walks over to the bar and orders his meal and doesnt pay them much notice untill sanora comes down. After she finishes her talk with the boys darf will pull her aside for a word in private.
Last edited August 6, 2015 5:48 pm
Aug 7, 2015 3:48 pm
The venerable druid connected to this fellow? Anrin thinks as he takes in Matthias' and Elmo's words. While Anrin is not sure he can trust any of the new companions, he also feels bound to help Turuko and Kobort, and to give Elmo a chance to prove himself. He doesn't vocalize any of this, but only says in a bright tone, "Well, evil never sleeps - let us make our preparations and free the village of this bandit scourge."

OOC - I am on a pretty slow Internet connection on holiday, so the thought of going back through the thread to find out who Jaroo was, was too much for me! Nice in-character save, Naatkinson :-)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.