The Temple of Elemental Evil game thread

load previous
Aug 24, 2015 9:35 pm
Matthias will stand and stretch, "I am feeling much better, best that we move on before too much longer or we may not finish before dark."

Figured after 3 days of short rest it may be time to move on here
Aug 25, 2015 4:25 pm
Seeing that his companions do not take him up on his offer of aid, Anrin communes with Elhonna, and the numbness completely leaves his body. Now back to his usual cheerfulness, he says, "Yes, we should move and clear the evil out of this place whilst we have light to do so."

Using 3 of my 5 pool on myself.
Aug 26, 2015 11:04 am
You return to the Moathouse safely, and you are greeted with nothing but the sounds of wildlife. Crickets, freshwater birds and swarms of biting flies are about. You approach the rotten drawbridge and a door hanging off a rusty hinge, almost swinging in the occasional breeze.

The moathouse is a ruin. Structures have collapsed around the building from what you can see. Some of the towers have partially collapsed and broken timber even shows over the top of the walls. The damage must have occurred during the war against the forces of evil 10 years ago.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Aug 26, 2015 4:31 pm
Anrin tests the strength of the drawbridge with the tip of his longsword. Will such a rotten thing hold even his weight, let alone a whole party's?

Rolls

Survival - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Aug 26, 2015 5:28 pm
The drawbridge is sound but it might not take mounts. Crossing carefully, there is no risk. Daylight enters the inner court of the moathouse on the other side of the door.
Aug 27, 2015 1:00 pm
As the party begins to advance into the moathouse Matthias will keep a careful eye out for anything hostile and he will also motion everyone to at least attempt to be quiet as we enter.

I think we will use the same marching order as before, so long as everyone agrees
Last edited August 27, 2015 1:05 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+2)

(11) + 2 = 13

Perception - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Aug 27, 2015 1:34 pm
Nothing dangerous appears about. The water is still; there are no more frogs.
Aug 27, 2015 1:56 pm
Since everything appears to be clear, the party will advance into the courtyard cautiously.
Aug 27, 2015 2:48 pm
You enter the courtyard, 8 strong (not including Sanora's retainers), and you notice the ruins of the second floor of the moathouse, which are smashed beyond repair. On your left is the door to the southwest tower. There is a well in one corner, and one of the walls has fallen in on itself. Ahead of you is a large staircase.

This staircase leads to the house portion of the fortress. The doors at the head of the stairs are broken—one flat on the floor, the other sundered.

You hear the noise of two more travellers behind you, and an unattractive man in plain garb and with a large trunk enters the building with a rough, mighty figure who is protecting him.

"Greetings. I am Spugnoir. I saw you at the Inn of the Welcome Wench. I am here collecting scrolls on behalf of a sage in Verbobonc. State your business here if you please?"

http://tbx.me/Pet.png
Aug 27, 2015 3:03 pm
"Greeting Spugnoir, I am Matthias, my companions and I are here investigating rumors of bandits in this moathouse," Then Matthias realized what Spugnoir said about scrolls, "What kind of scrolls are you looking for? I am a man of learning as well, and I'd be happy to help recover whatever lost knowledge I could."
Aug 27, 2015 3:47 pm
"Excellent...I have a suspicion that there is much knowledge buried here. Perhaps we might share the spoils if there are magical scrolls to be found, my sage will be pleased."
Aug 27, 2015 4:39 pm
"Sir Anrin, at your service." While not suspicious of the newcomers, clearly honest folk from the village, Anrin turns after greeting Spugnior to keep an eye on the deeper recesses of the building the party has just entered.

Quite a party!
Last edited August 27, 2015 4:41 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Aug 28, 2015 3:09 am
Followin Anrins lead darf takes his hat off and bows to the gentlemen saying, "darf the dwarf at your service"
Aug 28, 2015 6:25 am
Spugnoir’s bodyguard is a brooding hulk of a man standing in a wide, defensive stance. His bare torso is crisscrossed with scars, some from battle, but many from hard labor and a slaver’s whip. A large, angry mass of keloid on one of his bulging biceps hints at what might have once been a brand of ownership, crudely erased with a jagged blade. Hard eyes stare out from under a mass of braided black hair studded with tiny iron links. Similar, small iron rings pierce his right ear and adorn his short beard. But the most unusual thing about him is the heavy, spiked chains twined around his muscular forearms. The man crosses those forearms across his chest now, paying no heed to the rusty iron spikes burying themselves in his flesh. He does not yet speak, but his eyes seem to be sizing everyone up.
Last edited August 28, 2015 8:09 am
Aug 28, 2015 8:41 am
"This is Kaxaon. I think...anyway, you have nothing to fear. He is...well paid, and civil, at times".

Spugnoir's voice is a little grating. Turuko sighs, facepalming to himself discreetly.

"I suspect there is more to this place than first meets the eye. I will assist you for a time, until I find what I need".
Aug 29, 2015 8:36 pm
Matthias will look to Kaxaon, "Well met, friend, it is nice to have some more able bodied warriors in the group. Now that introductions are out of the way I think we should get moving, before it becomes to late to continue on," he looks at the two entrances he sees, "Which way do you think we should go now?"
Aug 29, 2015 10:51 pm
"I doubt there is anything of interest in an unguarded tower. We should look for stairs going down".
Aug 30, 2015 4:27 am
"Looks like our only choice is through those doors then, unless there is something hidden down here" Matthias will say. He will begin looking for any hidden doors.

Sorry about the update, I would have searched for a secret door last night? But I'd been up for 20+ hours already

Also, add 1 to my roll for my wisdom modifier
Last edited August 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Aug 30, 2015 11:41 am
"We ought to split up and search. Come, Kaxaon, and keep an eye out for obscured entrances"
Aug 30, 2015 2:58 pm
Kaxaon grunts in reply and follows his employer.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.