Mission - [Holt] - In the Mist and Shadows

load previous
Sep 9, 2015 5:50 pm
With the rear bay door opening the area around him dimmed and the area below looked a bit brighter in the darkness. Jumping out seemed easy enough. A look back revealed the 'plane' to be oddly shaped like a diamond from below that skirted the night sky without much sound. With the thought of the landing coming into mind Holt focused on landing and moving the parachute leads towards his landing location that popped into his googles indicating where he needed to go.

You land without much fuss with your black parachute soon to cover you up. The clouds or mist were noticeable on the way down but once you look around or the lack of the ability to as the mist churns around you the silence seems a bit creepy since there are no sounds of night around you. You're left with a few options realizing how close you are to a building that looks like an apartment complex.

Options: Stash your parachute and check out the building, the area in general, or try and find the device.

(OoC: This is the fourth time I've written and posted this. It gets smaller every time I write it 0.o)
Sep 9, 2015 9:54 pm
Once on the ground, Holt ditched his parachute and packed it hastily. He guessed that it would be better to hide any sign of his passage than leave some obvious sign. Moving stealthily as he can, Ellis makes for the apartment complex he can just make out from his position.

(OOC: The plan is to be stealthy, find any signs of surveillance, and slip into the building to start his search. I assume that's a stealth test and a notice test? I just realized that Tracking would be super handy to have, but I overlooked that—thought it kinda crossed over with investigation/streetwise, but it doesn't.)
Sep 10, 2015 12:55 pm
(OoC: Sounds good, due to the mist constantly moving about you'll get a bonus to the stealth test of +2 and notice rolls at a penalty of -2 outside while looking around in the mist, you notice what's helping you hide is also hindering your search. If you want me to make the rolls I can and I'll just edit this post otherwise I'll wait. Oh an que up the creepy industrial ambient music now.)
Sep 12, 2015 10:43 pm
(OOC: Okay, the talisman gives +2 to notice, so that negates the notice penalty. Looks like 2 successes.)
Last edited September 12, 2015 10:43 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d6+2, 1d6+2, RA)

1d6+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

1d6+2 : (5) + 2 = 7

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (4) = 4

Sep 14, 2015 1:37 pm
With his gear stashed Holt made it the sort distance to the complex easily. Nothing of notice really came to Holt due to the mist until he went inside, the sound of the wind that was swirling the mist outside seemed more apparent once he was in the enclosure of the first doorway and entered, he noticed no door on the hinge or close by as if the place had been stripped bare, a quick look around had the place looking abandoned for some time. He did notice the years of abandonment left a layer of dust on the ground and a series of footprints seemed to be leading farther into the complex. They seemed fresh since the dust seemed to cover most things where the wind couldn’t catch a hold of.
(OoC: You can check out the area room by room, follow the trail of footprints, or something else.)
Sep 26, 2015 8:52 pm
(OOC: Sorry about the delays; had a week-long event, on top of usual duties. Also, I just noticed that my Notice roll didn't ace!)

Ellis entered the complex slowly and quietly. It wouldn't do to alert anyone to his presence, when he didn't know the situation. Leaving many open rooms made him anxious though. Dust was a good sign. It told where things had been recently. He didn't want to trust that something wouldn't come in and surprise him, and he half-searched the first room—before curiosity got the better of him.

"C'mon Ellis, no need to search for creepies when there's game afoot." He muttered under his breath, and returned to where he'd seen the prints. He'd just have to keep aware while moving through the complex.

(OOC: He will track the footprints through the building until finding sign of anything suspicious.)
Sep 27, 2015 12:52 pm
A cursory look around in the first room did't bring up much besides a crash course in what a japanese tennant apartment would look like without a door to hide it. Moving on quickly Holt made his way through the apartment complex, although he'd prefer to search quickly he moved through the area in a timely manner looking around as he went instead since running blinding would probably make things worse. Some rooms still had doors it seemed.

Towards the middle of the hallway it was darker since there was less ambient light from outside and windows out seemed to not carry light to where he was. He could tell the area where he was something did happen, there was probably some kind of distubance since the dust shows a larger area of movement, there's a darkish substance on some rubble close to the stairwell up and a larger disturbance, there seems to me another trail moving to the far side of the hallway although less commotion it seems to be moving quicker due to the distance between the tracks. Looking around Holt had a bit of a puzzle and it was silent now the sounds of wind being faint.

(OoC: Due to the darkness you will probably have a hard time figuring out what might be going on so there will be a penalty. You due have a lightsource you could probably use to check things out but still minimize the light to just where you want it. Tracking would get you a tell all (d4-2) on the tracks, notice roll with a +2 from forensics will give you clues into what happened. Light source is optional but it will cancel out the -2 to try and find things out but it might let people know there's a light where you are.)
Sep 29, 2015 10:42 pm
(OOC: Could I use my Light/Obscure power to exert control over how the the flashlight illuminates and the light escapes the area? It's already foggy, but if I could spend a bennie to change trappings to just pure darkness I could prevent light from escaping the hallway.)
Sep 30, 2015 12:04 pm
(OoC: Sure, granted you could just cup your hand around the aperture of the flashlight head to reduce the amount of light to what you need as well if you don't want to use your powers yet since it'd be another roll. But in truth you just need a 4 so it's really up to you.)
Sep 30, 2015 10:27 pm
Ellis cups his hand around the front of the flashlight to limit its field of illumination and turns it on. He cautiously swings it around the hallway to examine the signs left behind.

(OOC: I'll just start with Notice/Forensics and an attempt at Tracking. Edit: just realized that maybe the relic/forensics bonuses don't stack; are the rolls okay with you?)
Last edited September 30, 2015 10:28 pm

Rolls

Notice +2 (relic) +2 (forensics) - (1d6+4, 1d6+4, RA)

1d6+4 : (3) + 4 = 7

1d6+4 : (63) + 4 = 13

Tracking (unskilled) - (1d4-2, 1d6, RA)

1d4-2 : (1) - 2 = -1

Oct 1, 2015 1:02 pm
Surveying the scene quietly and quickly took a bit of time and Holt found himself looking around as he worked piecing things together in his mind. The dark substance was dried blood and from several hours ago due to the color. The face and hand print next to it on the stone rubble let him know it was someone hitting face first by the angle of the blood and the hand print lead him to believe it was from falling or diving away from something. The tracks seemed a bit muddles do to moving around in patterns, from what he could tell there were originally three sets of boot prints, two larger than the others. And from the looks of the one’s by the person that fell down they were defending them from something. That was the odd part, at times there seemed to be a fourth set of tracks but they were odd shaped to be boots, they didn’t look cloven or those of a paw pad of some sort. The tracks seemed to split up with the one single set moving away from the disturbance and quickly towards the other side of the building probably going out of the building. The other two he could see clearly after a possible fight or scuffle hurried moved upstairs, the track of one of the two seemed to favor one leg so a possible injury either broken or sprained ankle. The fourth set of tracks seemed the hardest to pick up since they were the least noticeable. Looking up the series of stairs up the deep grooves on the wall caught Holt’s attention. The looked to uniform in distance apart to be from multiple slashes from a weapon. Thoughts of something with claws came to mind.

(OoC: Tracking would be at minus 2 but I’ll give a plus two synergy bonus from the really good notice/forensics work. Short version something came up on the three, one bolted for the other side of the building in a dead sprint, two moved away in a different direction towards the stairs here. One fell down, one tried to defend the fallen and themselves they both went upstairs via the stairwell, there’s claw marks on the wall by the stairs from something.)
Oct 13, 2015 11:43 pm
Seeing the signs of a fight, Ellis switched the flashlight to his off hand and drew his pistol. Whatever did this was obviously dangerous, and he didn't want to tangle with it.

(OOC: I don't know if I stated which ammo was loaded, can I state that its the special/powered ammo?)

Rolls

Tracking (untrained, +2 bonus) - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (63) = 9

Oct 14, 2015 12:50 pm
(OoC: I figure you would have loaded the special ammo now if it wasn't already due to what you're noticing. Which way are you moving to track by the way?)
Oct 14, 2015 10:48 pm
(OCC: Ellis will track the one that fled across the room and try to establish a relatively secure zone. And yeah, he'd totally load the special ammo now or cast Smite.)
Oct 14, 2015 11:02 pm
Holt spared no time checking his clip to make sure whatever was here was going to get bullets to the face possibly for maximum "Back the hell up" effectiveness. Following the tracks leading out of the area and away he found they looked like they sped up. As he got closer to the far end of the corridor that ran the length of the building he slowed at several points where doors were off the hinges and scanned rooms before proceeding, He found a similar stairwell up and also going down it seemed on this end. The tracks lead out of the building, hiding your light source before you got close to the exit and looking around the tracks deepen a bit in the moist soil outside and head in a straight line. Holt halted in the threshold of the exit. The smell of the dead wafted up from the direction the footprint lead. Through the mist he couldn't see anything but besides the sound of the wind. The tracks do lead a ways into the mist though from what you can see in the low light with only tall grass as cover until you found the body it'd be search out in the open for the most part. Where the footsteps probably stop you have a pretty good idea you might find a dead body.

(OoC: What would you like to do? See if you can verify where the body is knowing something out there might have killed them or check out the next floor up? You could scan for the others or try and get a vantage on the body out in the open from higher up.)
Oct 22, 2015 10:31 pm
Ellis extinguished his flashlight and prepared to exit the building. He preferred to keep in cover, but if he didn't examine this trail first then any extra beasties who'd killed this one might follow the tracks back in side. He'd not trust his skin to ignoring a corpse.

(OOC: He'll sneak and try to find the body, only after assessing the situation for threats.)
Oct 23, 2015 12:56 pm
(OoC: Let me get a Notice then Stealth Check)
Oct 27, 2015 2:31 am
(OOC: rolling notice/stealth)

Rolls

Notice - (1d6+2, 1d6+2, RA)

1d6+2 : (5) + 2 = 7

1d6+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

Stealth - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (1) = 1

Oct 27, 2015 1:31 pm
Moving tentatively outside Holt eventually stumbled onto a body in heavy grass. It looked like someone Caucasian or he use to be, the small hole in the back of his head and the splatter of blood on the grass now dried were tell tale signs of how he possibly died. Turning over the body quietly squatting over the person revealed to Holt the likely guess to be fact, whoever shot this man did so and blow out the brains with one bullet, from the size of the exit it was definitely effective. You wonder if whoever took the shot is still in the area someone in the heavy fog and mist. As the wind churns the shroud of mist and fog around you it's still quiet.

(OoC: What would you like to do?)
Oct 29, 2015 2:48 am
(OOC: I'm guessing that Ellis can identify that this man isn't his subject.)

Ellis turns back and heads back in the direction of the building. That was, literally, a dead end and he needed to find his mark quickly. He hoped that this person wasn't a member of his target's team. If this was an opponent, perhaps the target was still alive—somewhere.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.