Cantina - OOC/Small Talk

load previous
Sep 7, 2015 4:59 pm
How many points can Hotwire recover from Catching Breath?
Sep 7, 2015 5:29 pm
I might be wrong, but I'm not sure there's "catching breath" in SS. I think your catching breath is my first-aid checks...
Sep 8, 2015 12:29 am
I confirmed there is catching breath, just as written in DS
Sep 8, 2015 5:00 am
Argh, a fumble. Ok will pause for Dextolen before reattempting the last door.
Sep 8, 2015 10:39 pm
I swear, if it's Grendelthebrave's character, I say we shoot it anyways for scaring us like that. :P
Sep 8, 2015 11:03 pm
Um... Done? Kalerik was going to do that anyway (he's not in the best mental condition). I didn't roll for defense... because I don't know the creature's defense.
... And I didn't actually mean it to work like that...
Last edited September 8, 2015 11:04 pm
Sep 8, 2015 11:13 pm
Ouch, a Coup. XD
Sep 9, 2015 12:16 am
I just critted Grendel...
Sep 9, 2015 12:20 am
LOL, I was waiting for a few more people to train their weapons on me, you nailed it! Haha, I deserve it for being so late.
Sep 9, 2015 7:13 am
Welcome to the game :)
Sep 9, 2015 4:20 pm
I can't not see Bruce Campbell reading those lines.
Sep 9, 2015 5:49 pm
Sorry, I didn't realize that the map wasn't working. It showed up fine for me.
Sep 10, 2015 7:20 am
Dextolen says:
I can't not see Bruce Campbell reading those lines.
Yep, same here. :)
Sep 11, 2015 5:44 pm
Forgive me, Dextolen, but in the weapons tables in SS document what's the dumbbell icon again? The Assault Rifle's stat for that column is given as -3 and OD is given as +4. Might've gotten switched in your post.
Sep 11, 2015 5:50 pm
Fixed the typo, thx

When you fire sustained fire mode (automatic fire) the recoil makes the weapon harder to control. So if the STR icon (dumbbell) shows a -x, you need to have an ST of at least x to not suffer a modifier.

STR: -3, so a character with a ST 3 suffers no penalty. A character with an ST of 2 suffers -1 (-3+2=-1), A person with a 1 ST suffers -2 (-3+1=-2). Lastly, a person with ST 0 suffers the full -3 to hit. Note a ST greater than the penalty does not get any bonus!
Sep 11, 2015 5:59 pm
Makes sense. Thanks! One can choose to fire single shots from an Assault Rifle, yes? SF mode is optional?
Sep 11, 2015 6:02 pm
Totally. SF also uses up the ammo, so you have to spend a round changing mags. Assume you have unlimited ammo unless I dictate otherwise in a scenario, yay DS!
Sep 11, 2015 6:28 pm
Dextolen says:
Hotwire takes one of 6 spacesuits. He also sees 4 hard backpack type devices he recognizes as zero-g thruster packs.

The door's security system gets the best of him, however.
1. We're talking about Hotwire's scan attempt failing, right? He hasn't tried to break into the workshop yet.
2. Is it possible to wear a spacesuit over one's clothes/armor? Hotwire is currently wearing a protective vest.
3. How about one's backpack and one of those zero-g packs?
Sep 11, 2015 6:34 pm
Shit, sorry I am at work and just scanned your post - thought you were picking the lock- Deleted my roll post.

The space suit is bulky enough to fit over your clothing and the protective vest (as it is thin compared to other forms of armor).

However, you would need to have it tailored to fit a Skal'az body.
Sep 11, 2015 6:48 pm
The last known image of Hotwire after finding space suits and limpet mines within 5 min of each other
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.