Stray Dogs Episode I - The Station of Death

load previous
Sep 11, 2015 7:39 pm
For a workshop there isn't much in the way of electronics in the room beyond the wall. No security camera, no sign of any automated defenses. You are detecting lots of little power packs and small electronics - all signs point to hand tools...
Sep 11, 2015 7:41 pm
Saru takes one of the rifles and follows Hotwire
Sep 11, 2015 8:01 pm
Nodding to Saru, rifle ready, Hotwire opens the door to the Workshop.
Last edited September 11, 2015 8:02 pm
Sep 11, 2015 9:01 pm
S'skaar will take a pistol, a space suit and zero-G thruster.

"We better remember to come back for all that stuff before blowing the frak out of that station... And don't give me that "It belong to the Empire" crap. This station has clearly been abandoned for a while ever since what happened here, so salvager's rights apply here..."
Sep 11, 2015 11:23 pm
This cluttered room doesn’t really fit, visually, with the rest of the station.Various tools, half finished projects and piles of junk lie about the room. No signs of life, no defense system. No other exits.
Sep 11, 2015 11:50 pm
"I'm thinking that we should expect some of those zombies in the medical bay. after all, if people got sick, they would go there, die, and rise up again there... I'm starting to think we should try to hack in the surveillance cameras feed before proceeding any further like that... Maybe we should go back to the bridge so that Hotwire can try to plug the camera feed directly to my laptop so I can bypass this frakking firewall..."
Sep 12, 2015 12:13 am
Retroactive : "Oh baby!" Chuck grabs the other two mines and ignition timers, as well as a pistol and assault rifle.

"How does it look in there Hotwire?"
Sep 12, 2015 2:34 am
"You're right, S'skaar. What do you guys say we truck the extra suits and weapons, and some of these workshop tools here, over to the Ronin? Then we can return to the station's bridge and get a hack going on that video feed. I suggest a couple of us stand guard while we move the gear though."
Sep 12, 2015 2:45 am
A quick grinch of the workshop reveals:

Various tools(280 credits)
A faulty sensor helmet its night vision non-functional
A broken cooling unit (8 cred)
a ToolStick (grants +1 to Engineering checks)
a welding torch
a toolbox (Engineering +1, Movement Rate -0.5).
Sep 12, 2015 2:59 am
You move whatever you wish back into the Ronin. Please let me know what new stuff you are taking back into the station with you.
Sep 12, 2015 3:03 am
S'skaar will leave his space suit and zero-G thruster in The Ronin after all. He'll keep the pistol on him though.

(OOC: Also, looks like we're going to have a fully decked out workshop on The Ronin after all. Hopefully, the medical bay will be as fruitful. :D)
Sep 13, 2015 4:16 am
"Okay, here's the inventory real quick.."
Quote:
4 Pistols
4 Assault Rifles
7 Protective Vests
4 Limpet Mines
4 Ignition timers

6 spacesuits.
4 zero-g thruster packs.

Various tools
1 faulty sensor helmet (night vision non-functional)
1 broken cooling unit
1 ToolStick
1 welding torch
1 toolbox
"I've got the ToolStick, 2 of the mines & timers, 1 of the rifles, 1 of the pistols, 1 spacesuit and thruster pack. Saru: 1 rifle. S'skaar: 1 pistol, 1 space suit & thruster pack. Chuck: 2 mines & ignition timers, 1 pistol, and 1 assault rifle. Everything else goes back to the Ronin, unless you're taking anything, Kalerik?"

"I suggest Saru & Chuck stand guard while S'skaar, Kalerik and I haul this stuff."
OOC: My spacesuit stays on the Ronin. Can the thruster pack be equipped (I already wear a backpack)? If yes, I equip it. If not, it stays on the Ronin. The rest of my loot stays on me.
Last edited September 13, 2015 4:52 pm
Sep 13, 2015 4:42 pm
"Now that this is done, how about we go back to the bridge? Hotwire, you can use your helmet's STA sensors on the panels to find out which circuits correspond to the security cameras, and then we can work on plugging my laptop to them so I can bypass that frakking firewall and see what else is waiting for us in this station... When this is done, I'm investing for sensors on my laptop..."
Last edited September 13, 2015 4:42 pm
Sep 13, 2015 5:12 pm
Hotwire is able to wear the thruster pack w/o the space suit.

The group makes its way back to the control room, the gruesome carnage a reminder of what lurks within the station.

Go ahead and try to hack again, S'skaar, enough time has passed that you have lost the previous penalties.
Sep 13, 2015 5:30 pm
(OOC: Ah, cool. I was afraid that those would be permanent...)

Rolls

S'skaar's Hacking check (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker+Laptop, CTN17) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Sep 13, 2015 5:32 pm
Hotwire helps S'skaar set up for the hack, patching together his helmet STA, the bridge console, and S'skaar's laptop.

Rolls

Engineering MND+DX (9) + Tech (3) + Engineer II (2) + ToolStick (1) = CTN (15) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Sep 13, 2015 6:09 pm
Firewall CTN 20

Rolls

Firewall CTN 20 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Sep 13, 2015 6:10 pm
The research base's firewall thwarts your first attempt (no need for Hotwire to help again, his help grants you +2, so that negates the -2 penalty if you try again.
Sep 13, 2015 6:11 pm
"Urgh, I really, really hate this firewall..."

Rolls

S'skaar's Hacking check (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker+Laptop-2, CTN15) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Sep 13, 2015 6:26 pm
Firewall CTN 20

Rolls

Firewall CTN 20 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

load next

Thread locked