Stray Dogs Episode I - The Station of Death

Aug 17, 2015 12:43 am
It's been a fairly routine couple of weeks aboard the Ronin. Working, however indirectly, for the crime lord Jorbo Pidana is never without a bit of excitement but moving freight (weapons, liquor and other contraband) from Voidspace into the League has almost started to become boring. The uneasy cease fire between The League and the Empire has really boosted trade, especially the illegal or freelance kind.

To you and your fellow crew, it's only business - a way to pay off the Ronin more quickly, before Jorbo alters the deal and puts you further into harms way doing things that insult your personal moral code. Just when the routine was starting to get to you, the Ronin's comm indicates an incoming holovid. You gather in the lounge and accept the transmission:

The familiar yet ugly face of Kilter, Jorbo's "Capo" or best guy, a Borgoz known for having a shorter temper than most of his kind. "Hey dere, crew of da Vencha. Reports are showin' that you are exceeding expectations on deliveries. No lost shipments. This pleases the boss. He has a special mission for you. If you are successful, he will consider removing 3 G's of your debt. It's a simple job, you need to pick up a lab technician, Ashley Williams, and bring them to a location we'll specify once you got him. The tech is waitin' for ya and willin'. Research Station L36. I can send the coordinates to the da Ronin's Nav.
Aug 17, 2015 2:14 am
"Passenger delivery eh? Crap, had we know we would have changed one of the pod for a passenger pod, not that we have toe funds for that anyways. As things are, space will be a bit cramped with an extra body in here... I'm sure we'll be able to work something out... Very well, send the coordinates Capo."

(OOC: I had proposed a few names here already. Personally, I like "The Ronin" as it implies being masterless...)
Last edited August 17, 2015 2:15 am
Aug 17, 2015 4:54 am
"Does this job require a lot of land walking? I'd really hate to be outta space for too long. Plus, might as well get as much piloting as I can in this ship, for practice reasons. And if it turns out to be too much trouble, the lab rat can have my bunk, I sleep at the controls anyway".
Having a sudden realization Kalerik turns to his fellow crew.
"And don't start having any ideas about converting my sleeping quarters into a storage space, because of that".
Last edited August 17, 2015 7:13 am
Aug 17, 2015 11:46 am
>WAYPOINT COORDINATES RECEIVED

> PLOT 345.212.034.301...
>VOIDSPACE
>NOTE! PROXIMITY TO IMPERIAL NO-FLY ZONE
>DESTIGNATOR : ////RESEARCH FACILITY L36////
>OWNER/NATIONALITY: UNKNOWN

>NAVIGATION PROGRAMMING
>HYPERDRIVE PLOTTING.....75%....2 MINUTES TO COMPLETE....
Aug 17, 2015 5:03 pm
Hereixth "Hotwire" T'ayil, the ship's engineer, licks his lips, "You ladies might wanna hold on to your skirts. I just spent the past 36 hours tweaking the hyperdrive and it is TASTY! Should cut hyperspace transit times by 7%."
Aug 17, 2015 6:10 pm
Everyone moves to the Ronin's command center and cockpit area and Hotwire punches the ship from sub-light into hyperspeed. The star field's points of light stretch into lines of light as the ship speeds off on a course towards L36.

The NAV system relates that the trip will take approximately 4 hours. What will people do with their time?
Aug 17, 2015 7:05 pm
Kalerik will spend a good chunk of the time sitting at the controls and watching space fly by (essentially daydreaming). He would probably take ten minute brakes every now and again to read about different maneuvers, especially those related to the Ronin.
Aug 17, 2015 7:13 pm
S'skaar will attempt to find out as much as he can about this Research Facility L36 since he doesn't like to head into the unknown like that. And if he can't find anything via "regular" channels, he can always try hacking for more information.
Last edited August 17, 2015 7:14 pm

Rolls

Research Data (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker, CTN 16) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

(Optional) Hacking check (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker+Laptop, CTN 17) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Aug 17, 2015 7:41 pm
S'skaar skillfully brings up all the data he can find on the facility, which is surprisingly very little.

The base focuses study on minerals/space mining - identifying the minerals in samples it is provided.
It is a space based research station
It has two universal airlocks/docking stations
Judging by a few manifests you find, there are about 20 staff

He sees a name associated with the station "Arum_Za", which he knows is a reversal of Mazura, the name of the Emperor
Not satisfied, he delves deeper and cracks an old Empire databank.

He easily gets passed the firewall and discovers:

This research facility was funded by the Imperial Hegemony - functioning in Voidspace, which is supposed to be off limits during the truce. Granted, there is no solid evidence should the Empire wish to disassociate with the facility.

Communications stopped two weeks ago with the facility.

Rolls

Firewall CTN 15 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Aug 17, 2015 7:57 pm
"Hey guys, you might want to look at this... I don't like this one bit. In what sort of mess is Capo sending us? Well, it's not like we have much choice anyways, Jobro pretty much has us by the balls (or the equivalent in species without balls) with what we owe him... I think we should expect trouble. Stay sharp everyone!"

With that, S'skaar downloads a schematic of the station onto his laptop for future use, just in case...
Last edited August 17, 2015 7:58 pm
Aug 17, 2015 8:02 pm
S'skaar doesn't find a schematic of L36 through either regular or hacked channels.
Aug 17, 2015 8:53 pm
Dextolen says:
S'skaar doesn't find a schematic of L36 through either regular or hacked channels.
"Well, that doesn't bode well..."
Aug 17, 2015 11:56 pm
"Sounds like this is going to be a party. Lizard, can you bring up any photos or vids of this place, anything that might help us? I dislike the idea of going in blind".
Aug 18, 2015 12:06 am
"I'll see what I can do... And I told you before to not call me 'Lizard'; you don't hear me calling you 'Potted Plant' now, do you?"

S'skaar will try to find any sort of image of the inside of the station to have any idea what the group is heading into.

Rolls

Hacking check (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker+Laptop, CTN 17) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Aug 18, 2015 12:30 am
"Oaky, got something. It's not much, but It'll have to do. Whatever this thing is, it seems to be very secretive. Not surprising considering it's an illegal Imperial base..."

S'skaar will download this to his laptop.
Aug 18, 2015 5:49 pm
Saru stands up and approaches S'skaar slowly shaking his head "I don't trust that Kilter a bit, his caste is only thieves and beggars." says while spitting on the floor. After a brief look at S'skaar's laptop he adds "I bet he is leading us to a trap." He cracks his knuckles with a defiant smile "Count me in"
Aug 18, 2015 6:16 pm
Kalerik remains speechless for some time, looking horrified at the glob of spit on his cockpit floor.
"This is not your jungle gym you unevolved chimp". Kalerik mumbles to himself in a barely audible voice as he discretely wipes the glob from the floor.
Aug 18, 2015 6:22 pm
"Considering all communications with the place stopped about 2 weeks ago, I doubt this is a trap, but I feel we're definitely heading into trouble. Hmm, maybe I could try to find more about those rocks they were studying; maybe this could give us a clue as to what might have happened in there..."

S'skaar will then try to find information about the minerals the station was studying...
Last edited August 18, 2015 6:23 pm

Rolls

Data Research (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker, total CTN 16) - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Hacking (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker+Laptop, total CTN 17) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Aug 18, 2015 7:07 pm
...S'skaar finds they have been studying comet samples, meteor and meteorites most recently.

Rolls

Firewall CTN 15 - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Aug 18, 2015 8:00 pm
OOC: I undersand Saru didn't hear what Kalerik's said. So he continues paying attention at the information S'skaar is collecting.

"I think you are right, no transmissions for 2 weeks looks like something went awfully wrong there. I've heard meteor mining is a really risky bussiness, they never know what they are going to find until they break them, radiation, alien bacteria..."
Aug 18, 2015 8:17 pm
At his console in the command center, Hotwire has tuned out the entire conversation and is listening instead to the Ronin "talk." As ship's engineer every beep, ping and click from the various instrument panels, the hum of the electronics and the subsonic vibration of the ion drives are a language that he understands instinctively.

He chuckles quietly when S'skaar calls Kalerik a "Potted Plant". Those without reptilian tongues find Skal'Az words and names difficult, and "Lizard" is hardly the most original nickname given one of their species. Hereixth T'ayil is glad someone long ago dubbed him "Hotwire."

Now the potted plant has just called the Borgoz an unevolved chimp. Things could get ugly now. He decides to pay attention to the conversation. Thankfully Saru plays it cool. Uncharacteristic of his species. L36 could be trouble. Jorbo sure knows how to pick 'em

"Things could get hairy on this mystery facility. I'm going to go check on our gear. I've also queued a weapons systems diagnostics for as soon as the Ronin comes out of hyperspace."
Last edited August 18, 2015 8:19 pm
Aug 18, 2015 9:22 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
"Things could get hairy on this mystery facility."
Kalerik chuckles and says to himself, "some of us would know about that wouldn't we". He says it to no one in particular, but seems (all of a sudden) very intent on examining and fiddling with his pack of cigars.
He knows he is shooting his mouth off, but he is becoming increasingly nervous as they draw nearer to danger and nearer to leaving the confines of the ship... and space.
Aug 18, 2015 11:22 pm
The ship comes out of light speed and in the distance you can see a small grey speck among the stars. That must be L36. The Ronin's systems indicate you've arrived at your destination. Normally when coming out of hyperspace near a facility of this sort you'd get hailed by the station. This does not occur...

The sublight engines hum to life and the sticks vibrate briefly in Kalerik's hands, indicating he has control.
Aug 19, 2015 12:08 am
"Bring us around Kalerik, I want to have a good look at this station, see if there's any outward damage. Who knows, being attacked by pirates is always a possibility."
Aug 19, 2015 12:34 am
Kalerik takes the Ronin around the station so that the crew can get a closer look. Nothing looks out of order. The external lights are on,

Please make search checks, etc as you wish. There is an occasional port hole but this side is mirrored to reflect solar radiation.

There are no signs of scarring or battle damage.
Aug 19, 2015 3:03 am
S'skaar will make a Search check.

Rolls

S'skaar's Search Check (MND+IN, CTN 12) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Aug 19, 2015 7:25 am
Saru gives Kalerik a death stare "Watch your mouth pansy, you don't want to see me angry." and continues paying attention to the mission.

My poor search check
Last edited August 19, 2015 7:32 am

Rolls

Search TN 4 - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Aug 19, 2015 8:15 am
Kalerik, now distracted by their destination, looks up and down hoping to find something.

Rolls

Kalerik Search (CTN: 8) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Aug 19, 2015 10:43 am
Hotwire nods in satisfaction as the ship's systems diagnostics results scroll across his console. He joins the others in a visual survey of the space station.
OOC: Doesn't the Ronin have sensors of some sort for this as well?

Rolls

Search (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Aug 19, 2015 11:44 am
RONIN SCANNER ARRAY

>PASSIVE BIOSCAN.....
>PASSIVE COMMUNICATION SCAN....
>PASSIVE STRUCTURE SCAN....

/// LIFE IS PRESENT ABOARD SHIP. APPROXIMATELY 2 DOZEN SIGNATURES THROUGHOUT THE STATION.
OTHER SCAN ATTEMPTS INCONCLUSIVE///

Rolls

RONIN BIOSCAN - (1d20)

RONIN COMMUNICATION SCAN - (1d20)

RONIN STRUCTURE SCAN - (1d20)

Aug 19, 2015 11:48 am
Everyone carefully studies the exterior of the ship and finds nothing out of the ordinary. One section of the ship must be a greenhouse or hydroponics area but the reflective glass is also covered with lots and lots of condensation, making it impossible to see through at all.
Aug 19, 2015 1:00 pm
Hotwire opens up the comms and tries hailing the station...
Last edited August 19, 2015 1:01 pm
Aug 19, 2015 1:31 pm
Hotwire gets no response....
Aug 19, 2015 1:51 pm
"Okay, I doubt we're going te get any more information flying circles around the station like that... Kalerik, dock the Ronin to the nearest airlock. Grab your gears boys, we're heading in and we have no idea what is waiting for us in there..."

S'skaar will go gather his equipment while Kalerik does his flying...
Aug 19, 2015 2:13 pm
basic diagram

There are two airlocks. "A" and "B". Which would you like to dock at?
Aug 19, 2015 2:58 pm
Kalerik steers the ship toward Airlock A. His nervousness only being countered by the thought of the weight of his pistol and the hum of his Chainsword.

Rolls

Easy Pilot Check (CTN: 8) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Aug 19, 2015 3:03 pm
The Humavari pilot navigates the Ronin to the airlock like a pro. Flicking a switch the Ronin docks with the universal coupler and systems indicate a solid connection.

Hotwire notices nothing new on the comms and no 'chatter' between the ship and the station post docking.
Aug 19, 2015 3:20 pm
"Alright, let's saddle up!" Hotwire makes sure everyone is ready before breaking their side of the seal on the airlock.
Last edited August 19, 2015 3:20 pm
Aug 19, 2015 3:29 pm
"Alright Saru, you go first, I'll be right behind you with my medical supplies and my flashlight if anything goes wrong. Kalerik and Hotwire, cover our rear. Okay, let's move!"
Aug 19, 2015 3:49 pm
When you get to the airlock you can see the door is locked on the outer side. There is a small panel with a numerical pad and a few other buttons - including a commlink Through the tiny window you can see everything looks normal inside the airlock itself. The door to the other side is closed, as you would expect.
Aug 19, 2015 3:51 pm
The outer hatch is locked. Hotwire gets to work bypassing the locking mechanism.

Once he manages to bypass the lock he activates his helmet's HUD and opens the inner hatch of the airlock. He has a quick peek into L36 before stepping aside to let Saru go first.
OOC:
-Not sure if Technician applies to this Open Lock roll. If it does (and if it matters) then that's an additional +3 to the CTN and I successfully crack the lock. Otherwise, no.
-Scanning the interior with whatever scanners are already installed on my HUD STA
Last edited August 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Rolls

Search (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Open Lock: MND (8) + DX (1) + Engineer II (2) = CTN (11) - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Aug 19, 2015 4:35 pm
Saru steps out of the ship walking slowly like a hunter looking for prey and nods to S'skaar's instructions. "Do your magic, Hotwire"
Aug 19, 2015 4:49 pm
"Need help with that airlock Hotwire?"
Aug 19, 2015 5:29 pm
Kalerik is always the last one out of the ship and the furthest behind the group. If combat starts he wants to be able to slip into the darkness so he can get a better vantage point. The first thing he would do is see what the artificial gravity is like in L36, hoping beyond hope it is deactiviated.
He will also get his equipment together while Hotwire is working on the lock.
Last edited August 19, 2015 5:29 pm
Aug 19, 2015 5:35 pm
Hotwire fiddles with the control panel, exposing a few wires and very soon the airlock door swishes open.

"PLEASE ENTER THE AIRLOCK" a calm, female computer generated voice requests.
Aug 19, 2015 10:49 pm
"You heard the lady boys. Saru, after you..."
Aug 20, 2015 3:15 am
The interior of the airlock is very neat and clean. All surfaces are stark white. A button on the other door blinks red. You've gone through enough airlocks to know that the expectation is your enter and seal the door leading to your ship, and then the button should turn green and you can open the door into the station.
Aug 20, 2015 5:13 am
OOC: Is there a window on the inner door? If yes, Hotwire activates his HUD visor and peers throug without opening the door. Search roll is in my previous post.
Aug 20, 2015 11:41 am
Hotwire looks into the station.

View out of the airlock portal

The halls is white and clean. He sees a door ahead of him. It has an icon on it of a space suit helmet. It appears the S shaped corridor goes left and right out of his field of vision.
Aug 20, 2015 12:27 pm
OOC: Any indication if atmosphere & artificial gravity are in place inside L36?
Aug 20, 2015 12:33 pm
The airlock panel icons show atmosphere and gravity are green (good)
Aug 20, 2015 12:37 pm
Hotwire pauses and waits for a thumbs-up "good to go" signal from each crew member before finally opening the door to L36. He steps aside for Saru and S'skaar to lead them into the hallway. Hotwire and Kalerik bring up the rear, the engineer making constant scan sweeps with his HUD visor.
Aug 20, 2015 12:48 pm
The airlock shuts on the Ronin side and there is a hiss as the pressure regulates to that of the station's. The door opens. "WELCOME TO RESEARCH FACILITY L36" says the calm, female voice you heard earlier.

Looking right, you see a door. There is a computer icon emblazoned on it. To the left the passage snakes around and continues onward.

Updated map
Aug 20, 2015 3:02 pm
"Hmm, a computer icon on the door... Hey guys, you think this could be the computer room? How fortunate. Perhaps I could log on those computers and check them to see what happened in here..."
Aug 20, 2015 3:22 pm
"Wouldn't that be convenient? Should I go ahead to see if there are any potential... problems. Not to point out anything, techy, but I've met drunken Borgoz who were quieter then you".
Aug 20, 2015 4:36 pm
S'skaar simply rolls his eyes at the Humavari's barbs and goes to open the "computer room's" doors...
Aug 20, 2015 4:48 pm
The doors open with a 'swish' and you see a large room that must be the command center for the station. The center of the room features computer stations. There are two other doors out of this room. One to your left and one in the wall beyond.

Updated map

Rolls

Something - (1d20)

Aug 20, 2015 5:15 pm
S'skaar will take a seat and work his magic, looking through the computer's database to find all he can about the station and what might have happened... Since the communications stopped about 2 weeks ago, he's going to try and find out information for the past month just to be sure. Diaries entires, security camera footage, communication logs, scientific reports, etc. Anything that can be of use...

Rolls

S'skaar's Data Reserach check (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker, CTN 16) - (1d20)

(5) = 5

S'skaar's Hacking check (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker+Laptop, CTN 17) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Aug 20, 2015 5:44 pm
First, he tries to hack the firewall

He finds that the research facility's firewall has been heavily encrypted, making it more difficult than he expected

"(You may try again, at a -2 penalty, and roll the Firewall of the system as a contested roll to your own. CTN 20.)

Rolls

Firewall CTN 20 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Aug 20, 2015 6:24 pm
S'skaar grumbles then tries again.

Rolls

S'skaar's Hacking check (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker+Laptop-2, CTN15) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Aug 20, 2015 6:40 pm
The system security gets the best of him again!

(Can repeat at -4)

Rolls

Firewall CTN 20 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Aug 20, 2015 6:48 pm
"Alright... What is it huu-mans say? 'Third time's a charm?'"

Rolls

S'skaar's Hacking check (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker+Laptop-4, CTN13) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Aug 20, 2015 7:06 pm
"Alright, one last try, but if I fail this, I doubt I'll be able to get anything..."

"...Okay, let's get out of here..."

(OOC: Unless I still managed to get something with the regular Research Data check?)
Last edited August 20, 2015 7:07 pm

Rolls

S'skaar's Hacking check (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker+Laptop-6, CTN11) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Aug 20, 2015 7:24 pm
While S'skaar busies himself with the computers, Hotwire does a close examination of the two doors, and attempts a Bio scan of the rooms beyond as well.
OOC: Door on the left first.

Rolls

Search door on the left (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(5) = 5

If possible, Scan beyond door on the left (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Search the other door (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

If possible, Scan beyond door (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Aug 20, 2015 9:47 pm
Hotwire walks around the control station and moves towards the door to the left. On the floor are some large cigar shaped droppings. About the size of a cucumber. The door has no traps and the bioscanner reads nothing... The other door is also unremarkable - The bioscanner reads that there are about a half dozen life forms beyond...
Aug 21, 2015 3:59 am
Hotwire relays his findings to the crew. "Half a dozen life forms beyond this door. Could be hostiles or could be station crew hiding from whatever dropped that turd. I say lock & load, gents."
Last edited August 21, 2015 7:46 am
Aug 21, 2015 6:55 am
Saru nods to Hotwire and prepares for battle. He approaches the door, ready to open it, waiting for a signal from his comrades confirming they are ready.
Aug 21, 2015 7:09 am
Kalerik gives the "ok" to Saru and attempts to slip into the shadows behind his allies. Perhaps he would be able to sneak up behind a poor fellow and run his chainsword through his back.

(OOC: I realize, in hindsight, that I probably did not need to add "Stealth II")
Last edited August 21, 2015 7:11 am

Rolls

Sneak Check w/ Stealth II (MOB+AG+4: CTN: 16) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Aug 21, 2015 2:15 pm
S'skaar will take cover behind one of the computer consoles, taking out his hold out laser pistol, and nod that he is ready...
Aug 21, 2015 2:22 pm
Saru puts his meaty fist to the door open button and it swishes open to reveal a conference room. Standing all about are a half dozen men - 4 in lab coats, 1 in a technician's jumper and 1 in security officer's uniform. They face different directions. One turns and you can see his features are sunken in and eyes are milky white. Blood crusts his mouth and you see his chest is riddled with bullet holes. The man howls a raspy growl and raises his hands toward you. The others turn and do likewise. You can see that they too look wounded and cadaverous!

"Combat Round to follow after I get back from a meeting!
Aug 21, 2015 3:24 pm
"I think I've seen that in old 20th and 21st century human data files. I think they're called 'zombies' and apparently the humans had lot of trouble with those back in the 20th and 21st century judging by all the amount of documentaries they made about these creatures..."
Aug 21, 2015 3:36 pm
kalajel says:
"I think I've seen that in old 20th and 21st century human data files. I think they're called 'zombies' and apparently the humans had lot of trouble with those back in the 20th and 21st century judging by all the amount of documentaries they made about these creatures..."
XD

"If I'm not mistaken they used those pokemen to destroy them, right?"
Aug 21, 2015 3:49 pm
"Could be. Those old data files are very old and very damaged, plus they sometimes seem to contradict themselves... those could be slow zombies or fast ones, I can't tell right now. Either way, I think we need to stake them through the heart... Or maybe its a silver bullet; I don't quite remember... I swear, the old humans must have had an infestation of those every other week..."
Aug 21, 2015 3:50 pm
ROUND ONE

Initiative
12 S'skaar DEF: 10, HP: 16/16 SP: 0
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP: 18/18, SP: 0
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 16/16, SP: 0
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 22/22, SP: 0
4 Undead Scientists (4) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 100% , 100% , 100% , 100% , 100%
4 Undead Security DEF: 17, HP: 100%

Conditional Modifiers
S'skaar is behind medium cover
Kalerik is sneaking (CTN 9)

COMBAT MAP
Click to view/move your pawn (Move on your turn only). Reference color of target's border in your attack.
Aug 21, 2015 3:51 pm
ParvusDomus says:
"If I'm not mistaken they used those pokemen to destroy them, right?"
Kalerik roles his eyes and powers on his chainsword.
"All right, Donkey Kong, get ready to do some cutting".
Last edited August 21, 2015 3:52 pm
Aug 21, 2015 4:57 pm
OOC: Dex I think your got my numbers wrong: I have DEF 18 while unarmed (16 when armed with 12 INI)

By the way the map looks great
Last edited August 21, 2015 4:58 pm
Aug 21, 2015 5:09 pm
Noticing that the zombies have a bit too much cover right now, compared to where he is, S'skaar will brace against the console and take aim (aiming action) in order to provide cover fire for those who will be in melee, or to snipe a zombie if it walks out into the open...
Aug 21, 2015 5:53 pm
Kalerik decides to slip in just behind Hotwire to keep his cover and, if all goes well, use Saru and Hotwire as a distraction against these corpse-like creatures.
Aug 21, 2015 8:05 pm
Saru delays his action. He'll attack (unarmed) the first zombie to get to melee distance. At the end of the turn if no one is at melee distance he'll shoot (holdout pistol so free action to draw) any enemy he can. If he ends unarmed his INI is 10 and DEF 18, if he ends up with the pistol his INI is 12 and DEF 16

Rolls

ATTACK (16 -3 OD if unarmed, 13 -2 OD if using pistol) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

ENEMY DEF (15 or 17 depending on the enemy) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Aug 22, 2015 1:58 am
Hotwire draws his holdout laser and blasts one of the zombies before ducking around the doorway. "We can't let them out of that room or we'll end up trashing the station's command consoles!"
Last edited August 22, 2015 6:23 am

Rolls

Shooting at Blue zombie - RAT (11) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

zombie DEF - (1d20-2)

(10) - 2 = 8

Aug 22, 2015 11:07 am
The creatures spill forward, attacking the first thing they come across, in this case Saru.

The first zombie swings wide, losing his balance, he topples to the ground (-2 to attacks, -2 to Def next round)

The rest paw at the Borgoz but he withstands the pain.

Rolls

Zombie Attack 15 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Saru DEF 18 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Zombie Attack 13 + Gang Up Bonus (1) 16 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Saru DEF 18 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Zombie Attack 13 + Gang Up Bonus (2) 17 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Saru DEF 18 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Aug 22, 2015 11:11 am
ROUND TWO

Initiative
12 S'skaar DEF: 10, HP: 16/16 SP: 0
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 16/16, SP: 1
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 22/22, SP: 1
4 Undead Scientists (4) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 100% , DEAD , 100% , 100% , "100%
4 Undead Security DEF: 17, HP: 76%

Conditional Modifiers
S'skaar has been aiming one round (+2)
Kalerik is sneaking (CTN 9)

COMBAT MAP
Click to view/move your pawn (Move on your turn only). Reference color of target's border in your attack.
Aug 22, 2015 2:38 pm
S'skaar will shoot the bule undead security officer between Saru and Hotwire.

Rolls

S'skaar's Attack (RAT 13, +2 for aiming, -1 for melee, Total CTN 14) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Security Zombie's DEF (DEF 17, -2 for hould out laser, Total CTN 15) - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Aug 23, 2015 3:26 pm
Kalerik will come out of Hotwire's Shadow and will attempt to run his chainsword through the first security zombi.

Rolls

Attack, (BOD+STR+WB; CTN: 13). - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Enemies Defense, (17, -3 for chainsword, CTN:14) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Aug 23, 2015 4:13 pm
Hotwire blasts the downed zombie again with his holdout laser. His free hand hovers over the door control panel. He intends to close the door if things get too nasty.
Last edited August 23, 2015 4:51 pm

Rolls

Shooting at Blue zombie - RAT (11) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Zombie DEF 17 -2 (holdout laser) -2 (prone) = CTN (13) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Aug 23, 2015 4:19 pm
Hotwire blasts the undead security guard on the floor, for 6pts of damage.

+1 SP to Hotwire.
Aug 23, 2015 5:49 pm
Saru will attack unarmed at the purple zombie

Editing to add my slayer dice
Last edited August 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Rolls

Attack 16 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Def 15-3 =12 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Slayer dice - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Aug 23, 2015 9:09 pm
Saru comes in strong with both hands to either side of the lab tech's head. The furious blow crushes the man's skull like an egg shell and he drops without a sound. (28 pts of damage - dead!)

+1 SP to Saru
Aug 24, 2015 12:35 am
The zombie on the ground stands up

The others move in, focusing on Saru again

Rolls

Zombie Attack 13 + Gang Up Bonus +1 = 14 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Saru DEF 18 - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Zombie Attack 13 + Gang Up Bonus (1), lateral 15 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Saru DEF 18 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Aug 24, 2015 12:36 am
ROUND THREE

Initiative
12 S'skaar DEF: 10, HP: 16/16 SP: 1
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 22/22, SP: 2
4 Undead Scientists (4) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 100% , DEAD , 88% , 100% , "100%
4 Undead Security DEF: 17, HP: 25%

Conditional Modifiers

COMBAT MAP
Aug 24, 2015 2:07 am
S'skaar will attempt another shot on the blue zombie between Saru and Hotwire.

Rolls

S'skaar's attack (RAT 13, -1 melee, total CTN 12) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Zombie's DEF (DEF 17, -2 hold out laser, total CTN 15) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

S'skaar's Slaying Dice (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Aug 24, 2015 2:32 am
S'skaar's keen understanding of technology makes him one with his laser....13 pts of damage!

+1 SP to S'skaar.
Aug 24, 2015 2:50 am
Kalerik is going to grumble, "can't let you all have all the fun". And attempts another swing, with his chainsword, at the blue security zombie.

Rolls

Attack (CTN: 13) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Enemies Defense (CTN: 14) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Aug 24, 2015 11:54 am
The zombie pushes back against your assault, unharmed, as the chainsword grinds against his body armor.
Aug 24, 2015 1:01 pm
Saru attacks the green zombie

Rolls

Def 12 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Attack 16 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Aug 24, 2015 1:06 pm
The punch grazes the zombie for 3 pts. damage

+1 SP to Saru
Aug 24, 2015 2:51 pm
Hotwire holds his position and fires at the blue zombie's skull.
OOC: I got skipped, should've gone after Kalerik. Ooh look at that...a coup! :-D
Last edited August 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Rolls

Shooting at Blue zombie - RAT (11) + Shooting into Turmoil (1) = CTN (12) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Zombie DEF 17 -2 (holdout laser) = CTN (15) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Slayer Die - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Aug 24, 2015 5:03 pm
Despite a well aimed shot from Hotwire, the zombie absorbs the shot!
Aug 24, 2015 5:11 pm
The push of zombies forces the security guard to shuffle further into the room. He turns to try to attack Saru from the rear!
The rest stumble into the room.

The (red) lab-coated zombie turns to bite the Humavari

The (green) scientist attacks Hotwire

The (Yellow) technician attacks Saru

The (Black) researcher reaches for Hotwire

Both Saru and Hotwire take 5pts damage each

Rolls

Red Zombie Attack Saru 13 + 2 (rear) +1 Gang-up = 16 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Saru Def 18 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Yellow Zombie Attack Saru 13 +1 Gang up 14 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Saru Def 18 - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Green Zombie Attack Hotwire 13+1 gang up = 14 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Hotwire DEF 9 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Black Zombie Attack Hotwire 13+1 Gang up = 14 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Hotwire DEF 9 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Aug 24, 2015 5:13 pm
ROUND FOUR

Initiative
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP: 18/18, SP: 1
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 11/16, SP: 2
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 18/22, SP: 2
4 Undead Scientists (4) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 76% , DEAD , 60% , 100% , "100%

Conditional Modifiers

COMBAT MAP
Aug 24, 2015 9:18 pm
S'skaar will attempt to finish off the security zombie he was shooting.

Rolls

S'skaar's attack (MAT 13, -1 melee, total CTN 12) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Security Zombie's DEF (DEF 17, -2 for hould out laser, Total CTN 15) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

S'skaar's Slaying Dice (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Aug 24, 2015 11:02 pm
Another well placed shot but it just impacts on the guard's armored vest.
Aug 24, 2015 11:41 pm
Kalerik will, once again, attempt to stab the zombie with his chainsword while getting visibly frustrated.
"Ok, time for you idiots to be relieved of Graveyard shift", he grumbles.
Last edited August 24, 2015 11:43 pm

Rolls

(1) = 1

Enemy Defense (CTN: 14) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Aug 25, 2015 12:23 am
No need to roll your slaying die, as the chainsword makes a gory mess of the security guard.

+1 SP to Kalerik
Aug 25, 2015 4:48 am
Having taken a hit, Hotwire works the door control panel to shut the black and yellow zombies out. He also tries to squeeze off a shot at the green zombie.
OOC: Not sure if an attack is possible after operating the door. Including the rolls just in case.
Last edited August 25, 2015 4:53 am

Rolls

Engineering MND+DX (9) + Tech (3) + Engineer II (2) = CTN (14) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Shooting at green zombie - RAT (11) + Shooting into Turmoil (1) = CTN (12) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Zombie DEF 15 -2 (holdout laser) = CTN (13) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Aug 25, 2015 11:46 am
Let's say you can shut the door as a move action (no roll required, you just close it). In a later round you can lock it as a move action or use a skill check to more permanently shut it.

Hotwire slams his scaly fist onto the door actuation button and it closes, sealing the room from some of the undead. He then plugs one of the lab coated zombies with his pistol, doing 7 pts of damage

+1 SP to Hotwire
Aug 25, 2015 4:41 pm
*Saru regenerates 1HP.*

...and he attacks the red zombie back.

Rolls

attack 16 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

def 15-3=12 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Aug 25, 2015 5:15 pm
The claws rip through the arm of the zombie, doing 6pts of damage

+1 SP to Saru
Aug 25, 2015 5:20 pm
The zombie steps forward, swinging at Kalerik, missing him widely.

While the other lunges at Saru, connecting but the Borgoz blocks the blow.

From the other side, the zombies begin banging on the door violently. A fist shaped dent forms in the surface!

Rolls

Red Zombie attacks Kalerik MAT 13 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Kalerik DEF 8 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Green Zombie attacks Saru MAT 13 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Saru DEF 18 - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Feat of Strength CTN 13 - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Feat of Strength CTN 13 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Aug 25, 2015 11:45 pm
ROUND FIVE

Initiative
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 19/22, SP=0
4 Undead Scientists (3) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 76% ,40% , 100% , "100%

Conditional Modifiers

COMBAT MAP
Aug 26, 2015 12:28 am
S'skaar will move and shoot the red zombie between Saru and Kalerik.

Rolls

(3) = 3

Zombie's DEF (DEF 15, -2 hold out laser, total CTN 13) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Aug 26, 2015 1:28 am
Kalerik will follow up on S'skaar's shot with his chainsword spinning. He too, will slash the red zombie.

Rolls

Attack (CTN:13) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Enemies Defense (CTN: 12) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Aug 26, 2015 10:47 am
"These doors won't hold those two much longer! We need to put these two down NOW!" Hotwire continues working the control panel, teasing out security override commands to shut the blast doors on this bulkhead.

Rolls

Engineering MND+DX (9) + Tech (3) + Engineer II (2) = CTN (14) - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Aug 26, 2015 11:06 am
Contested v. Firewall

Rolls

Firewall CTN 15 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Aug 26, 2015 11:07 am
The system security rejects Hotwire's commands.

He could try again next round at -2
Aug 26, 2015 11:10 am
OOC: How about I spend SP to reroll that now? :-D

EDIT: Oops I thought that was an option but I see it's reroll attack, not a check. NVM.
Last edited August 26, 2015 11:12 am
Aug 26, 2015 11:13 am
*Saru regenerates 1 HP*

Saru attacks the green zombie (Kalerik no, the other one :p) to give Hotwire some space to work.

And use 3 SP for an extra attack (if green is still alive he will attack him, if not he'll attack red)
Last edited August 26, 2015 11:15 am

Rolls

Attack 16 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

def 12 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

extra attack 16 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

extra def 12 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Aug 26, 2015 12:29 pm
He hits the lab coated zombie for 5 pts of damage.
Aug 26, 2015 12:34 pm
A zombie attacks Saru while the other attacks Kalerik.

Both Stray Dogs defend themselves adequately.

Meanwhile, the zombies outside continue to pound the door, One pounds another dent in the door but the other seems to have given up. (2/3 feats of strength passed)

Rolls

Kalerik DEF 8 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Zombie Attacks Saru 15 - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Saru DEF 18 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Feat of Str CTN 13 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Feat of Str CTN 13 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Zombie Attack 15 Kalerik - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Aug 26, 2015 12:37 pm
ROUND SIX

Initiative
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 20/22, SP=0
4 Undead Scientists (3) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 76% ,DEAD , 100% , "100%

Conditional Modifiers
2 of 3 Feats of Strength to bash through door (one zombie has given up).

COMBAT MAP
Aug 26, 2015 1:58 pm
Hotwire yells in the Skal'az tongue, "S'skaar, I can't get past the damn firewall to get the blast doors to shut!"
OOC: It's ok to speak out of turn as long as no actions, right? :-)
Last edited August 26, 2015 2:05 pm
Aug 26, 2015 3:20 pm
S'skaar will move back to the console, no time to holster his gun and take out his laptop, he'll try hacking the console without the help of his laptop in order to lock the doors.

Rolls

S'skaar's Hacking check (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker, CTN16) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Aug 26, 2015 5:30 pm
Firewall CTN 15

Rolls

Firewall CTN 15 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Aug 26, 2015 5:31 pm
The firewall blocks you. (you know the drill on repeat attempts)
Aug 26, 2015 5:50 pm
Kalerik will attempt to slash zombie with his chainsword.

Rolls

(4) = 4

Enemy Defense (CTN: 12 - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Aug 26, 2015 6:44 pm
"Dammit!" Hotwire uses his free hand to throw the lock switch on the door. He hopes the door will hold. He discharges his weapon into the back of the zombie's head.

Rolls

Shooting at green zombie - RAT (11) + Shooting into Turmoil (1) + from behind (2) = CTN (14) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

(15) = 15

Slaying Dice yeah! (CTN 14) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Zombie Def (CTN 13) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Aug 26, 2015 6:56 pm
*Saru Regenerates 1 HP*

"Nice shoot Hotwire!!"

Saru attacks red zombie and retreats from the door.

OOC: whops, a fumble in an unarmed attack. If prone could I use my move action to stand up instead of retreating?
Last edited August 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Rolls

attack 16 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

def 12 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Aug 26, 2015 7:02 pm
Standing up is a full round action.
Aug 26, 2015 7:12 pm
Hotwire shoots the zombie, who's skull erupts in flame from the laser blast

+1 SP to Hotwire
Aug 26, 2015 7:14 pm
The last zombie in the room attacks Saru while he's down but the Borgoz' thick fur protects him ( I deleted my post as I had not yet read of Hotwire's coup on green). The roll was a hit but defended.

The zombie outside bangs on the door but it doesn't budge.
Aug 26, 2015 7:14 pm
ROUND SEVEN

Initiative
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP: 18/18, SP: 2
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 11/16, SP: 3
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 21/22, SP=0
4 Undead Scientists (2) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 60% , 100% , "100%

Conditional Modifiers
2 of 3 Feats of Strength to bash through door (one zombie has given up).

COMBAT MAP
Aug 26, 2015 7:28 pm
"Well frak that!"

S'skaar leaves the console alone and moves to get a better shot of the red zombie then attempts to finish it off.

(OOC: Of for #$%'s Sake! XD)
Last edited August 26, 2015 7:29 pm

Rolls

(20) = 20

(9) = 9

Aug 26, 2015 8:23 pm
S'skaar's laser is out of juice. He will have to spend a full round to reload (if he wishes to use it again this combat)
Aug 26, 2015 9:16 pm
Kalerik attacks the zombie . Now too tired to mock anybody... well, almost too tired.
"Just Die!... Again!"

Rolls

(4) = 4

Enemy's Defense (CTN: 12) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Aug 27, 2015 2:58 am
Hotwire shoots, then moves towards cover.
OOC: I'm unable to move my token using my phone. Can someone put Hotwire beside S'skaar? MR=3.

Rolls

Shooting at red zombie - RAT (11) + into Turmoil (1) = CTN (12) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

(12) = 12

SLAY! SLAY! SLAY! (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

DEF (CTN 13) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Aug 27, 2015 3:07 am
You don't need to roll a second def on slaying dice. So you did 12+3=15 and he blocked 12, so 3 pts

+1 SP to Hotwire
Aug 27, 2015 6:49 am
*Saru Regenerates 1HP*... and stands up
Aug 27, 2015 11:27 am
Zombie attacks Kalerik

Nipping "1 Hp

Rolls

CTN 15 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Kalerik Def 8 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Aug 27, 2015 11:30 am
Pounding

The door is pushed down by the frothy zombie tech! The other zombie turns back to join the assault.

Rolls

CTN 13 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Aug 27, 2015 11:50 am
ROUND EIGHT

Initiative
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 11/16, SP: 0
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 22/22, SP=1
4 Undead Scientists (2) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 60% , 100% , "85%

Conditional Modifiers
Door to conf. Room permanently open

COMBAT MAP
Aug 27, 2015 2:49 pm
S'skaar will take this round to change his energy battery in his gun.
Aug 27, 2015 3:33 pm
Kalerik will attempt to slash at the red zombie.

Rolls

(6) = 6

Enemies Defense (CTN:12) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Aug 27, 2015 4:31 pm
With his free hand Hotwire draws his holdout pistol and discharges both weapons at the wounded zombie. *Blam! Blam!* Then he attempts to get behind the computer console by jumping over it...but fails miserably. "FRAKK!"
OOC: Cashing in 3SP for the extra attack.
Last edited August 27, 2015 5:05 pm

Rolls

Holdout laser vs red zombie - RAT (11) + into Turmoil (1) = CTN (12) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

(7) = 7

Holdout pistol vs red zombie - RAT (10) + into Turmoil (1) = CTN (11) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Zombie DEF 15 -2 (holdout pistol) = CTN (13) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

MOB (7)+AG (0) -1 (short) = CTN (6) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Aug 28, 2015 8:12 am
*Saru regenerates 1 HP*

With a fast kick Saru sweeps yellow zombie's leg.
Last edited August 28, 2015 8:12 am

Rolls

Attack 16 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Def 12 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Aug 28, 2015 11:51 am
Saru's attack trips the zombie
+1 SP to Saru
Aug 28, 2015 11:58 am
The red zombie attacks Kalerick, while the tech stands up and the other zombie bites at Saru

Rolls

Zombie attacks Kalerik CTN 15 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Kalerik Def 8 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Zombie attacks Saru CTN 15 + 1 Lateral =16 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Saru DEF 18 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Aug 28, 2015 11:58 am
[]ROUND NINE

Initiative
4 Undead Scientists (2) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 60% , 100% , "85%

Conditional Modifiers

COMBAT MAP
Aug 28, 2015 2:25 pm
S'skaar wil continue to attempt finishing off that red zombie between Saru and Kalerik... (not the key word "attempt" :P )

Rolls

S'skaar's attack (MAT 13, -1 melee, total CTN 12) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

(11) = 11

Aug 28, 2015 3:24 pm
Kalerik will follow S'skaar's lead and slice at the red zombie.

Rolls

(4) = 4

(4) = 4

Aug 28, 2015 3:38 pm
Hotwire drops to the deck and fires from prone.

Rolls

Holdout Laser vs red zombie - RAT (11) + prone (2) + penalty for Turmoil (-1) = CTN (13) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

(2) = 2

Aug 28, 2015 5:46 pm
Saru attacks yellow again

OOC: seriously? the dice hate me
Last edited August 28, 2015 5:47 pm

Rolls

Attack 16 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Def 15 -3 OD -2 (prone)=10 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Aug 28, 2015 6:34 pm
PILE ON!

All 3 Zombies attack the Borgoz while he's down, but the monkey man blocks them all!

Rolls

CTN 15+2+2=19 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Saru DEF 18-2=16 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

CTN 15+2+2=9 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

(13) = 13

CTN 15+2+2=19 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

(16) = 16

Aug 28, 2015 6:35 pm
ROUND TEN

Initiative
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 11/16, SP: 1
4 Undead Scientists (2) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 28% , 100% , "85%

Conditional Modifiers

COMBAT MAP
Aug 29, 2015 4:02 am
S'skaar will charge up his hold out laser this round.
Aug 29, 2015 4:05 am
BuuuuuuuuuuuuuUWWWWWEEEEEEEEE.......
Aug 29, 2015 4:38 am
Kalerik will attempt to slice open the red zombie again. While letting out a curse about some fungus in piloting academy that cheered him at dice.

Rolls

(15) = 15

(6) = 6

Aug 29, 2015 4:59 am
Don't forget your Slayer Points - something you could do with them...
Aug 29, 2015 5:28 am
Hotwire fires his holdout pistol at the most injured zombie. At the same time, he sets his holdout laser to overcharge mode.
OOC: holdout laser overcharging this round, ready to fire next round, yes?

Rolls

Holdout pistol vs red zombie - RAT (10) = CTN (10) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Zombie DEF 15 -2 (holdout pistol) = CTN (13) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Aug 29, 2015 6:41 am
Saru uses 1 SP to stand up and attacks the yellow bastard (if I'm not wrong this one is still prone).

Rolls

attack 16 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

def 10 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Aug 29, 2015 1:04 pm
Two of the zombies climb to their feet, while one turns and walks to the Skal'az duo, drawn by the beeping of their laser pistols.

Rolls

Zombie Attack 15 Hotwire - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Hotwire DEF 8 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Aug 29, 2015 1:05 pm
ROUND 11

Initiative
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 11/22, SP=1
4 Undead Scientists (2) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 28% , 100% , "85%

Conditional Modifiers

COMBAT MAP
Click to view/move your pawn (Move on your turn only). Reference color of target's border in your attack
Aug 29, 2015 2:28 pm
S'skaar will attempt to finish off the red zombie in melee between Saru and Kalerik with his overloaded shot before backing up.

(OOC: sigh...)
Last edited August 29, 2015 2:29 pm

Rolls

S'skaar's attack (MAT 13, -1 for melee, total CTN 12) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Zombie's DEF (DEF 15, -8 overloaded hold out laser, total CTN 7) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Aug 29, 2015 2:37 pm
Kalerik will attack the red zombie, aiming for a soft spot underneath.

OOC: I am using my SP to give the zombie a -2 to defense

Rolls

(14) = 14

Enemies Defense (CTN:10) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Aug 29, 2015 4:46 pm
Hotwire scrambles to his feet and discharges his holdout laser pistol in overcharge mode at the zombie tussling with Kalerik before falling back.
OOC: Spending 1SP to get up from prone, shooting at Red, then moving 3m away from Black.

Rolls

Holdout Laser vs red zombie - RAT (11) + around obstacles (-1) = CTN (10) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Zombie DEF 15 -2 (holdout laser) -8 (overload) = CTN (5) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Aug 31, 2015 6:36 am
Saru attacks the yellow zombie again. His claws fly near the zombie's head but can't connect.
Last edited August 31, 2015 6:37 am

Rolls

Def 12 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Attack 16 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Aug 31, 2015 11:51 am
The zombie near the Skal'az chases after the retreating Hotwire... while the two around Saru continue to gang up on the hearty Borgoz. One manages to get into him, doing 11 pts of damage

Rolls

Attack Hotwire CTN 15 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Hotwire DEF 8 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Attack Saru CTN 15+2 (Behind) +1 (Gangup) = 18 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Saru DEF 18 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Attack Saru CTN 15+1 (Gangup) = 16 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Saru DEF 18 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Aug 31, 2015 11:53 am
ROUND 12

Initiative
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 13/22, SP=0
4 Undead Scientists (2) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 20% , 100% , "85%

Conditional Modifiers

COMBAT MAP
Click to view/move your pawn (Move on your turn only). Reference color of target's border in your attack
Aug 31, 2015 2:31 pm
While his hold out laser cools off, S'skaar will attempt to perform first aid on Hotwire before moving toward Saru.

Rolls

S'skaar's First Aid check (MND+DX+First Aid, total CTN 14) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Aug 31, 2015 2:36 pm
Kalerik will shout, "Saru!" As he barrels into the red zombie.

Rolls

(13) = 13

(11) = 11

Aug 31, 2015 3:06 pm
Kalerik nicks the Zombie with his chainsword doing 2 pts of damage

+1 SP to Kalerik
Aug 31, 2015 3:24 pm
Holdout laser carefully pointed at the zombie's face while the weapon charges up to overload, his other weapon idle at his side, Hotwire falls back calmly.
OOC: Taking half movement and Taking Aim.
Sep 2, 2015 9:31 am
*Saru regenerates 1HP*

Saru howls with fury and attacks yellow again. His attack is way too furious and he loses balance but can recover at the end (spend 1SP to stand up).
Last edited September 2, 2015 9:34 am

Rolls

attack 16 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

defense 12 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Sep 2, 2015 11:26 am
The Zombie turns to Kalerik and takes a swing at him, while the technician bites at Saru.

Meanwhile the black zombie lurches forward to attack Hotwire again...

Kalerik is struck for 6 pts damage!

Rolls

(6) = 6

Kalerik DEF 8 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

(7) = 7

Saru DEF 18 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Zombie attacks Hotwire - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Hotwire DEF 8 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Sep 2, 2015 11:27 am
ROUND 13

Initiative
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP: 16/18, SP: 1
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 13/22, SP=0
4 Undead Scientists (2) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 20% , 100% , "85%

Conditional Modifiers

COMBAT MAP
Sep 2, 2015 1:51 pm
S'skaar will attempt a token shot at the zombie near Hotwire before moving in position to heal Saru next round.

Rolls

S'skaar's attack (RAT 13) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

(19) = 19

Sep 2, 2015 1:59 pm
Kalerik will attempt to slash the red zombie.

Rolls

(20) = 20

(5) = 5

Sep 2, 2015 2:07 pm
Kalerik's chainsword bounces back slicing him

Kalerik, attack yourself with your chainsword - per the rules
Quote:
Risky Weapon: Attacker hits himself in an attack fumble (Make a new roll, if a miss or another fumble is rolled, roll again).
Don't forget to also roll your own DEF (-2)
Sep 2, 2015 2:35 pm
Kalerik's scream is cut off as he slashes himself.

Rolls

Attack against self (CTN: 13) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Kalerik's defense (CTN: 5) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Sep 2, 2015 2:50 pm
Hotwire backs up some more before firing at the zombie's face.

Rolls

Holdout Laser vs black zombie - RAT (11) + Aiming (2) = CTN (13) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Zombie DEF 15 -8 (overload) = CTN (7) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Sep 2, 2015 4:36 pm
*Saru regenerates 1HP*

His anger growing stronger Saru attacks yellow again.
Last edited September 2, 2015 4:37 pm

Rolls

Attack 16 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Def 12 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Sep 2, 2015 4:48 pm
The zombie continues to chase after Hotwire, swinging at him.

The other zombies attack Kalerik and Saru again

With great ferocity, the zombie lunges at Kalerik, doing 15 points of damage!

Saru stumbles and the zombie does 15 points of damage!

Hotwire fairs a bit better, taking 2 pts of damage!

Rolls

(15) = 15

Kalerik DEF 8 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

(15) = 15

Saru DEF 18 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Zombie Attacks Hotwire 15 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Hotwire DEF 8 - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Sep 2, 2015 4:51 pm
ROUND 14

Initiative
12 S'skaar DEF: 10, HP: 16/16 SP: 2
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP: 3/18, SP: 1
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 13/16, SP: 0
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 3/22, SP:0
4 Undead Scientists (2) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 10% , 100% , "85%

Conditional Modifiers
Saru is unconscious!

COMBAT MAP
Sep 2, 2015 4:52 pm
(If Kalerik would like to spend 1 SP to ignore 2 damage he make do so)
Sep 2, 2015 7:09 pm
Dextolen says:
(If Kalerik would like to spend 1 SP to ignore 2 damage he make do so)
Kalerik would do that, looks like my chainsword is working fine...
Sep 2, 2015 10:56 pm
S'skaar attempts a quick first aid check on Saru, hoping agains all odds he'll succeed in waking him up... He'll then move in positio nto heal up Kalerik.

(OOC: Oh great, first check I succeed in a while and I only managed to give back 2 HP to Saru...)
Last edited September 2, 2015 10:56 pm

Rolls

(4) = 4

Sep 2, 2015 11:01 pm
In the midst of mortal combat, S'skaar sees life return to the Borgoz' face.
+1 SP to S'skaar.
Sep 2, 2015 11:38 pm
Kalerik will attack the zombie again with his chainsword. Kalerik is grimacing in pain.

Rolls

(6) = 6

(3) = 3

Sep 3, 2015 12:09 am
Kalerik's chainsword grinds into the torso of the zombie, who appears close to death (again) 3 pts damage +1 SP to Kalerik
Sep 3, 2015 5:38 am
Fleeing from one zombie, Hotwire pushes past S'skaar and Kalerik and gives himself a dose of S.T.I.L.L. but realizes he hasn't quite made it to safety when he finds himself right next another one of the zombies!

Rolls

S.T.I.L.L. (1d20/2hp - I wonder if the RNG does division?) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Sep 3, 2015 10:29 am
*Saru regenerates 1 HP*

"Thank you S'skaar, this won't be forgotten"

The wounded Borgoz stands up slowly looking at the zombie in defiance.
Sep 3, 2015 11:20 am
The zombies strike at each of the stray dogs...

Doing 12 pts of damage to Kalerik!

Rolls

(12) = 12

Kalerik DEF 8 - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Zombie Attacks S'skaar 15 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

S'skaar DEF - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Zombie attacks Saru 15 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Saru DEF 18 - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Sep 3, 2015 11:23 am
Kalerik you can add 3 to your defense, thus blocking, if you spend your 1 SP. Otherwise Kalerik will die
Sep 3, 2015 1:33 pm
Dextolen says:
Kalerik you can add 3 to your defense, thus blocking, if you spend your 1 SP. Otherwise Kalerik will die
Kalerik will spend the SP then (I'm getting nervous ;)...).
Sep 3, 2015 2:07 pm
ROUND 15

Initiative
12 S'skaar DEF: 10, HP: 16/16 SP: 3
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP: 5/18, SP: 1
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 13/16, SP:1
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 4/22, SP:1
4 Undead Scientists (2) & Undead Tech DEF: 15, HP: 68%

Conditional Modifiers

COMBAT MAP
Sep 3, 2015 2:43 pm
S'skaar will attempt to heal Kalerik and then move the hell away from the zombie Hotwire so generously brought to him...

(OOC: Another 2 points healed on Kalerik)
Last edited September 3, 2015 2:44 pm

Rolls

(3) = 3

Sep 3, 2015 2:51 pm
Kalerik, now in extreme pain, attacks the red zombie.

Rolls

(13) = 13

Zombies Defense (CTN:12) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Sep 3, 2015 3:13 pm
+1 SP to S'skaar for healing his teammate, who promptly saws the zombie right down the middle in two with his chainsword. Blackish red ichor covers the entire group.

+1 SP to Kalerik
Sep 3, 2015 3:31 pm
Hotwire keeps moving. He flips his holdout laser to overcharge mode again and aims it carefully at the zombie in the conference room.
OOC: Taking half movement and Taking Aim at the yellow zombie. Holdout laser in overcharge mode.
Sep 4, 2015 7:07 am
*Saru regenerates 1HP*

"Well done kid, really inspiring" says Saru, then looks at the zombie for a second and starts chanting " Kali ma... Kali ma... Kali ma, shakthi deh!"
wile thrusting his claw in to the (yellow) zombie's chest and ripping his heart out.

OOC: finally :)
Last edited September 4, 2015 7:14 am

Rolls

attack yellow 16 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

yellow's def 12 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

slayer dice - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Sep 4, 2015 10:16 am
The undead technician's head is crushed by the massive blow from the Borgoz, sending him down to the ground to live no more.

+1 SP to Saru

The last zombie attacks Kalerik

Kalerik - spend 1 sp to ignore 2 damage, I assume?

Rolls

(8) = 8

Kalerik DEF 8 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Sep 4, 2015 10:18 am
ROUND 16

Initiative
12 S'skaar DEF: 10, HP: 16/16 SP: 3
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP: -6/18, SP: 0
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 13/16, SP: 1
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 4/22, SP:2
4 Undead Scientists (1) DEF: 15, HP: 68%

Conditional Modifiers

COMBAT MAP
Sep 4, 2015 2:54 pm
S'skaar will scoot over and start overcharging his laser as well.
Sep 4, 2015 3:07 pm
Kalerik, realizing that there is only one zombie left. Attacks it.

Rolls

(20) = 20

(4) = 4

Sep 4, 2015 7:28 pm
Hotwire has the undead technician in his weapon's sights when Saru tears it apart. The Skal'Az immediately swings his aim over to the one remaining zombie. He hesitates momentarily when Kalerik swings and fumbles with his chainsword, then opens fire.

Rolls

Holdout Laser vs zombie - RAT (11) = CTN (11) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Zombie DEF 15 -8 (overload) = CTN (7) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Sep 4, 2015 8:00 pm
The zombie's chest is fried clean through by the laser blast but it keeps fighting
+1 SP to Hotwire

(Kalerik, you still need to attack yourself)
Sep 4, 2015 8:21 pm
Kalerik misses and (accidently) drives his chainsword toward his chest.

Rolls

(13) = 13

Kalerik's Defense (CTN:5) - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Sep 4, 2015 9:14 pm
Kalerik's chainsword bounces off of the zombie's skull and flings back against the Humavari's head, mortally wounding him.

Kalerik is -6 HP. If he had gone negative BOD +1 he would have been dead. Instead, he is unconcious
Sep 5, 2015 10:51 am
*Regeneates 1HP*

Saru moves to Klerik's position to protect the wounded Humavari and attacks the zombie.

If the zombie is still alive Saru spends 3 SP to do an extra attack
Last edited September 5, 2015 10:57 am

Rolls

attack 16 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

def 12 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

slayer dice - (1d20)

(17) = 17

extra def 12 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

extra attack 16 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Sep 5, 2015 12:11 pm
Saru attacks with precision, nearly tearing off the zombie's head - but life still remains. As it tries to gather itself he slaps it again, knocking the head clean off.

VICTORY!

1 XP EACH
+0.5 GOOD IDEA BONUS to Hotwire - For shutting the door during the fight, preventing half of the zombies from attacking for several rounds.

Congratulations!
Sep 5, 2015 10:21 pm
"Do you guys spot any water I can use to wake Kalerik up? He's probably going to need some fixing afterward..."
Sep 6, 2015 6:33 am
*Saru keeps regenerating*

OOC: Man I love that regeneration stuff :)

"I'll scout the next room to be sure there are no more zombies coming while you tend the plant boy."

Hands a STILL to S'skaar.
"Hotwire, come with me, you'll help me locking the doors."
Last edited September 6, 2015 6:37 am
Sep 6, 2015 2:14 pm
"You've got it man." Hotwire replies, holstering his weapons and following Saru. "What the frak happened on this scrap heap, is what I'd like to know. Remind me to remind S'skaar to take a peek at the video log files."

"Hey Saru," the squat Skal'Az adds while he removes his shock glove, "I was thinking you'd make far better use of this than I ever could. If it'll fit your big grubby paw, that is." Hotwire hands the glove to Saru.
Sep 6, 2015 2:57 pm
S'skaar will inject Kalerik with Saru's S.T.I.L.L.

"Hey Hotwire, it might be a better idea to give your glove to Kalerik instead, so he'll have something to use in melee which won't chop him up to pieces..."

Kalerik regains 2 hp.

S'skaar will then try a first-aid check on him right away, see if he can bring him up further...

Kalerik regains another 14 HP.
Last edited September 6, 2015 2:59 pm

Rolls

S.T.I.L.L. - (1d20)

(4) = 4

(1) = 1

S'skaar's First-aid Slaying Dice (CTN 14) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Sep 6, 2015 3:02 pm
Hotwire shrugs."This thing is for fighting with your fists, more King Kong Fu's style here than Celery Stick over there. But whatever, they can flip for it if they want."
Last edited September 6, 2015 3:02 pm
Sep 7, 2015 7:27 am
Saru respectfully gives the gloves back to Hotwire
"I appreciate that Hotwire, but I'm more comfortable with my hands free and besides S'skaar is right we better give plant boy an alternative weapon so he stops hurting himself"
Sep 7, 2015 8:22 am
Hotwire shrugs and puts the glove back on. "Well, what did you want to check out again? You said something about some doors."
Last edited September 7, 2015 8:38 am
Sep 7, 2015 8:34 am
As Kalerik splutters awake. He will gasp and look around. His hair is still bright red from zombie gore. Sitting, with his back against a wall, Kalerik will casually light a cigar and sit back, exhausted.
"I am quite fond of my sword, thank you very much. What I really need is to be back in my ship. There are barely any viewports here". Kalerik mumbles to himself as he smokes his cigar.
Sep 7, 2015 9:20 am
"Your choice kid."
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Hotwire shrugs and puts the glove back on. "Well, what did you want to check out again? You said something about some doors."
"Yes, I want to be sure there's only one door open at the same time so we don't get surrounded by those freaks. I'll need you to lock them all with some kind of code. There's one door in this room and two on the next."

"When everyone is back to health we can continue exploring the building, one room at a time"
Sep 7, 2015 5:02 pm
"Yeah I can do that. Good idea. Might have a better chance of digging my claws into the system if S'skaar punches a hole in the firewall for me though. How 'bout it, S'skaar?"
Last edited September 7, 2015 5:03 pm
Sep 7, 2015 5:31 pm
"I tried several time already and failed, I'm not sure I can manage to break through that firewall" (OOC: I'm assuming tis -2 cumulative penalty is still in effect despite having taken a few minutes off the console...) "But hey, feel free to borrow my laptop and give it a try yourself if you want."
Sep 7, 2015 9:24 pm
"Man, you know I'm no hacker! That's not how I roll. Let's see if I can kick this old-school!" Hotwire checks the remains of the zombie scientists for access cards or keys. Next he pries open one of the door control panels and fiddles with the circuitry. "See, any fool can short-circuit a door. The trick is making it so it only opens for you."
OOC: Hotwire doesn't have the Hacker talent.

Rolls

Rewiring the door: MND+DX 9 + Technician 3 + Engineer II = CTN 14 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Sep 8, 2015 12:31 am
Hotwire has successfully 'hacked' this door - he can set it to only open/close for a specific 3 digit code.
Sep 8, 2015 4:44 am
"That's why they call me Hotwire." the engineer says with a grin. Having dealt with the remaining door out of the command center, he moves to the conference room to do the two doors leading from there.

Rolls

Hotwiring the door on the left: MND+DX 9 + Technician 3 + Engineer II = CTN 14 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Hotwiring the other door: MND+DX 9 + Technician 3 + Engineer II = CTN 14 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Sep 8, 2015 4:57 am
"Hmm...that's no good. Lemme try that again." Having failed to rewire either door to his liking, Hotwire concentrates on the door across from the command center.

Rolls

MND+DX 9 + Technician 3 + Engineer II + 2nd attempt = CTN 12 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Sep 8, 2015 1:25 pm
There is a spark and the door opens...
Sep 8, 2015 1:37 pm
Beyond is a stark, white hallway. There is a door on the eastern wall of the hallway that has black and yellow stripe around it's frame. At the end of the hall is a blast door that has "LABORATORY B" stenciled on it.
Sep 8, 2015 2:08 pm
"Frak! Looks like I screwed that up and this particular door is permanently open. Lemme check." Hotwire hits the door actuator to see if it will close & lock normally.
Sep 8, 2015 2:15 pm
it doesn't close - the LED readout says "PIN PLEASE" - but you didn't set one...
Sep 8, 2015 2:22 pm
Kalerik shrugs. "Well, you did better then I could have. But this does not look good". Kalerik will pull out his holdout pistol and frown at Saru.
Sep 8, 2015 2:35 pm
Hotwire moves to retry jerry-rigging the eastern door of the conference room. He grins as the door succumbs to his ministrations. "Yeah that's what I'm talkin' about!" He looks forlornly at the rebellious southern door. "Two out of three ain't bad, I guess."
Last edited September 8, 2015 2:38 pm

Rolls

MND+DX 9 + Technician 3 + Engineer II + 2nd attempt = CTN 12 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Sep 8, 2015 3:11 pm
The door shuts as instructed.
Sep 8, 2015 4:59 pm
"How about we go back and check out that room which was next to the airlock? I'd just like to be sure that if we have to retreat to the Ronin, we won't encounter more of those things blocking our way because we did not properly secure the area..."
Sep 8, 2015 5:37 pm
As you are discussing next steps in the control room, the door you came through opens and a someone, or someTHING in a space suit shambles into the room, arms stretched toward you. The copper sun visor is down, so you cannot see the face.

You can hear a mumbling or wail come from inside as it lurches forward...
Sep 8, 2015 8:10 pm
Saru adopts his combat stance, ready to attack.
Last edited September 8, 2015 8:11 pm
Sep 8, 2015 9:32 pm
S'kaar takes out his hold out laser and aims at the thing.

"Lift up the visor or remove the helmet or be shot!"
Sep 8, 2015 10:13 pm
The figure steps forward and moans....oooooooOOOOoooohhh...and the visor flips up...
Sep 8, 2015 10:56 pm
Kalerik, who is now freaking out, fires as soon as the visor flips up. He isn't planning to be bitten again... no matter how cool it looks.
Last edited September 8, 2015 11:41 pm

Rolls

Attacking Walker (CTN:10) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Sep 9, 2015 12:12 am
The figure shambles forward, hands moving to the sides of the helmet. As the group's weapons are trained on the newcomer, the space-suited figure looks from side to side, and moves its hands back to the side of the helmet, pawing furiously around the front and sides.

As the Humavari's shot rings out, the figure drops to its back, a smoking hole in the front of the space suit. With a slow roll, and what might be a groan under the helmet, the humanoid finally finds the release to the visor on the space suit.

A strained human face is revealed underneath, and a loud gasp sounds as visor is lifted, followed by a low groan of pain. "Ooowwwwwww... Stupid mask was stuck and I had no air supply... I must say that I'm relieved you're using lasers and not biting. Forgive my rudeness, but I'm just going to lie here a minute longer, that shot caught me pretty good."
Last edited September 9, 2015 12:17 am

Rolls

DEF 7 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Sep 9, 2015 12:36 am
S'skaar goes to try and heal the human's wonds.

"Sorry about that, but well, I guess you now why we shot first and decided to ask questions later... So anyways, what the hell happened here?"
Last edited September 9, 2015 2:18 am

Rolls

(12) = 12

Sep 9, 2015 4:10 am
The man sits up slowly, and struggles to remove the cumbersome helmet that was part of the now compromised space suit. He looks at each of the party members, thinking for a moment, "well, I guess you guys have the look of a bunch of Strays so we might be able to come to an agreement."

The stranger shrugs off the painful wound for a moment and grins at the team, "the name's Finley, Chuck Finley. I was on a job when the locals went all squirrely. Not just any kind of squirrely either. Cannibal squirrel squirrely. I figured I would suit up and wait them out in vac, but the helmet and I had a disagreement."

Chuck stands up, having caught his breath somewhat. "So! What do you guys say? I'll cut you in to, say 20% of my take for this," he holds up a small thermos container, "for a ride out of here?"
Sep 9, 2015 7:22 am
Saru relaxes and approaches the newcomer and offers his hand.

"You know how to make an entrance, humming. I'm Saru."

"We have a job to do here before leaving, you can join us if you want in the meantime. After we are done you'll be allowed in our ship for, as you said, 20% of your share for each of us." Saru smiles letting his fangs show to remark he is not really "negotiating".
Sep 9, 2015 7:45 am
"What the frak have you got in there anyway?" Hotwire says, pointing at the thermos. As he speaks, Hotwire bio scans the zombie remains and runs a scan on the newcomer as well. Can't be too careful - can't have this guy going for their brains later.
Last edited September 9, 2015 2:01 pm
Sep 9, 2015 1:08 pm
"Saru is right, we can't leave as of yet because we have a job to do here... Also, do oyu have any idea what the hell happened here? What caused all this?"
Sep 9, 2015 4:11 pm
"All I know is that the scientists started getting sick, and then bitey soon aftewards," Chuck pauses, and examines the corpses, counting with his right hand. "There are LOTs more of them by the way, around 24 staff by my last check. Anyway, my employer gave me some cute comment about the water supply, he could be full of shit, but he also might know something, you know how fixers are. Either way, I've been sticking to the liquor cabinet, you know, to be safe." He says the last with a wink.

"This, however," Chuck holds up the thermos to the Skal'Az who asked him about it. "Is currently empty. Best I can determine what I'm looking for is in Lab A. They keep some rocks in there I guess."

"Oh, one more thing, we'd probably do best to avoid the crew quarters, as most of the scientists went to bed to rest it off before they, you know, got hungry."
Sep 9, 2015 4:20 pm
"Hmm, if this thing is in the water, it might be in the air too... I suggest we find a way to decontaminate ourselves before gong back to The Ronin... Last thing we want to do is spread that thing outside this station... Speaking of which, I also suggest we blow it up to smitherines... Hotwire, once we're done here, you think you can set up some charges?"

S'skaar will turn to Chuck.

"Well, I assume you know the layout of this facility?"
Sep 9, 2015 4:28 pm
Chuck's eyes light up when the Skal'Az mentions destroying the station. "I've had enough time to get a look around the place, yeah. I also may have brought some explosive, just in case."

"Here's what I know of the layout," Chuck says, motioning the others to gather around while he sketches out the layout on a nearby datapad.

OOC: Map will be posted to map thread.
Sep 10, 2015 7:02 am
Hotwire flips his HUD visor up and lools at Chuck intently. "Call me Hotwire." He jabs a finger at the map. "Weapons locker. That's where we're going next. When we've done the job we salvage this heap before we blow it up. Most of what I want will be in this workshop near our airlock. It'd be a good idea to hit the med center too, seeing how much hurt these squirrels can dish out. Speaking of which," Hotwire jerks a thumb at the zombie remains, "You think it's safe to say the guy we came for has already turned into one of those things? Maybe we already cut him to pieces. What's his identification again?" He flips his HUD back down and starts shuffling through the ID cards he got off the corpses.
Sep 10, 2015 7:22 am
"A force field in LAB B? I wonder what's in there..."
Sep 10, 2015 7:29 am
"And is it still there or has it busted out? Remember the turd I found by the door back on the bridge?"
Sep 10, 2015 2:18 pm
"Yeah, that's weird. I don't think zombies would be the kind to take a dumpe every once in a while... I agree with Hotwire, we drop by the weapons locker first, then the medical bay, then the workshop, then we'll go check your lab A..."
Sep 10, 2015 2:25 pm
"Wait a minute, Hotwire told something about some surveliance cameras... Maybe you can hack them and see what is in each room?"
Sep 10, 2015 2:35 pm
"With the firewall this station is using, I think it's beyond my abilities, sadly..."

(OOC: remember all those cumulative -2 penalties I got for failing all those previous rolls, if I try hacking again, I think my CTN will be like 4...)
Sep 10, 2015 2:47 pm
"Old fashioned exploration it is, then."

"You think you could do anything if you get local access to the mainframe? this way you wouldn't need to cross their firewall...?"
Sep 10, 2015 3:04 pm
"Ah yes, the weapon locker sounds great! Maybe we can find some more explosives to use when we scuttle this thing."
Sep 10, 2015 3:13 pm
"I don't see where else I could do that, according to your map, where we just were in the bridge. So unless Hotwire tries to fidget with the consoles' wires to see if he can disable the firewall that way, I don't see how else, or where else, we could accomplish that..."
Last edited September 10, 2015 3:13 pm
Sep 10, 2015 3:19 pm
"Well, all we want is the feed from the cameras, right? If we tap directly onto the hard lines with your laptop then that might do it. Even if we don't get the whole system at the very least we can take a peek at each area before we go in. Might be more trouble than it's worth though but might be worth a shot. Actually if we can just get our hands on some scanners with some decent range then that's really all we need."
Sep 10, 2015 3:30 pm
"The workshop back by the airlock, or the labs might be our best bet for scanners. I don't know what they were working on to make a better guess, but those are the likely candidates."
Sep 10, 2015 3:40 pm
"Very well, sounds like we have an itinerary; weapons locker, than workshop, then medical lab, then lab A..."
Sep 10, 2015 7:01 pm
"Well then if you'll follow me, gents..." Hotwire heads down the hall towards the weapons locker.
Sep 10, 2015 7:06 pm
You make your way down to the door. It is yellow and black striped and has a security panel in the wall next to it. The door looks more sturdy than others you've seen on the station. Stenciled on the door is "MAGAZINE" "AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY"
Sep 10, 2015 7:23 pm
"Anyone know the combo?"

OOC: Is the security panel just a keypad, or are there biometrics?
Sep 10, 2015 7:43 pm
Typical card slot and keypad
Sep 11, 2015 6:34 am
"I've got this." Hotwire shuffles through the I.D. access cards again and comes up with the one taken from the undead security officer. He pries open the door control panel and fiddles with the wiring before sticking the I.D. card into the slot and punching a code the keypad.
OOC: I imagine the I.D. access card will affect the roll and make this job easier.
Last edited September 11, 2015 6:43 am

Rolls

Hotwiring the weapons locker door: MND+DX 9 + Technician 3 + Engineer II = CTN 14 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Sep 11, 2015 10:09 am
Firewall

Rolls

Firewall CTN 15 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Sep 11, 2015 10:23 am
You open the door! Inside is a small closet type space. There are racks on the walls with:

4 Pistols (WB+2, OD-3, INI +1, Rng -1/10m)
4 Assault Rifles (2h) (WB+4, OD-4, ST-3, INI -1, Rng -1/10m, Weapon Effects: Sustained Fire, Knockdown)
7 Protective Vests (L category, protects chest, AV +1)
4 Limpet Mines (Magnetic, 2d20 damage; OD/2, 3M radius, Auto-knockdown)
4 Ignition timers
Sep 11, 2015 10:24 am
Anyone who's checking out the locker please roll perception.
Sep 11, 2015 12:50 pm
Howire's eyes glitter as they sweep over all the ordnance. "Oh, that's tasty!" He takes one of the assault rifles. "Come to papa!"
Last edited September 11, 2015 4:42 pm

Rolls

Perception: MND 8 + IN 4 = CTN 12 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Sep 11, 2015 3:16 pm
"You guys go ahead and take what you need, my role in combat is to make sure you come out of it in one piece so I won't be doing that much shooting... I'll take whatever is left."
Last edited September 11, 2015 3:16 pm

Rolls

S'skaar's Perception check (MND+IN, CTN 12) - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Sep 11, 2015 4:11 pm
S'skaar notices an empty spot on the floor that would fit a crate or object of about 1m by .5m. There is a small restocking bar code on the wall next to it that reads "UA 571-C Automated Defense Unit"
Sep 11, 2015 4:48 pm
"Hey, what's that? There was an automated turret in there? Shit, we might have to deal with that set up somewhere... Hotwire, I think we really should try to hack into that camera feed..."
Sep 11, 2015 5:03 pm
"I agree. A UA 571-C is bad news. Let's take care of this ordnance. Whatever weapons we're not carrying let's offload to the Ronin. Stop by the workshop on the way. Then we try the hack before we proceed. I suggest we each carry one of these." Hotwire hands out a limpet mine and ignition timer to each of the others. He also takes one of the pistols.
Sep 11, 2015 5:20 pm
"That mine will be wasted on me, give it to Saru or Kalerik instead, or even our new friend Chuck here..."
Sep 11, 2015 5:28 pm
"More for me then." Hotwire stuffs both his mines into his backpack. "Let's move!"
Sep 11, 2015 6:01 pm
The group makes its way back to the room with the airlock. The door that was immediately ahead of the airlock is now open and you see space helmets and suits hanging on the walls. This must have been where Chuck came from.

To the northwest is a door marked "WORKSHOP"
Sep 11, 2015 6:13 pm
Hotwire takes one of the suits and stuffs it in his pack, then peeks around the corner down the corridor before continuing to the workshop. He pauses at the door and attempts a bio scan of the room beyond using his helmet STA.
OOC: Are those helmets different from the one Hotwire already has on?
Last edited September 11, 2015 6:15 pm

Rolls

Scanning - CTN 10 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Sep 11, 2015 6:32 pm
Hotwire takes one of 6 spacesuits. He also sees 4 hard backpack type devices he recognizes as zero-g thruster packs.

His scan reveals no life forms beyond the door
Sep 11, 2015 7:06 pm
"No life forms, it says. But a hot gun turret? Maybe. Now if there are cameras in this workshop there should be cables transmitting the video feed to the bridge." Hotwire switches mode on his helmet STA for a hardware/tech scan.
Last edited September 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Rolls

Scanning - CTN 10 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Sep 11, 2015 7:39 pm
For a workshop there isn't much in the way of electronics in the room beyond the wall. No security camera, no sign of any automated defenses. You are detecting lots of little power packs and small electronics - all signs point to hand tools...
Sep 11, 2015 7:41 pm
Saru takes one of the rifles and follows Hotwire
Sep 11, 2015 8:01 pm
Nodding to Saru, rifle ready, Hotwire opens the door to the Workshop.
Last edited September 11, 2015 8:02 pm
Sep 11, 2015 9:01 pm
S'skaar will take a pistol, a space suit and zero-G thruster.

"We better remember to come back for all that stuff before blowing the frak out of that station... And don't give me that "It belong to the Empire" crap. This station has clearly been abandoned for a while ever since what happened here, so salvager's rights apply here..."
Sep 11, 2015 11:23 pm
This cluttered room doesn’t really fit, visually, with the rest of the station.Various tools, half finished projects and piles of junk lie about the room. No signs of life, no defense system. No other exits.
Sep 11, 2015 11:50 pm
"I'm thinking that we should expect some of those zombies in the medical bay. after all, if people got sick, they would go there, die, and rise up again there... I'm starting to think we should try to hack in the surveillance cameras feed before proceeding any further like that... Maybe we should go back to the bridge so that Hotwire can try to plug the camera feed directly to my laptop so I can bypass this frakking firewall..."
Sep 12, 2015 12:13 am
Retroactive : "Oh baby!" Chuck grabs the other two mines and ignition timers, as well as a pistol and assault rifle.

"How does it look in there Hotwire?"
Sep 12, 2015 2:34 am
"You're right, S'skaar. What do you guys say we truck the extra suits and weapons, and some of these workshop tools here, over to the Ronin? Then we can return to the station's bridge and get a hack going on that video feed. I suggest a couple of us stand guard while we move the gear though."
Sep 12, 2015 2:45 am
A quick grinch of the workshop reveals:

Various tools(280 credits)
A faulty sensor helmet its night vision non-functional
A broken cooling unit (8 cred)
a ToolStick (grants +1 to Engineering checks)
a welding torch
a toolbox (Engineering +1, Movement Rate -0.5).
Sep 12, 2015 2:59 am
You move whatever you wish back into the Ronin. Please let me know what new stuff you are taking back into the station with you.
Sep 12, 2015 3:03 am
S'skaar will leave his space suit and zero-G thruster in The Ronin after all. He'll keep the pistol on him though.

(OOC: Also, looks like we're going to have a fully decked out workshop on The Ronin after all. Hopefully, the medical bay will be as fruitful. :D)
Sep 13, 2015 4:16 am
"Okay, here's the inventory real quick.."
Quote:
4 Pistols
4 Assault Rifles
7 Protective Vests
4 Limpet Mines
4 Ignition timers

6 spacesuits.
4 zero-g thruster packs.

Various tools
1 faulty sensor helmet (night vision non-functional)
1 broken cooling unit
1 ToolStick
1 welding torch
1 toolbox
"I've got the ToolStick, 2 of the mines & timers, 1 of the rifles, 1 of the pistols, 1 spacesuit and thruster pack. Saru: 1 rifle. S'skaar: 1 pistol, 1 space suit & thruster pack. Chuck: 2 mines & ignition timers, 1 pistol, and 1 assault rifle. Everything else goes back to the Ronin, unless you're taking anything, Kalerik?"

"I suggest Saru & Chuck stand guard while S'skaar, Kalerik and I haul this stuff."
OOC: My spacesuit stays on the Ronin. Can the thruster pack be equipped (I already wear a backpack)? If yes, I equip it. If not, it stays on the Ronin. The rest of my loot stays on me.
Last edited September 13, 2015 4:52 pm
Sep 13, 2015 4:42 pm
"Now that this is done, how about we go back to the bridge? Hotwire, you can use your helmet's STA sensors on the panels to find out which circuits correspond to the security cameras, and then we can work on plugging my laptop to them so I can bypass that frakking firewall and see what else is waiting for us in this station... When this is done, I'm investing for sensors on my laptop..."
Last edited September 13, 2015 4:42 pm
Sep 13, 2015 5:12 pm
Hotwire is able to wear the thruster pack w/o the space suit.

The group makes its way back to the control room, the gruesome carnage a reminder of what lurks within the station.

Go ahead and try to hack again, S'skaar, enough time has passed that you have lost the previous penalties.
Sep 13, 2015 5:30 pm
(OOC: Ah, cool. I was afraid that those would be permanent...)

Rolls

S'skaar's Hacking check (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker+Laptop, CTN17) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Sep 13, 2015 5:32 pm
Hotwire helps S'skaar set up for the hack, patching together his helmet STA, the bridge console, and S'skaar's laptop.

Rolls

Engineering MND+DX (9) + Tech (3) + Engineer II (2) + ToolStick (1) = CTN (15) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Sep 13, 2015 6:09 pm
Firewall CTN 20

Rolls

Firewall CTN 20 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Sep 13, 2015 6:10 pm
The research base's firewall thwarts your first attempt (no need for Hotwire to help again, his help grants you +2, so that negates the -2 penalty if you try again.
Sep 13, 2015 6:11 pm
"Urgh, I really, really hate this firewall..."

Rolls

S'skaar's Hacking check (MND+IN+Technician+Hacker+Laptop-2, CTN15) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Sep 13, 2015 6:26 pm
Firewall CTN 20

Rolls

Firewall CTN 20 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Sep 13, 2015 6:29 pm
SUCCESS!

WELCOME TO RESEARCH FACILITY L36
> Station plans
> Communications [ONE UNREAD MESSAGE]
> Security Cameras
> Door locks
> Lighting
> Temperature
> Artificial gravity
> Life support
> Station log
Sep 13, 2015 6:51 pm
"Finally! About frakking time!"

S'skaar nervously sticking his tongue out, a bit how a snake would as he looks at the home screen, wondering what to begin with... He then decides to start with the station log...
Sep 13, 2015 9:31 pm
Station log - lots of boring data on items coming in and out. It doesn't take long for S'skaar to find that there was a "contamination event" regarding OBJECT 1404 (METEOR FRAGMENT). There are no details regarding the nature of the 'event' but an encrypted emergency alert was sent out a little less than a week ago.

REPLAY TRANSMISSION

Only other info in the Station Log references on "Ashley J Williams" getting written up for sexual harassment of a female researcher.
Sep 13, 2015 9:43 pm
"Looks like they've had some discipline problems." Says Chuck, reading over S'skaar's shoulder. He then grins sheepishly as he reaches unconsciously for his breast pocket.
"But that's not important... That meteor might be the rock I was sent to recover. "
Last edited September 13, 2015 9:43 pm
Sep 13, 2015 10:04 pm
"I'm sorry, what? That thing which caused all this? You want to risk taking it? I don't think so! That hunk of rock is staying here and is getting blown up along the rest of the station!"

S'skaar will now check the unread message.

"Saru, keep an eye on our new friend here... If he makes trouble, you know what to do... Also, Ashley Williams, seems like the guy we weren sent to pick up... if he's still alive..."
Last edited September 13, 2015 10:05 pm
Sep 13, 2015 10:16 pm
"wait a minute, you guys were here to pick someone up? What kind of person? And relax, I'm just speculating about the meteor, I'm probably just after some shiny rock a rich CEO has had his or her eyes on for a while.
Sep 13, 2015 10:32 pm
Saru nods to S'skaar's instructions and cracks his knuckles "I'm sure our good friend Chuck won't do anything to upset us, right Chuck?"
Sep 13, 2015 11:04 pm
"A simple pick up and transport job. But it looks like we bit more than we can chew... Anyways, Jorbo better knocks 5Gs from our debt instead of the 3 we originally had agreed on because of this mess... I'm not even sure our guy is still alive now."
Sep 14, 2015 12:15 am
S'skaar clicks into the communications screen, accessing the waiting message.

DECRYPTION IN PROCESS
"This is Captain Adeen, commander of the Imperial Heavy Cruiser Relentless. We have received your emergency transmission. We will arrive to aid you in approximately 48 hours from the time this message was sent."

He then clicks his heels together and raises his hand and then places it on his heart in a swift motion "HAIL MAZURA!"

END OF MESSAGE

(Sent 46 hours ago).
Sep 14, 2015 1:09 am
"Damn, that means we're on the clock here! We've got less than 2 hours to find our guy and bug out! Better get those video feeds stat. We can route the signal to your laptop and my HUD so we can get a continuous live feed. In fact, now that we're through the firewall I suppose we can now access all the station's systems on the fly. Let's MOVE, guys!"
Sep 14, 2015 1:35 am
From the camera interface, you can view the command center (where you are at now), Lab A, Lab B, the greenhouse and machine room.

Clicking on Lab A appears vacant. There is a small ruined metal cage that looks as if it was torn open from the inside.

Lab B - This lab also appears to be vacant. There are reagents and other equipment scattered about as if someone was looking through here angrily.

Greenhouse - The lens must be covered in condensation, you can make out some vegetation, but that's about it.

Machine Room - There is a researcher laying dead here and a woman standing near a console, her back is turned from the camera. On the counter next to her appears to be the control unit for the automated security system missing from the magazine locker.

Control Room - There are two Skal'Az hunched over the computer while a Borgoz and a human look on. Wait - that's you.
Sep 14, 2015 1:47 am
"Who could that woman be? And where's our guy? I wonder, does the system have a personnel locator?"
Last edited September 14, 2015 1:48 am
Sep 14, 2015 1:55 am
You could try to hack into security panel access records...you might see the last place a person scanned their ID to enter. Not a typical request, would require more hacking.
Sep 14, 2015 1:56 am
"Probably Ashley Williams, I do believe Ashley is a human female name, but I could be mistaken... Maybe we should go get her right away, she might be able to give use more information on what happened here... Then we raid the medical bay, then we blow this place sky-high and get the frak out of here before that Imperial cruiser arrives..."

S'skaar will download some of the information on his laptop as he feels he might need this as proof if he wants to re-negociate their deal with Jorbo while they party is talking...
Sep 14, 2015 3:24 am
"I don't know. According to the report Ashley was the one who harassed the female. Then again, that doesn't mean Ashley isn't also a female. I'm no expert on the mating habits of humans. Looks like whatever used to be in Lab A is running loose and dropped that turd over by the door. I still think we should hit the med lab first. I don't know if that woman will come willingly, and she's got the controls for the gun turret."
Sep 14, 2015 3:32 am
"Good enough, a small and simple enough change to the plan..."
Sep 14, 2015 7:27 am
"Guys could you please check if there is some kind of audio communication system with the other rooms? maybe we could try to contact the woman and ask her to deactivate the defense turret when we arrive."
Last edited September 14, 2015 7:28 am
Sep 14, 2015 1:12 pm
There is a general "PA" type system that can send a message to all areas or specific rooms. It is apparently two way when a room is selected.
Sep 14, 2015 2:52 pm
"Good idea Saru."

S'skaar activates the communication system.

"Hello? Ashley Williams? You do not know me, I am S'skaar. We may however have a common acquaintance. Capo has informed us you wanted a transport out of this place..."
Sep 14, 2015 3:24 pm
The woman does not respond. Perhaps the PA system is damaged in that room?
Sep 14, 2015 3:32 pm
"She's looking at a terminal, maybe you can hack it and send her a message this way."
Sep 14, 2015 4:41 pm
"Is it getting hot in here?" Chuck wipes his brow with the sleeve of the space suit. "I like Hotwire's plan, we roll through the med bay and the lab. Afterwards we can probably just knock on the Machine room door. From what I can tell, these biters don't seem prone to respecting privacy. Also, the machine room will probably be a prime location to leave some of these mines to make this place go boom."

"Also for the record, I'd bet that whatever was in that cage caused this mess. I'm after a rock, and most rocks I know of don't have legs, or leave deuces in the hallway."
Sep 14, 2015 4:44 pm
"...or perhaps they found that lifeform dormant on that asteroid. It is true the logs don't mention any sort of creature... We'll see what miss Ashley Williams has to say about all of this... Let's drop by the med bay, and then pay a visit to her... Also, the bridge is another good location to leave a mine; we don't want the Imperials to find evidence of our presence in the computers' databases..."
Sep 14, 2015 4:46 pm
"Good call, Imperials make my skin crawl, almost as bad as these deadites. We'll want to go through the green house, the crew cabins are bound to be lousy with zombies, that's where a lot of the crew went to die."
Sep 14, 2015 4:48 pm
Dextolen sent a note to Grendelthebrave
Trying the note system (sending a note to a specific character)
Sep 14, 2015 4:53 pm
Seeing Chuck mopping his brow, Hotwire looks down at the console and accesses the station's atmosphere and gravity controls.

At the same time, he surreptitiously does a bio scan on the human.
Last edited September 14, 2015 4:55 pm

Rolls

STA bio scan - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Sep 14, 2015 4:54 pm
"Wait a minute... that cage in lab A... I seem to remember them keeping a rat in there. One of those relatively cutesy ones that they stick needles into from time to time. Looks like he may have finally got fed up with being the lab rat."
Sep 14, 2015 5:16 pm
Bioscan inconclusive, perhaps the space suit is fouling your signal
Sep 14, 2015 6:34 pm
"The med lab then. Lock and load, and let's go!"
Sep 14, 2015 6:38 pm
Which route will you take to get there? Hallway from the conference room or some other way?
Sep 15, 2015 5:44 pm
Before we leave, S'skaar will make it so we have access to lock and unlock all the doors with the keycard Hotwire picked up on the corpse.
Sep 15, 2015 6:08 pm
Chuck checks his newly acquired assault rifle, then steps out of the way, not-so-subtly indicating that he will not be the first one through the door...
Sep 15, 2015 6:50 pm
kalajel says:
Before we leave, S'skaar will make it so we have access to lock and unlock all the doors with the keycard Hotwire picked up on the corpse.
Give me a programming roll
Sep 15, 2015 9:45 pm
S'skaar will attempt a programming check for that...

Rolls

S'skaar's Programming check (MND+IN+Engineer+Hacker+Laptop, CTN 17) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Sep 15, 2015 11:30 pm
Success! S'skaar turns the ID card into a skeleton key of sorts that grants +4 to engineering checks to unlock the doors in this station.
Sep 15, 2015 11:49 pm
"Yeah, don't lose that keycard Hotwire..."
Sep 16, 2015 2:59 pm
"Alright, let's go then. Stay alert everyone..."
Sep 16, 2015 3:29 pm
"Sure... What are you all waiting for?". Says Kalerik giving his chainsword a swing.
Last edited September 16, 2015 3:29 pm
Sep 16, 2015 3:52 pm
Chuck backs away from the Humavari nervously, his hand moving to rub the still-sore wound on his chest.
"Let's do this, those Imperials won't need to stop for a pit-stop on their way here. After you, big guy?" Chuck nods at Saru.
Sep 16, 2015 4:58 pm
You open the door from the conference room, revealing a narrow hallway. From the small portholes on either side you can see that this is a connecting hallway between parts of the space station. Our the right hand side, you see what must be the greenhouse, however the windows are so covered in steam that you cannot see inside it from here.

There is a door at the end of the hallway, you can see from its panel that it is unlocked and will open when you approach.
Sep 16, 2015 5:10 pm
"Alright, the med bay will be the first door on our right."
Sep 16, 2015 5:17 pm
You move into the hallway, which is a crossroads of sorts. To the North (left) you see three doors - two rooms and the hallway door to the lounge / cafeteria area (burger icon on the door). The two room doors indicate "Storage" (Crate) and "Kitchen" (Chef's hat). Strait ahead is another doorway, most likely to another connector leading to the lab and cabins.

To the right are doors to "Cold Storage" (Test tube) and Infirmary (Medical Cross) and a door to the greenhouse.
Sep 16, 2015 5:41 pm
Hotwire makes a beeline for the Infirmary. He uses their all-access passkey to open the door.
Sep 16, 2015 5:51 pm
The door opens as you approach.

This room appears to have been the site of a bloody battle, but there are no corpses here. The room has a lot of very high-tech medical equipment built into the walls - that are designed to be pulled out (on swinging arms) and then when released they retreat into the wall slowly. There are jars of items typically found in first aid kits, and a STILL dispenser on the wall.
Sep 16, 2015 6:01 pm
Staying at the open doorway, rifle ready, Hotwire scans the room. Is it human blood? Zombie?

Rolls

Bio scan - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Sep 16, 2015 6:46 pm
Hotwire slings his rifle and starts taking STILLs and whatever else else he can get his hands on. "If we weren't on the frakking clock here I'd take every piece of equipment here for the Ronin!"
Sep 16, 2015 7:29 pm
As S'skaar picks up materials to make first aid kits.

"Agreed, not to mention being attacked at any moment by zombies or whatever escaped that cage... I'd really like to install a few of those swinging arms on The Ronin, but whatever..."

After a moment of picking up supplies

"Seems we took anything which wasn't bolted down. Let's go through the greenhouse and be on our guards. If what escaped the cage is some sort of animal, it might be tempted to stay in a more "natural" environment... If you guys prefer going through Lab A instead, it's not too late for that..."
Sep 16, 2015 8:30 pm
You glean the following:

Enough materials to make two Doctor's Bags (+2 First Aid; allows Medic checks; -0,5m MR)
20 S.T.I.L.L. (Dose (1 per hand, can be administered in combat) heals d20 / 2 HP. BOD / 2 doses max per 24 hours.)

Hotwire is fantasizing about the built in gear. It would grant Medic +I rank to all checks and estimates that it's worth about: 400 Credits (or priceless to the Ronin)

Rolls

d20xd20x5 - (2d20)

(165) = 21

Sep 16, 2015 8:37 pm
"I think we should see what's left in lab A, it looked empty on the camera feed"
Sep 17, 2015 3:43 pm
Hotwire shrugs. "It's through the greenhouse to Lab A so whatever. While you ladies decide, I'm taking a quick peek into this storage locker next door. He heads over to Storage and opens the door.
Sep 17, 2015 3:50 pm
(I assume you meant the regular storage, not the cold storage room)

The door opens with a swoosh when you approach. The shelves are lined with cans, boxes of foodstuffs, plastic dishware, cutlery and there are large bins on the floor, filled with vegetables, fruits and grains.

It's clear that someone or something has rummaged through here haphazardly. One of the grain bins is tipped over, a vegetable bin is open and there are pieces of carrot on the floor. You find more of the large offal you found in the control room.
Sep 17, 2015 4:08 pm
"To the greenhouse then. Do you think we can get a live video feed through your laptop, S'skaar?"
Sep 17, 2015 4:49 pm
"No, guess I should have programmed that back when we were on the bridge, still, it won't help us much since there was too much condensation on the lens last I checked..."
Sep 17, 2015 4:56 pm
"You're right. Well, here goes." Rifle ready, Hotwire uses the key-card to open the greenhouse door and steps aside for Saru.
Sep 17, 2015 4:57 pm
The door to the greenhouse opens as you near it, there is a rush of warm air that would remind the Skal'az of home if it wasn't so darn humid. Before you is an amazingly lush jungle of overgrown plants that once were perhaps vegetables, fruit trees and other things that one might have expected in such a space. You think you see what was once a path winding through the place, but you can't see too far ahead due to the dense foliage.

There are several plasteel windows in the ceiling, higher above, that allow sunlight to come in but these are covered in condensation.
Sep 17, 2015 5:17 pm
"Hmm, that's odd... I'm no botanist, but I doubt plants would normally overgrow like that in only 2 weeks without pruning... That feels... wrong..."
Sep 17, 2015 5:46 pm
kalajel says:
"Hmm, that's odd... I'm no botanist, but I doubt plants would normally overgrow like that in only 2 weeks without pruning... That feels... wrong..."
Kalerik scowls, slightly offended by S'skaar's remark. "Plants might surprise you. I've known a lily plant from a planet I visited during a pilot speed run, the lily matured within five minutes of her existence... don't underestimate the plants, Coldblood".
Last edited September 17, 2015 5:46 pm
Sep 17, 2015 6:41 pm
"Whatever you say celery stick... Alright, let's go..."

He motions to Saru to take point.
Sep 17, 2015 7:54 pm
Saru nods to S'skaar and leads the way.
Sep 17, 2015 8:10 pm
What is your marching order?
Sep 17, 2015 11:24 pm
(OOC: I'm thinking Saru, Kalerik, me hotwire, and Chuck. sounds good enough for you guys?)
Sep 17, 2015 11:44 pm
As Saru moves into the room, he can feel that under the grass and vines there is the typical station floor. The 'trail' quickly disappears and he enters waist high grass. In the distance he can catch hints of the other wall. How do you wish to proceed?
Sep 17, 2015 11:47 pm
"Guys, I think we need to hack ourselves a path. You should probably use your chainsword Saru..."
Sep 17, 2015 11:56 pm

Rolls

Secret Roll

Sep 17, 2015 11:58 pm
Kalerik looks horrified at S'skaar, "shouldn't you at least ask the grass before you start cutting it up?" He is half mocking S'skaar and half-serious.
Sep 18, 2015 12:00 am
--can you see the roll?--

Chuck looks around, he is now sweating profusely in the hot humid greenhouse.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Sep 18, 2015 12:08 am

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Sep 18, 2015 12:11 am
Everyone
please make a perception roll
Sep 18, 2015 1:08 am
Sep 18, 2015 1:11 am
S'skaar will make a Perception check.

Rolls

(18) = 18

Sep 18, 2015 2:52 am
Oblivious Kalerik...

Rolls

Observation (CTN: 6) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Sep 18, 2015 6:13 am
Hotwire's helmet visor is fogging up. He wipes at it furiously.

Rolls

perception MND+IN=12 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Sep 18, 2015 7:21 am
Perception

Rolls

Perception roll 4 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Sep 18, 2015 10:13 am
Everyone is looking forward at Kalerik and his planticide debate, but out of the corner of Hotwire's eyes thinks he sees Chuck, behind him, silently and quickly fall backward into the brush, disappearing from sight.
Sep 18, 2015 10:59 am
"HEY!!!" Hotwire exclaims, turning back to give the human a hand. "I knew there was something wrong with that guy!" With nothing else handy, Hotwire uses the muzzle of his rifle to sweep the grass aside to try and find Chuck.

Rolls

Search MND+IN=12 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Helmet STA Scan - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Sep 18, 2015 11:35 am
Your helmet picks up a heat signature being dragged away from you by an unknown source
Sep 18, 2015 12:22 pm
"Dammit, something's got him and dragging him away!" Curiosity, more than a real desire to help someone who isn't a crewmate, urges Hotwire to chase after the heat signature.
Sep 18, 2015 1:00 pm
Kalerik looks startled in the direction of Hotwire. What just happened? Sighing, Kalerik swings his chainsword across his shoulder and takes off after the lizard.
Last edited September 18, 2015 1:00 pm
Sep 18, 2015 1:02 pm
Dextolen sent a note to teaanddice

Rolls

Secret Roll

Sep 18, 2015 1:17 pm
Perception.

Rolls

Perception (CTN: 8) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Sep 18, 2015 1:22 pm
Dextolen sent a note to teaanddice

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Sep 18, 2015 2:00 pm
As you all watch Hotwire searching through the bush, you hear Kalerik cry out and get pulled down into the grass by some vines. It looks like he's hurt bad (14 pts.)

Combat ensues...
Sep 18, 2015 2:07 pm
ROUND ONE

Initiative
13 Undead Plantmen (HP: 66%%, 100%) DEF: 19
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP: 8/18, SP: 0
11 Chuck DEF: 8, HP: 9/14 SP: 0
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 16/16, SP:0

Conditional Modifiers
Chuck has been Entangled.

COMBAT MAP
Greenhouse
Sep 18, 2015 2:11 pm
Kalerik groans, but tries to bluff his way out.
"Hey... Planty. How's it going girl?"
He doesn't care how stupid it looks...

Rolls

Flirt with Plant (CTN:5) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Sep 18, 2015 2:17 pm
The plant holding Kalerik stops for a moment, its tendrils feeling the Humarvari's skin.

It drops him and moves into the bushes...but Kalerik can still see it.

Rolls

Resist Kalerick's charms CTN 1 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Hide CTN 9 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Sep 18, 2015 2:20 pm
The other plant continues to drag Chuck deeper into the jungle, giving him a squeeze, which doesn't hurt Chuck further but he is still entangled (-2 to all checks).

Rolls

Entangle Damage CTN 13 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Sep 18, 2015 2:29 pm
You can try to break free from the entangle on your turn with a contested roll Your MOB+ST vs. the plant's BOD+ST
Sep 18, 2015 2:40 pm
Kalerik stands there, dumbfounded, looking at S'skaar, Saru, and Hotwire. He turns nervously in the direction of the tendrils and blows a kiss. Convincing himself it was keeping him alive.
Sep 18, 2015 2:46 pm
S'skaar will move toward Kalerik and attempt first-Aid on him.

S'skaar manages to give Kalerik 4 HP back.
Last edited September 18, 2015 2:46 pm

Rolls

S'skaar's First Aid check (MND+DX+First Aid+Doctor'sBag, total CTN 16) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Sep 18, 2015 3:00 pm
+1 SP to S'skaar

And wasn't it 7 hp?
Sep 18, 2015 3:21 pm
On p.39, it says; "If successful, the character gains back hit points equal to half the
check result."
Last edited September 18, 2015 3:22 pm
Sep 18, 2015 5:17 pm
Dextolen says:
Oh, dang!
We do have an extra 20 S.T.I.L.L. though, now would be a good opportunity to use some, and perhaps split the remainder ofter the fight...
Sep 18, 2015 5:22 pm
kalajel says:
Dextolen says:
Oh, dang!
We do have an extra 20 S.T.I.L.L. though, now would be a good opportunity to use some, and perhaps split the remainder ofter the fight...
... If we survive... Kalerik might, just because he was able to seduce the plant.
Last edited September 18, 2015 5:22 pm
Sep 18, 2015 5:27 pm
It touched your skin and realized you're (partially) plant matter, but Kalerik is fully allowed to (and I demand that he) go on thinking he's the plant mack daddy.
Sep 18, 2015 6:04 pm
OOC: not sure if kalerik acted or not, but this shouldn't interfere

Chuck squirms in the vines, but carefully reaches down for a S.T.I.L.L from his belt and jabs it into his leg.

*heal 6*
Last edited September 18, 2015 6:05 pm

Rolls

STILL heal d20/2 - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Sep 18, 2015 9:17 pm
"Holy crap, what do I do?! Kalerik how do I kill it?!" Hotwire does the only thing he can think of: head for the nearest exit - get the hell out of the greenhouse!
Sep 18, 2015 9:21 pm
"Snap out of it Hotwire! Chuck is still grabbed. Take your gun and shoot them!"
Sep 18, 2015 9:31 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
"Holy crap, what do I do?! Kalerik how do I kill it?!"
"Don't kill it." Says Kalerik in a soothing voice.
"It just needs a little loving, I'm sure of it. Don't you, you pretty little thing. Don't you".
Last edited September 18, 2015 9:46 pm
Sep 18, 2015 9:46 pm
Saru runs to the plant thing shooting to try to force it to let go of Chuck or at least to make it focus on him. After firing he drops the assault rifle.

Rolls

attack 15 (assault rifle) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

plant thing def 19-4=15 - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Sep 18, 2015 10:11 pm
"Aah but I'll hit Chuck! I don't wanna shoot Chuck!" Hotwire is frantic. He's got his assault rifle trained at the plant thing that has got Chuck but refuses to pull the trigger.
Sep 18, 2015 10:29 pm
+1 SP to Saru.

The little creature doesn't drop Chuck, however.
Sep 18, 2015 10:33 pm
ROUND TWO

Initiative
13 Undead Plantmen (HP: 50%, "50%) DEF: 19
11 Chuck DEF: 8, HP: 9/14 SP: 1
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 16/16, SP:1

Conditional Modifiers
Chuck has been Entangled.

COMBAT MAP
Greenhouse
Sep 18, 2015 10:33 pm
"Take your time aiming to make sure you doN,t hit him then..."
Sep 18, 2015 10:34 pm
One plantman squeezes Chuck, who takes it like a man, while the other moves deeper into the bush, disappearing!

Rolls

Entangle Damage CTN 13 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Chuck Defense CTN 8 - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Plantman Hide CTN 10 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Sep 19, 2015 12:55 am
Moving slowly, slowed by 2 doctor's bags, S'skaar will start overloading his hold out laser as he makes his way to Chuck.
Sep 19, 2015 1:00 am
Kalerik rolls his eyes.
"You guys just don't know how to treat a lady".
He then walks forward toward the plantman that disapeared and says. "Hey, how's it going? Don't mind my friends they don't understand us leafy beings. But I do. Hey perhaps you want to go out for coffee, or something?"

Rolls

Flirt (CTN:5) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Sep 19, 2015 1:09 am
The little plant thing's "eyes" glow (or are those just two bright red flowers?) and then it opens it's maw and roars at you - inside you see the rotting skull of a human!
Sep 19, 2015 4:25 pm
Chuck squirms int the vines, reaches for his holdout laser and tries to blast the vines.

EDIT: RAT should be 12, not that it really matters.
Last edited September 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Rolls

RAT 14 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Vine defence -2 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Sep 19, 2015 7:34 pm
+1 SP to Chuck.

The creature falls to the ground, startled by the shot. Dropping its grip on Chuck in the process.
Sep 20, 2015 5:50 pm
Hotwire grits his teeth and takes a shot at the downed plantman.
Last edited September 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Rolls

RAT (Assault Rifle): 8 + WB (4) + HUD (1) - SF mode (3) = 10 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Plantman DEF - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Sep 20, 2015 9:54 pm
Saru runs to the plant zombie and attacks with his claws

"Die you freak"

Rolls

attack 16 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

def 19-3)16 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Sep 20, 2015 10:38 pm
ROUND 3

Initiative
13 Undead Plantmen (HP: DEAD, "50%) DEF: 19
12 S'skaar DEF: 10, HP: 13/16 SP: 1

Conditional Modifiers

COMBAT MAP
Greenhouse
Sep 20, 2015 10:42 pm
The plantman on the ground jumps up and hisses at Saru, while the other bursts out of the bush and assaults S'skaar, doing 3 pts of damage

Rolls

Plantman attacks S'skaar CTN 18 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

S'skaar's DEF 10 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Sep 22, 2015 1:28 am
Kalerik, now convinced they are not friendly in any way, dives at the plant monster. Kalerik's chainsword whirring.

Rolls

Attack (CTN: 12) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Enemies Defense (-3 w/ chainsword) (CTN:16) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Sep 22, 2015 1:44 am
Somehow the woodier parts of the plantman come forward, defending against the whirring blades of the chainsword
Sep 22, 2015 2:38 am
With a flourish of renewed confidence, Chuck spins his holdout laser and holsters it while kicking up his assault rifle from the ground that he'd dropped after being entangled by the vine.
"Eat it, plant face! "

He fires at the plant-thing.

OOC:spending the SP for the dramatic weapon switch.

Rolls

RAT 16 - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Plant def =19-4(AR)=15 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Sep 22, 2015 10:57 am
Hotwire paces forward to get a better angle on the plant-man plugged earlier, and busts another cap in its woody ass.

Rolls

RAT (Assault Rifle): 8 + WB (4) + HUD (1) = 13 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Evil Groot's DEF - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Sep 22, 2015 11:36 am
Saru answers the plant-thing's hissing with a guttural growl, showing his fangs.

Then his claws fly to the monster slashing him.
Last edited September 22, 2015 11:38 am

Rolls

Attack 16 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

def 19-3=16 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

attack slayer dice - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Sep 22, 2015 12:30 pm
Chuck's fantastic display doesn't hurt the plantman, but it steps back cautiously.

Then, Saru creates chopped salad of him. +1 SP to Saru
Sep 24, 2015 1:34 pm
ROUND 4

Initiative
13 Undead Plantmen (HP: DEAD, "10%) DEF: 19
12 S'skaar DEF: 10, HP: 13/16 SP: 2

Conditional Modifiers

COMBAT MAP
Greenhouse
Sep 24, 2015 1:40 pm
Plantmen attacks S'skaar

Rolls

attack CTN 18 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

S'skaar DEF 10 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Sep 24, 2015 1:48 pm
S'skaar will move away from this thing and unleash his overloaded shot on it.
Last edited September 24, 2015 1:48 pm

Rolls

S'skaat's Attack (RAT 13) - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Plant zombie's DEF (DED 19, -8 for overload shot, total CTN 11) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Sep 28, 2015 2:03 pm
Kalerik will attack the last plantman.

Rolls

Attack (CTN:12) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Enemies Defense (CTN:16) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Sep 28, 2015 3:01 pm
Kalerik's chainsword chews through the little plantman and it falls dead.

VICTORY!

The greenhouse seems a bit more still now, but your eyes and ears may be playing tricks on you....did that bush over there move?
Sep 28, 2015 3:40 pm
Saru recovers his rifle (he dropped it before)
Sep 28, 2015 3:54 pm
Hotwire nervously swings his rifle muzzle back and forth, twitching at every rustle in the foliage. He moves further towards the door at the far end of the greenhouse.
OOC: Moved my token. The dead plantman's token is still there.
Sep 28, 2015 4:12 pm
A 5 minute catch breath would restore:

5 HP to Kalerik
3 HP to Chuck
2 HP to S'skaar

In addition to any healing, cigars, etc.

Would you like to rest here or not?
Sep 28, 2015 5:47 pm
"Stars! I'm sweating like a dog in this thing! I just need a minute before we get out of here" Chuck starts to undo the clasps around the back of the suit, trying to remove it.
After a rather long, clumsy display of peeling out of the space suit, Chuck takes a deep breath, basking in the relative cool being free of the space suit.
Chuck stretches out, clearly relieved to be free of the space suit's restrictions. Under the suit he's wearing a white lab coat, with a protective vest visible underneath it. A name emblazoned above the breast pocket of the lab coat. It reads 'A.Williams'.

"Oh that's better, anyone get hit by the plant things?" Chuck asks nonchalantly, and picks up his protective helmet, ready to put it back on when they move on.
Sep 28, 2015 6:42 pm
"Ashley Williams, I presume? The female isn't the lab tech we were sent here to retrieve, you are! I bet that female won't be too happy to see you?" Hotwire is antsy. He really doesn't like here in the greenhouse. But if everyone's resting then he has no choice. He keeps a sharp lookout though, finger on the trigger.
Last edited September 28, 2015 6:50 pm
Sep 28, 2015 7:09 pm
Kalerik throws his chainsword over his shoulder and grins widely.
"Hey, guys. Did you see that? The monster plant men totally couldn't get their tentacles off of me. I'm on fire right now. Come on I have to be good, freakin' zombies fell for me".
Last edited September 28, 2015 7:09 pm
Sep 28, 2015 7:12 pm
Hotwire levels his rifle at Chuck/Ashley. "What does Jorbo want you for? Why were we sent to come get your sorry ass?"
Sep 28, 2015 7:17 pm
"Ash...what are you talking about?" Chuck dons a confused face, before looking down at his newly revealed lab coat.
"Ahh. That." Blushing slightly at his careless reveal, Chuck holds his hands out in a placating gesture.

"Jorbo? Don't know who that is, this was an anonymous job, though I was informed that my ride would be arriving soon. I'm guessing Jorbo's after the rock as well." Chuck indicates the thermos hanging from his belt.
Sep 28, 2015 7:38 pm
Hotwire's rifle is still aimed straight at Chuck/Ashley. "What do you say, boys? You guys think 'Chuck' here is on the level? Ah, what do I care what Jorb wants with you? As long as you won't be any trouble." The Skal'Az lowers his rifle but stays wary. "But I don't trust you, mister. So I'm watching you."
Last edited September 28, 2015 8:21 pm
Sep 29, 2015 12:11 am
Being barely scratched, S'skaar will perform some first-aid on Kalerik and Chuck.

Rolls

S'skaar's First Aid check on Kalerik (MND+DX+First Aid+Doctor's Bag, total CTN 16) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

S'skaar's First Aid check on Chuck (MND+DX+First Aid+Doctor's Bag, total CTN 16) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Sep 29, 2015 12:21 am
Perhaps it is his plantlike nature, but S'skaar is at least temporarily confounded by Kalerik's physiology - he can't provide medical first aid on the Humavari for the remainder of this day cycle.
Sep 29, 2015 3:18 am
"Hmm, sorry Kalerik, I'm all out of fertilizer..."
Sep 29, 2015 7:01 am
Saru smiles a Kalerik's joke "Hey maybe the little punk can be amusing sometimes" thinks to himself.
then walks beside Hotwire to support him "Answer hooming, now"
Sep 29, 2015 2:45 pm
"No worries guys! I'm on the level. Leaving out that tidbit about my cover ID was just to protect myself, you know? And I wouldn't worry about the lady scientist, that was just a... Misunderstanding. Shall we move in to Lab A? See what's happened I'm there? "
Sep 29, 2015 2:53 pm
In addition to the entrance from which you came, there are three more exits from the greenhouse. Quick inspection of the one straight ahead to the south reveals that it has been partially compromised from the other side. Like it's been hit with many bullets. All of the doors are unlocked and the kind that will open when you stand in front of them.
Sep 29, 2015 3:13 pm
Chuck heads to the North door, as he recalls it being the most direct route to Lab A. He secures his protective helmet, and double checks the action on his assault rifle as he approaches the door.
Sep 29, 2015 3:58 pm
The door opens with a swoosh, leading down a short gangway to another door which opens as you approach it as well.

Before you is a large laboratory. Tables, loaded with technical equipment, line the walls. In the corner is a small, metal cage that appears to have been broken from the inside. There is a small water bottle and the bottom of the cage is lined with paper bedding and the crushed remnants of an exercise wheel.

There are spots of blood on the walls and floor, and evidence of a struggle. There are also more of the large droppings you found in the control room.

There is an exit to your left that appears to have been sealed shut with a welding torch, the door looks somewhat battered. There is another exit on the right hand wall, a larger door, that has been smashed down. You see crates and boxes in the flickering, failing light from within. There is an occasional spark from the ceiling of that room.
Sep 29, 2015 4:06 pm
Chuck steps into the room, wary, scanning the room with his assault rifle, listening for some mutated rat hiding in one of the corners.

He'll step up to and examine the welded shut door.

OOC: Was it welded from this side?

Rolls

Search/Perception CTN 9 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Sep 29, 2015 4:15 pm
Chuck can see that it was welded from this side. The door is emblazoned with an icon of a bed.
Sep 29, 2015 4:21 pm
"That way's the zombie quarters, I think. Get your rock and let's get out of here."
Sep 29, 2015 4:34 pm
"Right!" Chuck turns around and starts looking at the busted tables and shelves for something rock-like marked #1404.

Rolls

Search/Perception CTN 9 -if you need/want another roll - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Sep 29, 2015 5:03 pm
Hotwire carefully heads towards the other door to peek into the next room. He uses his helmet scanner.

Rolls

Scan the next room (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Sep 29, 2015 5:40 pm
Chuck searches through the many items on the table tops - things a primitive intellect wouldn't understand ...alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures....but he doesn't find a rock.

He does find a brushed aluminum box with a clasp.

- - - -

Hotwire's scanner is getting lots of feedback from the crates and the electrical damage in the next room. Can't be right, a single bio-reading the size of an Vanqorian gundark..thing must be on the fritz.
Sep 29, 2015 5:42 pm
Chuck will try to open the box... Maybe it's a boat!
Sep 29, 2015 5:45 pm
Inside the felt lined box is a palm sized metal cube with a plastic, blue screen on one side.
Sep 29, 2015 5:48 pm
"Any of you seen one of these before?" Chuck picks up the cube and examines the screen.
Sep 29, 2015 5:52 pm
When Chuck picks up the cube, the screen activates and a pixelated face appears as if out of a swirl of mist. A tinny voice says "Ask and I, the Genie, will answer" and then the face alternates between 2 or 3 bored or expectant expressions.
Sep 29, 2015 6:20 pm
Kalerik smirks, "What is your favorite color?"
He rolls his eyes and smiles at Chuck, while he mockingly claps his hands with excitedeness A Genie? Amazing!
Last edited September 29, 2015 6:21 pm
Sep 29, 2015 6:40 pm
"The Frak is this? a genie? Yeah, I have a question; what the frak happened here exactly?"
Sep 29, 2015 6:46 pm
"To have your questions answered to my best, you must frame them as no or yes" the box replies to both questions...
Sep 29, 2015 7:23 pm
"heh, well mister Genie, is sample 1404 still in this room?"
Sep 30, 2015 12:45 am
...Yes...

Rolls

Answer - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Sep 30, 2015 1:12 am
Chuck sets down the 'genie' and sets about turning the lab upside down looking for something that might be sample 1404.

Rolls

Search/Perception CTN 9(-2?) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Sep 30, 2015 1:30 am
Chuck scours the place and discovers 7 important looking lab tools, and a Holo-Laptop. No rock.
Sep 30, 2015 1:48 am
Kalerik rolls his eyes. And shakes his head at Chuck.
"It is obviously randomized.. can't you see that you hairless monkey?"
Last edited September 30, 2015 1:49 am
Sep 30, 2015 2:35 am
"Oh yeah? Well how about this?" turning to the genie, " Did Kalerik shoot me when we first met?"
Sep 30, 2015 2:57 am
While Hotwire would like to join in the bickering, something doesn't feel right about the next room. He motions Saru over. "I think there's something in there. Scanner's picking something up but all this crap is frakking the signal."
Sep 30, 2015 3:06 am
Grendelthebrave says:
"Oh yeah? Well how about this?" turning to the genie, " Did Kalerik shoot me when we first met?"
...Signs point to yes...

Rolls

Answer - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Sep 30, 2015 3:49 am
"So what? That doesn't prove anything! See here. Is there life after death?"
Last edited September 30, 2015 4:18 am
Sep 30, 2015 6:58 am
Saru nods to Hotwire and adopts a combat stance "what do you suggest? wanna explore it?"
Last edited September 30, 2015 7:02 am
Sep 30, 2015 7:28 am
Confident that Saru has his back, Hotwire nods and carefully, assault rifle ready, steps into the room.

Rolls

Search - MND 8 + IN 4 = CTN 12 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Sep 30, 2015 1:19 pm
Hotwire and Saru walk into the storage room. Before them is a monstrous, mutated thing that might have once been a rat. It is covered in blood and scars from bullet wounds, that appear to have healed much like Saru's natural healing ability. Around him, bins have been tipped over and their contents spilled out. There are the corpses of several zombie crew here too, they aren't moving.

The beast sees the Skal'az and growls, baring it's rodent teeth.
Sep 30, 2015 1:24 pm
ROUND 1

Initiative
12 S'skaar DEF: 10, HP: 15/16, SP: 0
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP: -1/18, SP: 0
11 Chuck DEF: 8, HP: 12/14, SP: 1
04 "Sir Monroe" Mutated Lab Rat HP: 68% DEF: 13

Conditional Modifiers
None

COMBAT MAP
MAP
Sep 30, 2015 2:13 pm
"What the frak is this!? Is there any reasons we veered of the planned itinerary?"

S'skaar will move into position to provide the healing which will invariably be needed soon and starts overloading his holdout laser...
Sep 30, 2015 2:52 pm
Kalerik will run over at the sound of S'skaar (I believe he can make it with my diagnol movement) and swing at the Giant Rat.

(If it is ruled he can't make it, then he will get behind S'skaar and attempt to hide from the Rat).

Rolls

(Option A) Attack (CTN:12) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

(Option A) Enemies Defense (CTN:10) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

(Option B) Stealth (CTN:12) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Sep 30, 2015 3:28 pm
"The frakking door was open!!!" Hotwire yells in reply to S'skaar as he brings his rifle up.
OOC: Not my turn yet. Just roleplaying :-)
Sep 30, 2015 3:30 pm
Kalerik makes it to the monster, and misses!
Sep 30, 2015 3:32 pm
When attacking Sir Monroe, don't forget to add +2 as he is "Large".
Sep 30, 2015 5:30 pm
"haha, Checkmate motherf-- Hey, where are you going, I haven't proven myself right yet!" Chuck unceremoniously grabs the genie and throws it into one of his pockets. he then lines himself up behind Saru, ready to move up behind the Borgoz and take a shot if the opportunity arises.

OOC: I'll Delay my action to after Saru and walk up through the door way and take a shot if possible. My intention is to move to approximately where Hotwire is at the moment should that prove possible after his turn.

Rolls

RAT 16+2(large)+x(turmoil?)=18 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

OD=13-4(AR)=9 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Mr Munroe Slaying DEF - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Sep 30, 2015 5:34 pm
(OK, We'll assume that attack connects after Saru does his action. (Let's not call this a turmoil).)

+1 SP to Chuck, who does 6pts of damage to the hulking mouse.

(I updated the map with Kalerik's charge)
Oct 1, 2015 7:36 am
Hotwire sprays hot lead at the monster.

Rolls

Assault Rifle (Sustained Fire): RAT 8 + WB 4 + HUD 1 + Large 2 - STR 3 - Obstacle 1 = CTN 11 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

DEF 13 - Assault Rifle 4 = OD 9 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Slay? - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Oct 1, 2015 7:58 am
In case Sir Monroe is still alive Saru will move next to Kalerik and attack with his claws.

"Die, vermin!"
Last edited October 1, 2015 7:59 am

Rolls

attack 16+2 size=18 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

def 13 -3 =10 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

defense slayer dice - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Oct 1, 2015 11:27 am
The giant rat growls and swings a mighty paw at Kalerik, doing 14 pts of damage! Kalerik is knocked unconscious!

Rolls

Attack CTN 15 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Kalerik DEF 8-2 = 6 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Slaying Dice 15 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Oct 1, 2015 11:29 am
ROUND 2

Initiative
12 S'skaar DEF: 10, HP: 15/16, SP: 1
11 Chuck DEF: 8, HP: 12/14, SP: 1
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 16/16, SP: 2
04 "Sir Monroe" Mutated Lab Rat HP: 48% DEF: 13

Conditional Modifiers
S'skaar's laser must recharge next round
Kalerik is unconscious

COMBAT MAP
MAP
Oct 1, 2015 1:32 pm
S'skaar will move forward, shooting his overloaded shot at the rat.

Rolls

S'skaar's attack (RAT 13, +2 large opponent, total CTN 15) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Mutated rat's DEF (DEF 13, -8 overloaded shot, total CTN 5) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Oct 1, 2015 3:25 pm
"Damn that rat got angry!"
Chuck opens up with his assault rifle.

Rolls

Defence 13-4(AR)=9 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

RAT 16+2(large)=18 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Oct 1, 2015 3:50 pm
"Say hello to my leeetle friend!!!" Hotwire keeps pumping bullets into the mutant rat.
Last edited October 1, 2015 3:52 pm

Rolls

Assault Rifle (Sustained Fire): RAT 8 + WB 4 + HUD 1 + Large 2 - STR 3 - Obstacle 1 = CTN 11 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

DEF 13 - Assault Rifle 4 = OD 9 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Slay? - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Oct 1, 2015 4:14 pm
+1 SP to Hotwire, who deals 11 pts of damage!
Oct 1, 2015 4:19 pm
Hotwire uses his ammo belt for this combat
Oct 1, 2015 6:04 pm
Saru attacks the oversized rat howling with fury

Edit: If prone from the fumble, Saru spends 1 SP to stand up
Last edited October 1, 2015 6:05 pm

Rolls

attack 18 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

def 10 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Oct 1, 2015 6:46 pm
Sir Monroe attacks Saru

Rolls

Attack CTN 15 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

(19) = 19

Oct 1, 2015 6:48 pm
The big mouse swings wide, slapping himself (natural weapons)

Rolls

Attack CTN 15 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

DEF 13-2 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Oct 2, 2015 3:14 pm
ROUND 3

Initiative
11 Chuck DEF: 8, HP: 12/14, SP: 2
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 16/16, SP: 2
04 "Sir Monroe" Mutated Lab Rat HP: 18% DEF: 13

Conditional Modifiers
S'skaar's laser must recharge this round
Kalerik is unconscious

COMBAT MAP
MAP
Oct 2, 2015 11:51 pm
S'skaar will move away from the mutated rat, grabbing Kalerik on his way and dragging him away before the inbred giant hamster decides to munch on him...
Oct 3, 2015 4:23 am
"Sorry Mister Monroe, time to die!"
Chuck unloads into the rat.

Rolls

(18) = 18

Def 13-4=9 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Oct 3, 2015 5:27 pm
Hotwire drops his assault rifle and draws his two holdout weapons. He switches the laser to overcharge as he moves and lets loose with the projectile weapon.

Rolls

H.O. Pistol: 8+WB (1) + HUD (1) = 10 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Rat DEF - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Oct 4, 2015 6:41 am
Saru continues attacking in a continuous flurry of claws

Rolls

attack 16+2=18 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

def 13-3=10 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Oct 4, 2015 12:41 pm
+1 SP to Saru

The beast paws at Saru again...doing 4 pts of damage!

Rolls

Attack CTN 15 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

(9) = 9

Oct 4, 2015 12:43 pm
ROUND 4

Initiative
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP: 7/18, SP: 0
11 Chuck DEF: 8, HP: 12/14, SP: 2
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 16/16, SP: 3
04 "Sir Monroe" Mutated Lab Rat HP: 6% DEF: 13

Conditional Modifiers
Hotwire's laser is cooling down

COMBAT MAP
MAP
Oct 4, 2015 5:12 pm
While overloading his hold out laser again, S'skaar will whip out one of his S.T.I.L.L. and inject it to Kalerik. S'skaar heals 7 HP to Kalerik.
Last edited October 4, 2015 5:13 pm

Rolls

S.T.I.L.L. - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Oct 6, 2015 7:58 pm
Kalerik you are prone, but you are conscious and may act (or play dead!)
Oct 6, 2015 9:01 pm
Kalerik continues you to lie on the ground... while attempting to charm the rat so that it would lose focus. It worked with zombie plants... right? Hoping beyond hope, that the rat will just ignore him and attack the other people.

Rolls

Charm (CTN:6) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Oct 6, 2015 9:05 pm
Chuck raises his assault rifle again and fires, feeling eminently conscious of the wall behind him should Mr. Monroe decide to feast on a new target.
Last edited October 6, 2015 9:06 pm

Rolls

(12) = 12

Def 13-4=9 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Oct 6, 2015 9:45 pm
"You're one messed up celery stick, you know that?"
Oct 6, 2015 10:18 pm
"Yeah, I go great with peanut butter..." Remembering the rat, Kalerik will whisper in a much smaller voice "If it wasn't for the fertilizer, if it wasn't for the feritlizer. Trust me you'll be sick for weeks... No! You'll die!"
Last edited October 6, 2015 11:29 pm
Oct 6, 2015 10:22 pm
Kalerik thinks the machingun fire drowned out his witty charms. Sir Monroe didn't even look his way!
Oct 7, 2015 6:49 am
Hotwire lets loose with a white-hot beam from his overcharged weapon.

Rolls

H.O. Laser: 8+WB (2) + HUD (1) + large (2) =13 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

DEF 13-8 = 5 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Oct 7, 2015 11:34 am
Sir Monroe takes a white hot load of energy in the face.
+1 SP to Hotwire, who's laser must cool down before it can be used again
Oct 7, 2015 7:22 pm
*Saru Regenerates 1HP*

And attacks the oversized rat again.

Rolls

attack 18 - (1d20)

(6) = 6

def 10 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Oct 7, 2015 8:17 pm
Sir Monroe falls to the ground, quite dead.

It looks like this was a store room. There are crates and boxes toppled over and ripped open. It appears that Sir Monroe was trying to munch on a few.
Oct 7, 2015 8:30 pm
Hotwire holsters his pistols and picks up his assault rifle. "Well that was exciting. How's Kalerik? And did Ashley - alright, Chuck - found his damn rock yet? We better move along or else it's Imperial rats next!" Hotwire starts poking around the crates to see if there's anything useful that the rat hasn't ruined yet.

Also, he enlists S'skaar's help divvying up the S.T.I.L.L.'s.
Last edited October 7, 2015 8:49 pm
Oct 7, 2015 11:52 pm
"Kalerik? Well, he's... Kalerik... ain't much I can do about that... We found 20 S.T.I.L.L.s? I say 4 each sounds alright..."
Oct 7, 2015 11:57 pm
Everyone make a perception check
Oct 7, 2015 11:59 pm
Chuck glances around... And finds a pepperoni stick lying in the storage room. "mmmm, still good!"
Last edited October 8, 2015 12:00 am

Rolls

Perception - MND+IN=9 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Oct 8, 2015 1:40 am
S'skaar looks around.

Rolls

(14) = 14

Oct 8, 2015 6:22 am
Hotwire hands out the S.T.I.L.L.'s and continues poking around.

Rolls

Perception check (MND+IN) - CTN 12 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Oct 8, 2015 7:14 am
Saru's senses are still saturated with the drums of war.

Rolls

Perception 4 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Oct 8, 2015 10:32 am
Hotwire sees two things:

1. The wounds on the mutated rat have stopped bleeding, and smaller cuts are healing...
2. The rat must have something tucked in his cheek pouches.
Oct 8, 2015 12:27 pm
"What the?! This thing is healing like a frakking Borgoz!!" Hotwire puts a slug in between the monster's eyes and zaps it with his shock glove for good measure. "And it's got something in its cheek pouch! Could be important - could be Chuck's damn rock!!"
OOC: Rolls required for the rifle shot and glove incapacitation? Target's just lying there :-D
Last edited October 8, 2015 12:28 pm
Oct 8, 2015 1:24 pm
(No roll needed) Hotwire holds the shock glove on the beast and the charge makes the thing sizzle. It lurches and opens it's mouth in pain and a fist sized stone falls out onto the floor, covered in slime and gore.

The beast dies again, and this time, no healing is evident.
Oct 8, 2015 2:43 pm
Hotwire jumps back as the monster spasms. "Alright, that's some gorram nasty shite. Scoop that up will you, Ashley. You sure that thermos of yours is adequate containment? Wouldn't want another frakking contamination event on board the Ronin!"
Oct 8, 2015 3:09 pm
"We're really doing this? We're bringing that damn rock with us? Can't we just blow it up with the station and tell Jorbo the situation was completely FUBAR?"

As he pockets his 4 S.T.I.L.L.s...
Oct 8, 2015 3:15 pm
Kalerik looks toward S'skaar and chuckles to himself.
"And what would be the fun in that, Elizabeth?"
Oct 8, 2015 3:49 pm
"I couldn't care two shits about the damn rock, but Ashley here is the job, and I doubt he'd leave here willingly without it. Now we scuttle this dump, get scarce, and get paid. Thing is, what about the human female holed up in the engine room? Can't just leave her here to get blown to smithereens."
Last edited October 8, 2015 6:42 pm
Oct 8, 2015 4:31 pm
Chuck will kneel down and carefully scoop the rock into the thermos without touching it. "trust me guys, if Jorba is who wants this thing, he'll be far more grateful if we don't frak it up. Besides, the whole zombie thing is related the water supply I don't see how this could be related... Or wait!" Chuck pulls out the genie from his pocket, "will this rock turn us into mindless flesh eating deadites?"
Oct 8, 2015 4:37 pm
The thermos is clearly a special device, when you wist the cup while pushing down, the bottom third opens up with a hiss of steam. Inside is a heavily shielded compartment. Once you put the rock inside there is another hiss of steam and it closes and locks.
Oct 9, 2015 12:59 am
"Alright, everyone got their S.T.I.L.L.s? Okay then, let,s go get that female, blow this station up, and leave before the imperials arrive!"
Oct 9, 2015 3:03 am
kalajel says:
let,s go get that female
Kalerik pumps his fist in the air.
"Yes! Finally, something I can do!"
Last edited October 9, 2015 3:03 am
Oct 9, 2015 5:01 am
"Yeah, we probably shouldn't leave her behind when we blow this joint." Chuck grits his teeth and makes to follow the group.
Oct 9, 2015 10:26 am
From the store room there is an exit south that is clearly an airlock, this was the other airlock that you could have docked at when you first arrived. Everything appears normal with it and Sir Monroe had not tried to eat it.

To the west there is a small passage leading to the hallway where the engine room is (where you saw the woman on the camera). The door to that hallway looks riddled with arms fire (from the other side). There is lots of blood on the ground, some fresh and some old.
Oct 9, 2015 11:09 am
"Something tells me a rescue attempt is likely to end with a score of Stray Dogs: 0, gun turret: 5, unless somebody talks that human female down."
Oct 9, 2015 11:58 am
"Is there any option to remotelly connect to the gun turret to deactivate it? or is it standalone?" "...or maybe Kalerik could try to seduce it..."
Oct 9, 2015 1:22 pm
Hotwire and S'skaar know that it cannot be wirelessly accessed
Oct 9, 2015 2:00 pm
"I also suggest we do not let chuck do the talking lest his "misunderstanding" with her backfires on us... Anyways let's open the door and have a peek, more likely, this turret will be in the corridor."
Oct 9, 2015 2:52 pm
As you approach the door, it opens.

A tripod mounted assault rifle whirs around toward you and open fires.

Everyone make a MOB+AG roll (Plus acrobatics if you have them) to avoid being shot at before combat begins. If you have the Rolling talent, you may use it but then you may not use it in the upcoming combat.
Oct 9, 2015 2:59 pm
Kalerik, dodges out of the way...
Last edited October 10, 2015 12:06 am

Rolls

Jumping (CTN:12) - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Oct 9, 2015 3:01 pm
Jumping, ouch
Last edited October 9, 2015 3:11 pm

Rolls

MOV+AG=8 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Oct 9, 2015 3:14 pm
"Tip it so it won't fire anymore! I'd like to bring this back to the Ronin for added protection..."
Last edited October 9, 2015 3:15 pm

Rolls

S'skaar attempts to jump out of the way (MOB+AG, CTN 8) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Oct 9, 2015 3:20 pm
Chuck tries to dodge the incoming fire...

Rolls

MOB+AG CTN 11 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Oct 9, 2015 5:58 pm
"FRAKKK!!!" Hotwire hits the deck and starts crawling towards the turret.
Last edited October 9, 2015 5:59 pm

Rolls

MOB+AG: CTN 7 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Oct 9, 2015 10:58 pm
The sentry gun open fires on Saru

Rolls

Sentry Gun Attack CTN 12+4+4=18 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Saru DEF 18-4=14 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Oct 9, 2015 11:05 pm
ROUND 1

Initiative
12 S'skaar DEF: 10, HP: 16/16, SP: 0
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP:12/18, SP: 0
11 Chuck DEF: 8, HP: 13/14, SP: 0
09 Sentry Gun HP: 100% DEF: 15 Ammo: 80%

Conditional Modifiers

COMBAT MAP
MAP
Oct 10, 2015 1:49 am
S'skaar will move to cover while overloading his hold out laser just in case...

"You know guys, if we fell back, and went through the greenhouse instead, we'd be right next to the turret and it would be a lot easier to tackle it then..."
Last edited October 10, 2015 1:49 am
Oct 11, 2015 1:07 am
Kalerik will attempt to charge the turret while dodging bullets, he'll attempt this by bounding his way to the turret. He will try to catapult his way beside the turret...
(OOC: this might take two turns for Kalerik to reach the turret correct?)
Last edited October 11, 2015 1:07 am

Rolls

Jumping (CTN:12) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Oct 11, 2015 2:27 am
You could do a double move and be close enough for an attack NEXT round...
Oct 11, 2015 2:54 am
Dextolen says:
You could do a double move and be close enough for an attack NEXT round...
That is what I would like to do.
Oct 11, 2015 4:13 am
OOC: That's been Hotwire's plan - make a run for it. He'll shut that thing down eithout damaging it (or get shot to bits trying). S'skaar has a good point though - it would be safer going at it from the greenhouse - but this is more fun! :-D
Oct 13, 2015 1:06 am
Chuck will dive for cover with S'skaar. Letting the superior non-humans deal with the turret at the moment.
Grendelthebrave sent a note to Dextolen
Oct 13, 2015 1:38 am
Secret note passed to player
Oct 13, 2015 6:02 am
Hotwire scrambles forward, trying to stay low. "Somebody give that thing a target so I can get to it!!!"
Last edited October 13, 2015 6:03 am
Oct 13, 2015 4:18 pm
OOC : can I throw on a few words to my turn as hot wire is acting? If so:

"didn't you guys have a link to the intercoms in there? Maybe I could talk her down, before our Verdant friend gets juiced. "
Last edited October 13, 2015 4:19 pm
Oct 13, 2015 4:42 pm
Chuck recalls that Anne was a pretty gal, getting older, so she was very worried about her crows feet, etc. She was a scientist who, due to the demands of her work life, was growing older and had not met the right guy. Chuck attempted to be the guy 'right now' but she took it the wrong way and that got him sent to HR and his cover almost blown.
Oct 13, 2015 7:27 pm
"We tried, she never answered..."
Oct 13, 2015 7:35 pm
"You didn't have the ol' Chuck Finley charm working for you... Just see if you can connect me"

OOC: I'll wait my turn to continue, sorry for derailing.
Oct 13, 2015 7:39 pm
I think Saru goes and then I can shoot you all
Oct 14, 2015 7:53 am
"I'll help Kalerik keep the turret busy... I'll attack it while he seduces it ..." says Saru while approaching the turret
Oct 14, 2015 8:39 am
"I'm the gun whisperer around here. I just need to get to it first!"
Oct 14, 2015 2:02 pm
You all learn the turret tripod is a ball design, as it lowers to attack Saru. For 1 pt. of damage

Rolls

Sentry Gun Attack Saru CTN 12+4+4-1=19 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Saru DEF 18-4=14 - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Oct 14, 2015 2:04 pm
ROUND 2

Initiative
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP:12/18, SP: 0
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP: 21/22, SP: 0
09 Sentry Gun HP: 100% DEF: 15 Ammo: 60%

Conditional Modifiers

COMBAT MAP
MAP
Oct 15, 2015 1:37 am
DOH...S'skaar misses - Sorry, tried viewing from my phone (while driving)

Please proceed
Oct 18, 2015 4:44 pm
In case it was unclear, I misread S'skaar's attack - it missed. Kalerik, etc. please continue combat.
Oct 19, 2015 4:48 am
Kalerik searches for some object that might fit in and clog up the barrel of the Sentry Gun

Rolls

perception (CTN:8) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Oct 19, 2015 4:35 pm
Chuck reaches into S'skaar's pack and withdraws his laptop, hoping he doesn't have some weird claw scanning biometric security on it.
He'll try to pull up the intercoms, "Hey, Anny baby, it's me Ch-, I mean Ash, Ashley. Why don't you go ahead and switch off the turret so we can chat, and get off this station before it explodes."

Rolls

Flirt/Persuasion MND +AU =10 - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Oct 19, 2015 5:06 pm
Hotwire attempts to disable the gun turret without damaging it or getting shot to bits.

"And THAT'S why they call me Hotwire!"
Last edited October 19, 2015 5:08 pm

Rolls

Engineering MND+DX (9) + Tech (3) + Engineer II (2) + Toolstick (1) = CTN (15) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Oct 19, 2015 6:06 pm
Anne doesn't respond, her back turned to the security camera. Perhaps the PA is damaged. Hotwire snips a wire and the gun powers down
Oct 19, 2015 6:07 pm
"I have a feeling we'll find out she's been zombified once we open the door..."
Oct 19, 2015 6:34 pm
Hotwire tries a bio-scan of the machine room, hoping the readings will tell himif she's human, zombified, or mutated.
Last edited October 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Rolls

Bio-scan beyond door (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Oct 19, 2015 6:44 pm
kalajel says:
"I have a feeling we'll find out she's been zombified once we open the door..."
"Yep, I think you are going to be right. But we have to check anyway."
Oct 19, 2015 6:52 pm
"Well I'm not getting anything conclusive from the scan. I guess we open the door and find out."
Oct 19, 2015 6:58 pm
"As soon as the door gets cracked let me try to talk to her, she might be, unpredictable..."
Oct 19, 2015 6:59 pm
"Keep your blasters on the ready boys..."

S'skaar will open the door to the machine room.
Oct 19, 2015 7:03 pm
As soon as the door opens up, Chuck will call out: "Anny? Anne darling? It's Ash, I'm with some, well, scary looking individuals, but I can assure you we mean no harm."

Rolls

MND+AU=10 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Oct 19, 2015 8:13 pm
Annie turns around at the sound of Chuck's voice. Her cheeks are sunken in and her mouth caked with blood and gore. "Mmmrrghhhaarrgahhhh!!!" The girl that Chuck found beautiful once reaches out for him, hungrily
Oct 19, 2015 8:15 pm
Everyone gets an action first. S'skaar realizes that the wall behind the zombie is part of a nuclear reactor...
Oct 19, 2015 8:45 pm
"Shit, okay, change of plan! No blasters, take out your chainswords!"
Oct 19, 2015 11:42 pm
ROUND 1

Initiative
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP:18/18, SP: 0
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP:19/22, SP: 0
04 Zombie Annie DEF 15, HP:100%

Conditional Modifiers
Shoot guns and find out.
Oct 20, 2015 12:25 am
"Hey wait a minute, she's just a stupid zombie who wants to eat our face. She'll most like follow us if we back off, then we can shoot her without risking blowing up the station prematurely..."

S'skaar will take a double move toward the room where they fought the mutated rat...
Oct 21, 2015 3:56 am
Kalerik pulls out his chainsword and runs at the zombie, lunging to attack.

Rolls

Attack (CTN:12) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

(3) = 3

Oct 21, 2015 4:32 pm
Chuck backs away, keeping his assault rifle trained on zombie-Anne in case she remains a threat when led out of the machine room.
Oct 21, 2015 8:26 pm
Heeding S'skaar's suggestion, Hotwire backs away as well, rifle ready. "Which way we taking her then?"
Oct 21, 2015 8:34 pm
"I suggest the hold where we fought the giant mutated rat. We already know this area is cleared."
Oct 21, 2015 10:33 pm
Woops, I forgot about Saru - this doesn't happen until after his action

The zombie attacks Kalerik! Who takes 3 pts damage

Rolls

(8) = 8

Kalerik DEF 8 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Oct 22, 2015 6:45 am
"Come on kid, run! I'll be the bait here, we need to get this thing away from the generator..." Saru shouts to Kalerik whie putting him out of the zombie's way "Get away from him. You Bitch!"
Oct 22, 2015 11:19 am
Dextolen says:
Woops, I forgot about Saru - this doesn't happen until after his action

The zombie attacks Saru! Who takes 3 pts damage
Oct 22, 2015 11:21 am
ROUND 2

Initiative
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP:18/18, SP: 1
04 Zombie Annie DEF 15, HP:33%

Conditional Modifiers
Shoot guns and find out.
Oct 22, 2015 3:12 pm
S'skaar mumbles something about "vegetables" as he takes up position in the hold where they fought the giant mutated rat and readies his shot for when the zombie will come out of the machine room...
Oct 22, 2015 11:53 pm
S'skaar hears his laptop 'bing'...Checking it, he sees "INCOMING TRANSMISSION TO RESEARCH STATION L36"
Imperial Heavy Cruiser Relentless ETA 15 minutes.
Oct 23, 2015 1:50 am
"Frak. Guys, we need to hurry up!"
Oct 23, 2015 2:30 am
CUT SCENE
Quote:
Image of Mazuran Imperial ship exiting hyperspace.

Interior - Bridge of the Relentless

A junior officer approaches the ship's admiral. "Sir, we've studied some transmissions sent from the research facility, we believe that the specimen has been compromised. Initial long range scanners detect a ship has docked with the station and several life forms have been detected."

The Admiral turns to the officer "It is of no consequence. Send a shuttle with two squads of troopers, full environmental suits. Capture or kill all remaining aboard and retreive the specimen."

"Hail Mazura" the junior officer clicks his heels together and salutes, then spins in place and leaves the bridge.

The admiral looks out of the window towards the station, which is only a speck at this range. His eyes narrow.
Oct 23, 2015 3:18 am
"Leave the bitch! Let's set these mines to blow the reactor and the bridge, and get the frak out!!!"

OOC: Not my turn yet. Just a little RP. :-)
Oct 23, 2015 7:26 am
"Ok, plant those mines while I dance with the lady, then we run like hell"
Oct 23, 2015 4:39 pm
"Let's go Hotwire, can't wait to make this fat lady sing! These two can handle Annie" Chuck holds up one of his many limpet mines.
Oct 23, 2015 11:41 pm
Kalerik's turn in case all the free action chatter has confused anyone... :)
Oct 25, 2015 3:52 am
Kalerik grimaces when Saru takes the damage for him. He stands there for a moment, speechless... Just for a moment. Kalerik gestures at the zombie and sends his chainsword whipping towards it. He is far from happy.
"Sorry, darling, but I rather bed with a Fly Trap". Kalerik ignores Saru as he makes this attack (not rudely, however. But with determination).
Last edited October 25, 2015 6:45 am

Rolls

Attack - CTN:12 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Annie's Defense - CTN:12 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Extra- CTN:12 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Oct 25, 2015 4:18 am
The chainsaw takes a major chunk out of the zombie.

(Roll another d20, if you get under your CTN (12) you add that to the damage)
Oct 25, 2015 9:33 pm
+1 SP to Kalerik. his chainsaw bites deeply!
Oct 26, 2015 6:32 pm
Chuck moves to the side, waiting for Saru and Kalerik to either draw out Zomb-annie, or hack her to pieces before rushing in to plant some mines in the machine room.

Holding my action for now, I moved myself on the map.
Oct 27, 2015 3:31 am
Hotwire starts hauling the gun turret in the direction of Lab B. "I'm taking this to the Ronin. I'm setting mines at the station bridge timed for 15 minutes from now. You better get out before then or it's Imperials AND kablooey!"

The turret has gone missing from the updated map.
Last edited October 27, 2015 7:34 am
Oct 27, 2015 7:32 am
Saru attacks the zombiette and moves back trying to lure her out of the door.

Rolls

def 15-3=12 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

attack 16 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Oct 27, 2015 10:17 am
The turret is still there.
Oct 27, 2015 10:20 am
The zombie attacks Kalerick

Doing 12 points of damage

Rolls

Zombie attacks Kalerik CTN 15 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Kalerik Def 8 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Oct 27, 2015 10:25 am
ROUND 3

Initiative
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP: 6/18, SP: 1
04 Zombie Annie DEF 15, HP:33%

Conditional Modifiers
Shoot guns and find out.
Oct 27, 2015 2:43 pm
Seeing people are starting to get hurt, S'skaar will make a double move to get closer to the fight.

"Remember to search her once we're done; she probably has the controls for that turret..."
Oct 29, 2015 2:33 pm
Kalerik slashes out at the zombie once again, his chainsword roaring.

Rolls

Attack CTN:12 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Enemies Defense CTN:12 - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Oct 29, 2015 3:13 pm
Oh no. Please roll an attack against yourself as before
Oct 29, 2015 6:42 pm
Kalerik does it again. He just wants to be at the cockpit of his ship and enjoy the vastness of space... and not hack himself up. He trips, sending the chainsword flying toward himself.

Rolls

(14) = 14

Kalerik's Defense CTN:5 - (1d20)

(6) = 6

(20) = 20

Kalerik's Defense CTN:5 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

(1) = 1

Oct 29, 2015 7:01 pm
Roll again until you hit. (Risky Weapon)
Oct 29, 2015 10:54 pm
Lets just say no slaying dice and for god sake sheath that thing
Oct 29, 2015 11:22 pm
Seeing the green mist emerging from the machine room, Chuck moves to the door and starts waving his arms to attract zombie Annie into the hallway.

"I'll hold my action to shoot when she comes out if that's okay?
Oct 30, 2015 12:31 am
"Dammit!" Hotwire lunges forward and sticks a S.T.I.L.L. into Kalerik.

I forgot, the dice roller doesn't do division. So that's 9hp healed.
Last edited October 30, 2015 12:31 am

Rolls

S.T.I.L.L. - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Oct 30, 2015 8:18 am
Saru furiously facepalms "Again with the chainsword?" and runs to drag Kalerik's body out of the zombie's way while protecting him with his own body.

OOC: it will be go adjacent to him, grab him and drag away him, can it be done in the same turn? how far can I get him?
Oct 30, 2015 10:40 am
You are strong and he's a string bean (literally) so you can use your full move,minus the move to go adjacent.
Oct 30, 2015 11:27 am
OOC Done, I've updated the map
Oct 30, 2015 2:37 pm
The zombie rushes forward and attacks Hotwire, doing 9pts of damage. Hotwire slips on some of Kalerik's sap and falls to the ground.

Rolls

Zombie Attacks Hotwire CTN 15 - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Hotwire DEF 9 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Oct 30, 2015 2:39 pm
ROUND 4

Initiative
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP: -4/18, SP: 1 UNCONSCIOUS
11 Hotwire DEF: 9, HP: 10/16, SP: 0
10 Saru DEF: 18, HP:22/22, SP: 2
04 Zombie Annie DEF 15, HP:2%
Conditional Modifiers

MAP
Oct 30, 2015 3:18 pm
S'skaar will advance a bit and perform first aid on Hotwire.

Rolls

S'skaar's First Aid check (MND+DX+First Aid+Doctor's Bag, total CTN 16) - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Nov 2, 2015 4:37 pm
"come on guys let her come out of there so we can shoot her and blow this place!"

Chuck will sling his rifle and start to get a limpet mine ready.
Last edited November 2, 2015 9:28 pm
Nov 3, 2015 4:01 am
Hotwire pops back up onto his feet and starts running..
Last edited November 3, 2015 4:49 am
Nov 4, 2015 11:43 am
*Saru regenerates* OOC Should be at full health now
Saru delays his action to avoid blocking the door for chuck until "zombie annie" goes out of the room and then attacks her (after her movement but before her action)

Rolls

def 15-3=12 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

attack 16 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Nov 4, 2015 12:23 pm
Just as Saru predicted, the zombie stumbles around the corner after him. +1 SP to Saru
Nov 4, 2015 12:26 pm
ROUND 5

Initiative
12 S'skaar DEF: 10, HP: 16/16, SP: 1
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP: 7/18, SP: 1

Conditional Modifiers

MAP[/quote]
Nov 4, 2015 1:32 pm
OOC: Moved zombie annie in the map to be adjacent to me, is it ok?
Nov 4, 2015 4:00 pm
S'skaar will move behind Hotwire and inject another S.T.I.L.L. in Kalerik, hoping to wake him up.

"Wake up celery boy, we need you to pilot the ship so we can make our getaway..."

S'skaar gives Kalerik 7 HP back.
Last edited November 4, 2015 4:01 pm

Rolls

S.T.I.L.L. - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Nov 5, 2015 5:11 pm
Chuck immediately notices the problem with his idea once Annie is between the rest of the party and himself. Deciding instead to get out of the line of fire, he dashes into the machine room.

He'll set a timer on one of his limpet mines, for a few minutes after the imperials are scheduled to arrive.
Nov 6, 2015 3:36 pm
"We don't have time for this, dammit!" Hotwire takes a gamble and thrusts his shock-gloved fist at the zombie before retreating behind the others. "We should've led her the other way!"

Rolls

Shock glove - MAT 5 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

OD 12+5 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Nov 6, 2015 4:50 pm
"Don't worry Hotwire, it's under control. Help S'skaar take Kalerik and that sweet gun turret to the ship. I'll protect Chuck and escort him to the Ronin as soon as he has the mines planted." Says Saru while punching the zombie in the face.
Last edited November 6, 2015 4:53 pm

Rolls

attack 16 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

def 15-3=12 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Nov 6, 2015 6:16 pm
+1 SP to Saru

The zombie returns the favor...

Rolls

Zombie attacks Zaru CTN 15 - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Saru DEF 18 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Nov 6, 2015 6:18 pm
ROUND 6

Initiative
12 S'skaar DEF: 10, HP: 16/16, SP: 1
11 Kalerik DEF: 8, HP: 7/18, SP: 1

Conditional Modifiers

MAP
Nov 6, 2015 10:59 pm
Seeing how damaged she is, S'skaar will take a pot shot at zombie Annie, not wasting time to overcharge his shot, spending his SP to aim for a particular vulnerable spot on her.

Rolls

S'skaar's attack (RAT 13, -1 for engaged in melee, total CTN12) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Zombie Annie's DEF (DEF 15, -2 hold out laser, -1 for SP, total CTN 12) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Nov 6, 2015 11:36 pm
s'skaar puts an end to the beast
VICTORY!
Nov 7, 2015 12:07 am
"Alright. Let's blow this shit up before the Imperial arrive. Let's put some mines on the computer consoles on the bridge to make sure to erase any traces of our meddling around..."
Nov 7, 2015 12:33 am
Chuck will throw two more mines at various spots in the machine room, then rejoin the others at the bridge.
Nov 7, 2015 1:07 am
There is a small datapad on the counter here, seems to be related to the sentry gun by the info on the screen
Nov 7, 2015 1:10 am
You set the charges on the walls that house the reactor core. As you set the charges you hear a shower of sparks, something is coming through the other airlock, near the storage room!
Nov 7, 2015 2:11 am
"Frak my life! Time to go!"
Chuck books it toward the bridge screaming his warnings.
Nov 7, 2015 4:27 am
S'skaar quickly grabs the datapad as he starts to run. "Okay, time to go guys!"
Nov 7, 2015 7:38 am
"Go, go, go" Saru starts running.
Nov 7, 2015 1:10 pm
As you race down the corridors, you hear a clang of the airlock door falling and booted footsteps behind you
Nov 7, 2015 3:24 pm
"Hey, asshole Imperials, instead of dealing with us, how about you deal with your undead crew first!? Clean up your own goddamn mess!"

S'skaar keeps running...
Nov 7, 2015 5:44 pm
"No time for chit chat! This place is going to blow! Hotwire, how are those bridge mines coming?"

Chuck doesn't wait for an answer and bee lines it straight for the airlock (The not-so imperial infested one).
Nov 8, 2015 2:18 am
You race through the corridors and rooms and reach the control room, site of the carnage against the zombies.
Nov 8, 2015 3:45 am
To buy the group a few secobds, Hotwire uses the main console to attempt to seal all doors between them and the Imperials. Then he sets charges on the bridge, setting the timers to coincide with Chuck's mines in the machine room.

Rolls

Engineering MND+DX (9) + Tech (3) + Engineer II (2) + Toolstick (1) = CTN (15) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Nov 8, 2015 4:34 am
The doors all swoosh shut. (make a mnd + in roll)
Nov 8, 2015 6:59 am
MND+IN

Rolls

MND+IN=12 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Nov 8, 2015 3:57 pm
S'skaar makes his check.

Rolls

MND+IN (CTN 12) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Nov 9, 2015 5:11 pm
Uh? what' this?
Last edited November 9, 2015 5:12 pm

Rolls

MND+IN=4 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Nov 9, 2015 5:20 pm
Frantic running...

OOC:is this for everyone?

Rolls

MND+IN=9 - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Nov 9, 2015 6:34 pm
Everyone failed, so....

You race passed the control room and to your airlock - and aboard the Ronin.
Nov 9, 2015 6:43 pm
OCC I assumed you set the charges in the bridge/control room. The MND+IN was to think about something else more devious (Opening the crew quarters doors on the poor Imperial Troopers)
Nov 9, 2015 6:58 pm
"Let's go, let's go, let's go!" Hotwire races to his station and gets the Ronin's reactor and weapons systems online.
Nov 9, 2015 7:26 pm
Out of the cockpit canopy you see the Imperial cruiser in the distance. Flying in a formation, circling the station are 3 imperial fighters.

Nov 10, 2015 12:33 am
S'skaar will hand over a heal gum to Kalerik.

"Here, chew on this, we'll need our plot in top shape for this..."
Nov 10, 2015 4:02 am
Kalerik takes the gum and starts chewing. He frowns as he realizes that the gum just reminds him of how hungry he is.
"I swear, I am not going to step onto land again, until this ship blows up".
Nov 10, 2015 3:26 pm
Everyone buckles into their stations. The ship is ready to take off...
Nov 11, 2015 12:19 am
Kalerik sits in and grips the controls. His face seeming to turn yellow out of fear. With that Kalerik begins the take off procedures.
"What the hell do you guys want me to do? Run? Fight?"
Last edited November 11, 2015 6:23 am
Nov 11, 2015 12:26 am
COMMS: INCOMING MESSAGE:

[[Unidentified craft. This station sent a distress call. The Empire is answering - placing this station in our temporary jurisdiction. Please maintain docking with the station and wait for Imperial representatives to arrive. Failure to do so will be seen as an act of aggression. ]]]
Nov 11, 2015 1:46 am
"Fly and avoid shots as best you can while you plot an hyperspace route out of there, we'll man the turrets. We need to get the frak out of here before this station blows!"
Nov 11, 2015 1:54 pm
Saru lights a cigar and takes his place in a gun station.

"Do you mind if I play some music?"
Nov 11, 2015 6:10 pm
Chuck hurries into the ship and takes the open copilot seat. "So, now we see what you can do, eh Kalerik? Don't worry, back in my 'bro days, I turned some knobs on privateers. Should be like riding a bike, no?" Chuck grins and rubs his palms together anxiously.
Nov 11, 2015 8:09 pm
Kalerik frantically works the controls to get the ship out of harms way. To Saru he just nods frantically, forgetting whatever his question was. When Chuck sits besides him, Kalerik turns and just stares blankly at him. After a few seconds he snaps out of it and shakes his head.
"Oh. Greeeaaat."

Rolls

Piloting (if it is even needed). CTN:6 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Nov 11, 2015 8:27 pm
Kalerik remembers to disengage the airlock connector before he takes off. He does a quick maneuver as he leaves the station.

Do you want to trigger the mines now?
Nov 12, 2015 7:16 pm
As the Ronin pulls away from the station, there is a burst of light followed by a larger explosion. The station begins falling apart.

From one end, you see a gangway break away and more than a dozen zombies spill out into space. A chain reaction explodes the reactor.

The imperial fighters dive to attack!
Nov 12, 2015 11:24 pm
"Ah! Take that stupid zombies!"

S'skaar will start plotting an hyperspace course to a small isolated system in case the Imperial cruiser can decipher their hyperspace course somehow.

Rolls

Hyperspace course (MND+IN+Engineer+Hacker+Laptop, total CTN 17) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Nov 12, 2015 11:53 pm
Hyperspace plotting progress: [X] [ ] [ ]
Nov 12, 2015 11:55 pm
ROUND 1

Initiative
*Imperial Fighters
*Ronin: Piloting, Co-Piloting, Navigation, Gunnery, Misc
*Heavy Cruiser

Conditional Modifiers
Hyperspace Programming [X] [ ] [ ]
Nov 13, 2015 12:02 am
The trio of fighters bear down upon the Ronin. Two of them line up a shot on the freighter.

Kalerik spins and dodges one shot, while the other penetrates the shields and does a bit of damage.

On the inside, you rock around a bit but no other effects

Rolls

Imperial Fighter Attacks MND+DX+WB = 12 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Piloting DEF MND+DX+AV = 10 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Imperial Fighter Attacks MND+DX+WB = 12 - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Piloting DEF MND+DX+AV = 10 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Nov 13, 2015 1:28 pm
"Take this you imperial scumm..."

Rolls

Gunnery (against one of the Imperial Fighters) 10 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Nov 15, 2015 9:59 pm
"We've sustained some surface damage. Not to worry, I'm on it!"

Rolls

Repair (Engineering) MND+DX (9) + Technician (3) + Engineer II + ToolStick (1) = CTN (15) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Nov 16, 2015 2:19 am
The Imperial Cruiser turns your direction and begins slowly but steadily moving towards you. It's laser batteries are not in range.
Nov 16, 2015 2:19 am
ROUND 2

Initiative
*Imperial Fighters
*Ronin: Piloting, Co-Piloting, Navigation, Gunnery, Misc
*Heavy Cruiser

Conditional Modifiers
Hyperspace Programming [ ] [ ] [ ]
Nov 16, 2015 2:21 am
The 3 Imperial Fighters line up on the Ronin....

Taking 8 pts of damage.

The power system blinks off and on. The co-pilot can try to redirect power (MND+IN+ENG) or someone can try to access the power panel within the ship and use mechanics.

Rolls

Imperial Fighter 12 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Ronin DEF 10 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

(16) = 16

Ronin DEF 10 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

(19) = 19

Ronin DEF 10 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Nov 16, 2015 6:05 am
"On it!"

Rolls

Rerouting power MND+DX (9) + Technician (3) + Engineer II + ToolStick (1) = CTN (15) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Nov 16, 2015 8:30 am
Saru continues shooting the Imperial fighters.

Rolls

Gunnery (against one of the Imperial Fighters) 10 - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Nov 16, 2015 11:41 am
Hotwire restores full power!
Nov 18, 2015 4:45 am
Kalerik can do an evasive maneuver to improve the Ronin's defense. Co-Pilot can divert systems to improve speed (grant +2 to Kalerik's next move). I'm totally winging this until official dogfight rules come out!
Nov 18, 2015 3:17 pm
Chuck's hands move furiously, trying to keep the inertial compensators balanced while diverting power to engines.

OOC :including MND +Dex and MND +IN, so whichever is appropriate...

Rolls

MND+IN=9 - (1d20)

(6) = 6

MND +DEX=12 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Nov 18, 2015 3:29 pm
Kalerik gets +2 to his piloting roll to do a stunt. A successful stunt either

1. Causes 1 or more fighters to not be able to attack you
2. Put you in a position to grant +2 to the gunners
Nov 18, 2015 3:33 pm
Kalerik pulls up in order to get into the blind spot of one of the fighters. He smiles wide, at the very least he is in space again. encompassed by the walls of his ship. He is willing to die now.

Rolls

Evasive Manuever (CTN: 6+2 = 8) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Nov 18, 2015 4:43 pm
The plant man pulls an amazing twirling barrel roll, spiraling upward unexpectedly.

With the coup I will grant you both bonuses - 2 fighters cannot attack you next round AND your gunners get +2 next round.
Nov 18, 2015 4:44 pm
The Imperial cruiser gains a bit of momentum as it moves towards you. (Still not in laser battery range).
Nov 18, 2015 4:46 pm
ROUND 3

Initiative
*Imperial Fighters (3) - HP: 100%, 100%, 77%
*Ronin: Kalerik Piloting, Chuck Co-Piloting, S'Skaar Navigation, Saru Gunnery +1 SP, Hotwire Engineering
*Heavy Cruiser

Conditional Modifiers
Hyperspace Programming [X] [ ] [ ]
2 Imp. Fighters have lost you for the moment and cannot attack
+2 to Saru's gunnery this round.
Nov 18, 2015 4:48 pm
Two of the Imperials scramble to catch back up to the Ronin after Kalerik's deft maneuvering. One pilot manages to stick on the Ronin's heels and blasts away...

There is a shudder as the laser blasts hit. Life support systems flash a warning. Someone will need to run to the system panel and stop an oxygen recycler leak! (Mechanics roll).

Rolls

Imperial Fighter Attack CTN 12 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

DEF 8 - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Nov 18, 2015 6:22 pm
"Hot damn!" Hotwire runs to the system panel as fast as his short legs can carry him. He shuts valves to bypass the damaged oxygen recycler and bring backup systems online.
Last edited November 18, 2015 6:23 pm

Rolls

MND+DX (9) + Technician (3) + Engineer II + ToolStick (1) = CTN (15) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Nov 18, 2015 6:48 pm
"Nice flying Kal!"
Chuck scrambles to keep the energy levels balanced and prevent the engines from overheating.

Rolls

MND +DEX =12 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Nov 18, 2015 8:02 pm
S'skaar calms down and resumes plotting the hyperspace course.

Rolls

(5) = 5

Nov 19, 2015 8:25 am
"I'll try to get them off our asses"

Rolls

Gunnery 10+2=12 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Nov 19, 2015 1:23 pm
The Imperial fighter is hit!

+1 SP to Saru

Rolls

Imperial Fighter DEF CTN 10 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Nov 19, 2015 2:46 pm
The cruiser will be in range in two rounds
Nov 19, 2015 2:48 pm
ROUND 4

Initiative
*Ronin: Kalerik Piloting, Chuck Co-Piloting, S'Skaar Navigation, Saru Gunnery +1 SP, Hotwire Engineering
*Heavy Cruiser

Conditional Modifiers
Hyperspace Programming [X] [X] [ ]
Cruiser in range in two rounds
Nov 19, 2015 2:56 pm
The three fighters are back on your tail again... a few shots hit the hull, causing it to shudder but everything's holding together.

Rolls

(15) = 15

(10) = 10

(2) = 2

Ronin DEF CTN 10 - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Ronin DEF CTN 10 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Ronin DEF 10 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Nov 19, 2015 3:34 pm
"Good shooting Saru, keep it up!"

S'skaar continues plotting the hyperspace course.

Rolls

(13) = 13

Nov 20, 2015 8:23 am
"This big ass imperial cruiser is almost here, hurry up men"

Rolls

Gunnery 10 - (1d20)

(13) = 13

def 10 - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Nov 20, 2015 11:40 am
Kalerik, give me a piloting check - you may choose to:
1. Do another maneuver to try to throw the fighters off or
2. Accelerate to gain some distance on the cruiser

Chuck can assist (Piloting check) to grant you a +2 to your check
Nov 20, 2015 3:27 pm
Chuck works the controls to try and keep an optimal power level to the thrusters for kalerik.

Rolls

MND +DEX =12 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Nov 20, 2015 4:51 pm
Kalerik curses and attempts a maneuver to throw the fighters off. He knows his luck will run out sooner or later.

Rolls

Piloting CTN: 6 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Nov 20, 2015 4:56 pm
The imperial cruiser inches closer. Hotwire detects that they are lining up their tractor beam as well.
Nov 20, 2015 4:57 pm
ROUND 5

Initiative
*Heavy Cruiser

Conditional Modifiers
Cruiser in range in oneround
1 Fighter cannot fire this round
Nov 20, 2015 4:59 pm
The Imperial fighters attack - the hull takes the brunt of it - one fighter fumbles and cannot fire (Deleted the post when I realized I had not started the new round yet and am too lazy to reroll all that)
Nov 20, 2015 5:36 pm
"We're taking hull damage, but no breach so far! That cruiser is lining up it tractor beam though so now would be a good time for some fancy flying!"

Rolls

(15) = 15

Nov 20, 2015 10:30 pm
S'skaa will attempt to finish plotting the hyperspace course.

"Frak... I almost pressed the wrong button when the Ronin buckled from that dogfighting..."
Last edited November 20, 2015 10:31 pm

Rolls

(18) = 18

Nov 21, 2015 12:29 am
Chuck assist and the Kalerik or things may start getting bad for the ronin!
Nov 23, 2015 5:54 pm
"Hold it together Kal!" Chuck furiously tries to keep the systems as optimized as possible, trying to ignore the sparking panels.

Rolls

MND+DEX=12 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Nov 23, 2015 10:30 pm
Kalerik puts all his force into maneuvering out of the way of the beam. His mind spins as his heart sinks. If I fail this there is no way they are going to let me fly again. The more he thinks the more he feels his determination slipping away. It is a strange feeling, one that Kalerik never remembered feeling before while he was in space. Despair.

Rolls

Piloting CTN: 8 - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Nov 24, 2015 1:01 am
The Cruiser is now within range. You see the green turbo laser bolts coming in. These are clearly warning shots. The cruiser's tractor beam attempts to focus in on you, but you're too far away for it to be effective.

Rolls

Tractor Beam CTN 10 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Nov 24, 2015 1:02 am
ROUND 6

Initiative
*Heavy Cruiser

Conditional Modifiers
Nov 24, 2015 1:03 am
The fighters back off as the Cruiser's lasers come to bear. Only one fires upon the Ronin.

There is a shower of sparks and the lights go dark. Everything else is working. Any movement around the ship is reduce - it will take two rounds to get to a trouble spot in the ship.

Rolls

Imperial Fighter Attacks CTN 12 - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Ronin DEF 10 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Nov 24, 2015 1:19 am
Kalerik frantically searches the cruiser in front of him looking for something that might cut off its guns or its tractor beam. Perhaps if he could get explosives to that part of the cruiser... he can manuever farely well in a space suit... perhaps he could blow part of the ship up...

"Guys, do we have any more explosives?"

Rolls

Searching CTN: 8 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Nov 24, 2015 1:47 am
Just to be clear - you are looking out at the cruiser for a wink point?
Nov 24, 2015 1:57 am
Dextolen says:
Just to be clear - you are looking out at the cruiser for a wink point?
Exactly, a weak point or some way to manually free our ship, if someone could use explosives to cut it off. I'm hoping that Kalerik's experience as a pilot would aid him.
Last edited November 24, 2015 1:57 am
Nov 24, 2015 2:03 am
There is a sensor array above the bridge that you think would hinder the ship if it was destroyed. It would require torpedoes or some other severe damage. To fly closer would risk tractor beam fun with a failed piloting check, however.
Nov 24, 2015 2:28 am
Kalerik will take note of this, just in case the information becomes useful.
Last edited November 24, 2015 2:29 am
Nov 24, 2015 2:42 am
Hotwire attempts to mitigate the damage taken by the Ronin. "Frak! We can't take another hit like that, guys! Get us out of here now!!!"

Rolls

(11) = 11

Nov 24, 2015 2:44 am
Hotwire gets the lights back on
Nov 24, 2015 4:42 am
"What? More explosives? You want to lob out limpet mines out the airlock? Concentrate on piloting Kal..."

S'skaar continues entering the hyperspace coordinates.

Rolls

(18) = 18

Nov 24, 2015 4:50 am
Chuck can take the controls while Kalerik was busy checking out the cruiser.
Nov 24, 2015 4:52 am
Chuck looks over at Kalerik after the lights go back on and he orients himself. "Wait, what do you need explosives for? what are you doing, We're not flying toward the large and imposing imperial cruiser are we?"
Shaking his head, Chuck works to get the systems smoothed out ofter the blackout.
Last edited November 24, 2015 4:59 am

Rolls

MND +DEX =12 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Nov 24, 2015 1:52 pm
The Imperial Cruiser attempts to focus it's tractor beam again. You feel the ship shudder a bit. The Ronin beeps a warning. This is your last chance to get into hyperspace before being caught in the tractor beam. Hotwire and Chuck can both make MND+IN checks to assist S'Skaar with a final hyperspace check.

Rolls

Tractor Beam CTN 10 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Piloting DEF CTN 8 - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Nov 24, 2015 1:59 pm
Hotwire reroutes as much power as possible to the hyperspace nav systems.

BOOYAH!
Last edited November 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Rolls

MND+IN = 12 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Nov 24, 2015 2:13 pm
Hotwire provides a +4 bonus
Nov 29, 2015 10:00 pm
Chuck can make an assist check for S'Skaar (or Kalerik) and then S'skaar can punch in those coordinates and see what happens.
Nov 30, 2015 1:10 pm
Chuck will attempt to give a little more power to the navigation computer while not compromising the thrusters too much...

Rolls

MND+IN=9 - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Nov 30, 2015 3:28 pm
Ah, I never started a new round - The fighters back off as to not get caught in the tractor beam, so S'skaar roll that hyperspace roll
Nov 30, 2015 4:21 pm
S'skaar finished punching the hyperspace coordinates.

(OOC: I'll be using the 7 as the first roll and use the 4 on the 2nd CTN 3 roll so his final check is a 7)
Last edited November 30, 2015 4:22 pm

Rolls

Hyperspace course (MND+IN+Engineer+Hacker+Laptop+help, total CTN 23) - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Hyperspace course (MND+IN+Engineer+Hacker+Laptop+help, total CTN 23) - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Nov 30, 2015 4:36 pm
The ship pauses and then the stars become streaks of light as the Ronin slips into hyperspace and away from Imperial clutches!

VICTORY!
You are all level 2. I will post a final post here soon before opening up chapter 2
Nov 30, 2015 6:09 pm
"I'm going to need to have a word with Jorbo, sending us into this FUBAR situation. He better knock off 5Gs from our debt for this!"
Nov 30, 2015 7:54 pm
Kilter, Jorbo's consigliere - adviser and voice, had instructed you to take the researcher, Ashley - who happens to be Chuck. to a location within Voidspace known as neutral territory and a den for the underworld - Knowhere, a space station/planetoid built within the decapitated head of a Celestial - a massive, all-powerful being that once roamed the galaxy.

There, all sorts of low profile trading goes on amidst mining operations, where the brain matter and fluids of the celestial are harvested for purposes unknown to most.

Passes note to Chuck..

Thread locked