Stray Dogs Episode I - The Station of Death

load previous
Sep 16, 2015 4:58 pm
You open the door from the conference room, revealing a narrow hallway. From the small portholes on either side you can see that this is a connecting hallway between parts of the space station. Our the right hand side, you see what must be the greenhouse, however the windows are so covered in steam that you cannot see inside it from here.

There is a door at the end of the hallway, you can see from its panel that it is unlocked and will open when you approach.
Sep 16, 2015 5:10 pm
"Alright, the med bay will be the first door on our right."
Sep 16, 2015 5:17 pm
You move into the hallway, which is a crossroads of sorts. To the North (left) you see three doors - two rooms and the hallway door to the lounge / cafeteria area (burger icon on the door). The two room doors indicate "Storage" (Crate) and "Kitchen" (Chef's hat). Strait ahead is another doorway, most likely to another connector leading to the lab and cabins.

To the right are doors to "Cold Storage" (Test tube) and Infirmary (Medical Cross) and a door to the greenhouse.
Sep 16, 2015 5:41 pm
Hotwire makes a beeline for the Infirmary. He uses their all-access passkey to open the door.
Sep 16, 2015 5:51 pm
The door opens as you approach.

This room appears to have been the site of a bloody battle, but there are no corpses here. The room has a lot of very high-tech medical equipment built into the walls - that are designed to be pulled out (on swinging arms) and then when released they retreat into the wall slowly. There are jars of items typically found in first aid kits, and a STILL dispenser on the wall.
Sep 16, 2015 6:01 pm
Staying at the open doorway, rifle ready, Hotwire scans the room. Is it human blood? Zombie?

Rolls

Bio scan - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Sep 16, 2015 6:46 pm
Hotwire slings his rifle and starts taking STILLs and whatever else else he can get his hands on. "If we weren't on the frakking clock here I'd take every piece of equipment here for the Ronin!"
Sep 16, 2015 7:29 pm
As S'skaar picks up materials to make first aid kits.

"Agreed, not to mention being attacked at any moment by zombies or whatever escaped that cage... I'd really like to install a few of those swinging arms on The Ronin, but whatever..."

After a moment of picking up supplies

"Seems we took anything which wasn't bolted down. Let's go through the greenhouse and be on our guards. If what escaped the cage is some sort of animal, it might be tempted to stay in a more "natural" environment... If you guys prefer going through Lab A instead, it's not too late for that..."
Sep 16, 2015 8:30 pm
You glean the following:

Enough materials to make two Doctor's Bags (+2 First Aid; allows Medic checks; -0,5m MR)
20 S.T.I.L.L. (Dose (1 per hand, can be administered in combat) heals d20 / 2 HP. BOD / 2 doses max per 24 hours.)

Hotwire is fantasizing about the built in gear. It would grant Medic +I rank to all checks and estimates that it's worth about: 400 Credits (or priceless to the Ronin)

Rolls

d20xd20x5 - (2d20)

(165) = 21

Sep 16, 2015 8:37 pm
"I think we should see what's left in lab A, it looked empty on the camera feed"
Sep 17, 2015 3:43 pm
Hotwire shrugs. "It's through the greenhouse to Lab A so whatever. While you ladies decide, I'm taking a quick peek into this storage locker next door. He heads over to Storage and opens the door.
Sep 17, 2015 3:50 pm
(I assume you meant the regular storage, not the cold storage room)

The door opens with a swoosh when you approach. The shelves are lined with cans, boxes of foodstuffs, plastic dishware, cutlery and there are large bins on the floor, filled with vegetables, fruits and grains.

It's clear that someone or something has rummaged through here haphazardly. One of the grain bins is tipped over, a vegetable bin is open and there are pieces of carrot on the floor. You find more of the large offal you found in the control room.
Sep 17, 2015 4:08 pm
"To the greenhouse then. Do you think we can get a live video feed through your laptop, S'skaar?"
Sep 17, 2015 4:49 pm
"No, guess I should have programmed that back when we were on the bridge, still, it won't help us much since there was too much condensation on the lens last I checked..."
Sep 17, 2015 4:56 pm
"You're right. Well, here goes." Rifle ready, Hotwire uses the key-card to open the greenhouse door and steps aside for Saru.
Sep 17, 2015 4:57 pm
The door to the greenhouse opens as you near it, there is a rush of warm air that would remind the Skal'az of home if it wasn't so darn humid. Before you is an amazingly lush jungle of overgrown plants that once were perhaps vegetables, fruit trees and other things that one might have expected in such a space. You think you see what was once a path winding through the place, but you can't see too far ahead due to the dense foliage.

There are several plasteel windows in the ceiling, higher above, that allow sunlight to come in but these are covered in condensation.
Sep 17, 2015 5:17 pm
"Hmm, that's odd... I'm no botanist, but I doubt plants would normally overgrow like that in only 2 weeks without pruning... That feels... wrong..."
Sep 17, 2015 5:46 pm
kalajel says:
"Hmm, that's odd... I'm no botanist, but I doubt plants would normally overgrow like that in only 2 weeks without pruning... That feels... wrong..."
Kalerik scowls, slightly offended by S'skaar's remark. "Plants might surprise you. I've known a lily plant from a planet I visited during a pilot speed run, the lily matured within five minutes of her existence... don't underestimate the plants, Coldblood".
Last edited September 17, 2015 5:46 pm
Sep 17, 2015 6:41 pm
"Whatever you say celery stick... Alright, let's go..."

He motions to Saru to take point.
load next

Thread locked