Stray Dogs Episode I - The Station of Death

load previous
Sep 7, 2015 9:20 am
"Your choice kid."
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Hotwire shrugs and puts the glove back on. "Well, what did you want to check out again? You said something about some doors."
"Yes, I want to be sure there's only one door open at the same time so we don't get surrounded by those freaks. I'll need you to lock them all with some kind of code. There's one door in this room and two on the next."

"When everyone is back to health we can continue exploring the building, one room at a time"
Sep 7, 2015 5:02 pm
"Yeah I can do that. Good idea. Might have a better chance of digging my claws into the system if S'skaar punches a hole in the firewall for me though. How 'bout it, S'skaar?"
Last edited September 7, 2015 5:03 pm
Sep 7, 2015 5:31 pm
"I tried several time already and failed, I'm not sure I can manage to break through that firewall" (OOC: I'm assuming tis -2 cumulative penalty is still in effect despite having taken a few minutes off the console...) "But hey, feel free to borrow my laptop and give it a try yourself if you want."
Sep 7, 2015 9:24 pm
"Man, you know I'm no hacker! That's not how I roll. Let's see if I can kick this old-school!" Hotwire checks the remains of the zombie scientists for access cards or keys. Next he pries open one of the door control panels and fiddles with the circuitry. "See, any fool can short-circuit a door. The trick is making it so it only opens for you."
OOC: Hotwire doesn't have the Hacker talent.

Rolls

Rewiring the door: MND+DX 9 + Technician 3 + Engineer II = CTN 14 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Sep 8, 2015 12:31 am
Hotwire has successfully 'hacked' this door - he can set it to only open/close for a specific 3 digit code.
Sep 8, 2015 4:44 am
"That's why they call me Hotwire." the engineer says with a grin. Having dealt with the remaining door out of the command center, he moves to the conference room to do the two doors leading from there.

Rolls

Hotwiring the door on the left: MND+DX 9 + Technician 3 + Engineer II = CTN 14 - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Hotwiring the other door: MND+DX 9 + Technician 3 + Engineer II = CTN 14 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Sep 8, 2015 4:57 am
"Hmm...that's no good. Lemme try that again." Having failed to rewire either door to his liking, Hotwire concentrates on the door across from the command center.

Rolls

MND+DX 9 + Technician 3 + Engineer II + 2nd attempt = CTN 12 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Sep 8, 2015 1:25 pm
There is a spark and the door opens...
Sep 8, 2015 1:37 pm
Beyond is a stark, white hallway. There is a door on the eastern wall of the hallway that has black and yellow stripe around it's frame. At the end of the hall is a blast door that has "LABORATORY B" stenciled on it.
Sep 8, 2015 2:08 pm
"Frak! Looks like I screwed that up and this particular door is permanently open. Lemme check." Hotwire hits the door actuator to see if it will close & lock normally.
Sep 8, 2015 2:15 pm
it doesn't close - the LED readout says "PIN PLEASE" - but you didn't set one...
Sep 8, 2015 2:22 pm
Kalerik shrugs. "Well, you did better then I could have. But this does not look good". Kalerik will pull out his holdout pistol and frown at Saru.
Sep 8, 2015 2:35 pm
Hotwire moves to retry jerry-rigging the eastern door of the conference room. He grins as the door succumbs to his ministrations. "Yeah that's what I'm talkin' about!" He looks forlornly at the rebellious southern door. "Two out of three ain't bad, I guess."
Last edited September 8, 2015 2:38 pm

Rolls

MND+DX 9 + Technician 3 + Engineer II + 2nd attempt = CTN 12 - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Sep 8, 2015 3:11 pm
The door shuts as instructed.
Sep 8, 2015 4:59 pm
"How about we go back and check out that room which was next to the airlock? I'd just like to be sure that if we have to retreat to the Ronin, we won't encounter more of those things blocking our way because we did not properly secure the area..."
Sep 8, 2015 5:37 pm
As you are discussing next steps in the control room, the door you came through opens and a someone, or someTHING in a space suit shambles into the room, arms stretched toward you. The copper sun visor is down, so you cannot see the face.

You can hear a mumbling or wail come from inside as it lurches forward...
Sep 8, 2015 8:10 pm
Saru adopts his combat stance, ready to attack.
Last edited September 8, 2015 8:11 pm
Sep 8, 2015 9:32 pm
S'kaar takes out his hold out laser and aims at the thing.

"Lift up the visor or remove the helmet or be shot!"
Sep 8, 2015 10:13 pm
The figure steps forward and moans....oooooooOOOOoooohhh...and the visor flips up...
Sep 8, 2015 10:56 pm
Kalerik, who is now freaking out, fires as soon as the visor flips up. He isn't planning to be bitten again... no matter how cool it looks.
Last edited September 8, 2015 11:41 pm

Rolls

Attacking Walker (CTN:10) - (1d20)

(1) = 1

load next

Thread locked