Exigency: The Old Guard

load previous
Dec 12, 2015 6:58 pm
Serana eyes the complex. She's impressed that Darghibous's plan got this far. "Here's my thinking. Pudge and Darghi can attend the meeting. Myself and Wilhelm will position ourselves out of sight, but ready to spring into action should the need arise.

"Whatever happens you'll be taking a huge risk. I know you don't trust Graves-Burton, but you don't know how bad he can be. For all we know this bench will be rigged to explode. Or he'll have it riddled it with photon bolts the moment you sit on it."
Dec 13, 2015 1:45 pm
"The thing about Graves-Burton is that at his core he's just a bully. He may have significant resources, and be wily as hell, but he's just the same as the bullies I used to deal with every day at school." Pudge toes at something on the ground. After a few moments, Pudge looks back up at Serana. "That makes him predictable. Something that clearly can't be said of us."

"So how do we want to get set up?"
Dec 16, 2015 4:57 pm
"I can always store a weapon or explosive in my bag of tricks, but I don't know what the target would be if not Graves-Burton, and I don't relish the idea of certain suicide. Can we use this meeting as a distraction, or as part of a two-pronged offense, and hit him simultaneously someplace else?" Darghibous smiles sheepishly and shrugs. "Perhaps I have watched too many vids; I really do not have experience in this sort of thing."
Dec 17, 2015 8:59 pm
"That psion is almost certainly here as well. I'll stay out here and be on the lookout for that. We eliminate them, we eliminate his strongest asset."
Dec 19, 2015 7:35 pm
Serana nods. "You both make valid points. With that in mind... I think I'll go start a scene with that Arbiter. If the psion joins the fray, Wilhelm can get the drop on them."
Dec 23, 2015 6:13 pm
Boldly, Serana swaggers towards the main entrance. She draws her sword and points it at the Arbiter, and shouts a challenge in Lodorion:

"Cafertol! I remember you! You owe me a fair fight, you pompous coward, and there's no Councillor whose skirts you can hide behind this time!"

edit - edited in what I actually said as that felt lazy. Also I think I'm invoking my background there? So that's -1, so my actual roll is 18.
Last edited December 24, 2015 10:42 am

Rolls

taunt - (1d20+4)

(15) + 4 = 19

Dec 27, 2015 1:33 pm
Pudge starts analyzing the surroundings, hoping to find a good place to hole up and get locked into the complex's network.

Rolls

Searching for a connection point - (1d20+6)

(15) + 6 = 21

Dec 27, 2015 3:47 pm
Wilhelm almost melts away into the shadows of the embassy and waits for his moment, searching for the psion with both his eyes and his mind.
Last edited December 27, 2015 3:48 pm

Rolls

Begin The Hunt - (1D20+7)

(10) + 7 = 17

Dec 27, 2015 8:37 pm
Cafertol takes the bait. He spins his glaive around a few times and assumes a fighting crouch. For a man in power armour, there's an impressive fluidity and dexterity to his motions.

"Margoyles! I heard you died. If you had, it might have spared you the embarrassment of what's about to happen." His voice is slightly warped by his helmet's vox unit, but it's clear he's angry. Serana got under his skin.

As the two combatants draw closer, Wilhelm feels an itch at the back of his mind, hot and cold, peculiar and familiar at the same time. The psion from before is near...

Wilhelm suppresses his thoughts, controls his breathing and carefully considers every footstep. He repositions himself slightly, scanning the surrounding area for the psion. And then he finds her: casually leaning against a lamppost, eyeing the scene as if she only has a passing interest in it.

She's trained to High Council standards, certainly, but she's wearing the drab, functional uniform of an Enforcer. An expensive plasma pistol rests on her hip, but something about her manner suggests she rarely uses it.

Right now her attentions are focused on Serana, ready to reach out with her psi and crush the cyborg's psyche should the duel prove one-sided.
Pudge taps into the Embassy's network in record time. There's a Mercenary sub-protocol in place so that their forces can share it, and frankly that just made it all the easier for Pudge to crack it. The audio channels are already his and the cameras and locks will soon follow with a few choice worms and a little brute-force.

Most of the comm chatter is routine stuff about patrols, but the riflemen on the roof are calling in regarding the imminent duel at the main gate. They seem quite excited about the prospect of an Arbiter facing off against a military-grade cyborg: a few are even making bets on the outcome.

Then a new voice arrives on the line. Her comm ID is simply listed as "Reave", and all the other comm links go silent when she speaks. She's very soft-spoken. Raspy, almost whispering.

"Lord Councillor, I have eyes on the cyborg. Her signature is familiar. She may have been part of the group that tried to intrude on your earlier meeting. Rest assured that should she prove a threat I can take steps to eliminate her."

If Graves-Burton replies to Reave, Pudge doesn't hear it. Perhaps he's using a different, better encrypted channel.
Dec 29, 2015 4:28 pm
Wilhelm adjusts his hat and begins to slowly work his way around the courtyard. Drawing upon all his training, he closes his mind to psionic detection and takes up position behind the psion.

Rolls

"Hide" From Reave - (1d20+7)

(10) + 7 = 17

Jan 1, 2016 11:10 am
Serana gets as close as she dares to Cafertol. She remains on guard, sticking to a defensive stance.

full action guard. Not trying to hurt him (yet!) but trying as hard as I can to parry and block any attacks he sends my way.

Rolls

melee defensive roll - (1d20+9)

(10) + 9 = 19

Jan 2, 2016 3:50 pm
Reave, it seems, is not particularly receptive: as psions go, she has raw power but not sensitivity. Yet even then her passive psi would pick Wilhelm up if he got too close. He maintains some distance, but not so much that he can't engage in melee combat should the situation demand it.

Cafertol unleashes a barrage of thrusts and swings. Serana struggles to parry them all: he's learned a few tricks since their last bout.

Serana is down 1HP.

Rolls

Reave's Insight - (1d20+4)

Cafertol's Melee attack - (1d20+7)

(17) + 7 = 24

Cafertol's Melee damage - (1d10+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Jan 5, 2016 5:23 pm
"Serana, the psion, Reave, has you in her crosshairs. Not sure there's anything you can do, but I want you to be aware. And, don't worry, no one is tracking this frequency. Wilhelm, Darg, you copy?"
Last edited January 5, 2016 5:24 pm
Jan 5, 2016 6:52 pm
"Reave won't be an issue. Focus on tearing him to shreds. I've got you covered."
(Not sure if readying an action is a thing, but if so I'm going to do that by readying an attack against Reave should she do anything aggressive)
Jan 7, 2016 10:32 am
Serana realises she underestimated Cafertol. She won't make that mistake twice. She wipes blood away from her lip and charges right back in.

Using my Slam ability and burning edge to make a standard attack

Rolls

Melee - (1d20+9)

(15) + 9 = 24

damage - (1d10+9)

(4) + 9 = 13

Jan 7, 2016 3:18 pm
Darghibous is looking speculatively at the roof. "I hear you, Pudge. I'm ready to walk in if you open the door...unless you'd rather I was on the roof?"
Jan 11, 2016 4:14 pm
Cafertol swings his glaive's handle up, ready to parry... and Serana shoulder checks him, bowling him off his feet. He lands heavily, ornate tiles cracking as he meets the ground. Serana hacks at his armour's actuators as he struggles to get back up.

Reave's vox crackles back into life. "I'm starting to think Arbiters are overrated. Just say the word and I'll put the cyborg down."

Cafertol is at 5/7 HP.
Jan 18, 2016 6:16 pm
Serana presses her advantage, giving Cafertol no chance to recover.

"You could always surrender. Like last time. I swear, I couldn't think any less of you."

Rolls

Full attack! - (1d20+11, 1d10+11)

1d20+11 : (13) + 11 = 24

1d10+11 : (2) + 11 = 13

Jan 18, 2016 6:29 pm
"Darg, are you saying that you have a way to easily access the roof? I think I might have an easier time getting you inside from up there."

Pudge searches furiously through files & documents. "Otherwise, I might be able to get you through the front door without arousing suspicion. Not sure though."
Jan 25, 2016 12:39 am
Serana's strike jars Cafertol's weapon in his hands and sets his teeth rattling. He adjusts his grip and backs off, and quickly at that. He knows he's no match for Serana's raw strength.

Pudge hears another voice on the channel: "This is Cafertol. I'm, uh, having some difficulty with the intruder at the main gate. Requesting support."
OOC:
Cafertol is at 3/7 HP. Also, Cafertol sounds like some sort of pep pill to me. Just saying
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.