Exigency: The Old Guard

load previous
Feb 6, 2016 5:39 pm
Reave is severely disorientated by Pudge's unexpected counter-attack. Wilhelm's fist snaps her out of it, but just as she's lifting her sword Serana grabs the Enforcer around the middle and athletically slams her into the ground, hard.

Reave is out cold, for now at least.
Feb 10, 2016 5:27 pm
Wilhelm crouches over top of Reave's unconcious body. A strange set of Plaztique(TM) bracers suddenly appear in his hands, before being snapped to each of the wrists pinned behind Reave's back. Her new accessories light up a dull red, and magnetize together to secure her hands in place. After ensuring the restraints are properly in place, Wilhelm stands and tips his hat towards Pudge and comes over the coms, "Good timing Iranii, any more of that and her and I would both be dead. Now we can get information out of her when she snaps back." He then crouches down to lift Reave over his shoulder and begins carrying her out of the courtyard. As he reaches the middle, he looks back at Serana and smiles. "Thanks for the assist; this is starting to make me rethink the whole 'I work alone' thing. Would you mind grabbing my coat for me over there? It was my father's and I didn't want it to get roughed up by all the excitement." He gestures towards the psion on his shoulder with a head motion before leaving the courtyard.
Feb 12, 2016 12:24 pm
Serana nods and picks up the coat. Lost in thought.

She doesn't say it out loud, but even with her dulled, augmented mind Serana could feel Reave's power. And for Pudge to overwhelm the woman...

She has obviously been underestimating her teammate.
Feb 21, 2016 5:58 pm
During all this hubbub, Darghibous has probably made his way across the lobby and into the courtyard. Is the Lord visible?
OOC:
Let me know if there's more that you want to play out in that progression.
Feb 22, 2016 12:40 pm
No alarms blare. No frantic guards run by, no officers scream directions. The courtyard is oddly peaceful, with only the gentle murmur of background conversation as people go about their business, oblivious to the chaos outside.

Graves-Burton is sat near the centre as he promised. He looks calm, in a mildly bored way, with one arm stretched out over the back of the bench. He's not dressed casually, but he's not in the full dress robes of a Lord Councillor either. He's trying to scan the crowd and is yet to spot Darghibous. He drums his fingers.
Feb 22, 2016 1:53 pm
"Yeah, of course. No worries, Wil." Pudge is too taken aback with his own actions to realize he just called the most dangerous and psychotic person he knows by a nickname. Pudge thinks to himself "What the hell just happened? How did I...? Pudge's thoughts scatter into a thousand different questions, before snapping back into focus. Darg.

Pudge finds Darg on the internal camera feed, then locates Graves-Burton on the bench. "Darg, I've got you, and there's the Lord Councillor on the bench up ahead. I don't think he's spotted you yet." Then to the two still outside. "Serana, Wil, our man is exiting the lobby into the central courtyard, and approaching G.B. If you're planning to be inside when that happens, now's the time."

"Dammit, I called him 'Wil' again?! What am I doing??"
OOC:
Just for clarification, there's an outer courtyard where we just took down Reave, then inside the building a lobby, which opens to an inner courtyard where Darg and G.B. are now, yes?
Feb 22, 2016 5:32 pm
OOC:
That's exactly right, yes. Bit confusing in retrospect!
Feb 22, 2016 6:23 pm
"Thanks for heads up, Pudge. We can leave Reave to nap in the hedge and get into a better position: I don't think we should enter just yet, but we want to be ready in case we have to assist Darghi.

"I'm not sure why the alarm hasn't sounded yet. We'd best be cautious."
Feb 24, 2016 4:29 pm
Darghibous subtly adjusts his bag of tricks, assuring himself that it's still there, and then walks forward easily.

"Good day, m'Lord."
Feb 24, 2016 4:59 pm
Wilhelm brings out more bindings, including a gag, and further secures Reave before depositing her in a row of hedges out of sight.
"She's not going anywhere for a while. We'll take up positions in the lobby between the courtyards. As for the alarms, I'm operating under the assumption that they have sounded, our enemy just doesn't want us to know it yet."
Feb 24, 2016 10:32 pm
The Lord Councillor has one hell of a poker face, but Darghibous is one hell of a reader. Despite his outward calm, Graves-Burton must have secretly been dreading a no-show: he's relieved, his muscles unclench.

"And a good day to you. Your correspondence didn't provide a name, so you have me at a disadvantage." He looks at Darghibous intently. The confident, superior gaze of an intelligent man who nevertheless feels he's far more intelligent than he actually is. "All the same, I am glad to see you here.

"We have a great deal to discuss."
Feb 26, 2016 9:57 pm
Darghibous nods, assessing Graves-Burton's response in a moment and satisfied at the result. He smiles courteously and gestures to the bench: "May I join you?"
Feb 26, 2016 10:30 pm
"Certainly." Graves-Burton adjusts his posture so he takes up less space on the bench. "This is a fantastic opportunity for us both. Some of your ideas were ingenious: it had never occurred to me to check ancient phase beacons for pre-Schism traffic records. With the right research, and with access to your findings, of course, we could determine exactly what was left behind in the Vault.

"My opening question, if you'll excuse the bluntness, regards what you want in return. What are you expecting to happen here?"
Feb 26, 2016 10:59 pm
Darghibous takes a seat next to the Lord Councillor. "Aside from recognition of my contribution to the effort, my main interest is in seeing that no one irresponsible gets whatever is in the Vault. There are many parties who could cause a lot of mischief and mayhem with powerful artifacts such as we think might be in the Vault; I wish to make sure that such parties do not get the chance."
Feb 26, 2016 11:48 pm
Graves-Burton looks thoughtful. "That sounds reasonable at face value, although I suspect you and I might have different notions of 'irresponsibility'." The Lord Councillor affects a crooked smile. "Your concern is noted all the same. I've seen the same action movies as everyone else: everyone knows these Schismatic vaults always hold some superweapon that spits singularities, or a nano plague that eats whole worlds. We can be careful, and considered.

"Which leads me to my next and arguably most pertinent question: why, exactly, did your friends assault my security detail if you were intending to go through with our meeting? I was half expecting you to try and stick a knife in my back." Graves-Burton leers. "Which would not have gone well for you, incidentally."
Feb 29, 2016 9:06 pm
"I don't know; I was a bit surprised myself. I didn't see what happened, as I was coming in here, but I think there may have been some sort of grudge between them. Fighting people tend to fight to work out their issues." He shrugs. "You use the tools you're given."
Last edited February 29, 2016 9:07 pm
Feb 29, 2016 10:48 pm
Lord Councillor Graves-Burton doesn't look entirely convinced, but he nods all the same. "Well said. And on that exact topic, I have a proposal for you and your friends. Perhaps this will keep their, hah, tools locked away.

"I shall provide you all safe passage off Valon. I have a state-of-the-art cruiser with a Mk III phasedrive: it can phaseshift without the aid of a beacon. Various dignitaries have already made a bid to travel on it, but I can guarantee you seats. In return, you will leave me and my allies to access the Vault. And I will even allow you to veto who we sell the contents to."
Mar 1, 2016 6:49 pm
During this conversation, Pudge is poking around in the network, seeing if there's anything that might be useful. Control of doors and exits? Recordings or documents? Security protocols? Drone controls? Anything that might help in a pinch, or be interesting or fun.
Mar 1, 2016 11:08 pm
Pudge quickly gains access to the doors but they each have manual overrides: if it came to it, a member of staff with a hardkey could bypass a lockdown. Pudge helps himself to the embassy's records (they're encrypted, but shouldn't be too hard to crack given a little time) and assumes control of the maintenance drones, mostly just because he can.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Mar 2, 2016 7:09 pm
"Punch the inbred scumbag in the face!" Serana barks. She clears her throat. "Sorry. No, don't do that. Wouldn't be wise. Maybe you can claim you need to talk it over with us first. I would say you could lie to him and pretend to take up his offer, but he'll be able to tell if you're insincere. He's good at that."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.