Exigency: The Old Guard

load previous
May 2, 2016 1:28 pm
Pudge smirks and shrugs. "I didn't pay for it. Shouldn't be too hard to find another when we need it. And, the good news is it looks like a car with a window smashed out will fit right in around here."
May 4, 2016 2:05 am
*Some time later*
Reave sits on the ground bound to a barrel of wine in the cellar of what used to be a popular eatery for the moderately affluent. Barrels of various alcohols have been moved to the edges with minimal effort from Serana. Reave is, as of yet, unhurt. Wilhelm stands a few feet in front of her, looking down with a very relaxed, even blasé, expression. "Well Reave, what's GB's big evil plan you were so eager to tell us about back at the car?" He smiles and crouches down right in front of her, bringing their faces very close together. "Unless of course you're interested in a different kind of fun." A small knife running along her neckline illustrates his point. "I've found witches tend to be a rather masochistic bunch, and I'm happy to oblige.
Last edited May 4, 2016 2:06 am
May 4, 2016 4:25 pm
Reave rolls her eyes. "I'm an Enforcer, Falstaff. I've been tied up and threatened by far, far nastier people than you.

"And the Lord Councillor's plan will already be in motion. By now he will have opened the vault. Graves-Burton truly believes he can control whatever's inside and that will doom the planet. Or Alpha Sector.

"Whatever you might think of me, you've seen me fight. Together we might actually have a shot at stopping him."

Rolls

Secret Roll

May 4, 2016 4:57 pm
OOC:
Can I make some kind of check to see if she's lying? Using my psi?
May 4, 2016 7:10 pm
OOC:
Sure. DC11, and at 16+ you get an additional fact.
May 4, 2016 7:20 pm
Serana glances at Pudge, who's clearly concentrating. No doubt he'll be trying to get a bead on Reave's motive. She bitterly remembers the days she had her own powers.
"Oh, stow it. You've been caught out and now you're trying to pretend you planned to double-cross GB all along right? Heard it all before, so spare us the act.
"Little known fact about Enforcers: they never, ever work alone. I think you're here for your own reasons. You just decided to bail because your first plan didn't work."
OOC:
edit - sorry changed things a bit to recognise what pudge was doing. I'm a slow poster.
Last edited May 4, 2016 7:21 pm
May 4, 2016 7:29 pm
Pudge tries reaching out with his Psi to get a grasp on Reave's true motives behind her words.

Rolls

Is she lying? (FOC + Psi) - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

May 4, 2016 7:47 pm
Reave doesn't try to keep Pudge out. She's telling the truth: not all the truth, but she's serious about the Vault, and about wanting to stop Graves-Burton.

She regards Serana coolly. "You're right, cyborg. I didn't come into this expecting to backstab my employer. But he has embraced madness, and I do not use that word lightly. I am still an Enforcer and I am still loyal to their cause: I cannot allow him to endanger the Sector I am sworn to protect."
May 4, 2016 11:08 pm
Serana snorts. Although she does seem a little placated.

"Of course. And I'm sure Wilhelm kicking your derrière had nothing to do with your decision."
May 4, 2016 11:19 pm
Pudge pulls Serana aside, "Listen, I don't know how much we should trust me -- I'm still trying to figure all... this... out." Pudge gestures towards his temple. "But, for what it's worth, I think she's telling the truth. She's definitely keeping something back, but she's not lying. I think she does want to stop Graves-Burton."
May 5, 2016 7:03 pm
"Well. I don't trust her," Serana begins quietly, "But I think we can trust your instincts. You beat her mind once before."
May 10, 2016 10:26 pm
Wilhelm comes back out of his silence, his voice low and even. "That's not enough for me." He looks towards Reave, "He says you're not telling us the whole story, and as someone who hunts down people who've betrayed their comrades and communities I'm not exactly the trusting type. So tell me, Reave, what are you hiding? Because you may think I may not be the single worst thing to ever happen to you, but that can change very quickly."
May 11, 2016 5:40 pm
The Enforcer locks eyes with Wilhelm. "I doubt that. The worst thing that ever happened to me is currently working for Graves-Burton. She has more raw psychokinetic power than I ever thought possible... coupled with a savagery that I'd never seen in action before. And I've seen you."

Reave visibly shudders. "You want the whole truth? The truth is that I fear this woman. She goes by the name of Lilen Armani."
May 11, 2016 5:50 pm
Wilhelm freezes, his face blank. The pause goes on for several beats, the tension between hunter and psych palpable, before Wilhelm's face breaks into a smile. He rises up from the ground, takes a few steps over to a barrel, and doubles over it laughing hysterically. His mirth becomes so violent that he collapses onto the ground, writhing all over the floor.
May 15, 2016 12:13 am
Serana doesn't at first remember the significance of the name. It's only when she sees Wilhelm's reaction that she recalls the debriefing with Chief Caceres and the name of the witch he hunts.

"Graves-Burton is an even bigger idiot than I thought," she mutters.
May 26, 2016 10:50 pm
Pudge doesn't remember the name, so Wilhelm and Serena's reactions seem even more ominous than they would otherwise. He doesn't feel super comfortable with this whole interrogation thing anyway, so he's mostly waiting for someone to clue him in or ask him to do something.
May 26, 2016 11:44 pm
Wilhelm's fit ends abruptly and he throws himself to his feet, sliding into a kneel that once again puts him face to face with Reave. "You mean I get to kill both of them? At the same time?" His voice is very low, with a tone ominously mirthful for the topic of conversation. "I'll tell you what Reave, you want to prove you're one of the good guys? Fine by me, but there's a condition. You're gonna stay right with me. You so much as blink in a way I don't like and I will make sure Lilen Armani is the last thing you need to be scared of. You behave like a good girl and help us and I'll let you watch as I tear her guts out and send old mighty Graves-Burton's head rolling into that vault he's so eager to open. Sound like a deal?" His offer ends with a very unsettling smile.
May 30, 2016 3:17 pm
Reave is obviously weighing the situation in her mind. She flinches slightly at the mention of Armani's name. But she nods.

"We have a deal.

"But I want a promise, from all of you, that you won't share whatever's in the Vault. If it's open, I want you to promise to reseal it."
May 31, 2016 9:30 pm
Serana rolls her eyes. "We've come this far to stop it from happening. If anything we should be grilling you to swear not to abuse what's inside there. But fine. I, Serana Margoyles, promise to reseal the Vault."
May 31, 2016 9:53 pm
Wilhelm nods, "After I burry what's left of Graves-Burton's corpse in the Vault to satisfy my own sense of poetic justice, I'll close it and keep what's there to myself."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.