General Discussion

load previous
Feb 10, 2016 11:52 pm
Sure, NOW you roll high! :-p For the record, I was going to run in and hit the barrels and DD regardless of whether it's a good idea or not. Just wasn't sure if I'd have to roll for something in addition to damage on those darned magically enchanted barrels.
Feb 11, 2016 12:05 am
You could totally dimension door out. It would probably look like you perish in the blast then suddenly appear next to the grieving group.
Feb 11, 2016 2:44 am
Out of curiosity, does anyone here have any interest in Dungeon World?
Feb 11, 2016 3:13 am
Yes actually. Was just looking at that the other day. You running a game?
Feb 11, 2016 3:38 am
Talking myself into it. I haven't had much success in previous games (I've only tried running DW once or twice), but I figure I just need to keep at it. I don't know how you GM's do it!
Feb 11, 2016 3:46 am
I've heard good things about it, but have never tried it.
Feb 11, 2016 3:49 am
Never tried it, but it has always sounded interesting. I listened to a podcast that ran it once, I am pretty interested in the system.
Feb 11, 2016 3:51 am
The things I love about it are the things that make it daunting to GM. It's very character-facing. All players have a major part in creating the sandbox and then playing in it. The mechanics are super simple, which may be more or less fun depending on how you like to play. In my (somewhat limited) experience, I've found it to be a great system for telling crazy stories and getting players invested in one another. But I've been super lucky with awesome GMs so maybe I shouldn't oversell it- ha.
Feb 11, 2016 4:23 am
From what I've heard this is a great system to run to offload some stuff to the players, sort of like Apacolypse world. Also I'm not an amazing GM by any means, I just do my best and hope everyone has fun. You will do great.
Feb 24, 2016 4:02 am
Sorry for delay. Crazy last few days. New post up tomorrow morning.
Mar 6, 2016 2:59 am
I'm going to GM NPC crollwel a bit, I think teaanddice is inactive for a bit.
Mar 9, 2016 4:00 am
I just realized I didn't have Charm Person prepared. Whoops. I keep forgetting that I'm supposed to pick those.
Mar 9, 2016 4:01 am
I'll let t slide because narratively I love that he was smitten only moments before Crolwell buried an axe in him. :)
Mar 20, 2016 7:55 pm
Did that woman say the other prisoners are in THIS tower, or the same one as my troupe?
Mar 20, 2016 7:58 pm
Same as your troupe. They hadn't mentioned anything in the other towers.
Mar 21, 2016 12:36 am
Not sure if I've ever asked Aelar about this but who are the members of this troupe? How long has he known them?
Mar 21, 2016 12:48 am
I will make a post about them tomorrow, hopefully. I haven't yet fleshed all of them out in my mind. The only two I know for sure are Felix and Garig. I also know of there are set of twins (acrobats).
Mar 21, 2016 8:28 pm
These are the main members who are ALWAYS with the troupe. There are others that come and go.

Management

Felix: Middle-aged man, greying hair. Lighthearted and kind leader of the troupe, he became a sort of surrogate father for Aelar after he caught him trying to steal from him.

Garig: 50+ year old man, bald (shaved). No-nonsense manager of the troupe. He manages scheduling, finances, and training of the troupe members. He cares deeply for the members of the troupe, but doesn't allow them to get away with anything.

Performers

Talia and Alanna (23): Talia and Alanna are identical twins, the acrobats of the group. Both are very attractive females with blonde hair and blue eyes. They have very playful personalities and have always enjoyed teasing Aelar mercilessly, knowing how he gets around attractive women. Talia has strong romantic feelings for Aelar, though she hasn't told him yet. This has caused her to become a bit more shy around him than her sister.

Vanar: Vanar is in his mid-20s, with a shaved head and dark eyes. He is the strongman of the troupe (Strength 18+). He likes to put on a serious front for the audience, but is really easygoing. He likes strong drink and bawdy bar songs.

Eagin (34): Eagin is a halfling of middling years. He is the best knife-thrower Aelar has ever encountered, and an accomplished sword swallower and fire-breather as well. He is very lighthearted in his interactions, though he does not appreciate those who look down on him due to his small stature.

Davos: Davos is the fortune-teller of the troupe. He is 70+ years old, but still spry and alert. He has a gift for divination magics and a grand storyteller's manner. He taught Aelar everything he knows about magic.

Other Staff

Alfred, Edwin, and Bruce: Young men (12-14), they are in training and do minor performances during shows and assist with labor.

Aelar has been a part of the troupe for 11 years, since he was 9.
Last edited March 21, 2016 9:47 pm
Mar 23, 2016 2:22 am
At some point weren't we doing side-based Initiative?
Mar 23, 2016 2:22 am
Single digit initiatives FTW!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.